We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Cannot create character with the same name as my deleted one?

I have just returned since leaving in 2009 to discover my account and all characters have been deleted last year due to codemasters/turbine saga.

But having created a new character it wont allow me to make a character with my old in game name on my old server Evernight.

I added my old account as a friend on my new account and its still there in game? So does this mean my characters are not deleted?

I cannot remember my old username or password combination though and so cant get onto it

No characters were deleted in the migration. Your old characters still exist. They are holding tight to their names. Nobody can access the unmigrated characters. You will have to pick new names. Turbine does not have any account ownership information. The personal account information was deleted at the end of 2011 by Codemasters when they decommissioned their accounting servers per EU privacy laws.
    Last edited by Yula_the_Mighty; Nov 06 2012 at 10:43 AM.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Hi, i have the same kind of problems. So i have two question
    Why they keeped old characters data?
    There is a way to delete old characters information?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Erwiniel View Post
    Hi, i have the same kind of problems. So i have two question
    Why they keeped old characters data?
    Apparently Turbine does not see any benefit to spending dollars deleting these characters. The primary reason why company would want to delete records is to compress the database to release space. Turbine keeps all deleted characters in the database for a Premium service. Turbine charges 20 dollars to undelete a character.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erwiniel View Post
    There is a way to delete old characters information?
    No. The only method that Turbine allows for deletion of characters is for the account owner to start the game client, log into Lotro, select a world, from the character select screen issue a character delete command. Since there is no way to access these accounts, these characters can not be deleted. The same issue occurs for characters on banned accounts. Or accounts for which the Turbine user id and password are not available.
    Last edited by Yula_the_Mighty; Dec 10 2012 at 12:49 PM.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Ok thanks you for your answer

...and one more question.
    Let's say I have 2 out of available 4 characters, say "John" and "Peter" and create "John TP grinder".
    TP grinder grinds for TPs and one day is deleted by me.
    Question: can I create a toon on the same server with the name "John TP grinder" again...or should I rename like "Johny TP grinder one"?

If it's on the same account (and "subscription"), YOU deleted the character, and YOU created a new one with the same name, then yes, you should be able to use the same name again.