We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

5/10/2014 Searching for Logon Server

I had not logged in for some time. When I did the client downloaded a bunch of updates. I don't know if this relates to my issue. I get a message that the game is searching for a logon server and I get a message 1-20 attempts and then I get a message saying client fail and something about timeout?

Any ideas what is causing this?

Hi, Echofinder, welcome to the forums.

I've never installed LotRO on Mac OS, only Windows, so I cannot be 100% sure but I believe the Launcher is the same for both clients.

In which case one thing that's worth checking is that the Launcher isn't set to use a proxy. It's a fairly common issue on Windows after an update that the Launcher changes settings by itself and they need to be changed back again.
    [center][url=http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?18699-How-to-get-help-on-the-Tech-Forums-and-how-to-contact-Turbine][color=gold]How to get help on the Tech Forums and how to contact Turbine[/color][/url]

[color=green]Please reply to the topic or PM me if a solution I posted works for you: The more data I can gather the better I can help.[/color][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by Echofinder View Post
    I had not logged in for some time. When I did the client downloaded a bunch of updates. I don't know if this relates to my issue. I get a message that the game is searching for a logon server and I get a message 1-20 attempts and then I get a message saying client fail and something about timeout?

Any ideas what is causing this?
    The simple answer is -- it's a communications problem. The error means exactly what it says -- but that is not terribly informative.

There are a multitude of possible causes. One of the most common ones is -- one or more of the servers are down. This typically happens when a new Update is released.
    The patch servers will come up, typically an hour before the game servers. During that time, you can get a message of the type you received. (There are a wide range of possible error messages.)

Usually you only have to kill the client, wait a short period of time, and try again.
    ( Making certain it is AFTER the "maintenance window," including any extensions advertised only on Twitter! )

Otherwise: tThe "usual suspects" ---
    1- power OFF your system (do not just close the lid)
    2- power OFF your router
    3- wait at least one full minute
    4- power up your router and wait until it is completely booted (typically between one and two minutes).
    5- power up your computer
    6- Launch LOTRO and try again.
    Bill Magill - Mac Player - Old Timers Guild- Gladden:

Partial cast
    Valamar: Dwarf Hunter - Level 105
    Valdicta: Dwarf Rune-keeper - Level 105
    Valanne: Beorning - Level 91