We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hytbold Dailies Not Cycling Good Enough

Can I like get a dev or someone to answer this question cause its been over 2 weeks now that I have been waiting for Eaworth to give me the Entwalk quest to finish the "Aiding the Entwash Vale" deed and yet nothing. How often do these dailies cycle? Cause it's now been 3 days in a row that I get Haycliff in Eaworth. Which is starting to become extremely annoying. Starting to think trolls of glff took over turbine and are just screwing with us and I seriously do not want to go another week having this deed in my log.

I have yet to get Langraf in Snowbourn or Haycliff in Earworth... I have been doing these everyday since October 17th.. STILL no langraf or haycliff... are they broken?

Haycliff is basically a daily on my server 3 days straight of having that quest come up. Its Entwalk that hasn't really cycled in. I think a few people on the server have done it. So I'm guessing the 1 time in the last 2-3 weeks since I hit 84 and started the dailies It has only turned up once. Turbine needs to fix this. Would of been so much better if the quest changed every certain hours. So that If you didn't get what you were looking for when the reset happened you could just wait till later and see if the quest changed. But once every day seriously blows.

I agree. I've seen the Harwick quest to mirror the mannequin all of once (and, natch, that was one of the days it was bugged out), and I still have yet to see one of the public instances from Eaworth. How is it possible for the same quests to be offered day after day? It's not like current Rohan "endgame" needs more grind...
    solien
    armor-plated since SoA alpha 3
    arkenstone: hall of fire & into the west

side question: are the random quests the same on all the servers? or is there variance from server to server on a day to day basis?
    Last edited by twittfounder; Nov 11 2012 at 04:45 PM. Reason: clarity

Quote Originally Posted by twittfounder View Post
    side question: are the random quests the same on all the servers? or is there variance from server to server on a day to day basis?
    They vary from server to server, but will be the same quest to everyone on a single server. You and I will always have the same quests available, but someone on say Brandywine could have potentially up to 12 different quests. (There's one in each town that never cycles.)

I've been looking for the Entwalk for close to 20 days now. It hasn't come up.

My longest run was Uruks in the vale which lasted for 7 days before switching.

Can these quests please be rotated sequentially, instead of randomly assigned?

Yeah, it's been about 3 weeks of logging in daily to check for Entwalk. I think it popped the day before I got to 84 and I haven't seen it. It's the last quest I have to clear 2 deeds out of my over-filled deed log.

Apparently the chances of it not popping for 3 weeks are super slim if it has a 33% chance each day. But I'm sure something must be borked. It is not fun to wait this long. Down with the randomness. Your players have never liked it, Turbine.
    [CENTER][SIZE=1][B][I][COLOR=YellowGreen][U][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000000028da/01004/signature.png]undefined[/charsig][/U][/COLOR][/I][/B][/SIZE]
    [I][COLOR=YellowGreen]Elendilmir[/COLOR] - Palanwyn ~ Figgy ~ Eochael ~ Lamath ~ Bobble ~ Poppet ~ Rachie
    [COLOR=YellowGreen]Eldar[/COLOR] - Figgi ~ Figglez
    [COLOR=YellowGreen]Co-creator of [URL="http://forums.lotro.com/www.thefatlute.com"]The Fat Lute[/URL][/COLOR][/I]
    [/CENTER]

Been looking for this same Entwalk quests for a long time now. The last two to finish my two deeds. Been the same quest there for a few days now and its been annoying trying to run there each day to see if its there only to find its the same quests that have been there all week. GRRR!

This is almost as silly as the threads about crafting crit chance. The chances we've had as long a streak without Entwalk on E are very small, but they're not 0. Patience, grasshoppers. It'll pop up. We're waiting (at least) 44 days to rebuild Hytbold anyway.

what happens if it does not pop after those 44 days then

Quote Originally Posted by tomiathon View Post
    This is almost as silly as the threads about crafting crit chance. The chances we've had as long a streak without Entwalk on E are very small, but they're not 0. Patience, grasshoppers. It'll pop up. We're waiting (at least) 44 days to rebuild Hytbold anyway.
    Going with Scruff's estimate of 20 days in a row without Entwash, we're looking at a (3/4)^20 chance that Entwalk doesn't appear once in those 20 days.

That works out to a 0.3% chance*. So yes, not zero, but not exactly in the realm of "likely" (Pratchett quotes regarding million to one chances aside).

*Apropos of nothing, this is also the generally quoted chance of getting pregnant when using oral contraceptives perfectly. Clearly the solution to our Entwalk problem on E is to collectively forget to take our birth control pills and allow the Entwalk to knock us up.
    Last edited by Lestache; Nov 13 2012 at 08:48 PM. Reason: typo

I'd rather take the cynical approach that it doesn't exist, and the deed is bugged.....

That said, these do need to cycle sequentially, not randomly.
    Maley Oakensage, Captain of Landroval

Alas Elendilmir, may you *jingle jangle* forever in the Forgotten West

Steam: Almagnus1

Quote Originally Posted by Lestache View Post
    Going with Scruff's estimate of 20 days in a row without Entwash, we're looking at a (3/4)^20 chance that Entwalk doesn't appear once in those 20 days.

That works out to a 0.3% chance*. So yes, not zero, but not exactly in the realm of "likely" (Pratchett quotes regarding million to one chances aside).

*Apropos of nothing, this is also the generally quoted chance of getting pregnant when using oral contraceptives perfectly. Clearly the solution to our Entwalk problem on E is to collectively forget to take our birth control pills and allow the Entwalk to knock us up.
    On Riddermark - none of the harwick dailies have changed in at least 7 days. that's a 1 in 3.0x10^14 chance assuming they're all supposed to refresh every day.

Broken? I think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Raro View Post
    On Riddermark - none of the harwick dailies have changed in at least 7 days. that's a 1 in 3.0x10^14 chance assuming they're all supposed to refresh every day. Broken? I think so.
    Broken - No. Impossible - No. Improbable - Yes. That's randomness for you. Entwalk just turned up for the 2nd day running on Vilya. I'm still waiting for 1 pair in Eaworth, and 1 pair + Wild Horses in Cliving and then I will have completed the 4 deeds. That is after about 1 week of running the dailies. Never underestimate the power of luck. It is unwise to question the power of The Lady.
    [COLOR=Red][B]TANSTAAFL[/B][/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by mjk47 View Post
    Broken - No. Impossible - No. Improbable - Yes.
    Broken? No? Are you absolutely sure?

If you didn't dismiss the ludicrous possibility of what you quoted (neither of the Harwick dailies changing for 7 days), you surely wouldn't be so quick to dismiss the possibility of the system being broken.

I might concede that is broken on Riddermark but not on Vilya. However that would seem to suggest that the servers were running different code, which seems unlikely. I agree that what you have observed is highly improbable, but again, it is not impossible. Remember, Sod's Law defies the rules of probability every day, and 1 in a million chances happen 9 times out of 10.

I suspect that the two quest-givers work independently, so (in Snowbourn) each has a 1 in 4 chance of producing a particular quest or pair of quests.
    Last edited by mjk47; Nov 15 2012 at 08:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scruffynerf View Post
    I've been looking for the Entwalk for close to 20 days now. It hasn't come up.

My longest run was Uruks in the vale which lasted for 7 days before switching.

Can these quests please be rotated sequentially, instead of randomly assigned?
    Agreed. It is not fun checking quests day after day to find none have cycled to the one or pair you need to complete the deed.
    It's very annoying and frustrating.

Broken - No. Impossible - No. Improbable - Yes. That's randomness for you.
    Too many "highly improbable" events happen in this game on a regular basis. The RNG is far too streaky and has been since closed beta. Regardless, people shouldn't have to wait 20+ days to complete a daily quest deed with that few variables.
    solien
    armor-plated since SoA alpha 3
    arkenstone: hall of fire & into the west

imho, they should have something in the code where if the quest doesn't pop by x time, it will appear next 100% so we wouldn't be at the mercy of this sodding RNG. I hit 84 on the 20th October and it hasn't been up since then.

Come on Turbine, help us out on Elendilmir with Entwalk, please!
    [CENTER][SIZE=1][B][I][COLOR=YellowGreen][U][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000000028da/01004/signature.png]undefined[/charsig][/U][/COLOR][/I][/B][/SIZE]
    [I][COLOR=YellowGreen]Elendilmir[/COLOR] - Palanwyn ~ Figgy ~ Eochael ~ Lamath ~ Bobble ~ Poppet ~ Rachie
    [COLOR=YellowGreen]Eldar[/COLOR] - Figgi ~ Figglez
    [COLOR=YellowGreen]Co-creator of [URL="http://forums.lotro.com/www.thefatlute.com"]The Fat Lute[/URL][/COLOR][/I]
    [/CENTER]

I agree that what you have observed is highly improbable, but again, it is not impossible.
    You seem to be misunderstanding me. I'm not talking about impossibilities here. I'm talking about a whole other possibility. The possibility of the quest picking algorithm being broken.

Would I be mistaken to assume that the possibility of the system being broken is much, much higher than 1 in 300000000000000? No, I don't think so.

Remember, Sod's Law defies the rules of probability every day, and 1 in a million chances happen 9 times out of 10.
    Remember, Sod's Law is not an actual law and is statistically irrelevant...

Quote Originally Posted by MoonwalkIntoMordor View Post
    You seem to be misunderstanding me. I'm not talking about impossibilities here. I'm talking about a whole other possibility. The possibility of the quest picking algorithm being broken.

Would I be mistaken to assume that the possibility of the system being broken is much, much higher than 1 in 300000000000000? No, I don't think so.
    You are probably right (see what I did there?), but any bug is very selective. After 10 days my character is one pair of quests away from completing all 4 deeds. Just need Sad Torech in Cliving. There are other people who have completed all 4 deeds, so it is clearly not a totally reliable bug.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonwalkIntoMordor View Post
    Remember, Sod's Law is not an actual law and is statistically irrelevant...
    Ah, but would you put money on it?

So it's been something like 2 and a half to 3 weeks now since Entwalk last appeared on Elendilmir and I finally raged a bit and decided screw it and sent a ticket in to turbine just to let them know that the quest cycling for the Hytbold dailies is starting to get aggravating. I fully expected to just have my ticket closed immediately but instead after about an hr and a half got a tell from a GM. Basically what I was told was that there was a rep prereq but that wasn't it since I have been kindred with every faction in Rohan since about a week and a half after launch. So I thought maybe he was talking about the quest in Hytbold for rebuilding it but then he said that they know of the issue in Vilya with I think Haycliff not getting cycled in. So my guess is that the way the quest rotate in is bugged. Since he did ask me to send in a bug report about it.

Red face

Entwalk quests are up today on E.

That was 30 days that I've been looking for them.

Amusingly:

"Scruffodian scored a hit with Major Ballad on the Blackroot for 213 Light damage to Morale"

oops. Run!

"The Blackroot scored a devastating hit with Melee Smite on Scruffodian for 47,547 Common damage to Morale."

What we need is someway of knowing what quests are for any given day. This would save taxiing around every NPC to find you have already done that quest.
    This I appreciate would be an absolute nightmare especially as each server is different.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast