We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Volume II, Book 8: Chapter 3: A Relic in Lumul-nar - Solo-only - Boss bugged.

So I bugged this last night but I wanted to give a heads up as this particular instance is rather time consuming and very frustrating to do - even when the boss isn't bugged out.

I aligned all the mirrors (thankfully this wasn't my first time through this Instance - so I knew basically what to do and it only took me 30 minutes to be reminded and get all the beams of light heading the right direction - as opposed to the 2 days it took me the first time.) I destroyed the Gift and jumped down the broken webs area to where the boss is supposed to be - on the glass floor thingy)

And guess what?

No Ergoth.

I waited for a while - jumped over the edge to force defeat - and started back from the ledge - still no spawn.

I ported out and came through again - no luck - I used the function "Leave Instance" and was ported to where Broin was and started the quest again - no butter!

Finally I left the instance and canceled the quest. - Broin said I had to wait 4hrs before I give it a retry - so I bugged the instance and logged for the night.

I was just catching up on the epic story line with this toon and cant really do anything else until I kill this boss and proceed with the epic - so I am reluctant to go through the mirror alignment phase again if the boss isnt going to spawn and I cant complete the quest - I would rather log a different toon and do something else until I was reasonably sure that the boss will spawn and I can proceed.

Is it possible that I am doing something wrong? I figured if the only quest objective left is Defeat Ergoth - and I can get down to the glassy floor area by beaming the lights (4 of them all converging above the web barrier and one beam shining straight down - breaking the webs) allowing me access below - that I should be doing it right...right?

Anyways - I gonna try it again tonight unless someone knows for sure that this isnt random and that the boss wont be there till a fix is patched.

Anyone?

Had the same issue last night, neither mirror layout worked, the final web always stayed. But before the you are doing it wrong group chip in, it was on my hunter so I knew where the Morroval where when they re-spawned so no mirrors got dirty.

Also bugged it.

I know that has happened to me but that was when I forgot to click the ball - or gift or whatever so I have no clue.

Dwarendele that happened to me also a few nights ago. I requested help and a Gm eventually spawned the boss for me.

Literally just done this quest (what a palaver), but fortunately Ergoth was there. But I've been bugging pretty much every epic instance in Moira over the past week or so where the NPCs just wouldn't appear, or wouldn't update their scripts to move onto the next part of the instance.

Edit: here's a guide for mirror layouts: http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/The_...s_of_Lumul-nar
    Last edited by Errastas; Nov 15 2012 at 05:29 PM.

This may be hard to believe but... I've been playing for 5 years and never once have I needed to contact a GM in game...

How do I do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwarendele View Post
    This may be hard to believe but... I've been playing for 5 years and never once have I needed to contact a GM in game...

How do I do that?
    The question mark next to your bags. Then 'new ticket'.

Thanks - Ill try it again tonight and if he doesn't spawn ill attempt to enlists a GM's help to trigger the spawn.

Much appreciated guys

Thanks

Thumbs up

Ive done this instance several times in the solo version (not lately). Fortunately, you dont have to kill the boss to complete the quest objective. as soon as you pick up the relic, you are done! Killing the boss is an added bonus to the solo version of the instance, but you dont gain any quest reward for killing her. Its only in the 3 man instance that you need to go kill her. (not part of the epic line)
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c214000000069a14/01004/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Crickhollow:
    *Ellannore - 75 Minstrel*.*Ellowin - 75 Hunter*.*Sneaker - 68 Burglar*
    *Adawinn - 75 Lore Master*.*Arrawin - 55 Captain*

Windfola:
    *Ellowin - 65 Hunter (retired)*.*Emmawin - 65 Minstrel (retired)*

May not be instance specific but a wider problem...

I did the epic "We cannot get out" and the Dolven view instance "The ghost forge" yesterday (amongs others), and both had issues with spawning. In "We cannot get out" Mazog failed to spawn in the Chamber and instance couldnt be completed, and in "The ghost forge" only 3 of the 5 required Accursed Armourers spawned and I was again unable to complete the instance.

In GLFF had someone say they had gone into a otherwise deserted region, and nothing spawned. No mobs, no npcs - the whole area remained deserted.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuanablue View Post
    Ive done this instance several times in the solo version (not lately). Fortunately, you dont have to kill the boss to complete the quest objective. as soon as you pick up the relic, you are done! Killing the boss is an added bonus to the solo version of the instance, but you dont gain any quest reward for killing her. Its only in the 3 man instance that you need to go kill her. (not part of the epic line)
    Well - I thought I was in the solo instance, as I was solo - but I guess I could have picked up the 3-man by mistake. My OP guard is pretty BA. and he's 65 so over leveled for the instance anyways.

In any event, I couldn't complete the quest until I killed the boss - the objective was listed in my tracker and when I left the instance Broin would only "travel" me back to the instance in progress - it wasn't until I canceled the quests that he said I had to wait 4hrs to retry and there was no other option...

I'll look more closely at the quest bestowal options tonight...

I had a problem a few weeks back with the Ghost Forge and the Cargul wouldn't spawn - i was pretty much farming the Dolven-view repeatable for LI stuff at the time and had only this one issue with at least a dozen runs - I bugged it - but other than that and last nights instances i haven't had any other issues.
    Last edited by Dwarendele; Nov 15 2012 at 05:47 PM.

Not the times I have done the solo instance, always have to kill her

The solo quest has both parts to accomplish: destroy the orb and kill Ergoth. I've done it on 4 other alts, well before the recent issues with the quest.

However, a couple days ago, I did the quest with Vhivi, and it bugged just like was described. Went through, aligned the mirrors, opened the last area and Ergoth wasn't there. I was out of time so I got out and quit the game. Last night I went through the entire rig-a-ma-role with the mirrors. When I got down to the last area, before I aligned those mirrors, I peeked through the net and made sure Ergoth awaited me. She did. I did the alignment, had to go back to uncover a couple of the mirrors since I got a spawn over them, and then jumped down to kill Ergoth.

Full credit for the solo quest only after you defeat her.

Thats a great idea Vhivi

Ill make sure she is there before i spend too much time on the mirrors...

Currently inside it and no Ergoth, waiting on a GM

It seems there is no end to spawning problems since RoR--I haven't been in the Mirror Halls since the release, but have been in so many other instances where I had to restart repeatedly to get a boss or npc spawn. It's a huge waste of time. When it happens in this many separate instances, I tend to suspect a systemic issue. I hope they listen to all the many threads and tickets and sort this out soon.

should have known, standing on the lens Ergoth should have been on

Unfortunatly, nothing apart from retrying the instance and making sure all the steps are done in the right order may be done to fix the issue by our services (even by our senior Game Masters). I apologize for the inconvenience. Is there anything else I can do for you today?
    They couldn't be arsed to spawn her

Quote Originally Posted by 0Pinger View Post
    should have known, standing on the lens Ergoth should have been on

<<<snipped by the forums because they cant handle nested quotes - but basically the quote is "sorry about your luck">>>>

They couldn't be arsed to spawn her

That is very discouraging - I guess the only recourse is to peek and see if the boss is there before you align all the mirrors - pft!

Unhappy

Wow that's weird. The other day when this happened the GM spawned the boss for me. I guess different gms will do different things.

Well - I wish I had a happy ending to this tale, but i tried again tonight and the boss didn't spawn and I received no response from a GM by submitting a ticket and asking for in game assistance.

I waited quite awhile (over 45 mins) and I still haven't received a e-mail notification (3 hours later)

I logged out as there is nothing else to do on this toon - I finished up mirkwood and hit 65 the other day and was just catching up on the epics I skipped as I leveled. I haven't bought any of the xpacs beyond mirkwood on this account yet and was going to finish up the books before i bit the bullet and forked up the $$ and moved on to RoI.

Fortunately I have other toons to attend to and there is always something else for an alt-oholic to do, but - I feel bad for the people who only play one toon and they run into this situation. Must be quite frustrating.

There appears to currently be a fairly widespread issue with quest NPCs and mobs not spawning, or at least not appearing on screen. As I've said in other threads, I've had this happen several times in the epic line at Nar's Peak. I've also just recently had it happen in Dunland. There's a quest where you have to meet Nona in the SW corner of the map near some farmland and cow fields, and when I got to her location she wasn't there. The quest tracker showed me standing in exactly the right spot, but no dice. So I rode off into the distance until the landscape in that area was no longer visible, then rode back, and suddenly she was there.

There is definitely some sort of bug somewhere.

I had to redo We cant get out 3 times before the balrog and his trolls spawned and on average zone in 4 times each time to the elf cave in Foundations of Stone to get Lenglammel to be there. Both things post the wed patch.

The glitch sure still is there.

I had a lot of trouble with the solo version of Lumul-Nar as well. It took me about 10 attempts during a time of 3 days to finally finish it. Most of the time the last net didn't open at all, and when it did Ergoth wasn't there.

But I found that Ergoth spawns instantly after you destroy the gift. So when you get to the final room destroy the gift and look down through the center of the net, if you can't see Ergoth then you don't have to waste time with the mirrors. Cancel the instance, wait for it to reset and try again later.

You are not the first one with problems there: http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...c-in-Lumul-Nar and there are a few more threads to be found.

You are describing the Epic completion requirement for the 3 person version of this instance - destroy the relic - which you can no do without ever engaging Ergoth in combat. The solo version requires you to destroy the relic and kill Ergoth.

Water Wheels works the same way for the Epic. You can partially complete the 3 person instance - destroy the relic before the final battle with the Caerog. Or do the solo version which requires you to kill the Caerog and destroy the relic.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Cannot reach Ergoth, quest says to kill her

There are 3 situations where you'll run into Ergoth:

The one I'm working on is the Book quest (Vol. 2, Book 8, Chapter 3) (Solo).
    I've destroyed the relic then aligned the mirrors in both popular manners but the webbing won't open. I've lost track as to how many times I've left and returned hoping I could get to her since the Book quest insists you kill her.
    Last edited by RobertChristian; Nov 23 2013 at 11:18 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast