We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hybrid View

Lines that would have changed LOTR forever...

“I made a promise, Mr Frodo. A promise! 'Don't you leave him Samwise Gamgee.' But I'm tired and going to go home. You have fun with your adventure now."

"He deserves death."
    "Deserves it! I daresay he does. Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Of course you can. And you should. In fact, let's end this vile creature right now. And let's just assume that he has no other part to play in this."

"Meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are certainly not subtle and quick to anger. In fact, they love meddling."

"Let's be hasty, that is my motto."

"Yes, I am white now," said Gandalf. "Indeed I am Saruman. I bet you didn't see that one coming! Now...about those hobbits..."

"What do you fear, lady?" he asked.
    "War," she said. "Fighting, using swords, giant spiders, horses, small spaces, hand puppets, wide open spaces, and any chance of doing great deeds."

"You cannot enter here," said Gandalf, and the huge shadow halted. "Go back to the abyss prepared for you! Go back! Fall into the nothingness that awaits you and your Master. Go!"
    The Black Rider flung back his hood, and said, "Okay. Sorry to have bothered you."

What other lines can anyone add?
    Iaralor | Riddorra | Cirnordar | Thransi | Fanion | Tarro | Otleif | Mallelleth

Boromir: "Lend me the Ring, Frodo!"
    Frodo: "Anytime mate"

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Haunt123 View Post
    Boromir: "Lend me the Ring, Frodo!"
    Frodo: "Anytime mate"

2 variations:

... Then they gasped. There was no sign of Tom disappearing!
    Tom laughed again, and then he spun the Ring in the air - and it vanished in his pocket. "Gleamy trifle" he said, "besides the water lilies it should make a fine present for my lovely Goldberry!"

"I will give you the One Ring, if you ask for it. It is too great a matter for me."
    Galadriel laughed with a sudden clear laugh. "Wise the Lady Galadriel may be," she said, "yet here she has met her match in insight. Indeed it is as you say, and great matters should be left to the great. Thus I do ask for it, and I shall not be dark, but beautiful and terrible blablabla... return to the Shire, Frodo, and be troubled no longer. Oh, and you can keep this one here I have been wearing as a reminder of our meeting, I have no further use for it. It is called Nenya."
    Last edited by Macarusca; Nov 13 2012 at 02:08 AM.

Melkor - "Actually, you know what, I kinda like this tune you've got going on right now. I certainly couldn't improve on it."

Gandalf - "Is it secret? Is it safe?!"
    Frodo - "Ah, about that. We had a clearout and, well..."
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2921d0000000484b3/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by TopGearSH View Post
    Melkor - "Actually, you know what, I kinda like this tune you've got going on right now. I certainly couldn't improve on it."
    Hahaha this made me lol (literally) +rep

Sauron: "I, as Annatar the Emissary of the Valar, shall instruct ye Noldor in the craft of Ring-making"
    Celebrimbor: "Nah I'm good."

Dwarf1: "Hey I think we're delving too deeply and being too greedy"
    Dwarf2: "Yeah, let's chill somewhere"

Boromir: "Why should we not think that the Great Ring has come into our hands to serve us in the very hour of our need.
    Elrond: You're absolutely right. Take it and go forth to victory!
    Iaralor | Riddorra | Cirnordar | Thransi | Fanion | Tarro | Otleif | Mallelleth

Quote Originally Posted by TopGearSH View Post

Gandalf - "Is it secret? Is it safe?!"
    Frodo - "Ah, about that. We had a clearout and, well..."
    I can't believe I missed this one. ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

Gandalf: I cannot let you take The Ring to Mordor, Frodo.

Frodo: Why not, Gandalf?

Gandalf: I am your father!
    Mandelbaum, 105 Champ; PeabodySherman, 100 LM, House of Mooters, Landroval
    Rembandor, 85 Champ, Penquanta Periannath, Laurelin

From another thread about a suggested "Scroll of Unbinding".

Bilbo: "Here's a pretty thing my Lad; a Mithril Shirt, and my Sword Sting, but sorry you can't have them because they're bound to me!"

Jamison looked up at Strider and laughed himself silly. "What is it?" said Strider. "Oh, it's nothing," said Jamison. Jamison patted Strider on the back and said, "it's just something Lily said, that's all." Later, Strider visited the Prancing Pony. He saw the Hobbits sneaking peaks at him and snickering. He turned around to see a big I AM AN IDIOT sign on his back.

The Nazgul at the Prancing Pony

Nazgul: "The hobbits are in here."

Nazgul: "No, those are pillows, they're hiding in the room upstairs."

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Evelwyn View Post
    Are you the one known as Strider?

No, my name is Trotter.
    A Hobbit with wooden shoes
    Landroval: Kibilturg (Watchers of Elendil); Taurunion, Erohtar (Taters and Traders)
    Crickhollow: Kibilturg (Tarciryan Knights), Zigilturg (Forever Notorious), Birnavor (The Northern Kingdom), Nuncle (Casual Wanderers)
    Visiting elsewhere as Kibilturg, Urwendil... Born and raised on Imladris

This one is from the movie.

Gandalf:Look for my coming on the sixth day. At dawn look to the east.

Upon Gandalfs arrival...
    Eomer:Gandalf, Helms Deep is burning, they are all dead.
    Gandalf:Yeah, maybe I should have made that 5 days.

Sam as he checks his equipment in Lothlorien: "You know what? Keep the rope".
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check