We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Character Rename Problem

Greetings!
    I have transferred my character from Firefoot to Landroval about a week or so. I've recieved the character rename and used and everything went alright! Yet I disliked the name I've chosen.. So after about 5 days I've bought from the LoTRO:Store a character rename token, used it and chose the name "Tiireos".
    The problem I'm facing is more forum-wise I guess? or website-wise? The character's name didn't change to Tiireos (from Theosid) in my signature, nor in the characters tab here on the site.
    I am wondering when will it change to Tiireos?

Thanks.

P.S: As you can look now below this post, my signature is there, with the name of Theosid instead of Tiireos.. Also I've changed a kin and that aswell hasn't changed. Please help.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520d0000002e2b29/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I don't know if this will work... but try changing your signature to a different character, logging off the forums, then logging back on. Maybe that will force a refresh.

Other than that, try waiting a day or two. There have been problems with syncing the data in signatures to the game data in the past.
    <<Insert clever sig here>>

Quote Originally Posted by Shukar View Post
    I don't know if this will work... but try changing your signature to a different character, logging off the forums, then logging back on. Maybe that will force a refresh.

Other than that, try waiting a day or two. There have been problems with syncing the data in signatures to the game data in the past.
    Nope.. nothing.. I'll wait another few days.. maybe it'll refresh by itself..
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520d0000002e2b29/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by SylvesterTobias View Post
    Nope.. nothing.. I'll wait another few days.. maybe it'll refresh by itself..
    Updates can be very slow. I changed kins. It took almost a month for the new kinship name to appear in my signature.

Best I can guess, Turbine decided some data changes rarely. The web site does not check for updates very often. According to Sapience most of the data is pulled by the web site. It is not pushed by the servers.

I am more used to working on systems where all changes are pushed automatically. There is periodic data sync (repair) process that makes sure the copy and slave files have the correct data.
    Last edited by Yula_the_Mighty; Nov 16 2012 at 07:26 PM.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.