We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Lines that would have changed LOTR forever...

“I made a promise, Mr Frodo. A promise! 'Don't you leave him Samwise Gamgee.' But I'm tired and going to go home. You have fun with your adventure now."

"He deserves death."
    "Deserves it! I daresay he does. Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Of course you can. And you should. In fact, let's end this vile creature right now. And let's just assume that he has no other part to play in this."

"Meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are certainly not subtle and quick to anger. In fact, they love meddling."

"Let's be hasty, that is my motto."

"Yes, I am white now," said Gandalf. "Indeed I am Saruman. I bet you didn't see that one coming! Now...about those hobbits..."

"What do you fear, lady?" he asked.
    "War," she said. "Fighting, using swords, giant spiders, horses, small spaces, hand puppets, wide open spaces, and any chance of doing great deeds."

"You cannot enter here," said Gandalf, and the huge shadow halted. "Go back to the abyss prepared for you! Go back! Fall into the nothingness that awaits you and your Master. Go!"
    The Black Rider flung back his hood, and said, "Okay. Sorry to have bothered you."

What other lines can anyone add?
    Iaralor | Riddorra | Cirnordar | Thransi | Fanion | Tarro | Otleif | Mallelleth

Boromir: "Lend me the Ring, Frodo!"
    Frodo: "Anytime mate"

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Haunt123 View Post
    Boromir: "Lend me the Ring, Frodo!"
    Frodo: "Anytime mate"

2 variations:

... Then they gasped. There was no sign of Tom disappearing!
    Tom laughed again, and then he spun the Ring in the air - and it vanished in his pocket. "Gleamy trifle" he said, "besides the water lilies it should make a fine present for my lovely Goldberry!"

"I will give you the One Ring, if you ask for it. It is too great a matter for me."
    Galadriel laughed with a sudden clear laugh. "Wise the Lady Galadriel may be," she said, "yet here she has met her match in insight. Indeed it is as you say, and great matters should be left to the great. Thus I do ask for it, and I shall not be dark, but beautiful and terrible blablabla... return to the Shire, Frodo, and be troubled no longer. Oh, and you can keep this one here I have been wearing as a reminder of our meeting, I have no further use for it. It is called Nenya."
    Last edited by Macarusca; Nov 13 2012 at 02:08 AM.

Melkor - "Actually, you know what, I kinda like this tune you've got going on right now. I certainly couldn't improve on it."

Gandalf - "Is it secret? Is it safe?!"
    Frodo - "Ah, about that. We had a clearout and, well..."
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2921d0000000484b3/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by TopGearSH View Post
    Melkor - "Actually, you know what, I kinda like this tune you've got going on right now. I certainly couldn't improve on it."
    Hahaha this made me lol (literally) +rep

Sauron: "I, as Annatar the Emissary of the Valar, shall instruct ye Noldor in the craft of Ring-making"
    Celebrimbor: "Nah I'm good."

Dwarf1: "Hey I think we're delving too deeply and being too greedy"
    Dwarf2: "Yeah, let's chill somewhere"

Boromir: "Why should we not think that the Great Ring has come into our hands to serve us in the very hour of our need.
    Elrond: You're absolutely right. Take it and go forth to victory!

Bilbo: What have I got in my pocket?
    Gollum: My precious!!!

Gollum eats well that night.

In a hole in a tree there lived a Hobmunk...
    Take Care,
    D.
    [URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?496094-The-Brief-Mr.-Bako-Bongo-In-Soup-Du-Jour."]My LOTRO Comics and Fan-Fiction[/URL]

Witchking: "No woman can kill me."
    [CENTER][SIZE=1][B][I][COLOR=YellowGreen][U][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000000028da/01004/signature.png]undefined[/charsig][/U][/COLOR][/I][/B][/SIZE]
    [I][COLOR=YellowGreen]Elendilmir[/COLOR] - Palanwyn ~ Figgy ~ Eochael ~ Lamath ~ Bobble ~ Poppet ~ Rachie
    [COLOR=YellowGreen]Eldar[/COLOR] - Figgi ~ Figglez
    [COLOR=YellowGreen]Co-creator of [URL="http://forums.lotro.com/www.thefatlute.com"]The Fat Lute[/URL][/COLOR][/I]
    [/CENTER]

"Who will take the ring?"

<silence and crickets>
    [CENTER] [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000001029cf/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig][/CENTER]
    [B][COLOR=darkorange]

Purposely using proper grammar and punctuation since 1998![/COLOR][/B]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=red]Commodore64 + 8B RAM + 7MB HD + 286 + Gravis Ultrasound Midi [/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]

“Arise, arise, Riders of Théoden!
    Fell deeds awake, fire and slaughter!
    spear shall be shaken, shield be splintered,
    a sword-day, a red day, ere the sun rises!
    Ride now, ride now! Ride to Gondor!”.................... ................. Sod it lost connection!

Sorry couldnt resist!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/012030000001e299a/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

"Sorry Mr Tolkien but theres no market for this rubbish, you need to find a new publisher"
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000001019a8/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    "Of course I am the only elf in the village"

Quote Originally Posted by danmax67 View Post
    Bilbo: What have I got in my pocket?
    Gollum: My precious!!!

Gollum eats well that night.
    Naturally that reminds me of...

Stumped at last for a riddle to ask, he cried out. as his hand fell on his snub-nosed .38, "What have I got in my pocket?" This Gollum failed to answer, and growing impatient, he paddled up to Bilbo, whining, "Let me see, let me see." Bilbo obliged by pulling out the pistol and emptying it in Gollum's direction. The dark spoiled his aim, and he managed only to deflate the rubber boat, leaving Gollum to flounder. Gollum, who couldn't swim, reached out his hand to Bilbo and begged him to pull him out, and, as he did, Bilbo noticed an interesting looking ring on his finger and pulled it off. He would have finished Gollum off then and there, but pity stayed his hand. It's a pity I've run out of bullets, he thought as he went back up the tunnel, pursued by Gollum's cries of rage.

Cribbed from Bored of the Rings, of course.
    [CENTER][I][FONT=Garamond]* * *
    [/FONT][/I][FONT=Palatino Linotype]"From without the World, though all things may be forethought in music or foreshown in vision from afar, to those who enter verily into Eä each in its time shall be met at unawares as something new and unforetold."[/FONT]
    [/CENTER]

"Let's just flee to the west. It's always worked before!"
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e215000000015135/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    "And though all I see is darkness, I know that I will not flinch from my destiny."

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    Witchking: "No woman can kill me."

And when Gandalf threw thr ring into the fire, a gleaming inscription was seen, but only for a short time, as the ring melted, and Frodo screamed: "Oh you! I'll have a hard time scratching that gold from my fireplace..."
    Aiya, Eärendil Elenion Ancalima!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/27218000000252390/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Don't mind some bad english.

"Actually, let's just have the eagles drop the ring into Mount Doom. It would save a whole lot of time and be much safer!"

Frodo eyes the ring, turning it in his fingers thoughtfully. Thinking "actually..."

It was only after passing the sign, 'Welcome to Tinnudir,' that Frodo realized he was leading the Fellowship in the wrong direction.

[Fellowship] Elrond: Toss the ring into into the fire, Isildur!!!

[Fellowship] Isildur: ...

[Fellowship] Elrond: Destroy it!!!

[Fellowship] Isildur: No...

[Fellowship] Elrond: Isildur!!!

[Fellowship] Isildur: Make me...

[Fellowship] Elrond: Do it or I'll push you in with it!!!

[Fellowship] Isildur: Aww...

]Fellowship] Isildur: Mkay...

/toss

[Fellowship] Isildur: ...

[Fellowship] Isildur: I feel much better now...
    Last edited by Goribeard; Nov 19 2012 at 06:31 PM.

Frodo: "Actually Pippin that's a great idea, I could murder a pint. The road to the Golden Perch it is!"
    Sam: /sigh

Whose Precious?

Smeagol: "It's my birthday, give it to me?"
    Deagol: "No, I already gave you a present."
    Smeagol: "But, I wants it."
    Deagol: "I found it!"

Brawl ensues, but Deagol wins.

Deagol: "Haha! It's mine, it's mine!"
    Smeagol: "Fine! Keep your nasty ring then!" he says, pouting. Smeagol wanders off, muttering "Fat lot of good I hope it does you."

Borged of the Rings

3 of 3 Nanorings for the Agriculturals growing,
    7 of 7 for the Miners perpetually delving,
    9 of 9 for the Expendables unknowing,
    1 of 1 for the Borg Queen controlling,
    Within the Unicomplex, where all thrive.

One Nanoring to control them, One Nanonring to find them,
    One Nanoring to bring them all, and within Middle-earth bind them,
    Within the Unicomplex, where all thrive.

Gandalf: "Oy, Gwaihir, take this ring and drop it in Mount Doom"
    Gwaihir: "I'll get right on it mate"

The end.

Boromir: "One can simply walk into Mordor."

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast