We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

5/10/2014 Searching for Logon Server

I had not logged in for some time. When I did the client downloaded a bunch of updates. I don't know if this relates to my issue. I get a message that the game is searching for a logon server and I get a message 1-20 attempts and then I get a message saying client fail and something about timeout?

Any ideas what is causing this?

Hi, Echofinder, welcome to the forums.

I've never installed LotRO on Mac OS, only Windows, so I cannot be 100% sure but I believe the Launcher is the same for both clients.

In which case one thing that's worth checking is that the Launcher isn't set to use a proxy. It's a fairly common issue on Windows after an update that the Launcher changes settings by itself and they need to be changed back again.
    How to get help on the Tech Forums and how to contact Turbine

Please reply to the topic or PM me if a solution I posted works for you: The more data I can gather the better I can help.

Quote Originally Posted by Echofinder View Post
    I had not logged in for some time. When I did the client downloaded a bunch of updates. I don't know if this relates to my issue. I get a message that the game is searching for a logon server and I get a message 1-20 attempts and then I get a message saying client fail and something about timeout?

Any ideas what is causing this?
    The simple answer is -- it's a communications problem. The error means exactly what it says -- but that is not terribly informative.

There are a multitude of possible causes. One of the most common ones is -- one or more of the servers are down. This typically happens when a new Update is released.
    The patch servers will come up, typically an hour before the game servers. During that time, you can get a message of the type you received. (There are a wide range of possible error messages.)

Usually you only have to kill the client, wait a short period of time, and try again.
    ( Making certain it is AFTER the "maintenance window," including any extensions advertised only on Twitter! )

Otherwise: tThe "usual suspects" ---
    1- power OFF your system (do not just close the lid)
    2- power OFF your router
    3- wait at least one full minute
    4- power up your router and wait until it is completely booted (typically between one and two minutes).
    5- power up your computer
    6- Launch LOTRO and try again.
    Bill Magill Mac Player Founder/Lifetimer
    Old Timers Guild - Gladden

Val - Man Minstrel (90)
    Valalin - Dwarf Minsrel (69)
    Valamar - Dwarf Hunter (105)
    Valdicta - Dwarf RK (105)
    Valhad - Elf LM (65)
    Valkeeper - Elf RK (86)
    Valwood - Dwarf RK (80)

Valhunt - Dwarf Hunter (70)