We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

tarnished crests

Do these drop from nodes? I have harvested at least 100 nodes of all kinds (wood,Ore,scholar) and have only gotten a crest from Bugud. I also see that these can't be bartered for either.
    Welleg - brandywine, Kelleg/Gelleg - Landroval
    WARNING: leveling a warden may cause you to neglect your other characters.

I've had about 4 drop from harvesting wood. I do think that there are better drops in either ore or actually farming, but it just takes patience.
    . Montras (Main - Hunter 95); Goswen (Minstrel - 95): Monntras (Captain - 21) ; Amtu (Black Arrow R8) Aa' menle nauva calen ar' ta hwesta e' ale'quenle

I've gotten 8 of them while harvesting 500 to 600 ores. it seems to be feast or famine; it took 200 ore before I got one, then I got a few rather quickly. Just keep trying.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202000000449ce1/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Sillverarrow HUNTER 85 / Silverchamp CHAMPION 85 / Sillvercap CAPTAIN 85

I've gotten 1 from wood, 1 from Bugud or Kramp, 6-7 from ore, and 1 from the box of ore you can bater from the crafting instances. This last one was a pleasant surprise

I haven't gotten any farming yet but someone in Hobbiton said they got one yesterday.

Crests of Rohan Drop Rate

Kinship Numbers:
    35 Tarnished Crests of Rohan
    12,495 Nodes
    = Approximately 1 Crest / 357 Nodes

Note that this does not include Crests from Bugud.

I think the real drop rate is better, based on anecdotal evidence in this and other threads. More data is needed.
    Last edited by DEATHKNYGHT; Nov 16 2012 at 03:08 PM.

I've probably mined about 200-250 ore deposits and earned two Tarnished Crests. They did come in fairly close succession so it may be awhile before I get another.

I got 4 the first day I started farming nodes. Rich nodes drop them the most.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420800000021802c/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Looks like the signatures are broken ... All of my craft skills are maxed.

Not a single 1

I've been mining since release. Maxed prospector prificiency. Not a single Tarnished Crest. Surely the odds of a hit should be better than that. Come on improve the drops rates a little bit. I play a little most every day. i would like to do something besides prospecting. If rates were similar to tier 7 I should have had 3 or 4 I would have thought. Tier 7 I managed a Sigil approximately every 200 pcs of raw material.

I've gotten 6 in the last two days. The rate seems to be roughly 1/200 crests to ore/wood still. Of course, that doesn't mean that you're guaranteed to get one. You can get 400 nodes with nothing, then 3 nodes in the next 100. It's the RNG. Today I got 2 in 440 wood and ore. The crafting mats just went straight up on the AH, so more money for me!

I have found they drop more frequently for me from wood nodes rather than ore nodes and rich nodes don't drop more frequently for me, but I think that's just chance.
    [CENTER][SIZE=1][B][I][COLOR=YellowGreen][U][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000000028da/01004/signature.png]undefined[/charsig][/U][/COLOR][/I][/B][/SIZE]
    [I][COLOR=YellowGreen]Elendilmir[/COLOR] - Palanwyn ~ Figgy ~ Eochael ~ Lamath ~ Bobble ~ Poppet ~ Rachie
    [COLOR=YellowGreen]Eldar[/COLOR] - Figgi ~ Figglez
    [COLOR=YellowGreen]Co-creator of [URL="http://forums.lotro.com/www.thefatlute.com"]The Fat Lute[/URL][/COLOR][/I]
    [/CENTER]

Well a hundred nodes isn't exactly much...

If anything the drop rate is higher than the one of cracked sigils, they start to feel abundand to me.
    Yesterday I found 3, ironically none of them in the crafting instance I did, but afterwards on wood and ore I collected while doing warbands and a few remaining quests. But I had also days where I found two in one crafting instance.
    In total I found about 25 crests with two characters since release, and since crafting became almost trivial with the processing recipes, I haven't even been farming as extensively as last expansion.

Also the auction house being full of them says there's no lack of supply...it's just the usual randomness that makes you feel you never find one when you need it and vice versa.
    -edit-
    btw, most of my kin mates don't seem to have problems finding crests either, and something like fair prices between friends still exists over here
    Last edited by Lynx3d; Nov 19 2012 at 09:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynx3d View Post
    Well a hundred nodes isn't exactly much...

If anything the drop rate is higher than the one of cracked sigils, they start to feel abundand to me.
    . . . and since crafting became almost trivial with the processing recipes, I haven't even been farming as extensively as last expansion. . . .
    Well Lynx3d, I'm glad for you that your drop rate is so astronomical. What server are you on?
    I'm on Windfola, and our experiences here are not good.
    My drop rate, with 3 alts since RoR started, is terrible.
    After more than 600 ore and 400 wood, I have a total of 4 Tarnished Crests.

So, just with one character, for Guild crafting of 7 pieces of armour and cloak. and 7 jewlerry, you need 14 pieces.
    Then an off-hand sword or shield, etc. .. and my main character has only 4.

Real nice, thanks Turbine, for nothing. What? Maybe you'll start selling them for real money in your Tubine Store?

I really do believe that Turbine does not care much at all about this subject, because a multitude have posted in the past about the measly drop rate of Cracked RHI Sigils, and now Tarnished Crests. But does Turbine really read any of this? I doubt it. They really do not care much. Makes me very angry.

I'm on Vanyar, and there's always some in the auction hall (counted 15 today), still consistently below 20g (despite all those saying a massive inflation is going on due to public instance farming).
    I don't count the nodes, but if you do the crafting instances regularly and care to harvest nodes you run by (we don't even have to dismount anymore...) 1000 nodes doesn't really sound that much to me.
    I simply don't think it was the intention to let everyone have plenty of crests for all possible item slots after two or three weeks of just taking what they stumble upon.
    Getting shards from rare mobs probably was harder...but maybe my impression is wrong.

And maybe they only feel abundant to me because I don't have much use for them anymore.
    The Hytbold armor is so easy to get and makes the guild stuff simply look bad, unfortunately. Also I don't see the point to replace my Draigoch cloak, although I understand not everyone had the luck/determination to get one.

The jewelry is also far from impressive if you have the limlight stuff, and there's the bartered ring that is slightly better than the guild one, and for the other ear I actually kept the crafted lvl 80 one because I like the stats much better.

Just plugging my thread:
    http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...Ore-Node-drops
    I've been keeping track of the drop rates I've gotten. Currently I've got 50 Crest drops out of 3822 nodes.

I average about 3 a day harvesting wood, I'd say my ratio is about 1 per every 60-70 nodes
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c0000001ec821/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    "To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift" - Steve Prefontaine

Quote Originally Posted by SirGandelphi View Post
    Real nice, thanks Turbine, for nothing. What? Maybe you'll start selling them for real money in your Tubine Store?

I really do believe that Turbine does not care much at all about this subject, because a multitude have posted in the past about the measly drop rate of Cracked RHI Sigils, and now Tarnished Crests. But does Turbine really read any of this? I doubt it. They really do not care much. Makes me very angry.
    Dude why are you getting angry for a rare item? If it's that easy to get then there is no point into making a rare Teal rank item. Really, either stop complaining or actually sell all those stuffs that you farmed and by one.
    I'm on windfola as will and the price ain't so high, roughly from 10g-20g.
    Of course Turbine won't care as much, it's an in-game crafting item and what's the point for them to do so? what to make the crest become an invaluable item? Basically what I'm getting from you is that you a rare item to become a common item.
    Again it is TEAL!!!!!!!!! Don't expect to get one everyday or so. If you do, then great you're lucky.

I've been prospecting a LOT of Riddermark Ore recently, to make hope tokens and to train up my Jeweller. Yesterday, I found three Crests within a half-hour of harvesting ore nodes in the Wold; the day before, I found just one in a rather long stretch of Prospecting. I haven't noticed there being an appreciable difference in the drop rate between regular and rich nodes. I think it's just the RNG doing what it does all of the time; sometimes you get lucky and score the rare drops back-to-back, other times you go a while between drops. I will say that if you keep up the harvesting of whatever node you prefer - ore, wood, or farm - you will eventually get the Crests that you need.

Oh, and I did have Erebrandir's Horseshoe equipped for all of this, just because
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c2140000000fb565/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I would say that before the last patch, I would get a crest every once in a while. I do alot of ore harvesting, and that was fine. Now, I have not been able to find ONE in over a week. I think they def changed it. I am really getting frustrated with them.

The drop rate is rubbish , these guys are just too rare its easier to get a symbol than one of these .

They're hit and miss. I farmed two sessions for about two hours each the past couple of days. I got zero one of the session and one the next. Then yesterday I got 6. I travel around on my explorer and toggling between wood and ore, and collect all those nodes. I also just recently finished a scholar alt on a separate account that I keep just west of Parth Galen. There's about 10 scholar nodes that spawn there in close proximity. I farm on my explorer and then occasionally check the other client and farm those nodes and then just afk again on that client while farming on the explorer. If you have scholar, I suggest keeping them parked at that location. Really easy to occasionally check it out if you're busy or preoccupied irl. If I'm watching the kids, cooking, doing something else other than lotro, it's still fairly easy to occasionally check the game, farm the nodes, and then come back again in about 10 minutes.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#C7CF92][img]http://i.imgur.com/9rGw1Yd.gif[/img]
    Misadventure - R14 Hunter, Fatwanda-1 - R10 Guard
    Velvetsixteen - R13 Reaver, Reported - R11 Warg, Gloriousleader - R10 WL[/COLOR]
    [/CENTER]

After 5 years of walking away from instances (and festivals) with 0 on the luck-o-meter, Turbine decided to bless me with Tarnished Crests. I think I've passed through 100 of them since RoR launch. Maybe a bit less, but I know I've been at 20 more than a few times and then crafted a bunch (or sold) and then I find them as fast as I got rid of them.

I have noticed things drop differently across servers (at least in my experience)... and I'm begining to wonder if pupulation has some effect on that (either intentionally, or passively as a result).

I've all but stopped on Bugud/Kramp since the difficulty went up and the rewards did not change. Not a fan of waiting on groups to get a banner. But node mining is extremely rewarding.

Don't forget to run the crafting instances... you don't have to contend for nodes in there and they reset daily. (being an explorer may help, as I can farm both wood and ore). If you are truly needing crests... don't pass a node, regardless of your luck, keep mining.

Unrelated... mithril flakes now drop in khazad tin and copper... Not a fan... but FYI, regardless :/

While I welcome the increased difficulty in obtaining "Shards" at Tiers 7 and 8, it is a bit of a shame that there are no (or very few) "shard-droppers" above Tier 6 (Bugud drops Crests rarely).

Perhaps each warband could have a fairly high chance of dropping one or more "Crest Fragments" depending on the warband's difficulty. For example, Hanrun might drop one fragment, Mirz four fragments etc. A metalsmith could buy a Guild recipe that allows him to bundle up a number of fragments in to a full Crest (he makes a metal lattice that binds the fragments together).