We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

17 hrs and "Not Recognized" DMG

17 hrs of downloading...twice now...and all i get each time is this: (screenshot) http://ok.andys.at/KdL6

Frustrating. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by twistngo View Post
    17 hrs of downloading...twice now...and all i get each time is this: (screenshot) http://ok.andys.at/KdL6

Frustrating. Any ideas?
    Sorry to hear you are having problems.

Did you let the verification process run fully? It does take a long time. On the closed beta they noted that if is was not run fully it can cause issues.

Can you confirm the size of the .dmg you are trying to open to confirm it is the full download.

Also, it may be an issue with Gatekeeper if you have 10.7.5 or later or 10.8.x;

You could try adjusting the Gatekeeper settings.

System Preferences > Security & Privacy >

You may have to click the padlock and enter your admin password here. Once you do you should see the "Allow application downloaded from: - change the selection to - Anywhere"

You can also keep the settings as is and just Command and Click the DMG from Finder, should do the same trick.

I posted a link in another thread which has images and good instructions is this is not clear.

Issue with Installation in 10.7.5+/10.8.x - Possible Solution

Final thought you can try to reboot the Mac and try and make another account with Admin permissions and try opening it to see if it's a permissions issue.

GL
    Last edited by Toddlepip; Nov 02 2012 at 09:31 PM.

Got exactly the same issue. This a corrupted DMG. Maybe a problem of many resumes... I'm trying to get the file on my dedicated server and get it back on my mac without resumes. If the file is correct I can make a .torrent of it (to have better bandwidth).

Hi, I was having the same problem. I don't mean to jump in on the above user's issue but:

Could you confirm the size of the client? Mine is 15.5 GB. Could the download have restarted sometime last night?

Other than that it does not appear that Gatekeeper is the problem (i.e. in my security set-up I already have "anywhere" checked). Is there anything else that could be keeping the client as non-recognized? (my version is OS X 10.7.5, by the way)

for the record, I am just starting to dl the client today (Nov 5th) it says its 17.74GB