We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Celeborn: The time is upon us my Lady! Lead forth the army of Lothlorien and the elves of Greenwood and let us strike down the gate of Dul Goldur and lay waste to it's evil!

Galadriel: What? I'm sorry, I was thinking about ships and skipping off to Valinor. Maybe later? What about you Thranduil? You want to do it?

Thranduil: Are you kidding? I've got spiders the size of a horse sitting outside my front door. Those things give me the heebie jeebies. No thanks, I don't go outside anymore.

Celeborn: *Facepalm*

Melkor and Ungoliant: fleeing just after stealing the Silmarils.

Melkor: Why do you stop, we must be off.

Ungoliant: Your child cometh, it will not wait.

Melkor: I will stand and protect you, though all the hosts of the Valor descend upon us.

In a hole in the ground there lived a goblin. A nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, dry, bare, a sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a goblin-hole, and that means nasty.

Gandalf - "Your kind has no place in middle earth."

Sapience - "Okay. Okay. We'll call them Hobbit presents instead of slot machines. After all, it's not like we're forcing you to pull the lever."

Quote Originally Posted by Haunt123 View Post
    Sam: "Mr. Frodo, wouldn't it be great if you included in your book that guy who cleaned up our tracks, saved Eriador from the Shadows of Angmar, became a hero of Moria, Rhovanion, Rohan, etc., without whom the Shire would have been destroyed?"

Frodo: "Yes Sam, I almost forgot to give even a single mention of him!"
    I was thinking about this post while playing tonight. I laugh everytime I read it!
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    [I][FONT=comic sans ms][COLOR=#ffff00]Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check[/COLOR][/FONT][/I]

And so Isildur dropped The One Ring to the fires of Mount Doom...

Quote Originally Posted by Hult View Post
    And so Isildur dropped The One Ring to the fires of Mount Doom...

Dang, I never thought of that. ROFL!!!!!!!!!!
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    [I][FONT=comic sans ms][COLOR=#ffff00]Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check[/COLOR][/FONT][/I]

Smile

- What has it got in its pocketses?
    - Oh? Something I found lying on the ground, here you are!

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. But we could try skipping and dancing into Mordor. Worked for that Bombadil feller."

Today is a good day for Pie.

Do not meddle in the affairs of Burglars, for they are subtle and quick to shank you.

Gandalf: Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth day, at dawn look to the east

6 days later in a nearby tavern an old man lifts his head off the table. "Eomer ... Eomer.... WAKE UP!!!!! What day is it?"

WitchKing: 'Come not between the Nazgûl and his prey! Or he will not slay thee in thy turn. He will bear thee away to the houses of lamentation, beyond all darkness, where thy flesh shall be devoured, and thy shrivelled mind be left naked to the Lidless Eye."

Eowyn: "Sounds like fun, just let me get my whips and chains<wink>"

"Come to think of it, guys.. we don't REALLY need a Burglar for this quest."

Quote Originally Posted by Solofnarnia View Post
    "Come to think of it, guys.. we don't REALLY need a Burglar for this quest."

Oh my....ROFL!!!!!!!!

And many in the company said that when the Rohirrim came, each would carry a halfling warrior on his back, small maybe, but doughty.
    Pippin was very pleased to be able to confirm this hopeful tale and the resultant halfling army was capable of storming the Battle of the Pelennor so that Theoden never died and allowed a much larger army to storm mordor.
    Lore-Monkey(not a Lore Guardian) and proud of it.

Second star to the right and straight until morning... til you reach Neverland...

Wink

"In a hole in the ground there lived a ..."

"Groundhog," Tolkien spoke suddenly through clenched teeth. "Oh Bother! That reminds me! I still have that vermin in my garden. I shall have to attempt to scare the creature away. Knowing groundhogs, this could take months... years! He eyed the paper briefly, then shrugged as he returned his pen to its place. "No need to waste paper. Future generations of Ent... er, trees will thank me!" He shook his head shaking that notion of Ents from his mind. "Now where is my spade?"
    [FONT=comic sans ms][SIZE=1][COLOR=indigo][B][COLOR=#ff0000]!<3?![/COLOR][COLOR=darkorchid]Wargs Rule![/COLOR][/B][COLOR=red][B]!?<3! [/B][/COLOR][I][COLOR=#4169e1]But only because we have no playable feline races.[/COLOR][/I][/COLOR]
    [/SIZE][/FONT][RIGHT][CENTER][FONT=comic sans ms][SIZE=1][COLOR=plum]???s6u!?? 3?!?o?@? ?w ?o m3? @ 3?@ 3s3??[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][FONT=comic sans ms][SIZE=1][COLOR=plum][B][I][COLOR=magenta]*s6u!s*[/COLOR] [/I][/B][/COLOR][B][COLOR=plum]¡[/COLOR][/B][COLOR=plum]?w ?o[/COLOR][COLOR=indigo] [COLOR=red]?[/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=plum]s3!6?@M pu@ 's3ss3??s!w-3?ol 's3s?l3[/COLOR][B][COLOR=red]?[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]
    [FONT=comic sans ms][SIZE=1]
    [COLOR=royalblue][COLOR=lightblue][COLOR=magenta]Founder & Altoholic:[/COLOR] playing wargies and loremistresses since 2006 SoA beta.[/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=darkorange]*Jingle Jangle!*
    [U][COLOR=#ed2669]A "lifetime" of play on: [B]Elendilmir (RIP)[/B], Crick, Landy, & more. [/COLOR][/U][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/RIGHT]

Talking

'I will take the Ring,' he said, 'though I do not know the way.'
    Elrond raised his eyes and looked at him, then said 'Nah, you've done so much anyway! Take a break. I will appoint this job Boromir son of Denethir Captain of Gondor.'
    'Okay then,' said Frodo and the the Council left it at that.

Chapter 3
    The Ring heads to Minas Tirith

The Lord of the Donuts
    Part One
    Fellowship of the Donut

'We have just decided... that you ARE orcs.' And that was the last anyone had ever heard of Meriadoc and Peregrin.

Aw man I was going to do this one but another person did it!
    oh well i'm doing this one again:
    Bilbo is giving Frodo the mithril coat.
    'I should look - well, I don't think I should look right in it,' said Frodo.
    'You're right, you would look just terrible in it. I guess I will just keep it and throw it away when you go. It's probably worthless...' Replied Bilbo sticking it back in it's box.
    Last edited by Communityguy39; May 28 2013 at 04:15 AM.

Taken from chapter 5: The bridge of Khazad-dum
    "Ai! ai! wailed Legolas. "A Balrog! A Balrog has come!"
    Gimli stared with wide eyes. "Durins' Bane!" He cried, and letting his axe fall he covered his face.
    "A Balrog" muttered Gandalf,"Now I understand. Give me the ring Frodo, it would seem it was time I left the Company..."

Also taken from the same chapter:
    "With a terrible cry the Balrog fell forward, and its shadow plunged down and vanished. But even as it fell it swung its whip, and the thongs lashed and curled about the Wizards' knees, dragging him to the brink. He staggered and fell, grasping at the stone. "Don't just stand there you fools! Help me godamnit or I will swear I shall come back as a wight and haunt you for the rest of your days!"

Galadriel to Frodo: "I fail the test."

"Actually, no, just go ahead and license everything, including The Silmarillion. Maybe Disney will pick up the option." -JRR Tolkien

-The Gneech
    [I]Premium content since 2010.[/I]
    [url=http://www.valarguild.org]Valar Guild: Lore Monkeys and Proud of It[/url]
    [url=http://my.lotro.com/thegneech/][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0000001149ed/01005/signature.png]Honorary Shirriff Maedhroc Thornhollow[/charsig][/url]
    [url=http://www.gneech.com]Gneech.com[/url] - My writing, comics, and art.

Council of Elrond so its decided then the ring will go to gondor...

and

Boromir kills Frodo before the statues of old in Gondor, and yells "I said from the the ring will go to gondor"
    Last edited by Al.; May 28 2013 at 11:20 PM.

Bilbo: "You know Gandalf, since everyone showed up for my 111th birthday, I've decided to stay".

1) "Come Gandalf, let us seize the halflings ring and become Lords over men...."
    "Good idea Saruman, lets do that!"

2) Bilbo to Smaug: "I am the barrel rid-" And with the Smaug swallowed Bilbo whole, ring and all.

3) Ringwraith to the Gaffer: "I seeeek Bagginssssssss" "Yup, Mr. Frodo you are after, he's up the Hill here. Actually, I think I see him just behind you there...."

4) "Whats a Burrahobbit?" "I don't know, let's KILL IT!" *squash*

5) "Lady Arwen, my name is Aragorn and I think you are the fairest face I have ever seen." "Very nice, but I'm not so keen on you. I much prefer that Dwarf over there sitting by my father."

6) "I am leaving Bag-End and all of my property, including my ring, to Lobelia Sackville Baggins"

Thingol: Bring to me in your hand a Silmaril from Morgoth's crown; and then, if she will, Luthien may set her hand in yours. Then you shall have my jewel; and though the fate of Arda lie within the Silmarils, yet you shall hold me generous.

Beren: Nah, to hard, I don't like her anyway.

This one is from the movies

Saruman: You know of what I speak Gandalf, A great eye, lidless, wreathed in phlegm.
    Lore-Monkey(not a Lore Guardian) and proud of it.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast