We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Stand at Amon Sul Sound Glitch/Bug?

Okay, this has happened twice to me already so I am pretty sure it is a glitch/bug. Midway through the skirmish (actually about 5 to 10 minutes in it), the sound effects such as the battle sounds and voices disappeared, leaving only the music playing. Then after the skirmish ends, sound effects continue to be missing in the landscape. I had to exit and restart the game to get the sounds back (logging and relogging didn't work). Anyone else having this problem or is it just me?

In any case, I have already submitted a bug report so they could look into it.

Combat sounds glitch out on me as well.

This has been happening for a few weeks now, to me and my friends. I submitted a bug report back then, too. I hope they fix it soon.

I've had the same problem as well. Usually I get some sound after I leave the instance, but it's still buggy.

sound is the least of my concerns in amon sul. The skraid has a horrible frame rate and is barely playable. That said yes I get the same issue and it is a problem as I don't know when groups are starting unless I look in the chat log. I also didn't see any popup text saying a lieutenant is joining.

Quote Originally Posted by Cillathon View Post
    I had to exit and restart the game to get the sounds back (logging and relogging didn't work).
    Usually switching off and on the 'sounds effects volume' in the options/audio menu restores the sound effects for me after this skirmish.
    Ishtarien - Captain 100
    Ishtarel - HNT 100 / Ishtaridas - LRM 100 / Cabernetta - GRD 100 / Ishtari - RNK 100 / Ishti - BRG 100 / Lunasa - MNS 100 / Medovinus - BRN 100
    The Mellowship - [EN] Eldar -> [EN] Evernight

Quote Originally Posted by Lunasa View Post
    Usually switching off and on the 'sounds effects volume' in the options/audio menu restores the sound effects for me after this skirmish.
    Really? I'll have to give that a go. I hope that works for me! If it does, I'll give you a cookie. Or a hug. Whatever you want.

Today's update released a new bug for this skirm. Sometimes the mobs stay completely static right there in the middle of the area until someone attacks them. It happened to me just now, on solo. One of the encounter mobs charged in and we all started attacking it. The two mobs in the regular wave just stood right there next to us until we were done, doing absolutely nothing. Then after the encounter died, Candaith engaged them and it was back to normal again. It's almost like the mobs were being courteous - "Are you finished with your battle? OK, we're good to attack then - prepare to die!" xD

Quote Originally Posted by SentinelBasch View Post
    Sometimes the mobs stay completely static right there in the middle of the area until someone attacks them. It happened to me just now, on solo. One of the encounter mobs charged in and we all started attacking it. The two mobs in the regular wave just stood right there next to us until we were done, doing absolutely nothing. Then after the encounter died, Candaith engaged them and it was back to normal again. It's almost like the mobs were being courteous - "Are you finished with your battle? OK, we're good to attack then - prepare to die!" xD
    Actually this also happened to me the last time I ran this skirmish but didn't think to much of it. Now that you mentioned it, it is pretty weird.

Anyways, I haven't tried the switching off/on sound effects as mentioned by Lunasa. Hopefully it works but I really think the devs should still fix whatever problems this skirmish is having.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunasa View Post
    I gave this a try, but it didn't help. I tried lowering the slider all the way down, accepting, then raising it back and re-accepting. I clicked Disable Game Sounds and then re-enabling, and changing my audio driver from the menu. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Sound quits on me too, as well as in the Bruinen skirmish. Will also /bug next time I'm in.

Meeeeeeee tooooooo! Glad I finally finizhed the deed for it so I dont have to deal with this annoying bug anymore.

Amon Sul is the Weathertop, right?

If so, it seems to be a Lone-Lands-wide problem. Of course, Stand at Amon Sul is instanced, but I've had multiple times in the Lone-Lands where sound effects slowly seemed to disappear (it would begin with fewer and fewer footsteps to be heard, then no more sound from battles, etcetera), which has never happened in other areas before!

So far, it was always fixed for me by turning the master slider to 0, then back into position.

BTW, I have this same problem with sound in the instance "The Halls of Night"

same issue in Amon Sul, I will report it next time. the sound thing in the options doesnt work for me, i need to restart the client to fix it, irritating!