We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hybrid View

What's with Dargnakh?

This instance appears to have gotten stupidly difficult (ie impossible).

The amout of damage the troll is now doing in T2 Challenge is bascially a guaranteed wipe. Without spoiling, the "old" tactic no longer works, and it needs a different approach.

I have no problem with that, since it makes it more interesting. What I DO have a problem with is the fact that a L75, non-scaling instance, offering 1% rewards to a level 85, is virtually impossible in T2 challenge. We ran with an 85 Guard, an 85 Minstrel and an 81 Ministrel. The best we could manage in about 8 wipes was four pillars down but wiping before the sun got the troll.

Unless this instance is actually invisibly scaling, there is no prospect whatsoever of completing T2 challenge on level, and I don't care how good a group we are talking about.

So come on Turbine. Making an instance difficult by simply giving the boss lots more morale and/or lots more DPS is just lazy, lazy, lazy design. Either throttle back the damage to a point where it is do-able, or genuinely scale it, with all the implications that has for rewards at L85. Otherwise, this is just another once-great instance consigned to the graveyard. And that particular graveyard is starting to look rather full.

Any changes to this instance are most likely bugs introduced with the release of RoR.

"This is not the bug you're looking for"
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=#008000]If it moves, kill it - Then look for more things to kill[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Tier 1 is also next to impossible, my team ran an 85 guard, 85 capt, and a 76 minstrel. The only reason we got through it was an insane number of rezzes and last stand. Our guard couldn't even make it past Dargnakh's feet once he started raging.

I noticed it too. An old player returned to lotro after 2 years, I wanted to show him the Isengard 3man instances. Hah, I was even bragging that I can solo Dargnakh... The damage of the pounding is ridiculously high (7k tick at 1st scaffold), and the warning before raging didnt change at all. So even if I am fast enough I get hit 2 times at least. I popped DC to survive at the 1st scaffold, but at the 2nd I was dead in a blink of an eye (nearly 20k unbuffed morale lvl85 warden). We gave it up after few tries.

Kiting is out of the question, positioning is not possible that way, his speed gets buffed up anyway. I have absolutely no idea how to do this now.

This must be a bug. I would appreciate if a dev could confirm that this is not working as intended.
    Last edited by MilgoEU; Nov 12 2012 at 10:48 AM.
    Tilrana 100 Lore-master // Cynra 100 Warden // Milgorin 75 Champion (neglected since RoI)
    Officer of Nine Worlds, Snowbourn

Well, doesn't look we gonna get a dev response to this.