We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Toxic Carapace

Quote Originally Posted by Exion_Blade View Post
    I wasn't comparing them directly in effects. You cannot, they do radically different things. I was however commenting that you are saying you cannot attack for the duration. You can. My comparison was simply for your comment (complaint) that it's unbalance because you cannot attack something for 10 - 15 seconds. There are plenty of freepside examples of this occurring. Shall we get rid of them ALL? I didn't think so.

"Toxic Carapace is the brightest most obvious thing in the game, and Toxic Carapace an icon and ...usually a weaver." ~Legit

Granted I'll give you the shieldwall thing, it's honestly easier to catch with its animation in the beginning (barring the fact that unless you're looking at the buffs and are able to see the shieldwall icon and are competent enough to notice Absorbed every single hit, you will NEVER know someone is being shieldwalled if you didn't catch the initial animation). But shield of the dunedain is much more difficult to see. Any fool with half a braincell can see Field promotion (usually because the animation says on for the FULL DURATION), It's a Black Bubble that's near impossible to miss. Shield of the dunedain is not so easy. And cant forget the fact that on some servers, captains are more sparse. Meaning we are not used to the animation and its FAR from obvious also given its duration. Oh and also barring that freeps have up to FIVE rows of "unnecessary buffs". Toxic Carapace is FAR easier to catch. IF you are competent and paying attention.
    The damage from the reflect versus damage mitigated from bubble are two seperate things, one is easy to notice while the other usually is noticed too late. When you're damaging a target even in 8-bit mode it's simple to notice that, hey you're doing double digit numbers now.

With the reflect it's difficult to catch on initially if graphics are low, because it's more than likely you have 2-3/4 DoT's on you and damage is scrolling over your head so taking further damage isn't exactly amiss.

The buff problem wasn't exclusive to a side, the new keep/OP/delving buffs all appearing on your bars is beyond silly.
    "death is nothing to us, for when we are.. death has not come. And when death has finally come, we are not"
    R7 Spider/R11 Reaver - R13/R11 Champion

Absorbing and reflecting 100% damage?

Is this Middle-Earth or Marvel ?

Quote Originally Posted by PureWorgNakh View Post
    There is no absorb effect or increase mitigation on toxic carapace; we still take 100% of the incoming damage.

Even my Signature is trolling!

Quote Originally Posted by Sezneg View Post
    There is no absorb effect or increase mitigation on toxic carapace; we still take 100% of the incoming damage.
    Factor in the 3 7K heals...same as asborb

Quote Originally Posted by Exion_Blade View Post
    Granted I'll give you the shieldwall thing, it's honestly easier to catch with its animation in the beginning (barring the fact that unless you're looking at the buffs and are able to see the shieldwall icon and are competent enough to notice Absorbed every single hit, you will NEVER know someone is being shieldwalled if you didn't catch the initial animation). But shield of the dunedain is much more difficult to see. Any fool with half a braincell can see Field promotion (usually because the animation says on for the FULL DURATION), It's a Black Bubble that's near impossible to miss. Shield of the dunedain is not so easy. And cant forget the fact that on some servers, captains are more sparse. Meaning we are not used to the animation and its FAR from obvious also given its duration. Oh and also barring that freeps have up to FIVE rows of "unnecessary buffs". Toxic Carapace is FAR easier to catch. IF you are competent and paying attention.
    Not really, whenever you see a bright yellow bubble around a target without that target having purple morale it's either Shield of the Dunedain or Wondrous Foreshadowing - regardless what it is just switch target

Quote Originally Posted by Chris91 View Post
    Not really, whenever you see a bright yellow bubble around a target without that target having purple morale it's either Shield of the Dunedain or Wondrous Foreshadowing - regardless what it is just switch target
    Really depends on the situation, sometimes it's a really good idea to DPS through the shield wall for the two-fer. It all comes down to how much healing is on the scene, and how good your disruption on said healers is (unless we're talking RK healer, in which case yeah switch immediately).

Even my Signature is trolling!

Is this Middle-Earth or Marvel ?

If you wanted godmodeing, be careful what you wish for. Any self healing class can survive TC.
    [highlight][color=black][size=2][B](•_•) Out numbered? Out gunned?
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■) Challenge Accepted[/B][/size][/color][/highlight]

Factor in the 3 7K heals...same as asborb
    1 heal requires a defeat responce...
    2nd heal is from a Melee skill, and needs 5 venom... can be B/P/E or if ur stunned just before the attack you lose all venom but not put the skill on CD or get a heal, or if the stun is just after the animation you lose all venom, put the skill on CD and gain no heal (It is not a 7k heal either)
    3rd heal is from a pet... simply kill the pet (Something to do while im OP godmodeing my Toxic)
    [URL=http://s1373.photobucket.com/user/jonnyjacko1/media/521762dc-5470-40ea-808b-aa93f4143adb_zps9a87bee2.png.html][IMG]http://i1373.photobucket.com/albums/ag400/jonnyjacko1/521762dc-5470-40ea-808b-aa93f4143adb_zps9a87bee2.png[/IMG][/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Erekos View Post
    1 heal requires a defeat responce...
    2nd heal is from a Melee skill, and needs 5 venom... can be B/P/E or if ur stunned just before the attack you lose all venom but not put the skill on CD or get a heal, or if the stun is just after the animation you lose all venom, put the skill on CD and gain no heal (It is not a 7k heal either)
    3rd heal is from a pet... simply kill the pet (Something to do while im OP godmodeing my Toxic)
    If they studied their enemy, or took time to be in their shoes, they would know this information. Instead they cry NERF with out even once understand how their enemy works.

"I cant faceroll my 1 shot rotation! QQ! NERF NERF NERF!"

That's a huntarded attitude. Bide your time, play effectively.
    [highlight][color=black][size=2][B](•_•) Out numbered? Out gunned?
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■) Challenge Accepted[/B][/size][/color][/highlight]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2