We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Question RoR Black arrow recommendations? (traits, skills, tips, etc)

Now that RoR is out i could use a few tips for my BA (rank 5). i am not 100% sure on my corruptions but i got 4 physical masterys, 1 physical miti, and somethin else. I'd like to know the best damage traits for corruptions. Also i am wondering if there are any tips on how to use my class better considering i cant seem to solo anyone usually even lower ranked freeps beat me, not sure if i just aint playin my class good, need different traits, or theres stuff other people do that i dont. So read this over please. Any recommendations are welcome, thanks in advance.
    DD - Globsnaga R9, Bubgurz R8, Freepeater R8

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/65Fa0CU.jpg[/IMG]
    Don't touch me. I'm evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharvendall View Post
    That guide is outdated in quite a few points (because of the changes in RoR and RoI), but is still a very good one to start from.

As for Corruptions, I run with HFP2, HFD2, HFP1, DFP2 and the rest are Masteries.

With the above build I have about 19.8k Morale (at rank 7), and quite decent damage output. In RoI this build was the most effective one for me (in small group and raid), making sure I won't die right off the bat.

I have been considering testing out Tactical Mitigation now in stead of HFP1 and maybe 1 or 2 Mastery. BA:s have MT against Physical classes in any case (even though it's 30s every 5 minutes), so in my opinion Physical Mitigation isn't as important.
    Negating the damage in the first place is more effective than having high Morale, if your healers are struggling. Less healing (in numbers) needed is always a good thing.
    In most cases the total damage you can output during the fight outweights what you can do before you need a rezz. More so when soloing.
    On the other hand, while in a raid, BA:s are taken in to do damage, and stacking defences might not be what's wanted the most. If your server's healers are good, then it's logical to go for "max" damage.

In the end, everything depends on your server (how good the freeps are), if you mostly solo or raid, and your personal preferences.

As for the skills, there are quite a few changes, making certain skills and class traits a lot more useful.

For example Traps now have a separate CD to Firetrap, traited Snare now gives a short runspeed buff, traited Headshot now has 50% chance to knock down (100% on critical), Keen Eye stance doesn't debuff your moving speed anymore... All these changes can be found from other threads though.
    All in all, BA:s feel a lot more complex class now to play to the max (it's still quite simple though... ;-P).

I find myself running in Keen Eye (for the increased range), and switching to Skirmisher when I need to be fighting and moving at the same time, for example when jumped by a Burg. Also setting a trap has led to quite a few Burgs being popped out of stealth before their first hit.

I know this doesn't really help you, but there just isn't enough data for anybody to state what is the best build, and which skills are the best now. And even when there is, personal preferences affect the builds more than raw data anyway.
    Bravery calls my name, in the sound of the wind in the night. My sword will drink blood, and I will fight, yes I will fight, in the Dawn of Battle!
    - Manowar, Dawn of Battle

Apart from my post above i'll share with you some personal knowledge of pew pew

Don't worry about freeps killing you, before rank 6 its pretty hard to play as a BA.
    When you get the Skirmisher stance things will get easier, with practice you will find out that you are able to solo mostly every class. And taste that satisfaction of killing a burglar who tried to jump you, but soon learned you're a real force to be reckoned with.

Movement is everything, you have to be always on the move, in raids and in solo fights. (This is after R6)
    Hindering shot should be your first skill on every melee freep, even ranged ones ofc. Drop a snare to slow down an opponent and then get to business. Run through a freep, around him and all over the place, constantly turning with your mouse and shooting. (Combination of Strong Pull, Hindering Shot, Flaming arrow, Punctured target and No you Don't) All of those can be used on the move and will be the demise of your foes. Strong pull will be your best friend
    But best if you find your own style of game play. You'll see in no time that its quite easy.

My build is this:

Corruptions: -4 phis/tact masteries and 2 health ones (T2)
    Class traits: -Enhanced Hindering shot, Snare trap, Uncanny reactions, feel the burn, Enhanced Headshot
    Racial traits: -Imposing presence , Get a grip (And one more, can't remember now)
    Legendary : -Rank 4 skin (This one is obsolete xD just cosmetic)

So that's about it i suppose. I could write more but i'm sort of tired and best if you learn for yourself

Happy hunting!
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/65Fa0CU.jpg[/IMG]
    Don't touch me. I'm evil.

Well, i've been testing out a bit around with lots of trait settings. High offence build, lots of tact mit and so on.
    But gotta say, im enjoying my ba alot quite a bit, but i'd say were on the same line as during RoI honestly, theres few brilliant improvements and things which i would of wished to be changed. Firstly, our sustained dps is bit behind from other creep dps classes, escpecially reaver(jealous!). But atleast we got amazing burst damage. Enchanced gash is amazing in every fight, escpecially against mincer, which seems to be doable fight now.

My current build is under testing;
    Corruptions: 3x mastery, DfP 2, HfP 1&2
    Race: The obvious choices(not slotting tireless warrior)
    Class: Enchanced hindering shot, feel the burn, enchanced headshot, enchanced gash, deadly aim, penetrating arrows, uncanny reactions.

So umm, thats my input. I'd appreciate if someone, perhaps bit better(doesnt require much :P) could share his tactics!