We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Store Virtue Costs

395TP for one Virtue?

Come on guys, if these were priced around 100TP, Im sure alot of people would be happy to buy virtues from the store.

Ive got 10 virtues virtues to pickup for my main, Id be happy to spend 1000TP on that, but not 3950TP.

They seem very overpriced to me in my opinion.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2022400000014ef61/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I feel the need to comment here because of my tirade in the horse dye thread. I think it's a fair price because it is a luxury for something you can otherwise grind out in the game. I won't dispute, however, that they may be able to make more tps if they lowered the cost - but as a consumer that's not what I'm concerned with.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/1321300000008275f/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by MaverickRFC View Post
    395TP for one Virtue?

Come on guys, if these were priced around 100TP, Im sure alot of people would be happy to buy virtues from the store.

Ive got 10 virtues virtues to pickup for my main, Id be happy to spend 1000TP on that, but not 3950TP.
    Well, you shouldn't ever be buying 10 of them. Having them in the Store is so that you have the option to pick up the last one or two virtue levels if you don't like the deeds that grant it, not so that you can skip the entire game. Personally, I think they should either increase the cost much further or better yet put in a limit so that you cannot buy more than a couple of these per character.

Making them more affordable may or may not increase their profit on these specific items, but it would damage gameplay enough to hurt their long-term prospects for profit on everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwashi View Post
    Well, you shouldn't ever be buying 10 of them. Having them in the Store is so that you have the option to pick up the last one or two virtue levels if you don't like the deeds that grant it, not so that you can skip the entire game. Personally, I think they should either increase the cost much further or better yet put in a limit so that you cannot buy more than a couple of these per character.

Making them more affordable may or may not increase their profit on these specific items, but it would damage gameplay enough to hurt their long-term prospects for profit on everything else.
    People can buy what they like in the store.

Picking up the last two virtues for the each slot would equal 10. Its not worth £40. - Which is my point.

Some people only play a few hours a night / week for various different reasons family's, jobs etc so having the option of buying things like this is good for them.

But your last point is alot of &&&&e - "but it would damage gameplay enough to hurt their long-term prospects for profit on everything else" You got any proof?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2022400000014ef61/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Picking up the last two virtues for the each slot would equal 10. Its not worth £40. - Which is my point.
    And my point was that you shouldn't be buying them all. If you like LOTRO, then play LOTRO and earn your virtues. The Store virtues are just a fallback if one particular virtue is based on deeds you don't like. (I'm actually against the idea of having virtues in the Store at all, but it wouldn't be too bad if they limited it to a couple virtue levels per character — that's a couple total, not a couple levels per virtue. I'll settle for them being expensive enough to strongly discourage buying any more than that, though I think a hard limit forbidding it would be better for the game.)

But your last point is alot of &&&&e - "but it would damage gameplay enough to hurt their long-term prospects for profit on everything else" You got any proof?
    Turbine won't make much money from LOTRO if players don't stick around to play it. The more easily people can simply buy their way to endgame, the more people will do so, spend a week or two excited at the idea of having a maxed out character, and then get bored because a maxed out character doesn't have anything to work on, so they leave to find some other game to play. There's a reason for having players earn stuff within the game — because doing so provides the primary reason for continuing to play it.