We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    btw in the trait you say about the skill become fast remove Shadow lament, its fast...always was ;p

[Tangaar Captain R 7][Barukhazad Minstrel R 9]

Quote Originally Posted by Tangaar View Post
    btw in the trait you say about the skill become fast remove Shadow lament, its fast...always was ;p
    ^^;;;;;

Shadow's Lament was there?
    Maley Oakensage, Captain of Elendilmir

Alas Elendilmir, may you *jingle jangle* forever in the Forgotten West

Quote Originally Posted by hussar View Post
    Our healing is way too dependent in our emblems, especially pool A legacies.
    I want to touch on this one quickly. This is the biggest reason why LtC can heal halfway near what HoH can do, but if the legacies aren't there, what becomes of the Critical Cry build? Does this also weaken the non-capstone builds?

LTC: Agree that we should be encouraged to try to go 7 deep in a traitline but don't know if a 2% more damage is the way to go.
    What's a better alternative?

Even when I think that heralds sucks, I still think that they should have at least 1 trait to make it better for those that use it. So I wouldn't just eliminate both of those traits, or consolidate them in the base stats, I think that both loyalty and precise ally should just be merged in one.
    Considering that we're a group oriented class, we have absolutely no skills that matter if a herald is with us in a group. If we have zero skills, why should we have herald traits?

Given the suggested use of the skirmish system to augment heralds, if someone really wants to have an uber herald, the option is there.

There probably needs to be more adjustment there, but since the ultimates and roles are hard coded to be certain things, it removes a lot of the potential power from them.

Instead of fast skills I would like a crit multiplier.
    That grave wound trait would be like the strong voice of HoH. Better give a trait that gives +% damage to GW and CA when they are together or just a nice amount of finesse.
    Strongly considering scrapping the proposed positional damage trait and replace it with something that's +50% Damage Skills Crit Magnitude (which mirrors Relentless Optimism in HoH).

LoM: There is already an aggro tool with BoE-TS, will be better to give aggro to other skills, a trait that will give an aggro leech to RC Hots (Or hots in general) would be better.
    Wardens are the masters of agro leeches.... we need to tank differently....

Perhaps a stunbreak in LoM would be better, but how should that be worked into the class?

Fellowship brother should be legendary, if you want to consolidate one in the normal skills it should be idome.
    FB is basically mandatory, but IDoME can be lived without.

GW to give a slow (25%) and a dot regardless of CA, if both present the slow is 35%
    While this would be a pretty good PvMP change, I don't see there being much impact in PvE. I would like input from some of the more experienced PvMP captains on the board for this one.

Eliminate one pool A healing legacy, RC healing or VS healing, put the % in the base skill, and replace it with a aggro or dps legacy.
    Actually, my choices would be the overall healing improvement legacies, +Melee and Vocal skills healing.

Also the capstone in every line should unlock the respective brother skill. ie, getting the red capstone will give you blade brother, (instead of just giving you the full brother effects when you use them in someone else) unlocking the blade brother versions of inpire, TA and SoW. Off course you can always put shield/song brother in someone else, eliminating the blade brother and giving the respective shield/song skills.
    That would force all captains into running 5 deep because Blade Brother is the preferred group brother skill.

I want to move away from required legendary traitings so we have more choice and can better build for the encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by furtim View Post
    If we were to have positional damage, it should be a bonus for attacking enemies who are facing us. ^_^
    Heh, good point.

Quote Originally Posted by Almagnus1 View Post
    I want to touch on this one quickly. This is the biggest reason why LtC can heal halfway near what HoH can do, but if the legacies aren't there, what becomes of the Critical Cry build? Does this also weaken the non-capstone builds?
    If you add the 10% of VS healing for example, to the base healing stat it wouldn't really matter, my issue is that all of our healing legacies are pool a and in the emblem. That means that you have to get lucky with pool A.

What's a better alternative?
    Maybe eliminating the 5% crit chance and replace it with a +1% crit chance per red trait? That way can get up to 7%. The trade will be that a 4red will only give you 4% instead of the current 5%.

Considering that we're a group oriented class, we have absolutely no skills that matter if a herald is with us in a group. If we have zero skills, why should we have herald traits?

Given the suggested use of the skirmish system to augment heralds, if someone really wants to have an uber herald, the option is there.

There probably needs to be more adjustment there, but since the ultimates and roles are hard coded to be certain things, it removes a lot of the potential power from them.
    Because we like it or not, heralds are there in the game. Even if they suck and just causes problems in instances, soloing and in the forums, they deserve at least some attention, and 1 trait is not that much, as long as there are other 7 that are good it will not be a problem.

And agree, they need an adjustment, captains aren't a pet class but we have pets, its kinda weird. (I guess we really are jack of all trades lol)

Strongly considering scrapping the proposed positional damage trait and replace it with something that's +50% Damage Skills Crit Magnitude (which mirrors Relentless Optimism in HoH).
    I would like a trait like that but a +50% wil make our dps very RNG based. The numbers will get out of whack if we get lucky or plain suck if we don't.

Maybe +15% crit +25% dev?.

Wardens are the masters of agro leeches.... we need to tank differently....
    Perhaps a stunbreak in LoM would be better, but how should that be worked into the class?
    I think we need to tank with a little bit of everything, we already have forced taunts (GW, RC) and aggro generation skills (TS) a leech would add more to the tanking.

A stun break, maybe add it to ToN as it is or add it to Composure. Or just add it to FW (The current one, not the ones that you propose) so it can do something.

FB is basically mandatory, but IDoME can be lived without.
    That's why it still should be legendary. IDoME can be used for solo and group.

That would force all captains into running 5 deep because Blade Brother is the preferred group brother skill.

I want to move away from required legendary traitings so we have more choice and can better build for the encounter.
    I think I didn't explain myself correctly.
    Right now you only get the full effects of the brother skills if you use the respective line brother in someone else and then it mirrors it back to you.
    What I propose is that at traiting you get the mirror effect so:
    If you go LoM/HoH/LtC you get shield/song/blade brother on you at the bard. Without having to use shield/song/blade brother in someone else or in your herald.
    Of course you can always use shield/song/blade brother outside of your capstone (or with no capstone at all). In that case the automated version will dissapear and get replace by the one you choose.

So in example:
    Red Capstone with FB:
    Captain with no brother skill in someone: Captain has automatically the blade brother skills and effects.
    Captain uses blade brother in someone: Captain and the blade brother have the full effects and the rest of the fellowship the lesser
    Captain uses shield/song brother in someone: The shield/song brother person has the full effects of those skills, the blade brother dissappears from the captain and is replaced for the lesser effects of shield/song brother, the rest of the fellowship also gets the lesser effects.

Blue Capstone without FB:
    Captain with no brother skill in someone: Gets automatically the song brother skills.
    Captain uses song brother in someone: Both get the full effects of song brother.
    Captain uses blade/shield brother in someone: Captain loses the song brother effects, the person with blade/shield brother get the full effects of the blade/shield brother.

If you add the 10% of VS healing for example, to the base healing stat it wouldn't really matter, my issue is that all of our healing legacies are pool a and in the emblem. That means that you have to get lucky with pool A.
    5 major's isn't a difficult to to hit now as it once was. You just need at least one from the first three reforges, then a crystal of remembrance.

As far as points go, yes, it'd be nice to have more minors, but that's not addressing one giant design flaw....

For only two major legacies, you can improve your healing by 7.5% with no trait investment into the healing line. The overall melee and vocal skills legacies need to be dealt with, and that would work well for a scalar bonus for HoH.

Maybe eliminating the 5% crit chance and replace it with a +1% crit chance per red trait? That way can get up to 7%. The trade will be that a 4red will only give you 4% instead of the current 5%.
    That would actually work well for both the LtC [melee] and HoH [tactical] scalars.

I don't know where RoR HoH healing is compared to the other healers (would bet that it's up), so +healing may be overkill.

As far as DPS goes.... with everything else there, the +damage may be too much... there's a fine line that needs to be walked where we bring enough DPS and other stuff to be a viable DPS choice, yet not enough DPS that we are the superior DPS choice.

Fortunately our DPS is so bad that we can improve it by 50% and maybe have the best geared captains approaching the former.

Because we like it or not, heralds are there in the game. Even if they suck and just causes problems in instances, soloing and in the forums, they deserve at least some attention, and 1 trait is not that much, as long as there are other 7 that are good it will not be a problem.

And agree, they need an adjustment, captains aren't a pet class but we have pets, its kinda weird. (I guess we really are jack of all trades lol)
    Eh, I'd rather just push it all to the skirmish system. Our class isn't designed with the herald in mind, so why not embrace that fact and just design it out of our traits?

Emotional attachment to a borked mechanic isn't going to help us. Turning the herald into something that's far more flexibile (albeit, a bit more stand a lone) will help us more than sacrificing a trait for something that will likely not be traited.

I would like a trait like that but a +50% wil make our dps very RNG based. The numbers will get out of whack if we get lucky or plain suck if we don't.

Maybe +15% crit +25% dev?.
    Eh, I think it'd be fine. Most DPS cappies are going to have a melee crit chance of 25% or better.

I think we need to tank with a little bit of everything, we already have forced taunts (GW, RC) and aggro generation skills (TS) a leech would add more to the tanking.
    We can get by without a threat leech if we can produce enough threat, copy threat, and/or shred threat.

A stun break, maybe add it to ToN as it is or add it to Composure. Or just add it to FW (The current one, not the ones that you propose) so it can do something.
    That makes sense, and fits with the skill.

It would make a tanking emblem look like:
    Grave Wound Cooldown
    ToN Cooldown
    ToN Morale Cost
    MC Cooldown
    Melee Skills Healing
    SoW Effects

That's actually not a bad mix of legacies, a lot of B's so it's easy to max everything.

That's why it still should be legendary. IDoME can be used for solo and group.
    No.... that's why it should be shot.... it's like the legendary rez trait but mandatory: doing something that should be part of the skills to begin with.

I think I didn't explain myself correctly.
    Right now you only get the full effects of the brother skills if you use the respective line brother in someone else and then it mirrors it back to you.
    What I propose is that at traiting you get the mirror effect so:
    If you go LoM/HoH/LtC you get shield/song/blade brother on you at the bard. Without having to use shield/song/blade brother in someone else or in your herald.
    Of course you can always use shield/song/blade brother outside of your capstone (or with no capstone at all). In that case the automated version will dissapear and get replace by the one you choose.

So in example:
    Red Capstone with FB:
    Captain with no brother skill in someone: Captain has automatically the blade brother skills and effects.
    Captain uses blade brother in someone: Captain and the blade brother have the full effects and the rest of the fellowship the lesser
    Captain uses shield/song brother in someone: The shield/song brother person has the full effects of those skills, the blade brother dissappears from the captain and is replaced for the lesser effects of shield/song brother, the rest of the fellowship also gets the lesser effects.

Blue Capstone without FB:
    Captain with no brother skill in someone: Gets automatically the song brother skills.
    Captain uses song brother in someone: Both get the full effects of song brother.
    Captain uses blade/shield brother in someone: Captain loses the song brother effects, the person with blade/shield brother get the full effects of the blade/shield brother.
    That would be a really good improvement to all of the capstones.

While this would be a pretty good PvMP change, I don't see there being much impact in PvE. I would like input from some of the more experienced PvMP captains on the board for this one.
    Regarding the 35% slow. It would give us a competitive slow on par with reavers store bought 35% slow. I think we need that extra 10% on a ranged skill though. I would take it either way to be competative, but a ranged slow with sprint gives us an effective 35% runspeed against a -40% runspeed hindering BA. That way we have a shot at actually reaching the ba if we are surprised, otherwise we push at 25% with -40% on us, a scenario that never makes melee contact with the BA.
    Last edited by Armitas; Nov 18 2012 at 07:05 AM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/022040000000c7eb3/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Armitas View Post
    Regarding the 35% slow. It would give us a competitive slow on par with reavers store bought 35% slow. I think we need that extra 10% on a ranged skill though. I would take it either way to be competative, but a ranged slow with sprint gives us an effective 35% runspeed against a -40% runspeed hindering BA. That way we have a shot at actually reaching the ba if we are surprised, otherwise we push at 25% with -40% on us, a scenario that never makes melee contact with the BA.
    Would Threatening Shout be a good skill to put a ranged slow on? Or would Battle-Shout be a better choice?

I think battle shout. If it were on threatening shout it would be on cooldown for too long to be competitive with improved hamstring. Threatening shout would mix well with the dps rotation either.
    Last edited by Armitas; Nov 18 2012 at 05:08 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/022040000000c7eb3/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

I agree with having a ranged slow on Battle-shout to integrate it with our rotation. Right now it's totally impossible to fight a BA at all. It can be a bit aggravating to fight the ones who perma-kite and don't give a rip about having a decent match, but at the same time I feel bad for the ones who don't do it cause when you do win it's pretty much only because they let you.

I don't know about anything else in this thread, but that one I'd have to say is a definite need for cappies!
    BREGLOR · BRIFFO · ELIZA · APEY · RIFFO
    THE TEAM · GLADDEN

Is the range on Battle Shout long enough to potentially turn a BA fight in our favor?

Also, where do you think is a good place to put this ability?

Yes, I think it's good that the captain is still in a fairly close range to use it. I think having high range and big slow together is too powerful. Force us to use Make Haste to get that first one in if we have to. After all, it would only take one to be able to maintain it. And yea maybe BAs could still get away with perma-kiting sometimes if they're really sleazy but I'd rather have a balanced slow ability than an OP one and let the BAs who continue to exploit their advantage be consumed by their own greed for infamy in the end.

I think if we could actually get this, in my opinion it could just replace Improved Cutting Attack (the skill improvement- not the base skill of course!). Otherwise if some sort of sacrifice were necessary to gain this ability, it could be put as a replacement for the Command 3-set bonus, unless there's actually a considerable number of cappies that like that one!
    THE TEAM · GLADDEN

Quote Originally Posted by Erethal View Post
    Force us to use Make Haste to get that first one in if we have to. After all, it would only take one to be able to maintain it.
    -40% run speed > than +25% runspeed
    You will never make it to apply CA whether it's 25% or 35%

Yeah I find last stand extremely useless for anything but healing. It has a few special offensive uses but it only works on newbs. I'd rather we get a 3 piece we can use regularly.

Check out the new PvP hierarchy list. We have a ton of credit built up for solo development. It's time we cash it in.
    Last edited by Armitas; Nov 19 2012 at 09:16 AM.
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

What about adding the Battle-Shout slow to Renewed Voice?

That seems like an unobtrusive way to work that into the traits, and if it stacks with Cutting Attack, should help make us a bit more competitive in the 'Moors.

Edit:
    Scrapped the Positional Damage trait for a +50% Damage Skills Critical magnitude trait.

Also thinking about reworking the suggested +Healing scalar by scrapping the +Melee and Vocal Skills Healing legacies, and the existing 2 and 4 traitline bonuses to:
    2 Trait: X * +5% Outgoing Healing per HoH Trait
    4 Trait: +5% Tactical Crit Chance

A comparison of old vs new for each type of healing (ignoring the capstone):
    HoH Traits 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
    Vocal (old) 15% 25% 25% 25% 25% 25% 25%
    Vocal (proposed) 0% 10% 15% 20% 25% 30% 35%
    Melee (old) 15% 15% 15% 25% 25% 25% 25%
    Melee (proposed) 0% 10% 15% 20% 25% 30% 35%

But, what should replace those two emblem majors?
    Last edited by Almagnus1; Nov 19 2012 at 12:56 PM.

What about adding the Battle-Shout slow to Renewed Voice?
    That is an excellent Idea!
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Armitas View Post
    -40% run speed > than +25% runspeed
    You will never make it to apply CA whether it's 25% or 35%
    Sort of confused what you mean. I'm saying that, if the fight starts over a 20m range, use Make Haste to get within the 20m range of Battle-shout to apply the slow. Yes, if the BA continues to run directly away then they will probably win. If they hesitate at all or go in any other direction then we have a chance. And CA? I thought we were talking about Battle-shout.
    THE TEAM · GLADDEN

I guess I was confused by what you were saying.
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

I'm wondering how good a change of removing:
    +Vocal Skills Healing (Emblem Major Legacy)
    +Melee Skills Healing (Emblem Major Legacy)
    HoH 2 Trait Bonus (+10% Vocal Skills Healing)
    HoH 4 Trait Bonus (+10% Melee Skills Healing)

And adding:
    +Routing Cry and Threatening Shout targets (Emblem Major Legacy)
    BoE reduces SL Cooldown scalar (Emblem Major Legacy)
    HoH 2 Trait Bonus: X * +5% Outgoing Healing, where X = # of HoH traits slotted
    HoH 4 Trait Bonus: +5% Tactical Crit

would work out to be.

It'd allow us strengthen some of the other areas of the class, but we'd lose some of our healing strength across all traitings (which may not be a bad thing).
    Last edited by Almagnus1; Nov 22 2012 at 12:14 AM.

As much as I hate to suggest homogenizing of the classes, I think something that would benefit Cappys would be stances, one for each trait line.

Similar to how it works with other classes, it would let our current skills change to be more efficient. Ex: In the LtC stance, Defensive strike would give an offensive buff, Shadow's Lament doesn't generate extra threat, and Grave Wound would actually generate a, well, grave wound, not increased threat.

Like I said, I know it sounds like I'm looking at other classes and saying "OOH I WANT THAT", but with a class as varied as us, it might be a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by JabroniSlingshot View Post
    As much as I hate to suggest homogenizing of the classes, I think something that would benefit Cappys would be stances, one for each trait line.

Similar to how it works with other classes, it would let our current skills change to be more efficient. Ex: In the LtC stance, Defensive strike would give an offensive buff, Shadow's Lament doesn't generate extra threat, and Grave Wound would actually generate a, well, grave wound, not increased threat.

Like I said, I know it sounds like I'm looking at other classes and saying "OOH I WANT THAT", but with a class as varied as us, it might be a good idea.
    Why not turn the X Bros into stances?

Why not turn the X Bros into stances?
    That would be restrictive. An HoH captain may want to Blade bro the DPS... but he doesn't necessarily need whatever offensive stats a blade bro stance thing would give.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202000000363f98/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Rechart, Warden
    [url="http://platemetaljacket.blogspot.com/"]Plate Metal Jacket[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Omen_Kaizer View Post
    That would be restrictive. An HoH captain may want to Blade bro the DPS... but he doesn't necessarily need whatever offensive stats a blade bro stance thing would give.
    Agreed.

I also like the OPs idea of having the heralds being able to be modified like a skirmish soldier, even sharing some skills with them.

Rolled the above healing stuff into the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Omen_Kaizer View Post
    If the traits can push out healing, DPS, or tanking far enough in a given direction, would we really need stances?

You hit on some stuff, missed on others. I really like the Great Resolve Legendary.. as replacing the Leader of Men Legendary Capstone, or even better those stats added to the current one. Crit Defense must be addressed for Captains.

Legendary pool definitely needs a reworking, a +10% crit magnitude on Dev Blow/Shad Lament, + Threat for noble mark, Words of Courage +% healing, just some examples off the top of my head.

Positional damage? Not a chance. Instead I was thinking more of an emphasis on Crits and buffs/debuffs , i.e. When traited 4 in LtC, Devastating Blow Dev critical applies 10% incoming damage debuff for 10 sec, stacks with Revealing. When 5 traited in LtC, the capstone halves the CD on cutting attack, grave wound. Allows bleeds to stack up to 3 times. Or adjusts the CDs to allow them to stack thrice.. you get the idea. I'm just throwing &&&& at the wall and seeing what sticks, there's definitely more creative ways to increase cappy DPS.

I may be in the minority here, I'd like to see the complete removal of heralds. I'm done with the tweaks and suggestions, I want em gone. Or offer a greater variety a la LM pets. But I'm done with the half-***ed approach to them that keeps getting pushed out every time with cappy changes.
    Creeps: Fissure R-12
    Freeps: Presdas R-9, Arcteus R9, Dainsleif-1 R4

Quote Originally Posted by apb8808 View Post
    You hit on some stuff, missed on others. I really like the Great Resolve Legendary.. as replacing the Leader of Men Legendary Capstone, or even better those stats added to the current one. Crit Defense must be addressed for Captains.
    Eh, I'd rather keep it separate, as it also functions as a decent solo PvMP legendary.

Positional damage? Not a chance. Instead I was thinking more of an emphasis on Crits and buffs/debuffs , i.e. When traited 4 in LtC, Devastating Blow Dev critical applies 10% incoming damage debuff for 10 sec, stacks with Revealing. When 5 traited in LtC, the capstone halves the CD on cutting attack, grave wound. Allows bleeds to stack up to 3 times. Or adjusts the CDs to allow them to stack thrice.. you get the idea. I'm just throwing &&&& at the wall and seeing what sticks, there's definitely more creative ways to increase cappy DPS.
    Eh, I'm pretty meh on active buffing - if it's done right, it's a great boon to the class. However, if it's done wrong, we end up with yet another "THOU SHALT TRAIT THIS OR THOU SHALT NOT RAID" situation.

I like the ideas for the bleeds..... need some time to think about how that can be integrated to the class. Only real problem is Agressive Stance.

I may be in the minority here, I'd like to see the complete removal of heralds. I'm done with the tweaks and suggestions, I want em gone. Or offer a greater variety a la LM pets. But I'm done with the half-***ed approach to them that keeps getting pushed out every time with cappy changes.
    Eh, I'd rather take a compromise to absolute removal: They lose their traits, but they get integrated into the skirm system.

I wonder if they could do something to make 1-handed weapons and shields more useful*. Here's my (not completely thought out) suggestion to change the Leader of Men capstone trait:
    1. Remove "When wielding a two-handed weapon you are able to Block".
    2. Add "+30% threat from all sources when wielding a 1-handed weapon."
    3. Optionally add "+30% melee damage when wielding a 1-handed weapon." Add this for balance if 2 doesn't help enough.

This would make using a shield the best option for tanking, by allowing 1-handed weapons to produce as much threat as 2-handed weapons currently do. Leader of Men captains would still produce much less dps than LtC captains, even with this bonus, and they would produce less healing than HoH captains. Since for tanking it is best to have a dedicated tanking weapon, this shouldn't be too much of a burden for gearing.

(Off the wall suggestion: Maybe they could add these bonuses as an off-hand shield attack as an additional effect on some of our other attack skills.)

We have discussed before how Hands of Healing doesn't improve healing over the Lead the Charge traitline as much as it ought. Lead the Charge gives us our most dps, and nearly as much healing as Hands of Healing. Here's my (even less thought out) suggestion for the Hands of Healing trait:
    1. Add "+30%** Outgoing Healing when wielding a 1-handed weapon.

This would make Hands of Healing clearly the best traitline for producing heals, while not making it overpowered in the "heals + dps" equation***. We could still use a 2-handed weapon, but it would produce less healing than a 1-hander and less dps than it would in LtC. This suggestion would be slightly more onerous for gearing that the previous suggestion, because our dps weapon and healing weapon on live are nearly identical, and we would need to create 2 LIs if we wanted to switch between healing and dps.

Then again, I'm not sure I would be happy with 2-handers only viable in the LtC setup. Any thoughts?

*I'm not sure why, but I find blocking with a 2-handed weapon distasteful. We have shields already!
    **Or more than 30%. Enough to separate the two traitlines.
    ***Of course, someone would use some keyboard macro to switch between 1-handers and 2-handers for each skill use. The devs would have to safeguard against this.

Edit: Also, increase captain dps overall. C'mon!
    Last edited by dietlbomb; Dec 09 2012 at 12:48 AM.
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend. ~ Faramir

Undo the U12 class changes. The trait trees were, are, and will always be a bad idea.
    Maedhric 100 Captain, Nunion 93 Champion, Taraviel 85 Minstrel, etc...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast