We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

isengard expansion

I have an F2P account and normally buy the quest packs as I work through the game. I am now in Enedwaith and thinking about Isengard. There are two packs to buy the Quest Pack or the Expansion Pack (Rise of Isengard). What is the difference between the two, and is the expansion pack worth 1000 more turbine points for a F2P player ?

Any advice

An expansion pack always contains everything that is in the matching quest pack PLUS extras.

These extras include things like:
    - a skirmish soldier level increase
    - group and raid instances
    - MoM included 2 slots and 2 new classes

Look at the full description of the expansion and decide if you ever want to use the extra content. While you can buy all the pieces seperately: quest pack, instance cluster, skirmish soldier level increase; it will cost more to buy ala carte than to buy the expansion.

isengard expansion

thanks,

I think that as I never use skirmishes unless through the epic quests and I very rarely do group raids and instances, the extra 1000 points is not worth it. I think I would rather use the points on getting Great River instead.

I can still suggest getting the RoI expansion since it includes great instances that are still challenging at max level. The Great River region is nice to play but not necessary for traversing to Rohan.

great river is just a grind area to keep people busy until ROR came out. It was boring for me, just a bunch of daily repeated quests to earn gear that was about to become obsolete. Isen, on the other hand, had excellent story and questing and good raid & instance areas and a lot more to do that felt worthwhile.
    Draegon:
    "stack all the morale you want but dont come on here wonderin why you aint hittin hard! :D"

Quote Originally Posted by forusrname View Post
    great river is just a grind area to keep people busy until ROR came out. It was boring for me, just a bunch of daily repeated quests to earn gear that was about to become obsolete. Isen, on the other hand, had excellent story and questing and good raid & instance areas and a lot more to do that felt worthwhile.
    Except that the LG jewelry are still viable sets at 85. Not very obsolete at all.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by TinDragon View Post
    Except that the LG jewelry are still viable sets at 85. Not very obsolete at all.
    I could be wrong but I am betting on the instance cluster rewards being superior to the LLG stuff. By the time a player who has not yet started it buys the LLG and does the grind, they probably could have leveled to 85, gotten items in the upcoming instance stuff, and avoided the grind.

Those who did all that grind, yes, their items are still viable. ROR mobs are too easy and about 7/10 people that I have seen still use a level 75 weapon and armor too -- ALL level 75 gear is still viable because ROR is made up of easy trash mobs & OP mounted combat.
    Draegon:
    "stack all the morale you want but dont come on here wonderin why you aint hittin hard! :D"