We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Why Weavers Are OP

So i have heard a lot of QQ from freeps regarding weavers, saying they are too OP, to much damage, and to many dots. They need to be nerfed.

Let me tell you a story of my greatest ancestor, a spider like me.

She hated light, yet craved it, and thus agreed to help Melkor poison the Two Trees. Cloaked in her Unlight, Ungoliant and Melkor came to Ezellohar, where she drained the Trees of their sap, poisoned them, and drank the Wells of Varda dry. When they arrived in Lammoth in Middle-earth, Ungoliant demanded the gems that Melkor had stolen from Formenos. She devoured them, and grew larger and darker, and she attacked Melkor when he refused to give her the Silmarils. Melkor's scream is what gave the area the name Lammoth, and when one screams, there is the voice of Melkor that echoes back.The immediate arrival of Balrogs freed Morgoth from the evil spider's webs during the Thieves' Quarrel.Driven off by the Balrogs, Ungoliant fled to Nan Dungortheb, where she bred with the Great Spiders that dwelt there, increasing the terror and power of her kind altogether. The creatures that later infested the area were her surviving offspring and descendants, including her infamous daughter, Shelob, who dwelt from the Second and Third Ages onwards on the borders of Mordor.

So my point? Look what we descended from, it only makes sense that our true power is finally revealed. Muahahahahahaha!
    "...People are starting to PvP against each other more on the forums than they do in-game..." ~Andrag ... so true buddy.

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d21601000008578b/signature.png]Misterbubbles[/charsig]

Then she ate herself.

As badass as almost eating Satan is, her greatest living descendant gets beaten up by a little rat, so that tempers the sentiment somewhat.

Quote Originally Posted by Squelcher View Post
    Then she ate herself.
    A fact that to this day still baffles me as to how exactly that works.
    [LEFT][COLOR=#ffffff]Morlenil Barkolomew Turmuz Shurz Gruubluk

Posting in white; so people can read my dismal ramblings easier.[/COLOR][/LEFT]

at least it evens when you think about wardens

Bard the Bowman friggin 1-shotted the greatest Dragon alive in the 3rd age....

(looks at Hunters)

words...

Quote Originally Posted by Lendas View Post

(looks at Hunters)

words...
    But our closest shot to being like Bard (Bard's arrow) can fear something for 7 seconds! That's OP.... right?
    RIP Milkmefondly 2014

i have a theory why they made spiders OP (reavers too). $$$$$$$$. making a class powerful all of a sudden no doubt drives the players that like to play ez mode classes to the store. in short order across most servers many a new p2w spiders and reavers pop up. no coincidence i notice less wargs at the same time. i believe it will be like this each successive update. whichever class is perceived to be somewhat underpowered in relation to other classes then there will be changes made to make them op. this way it it generally perceived as over-compensation but i see it as just plain ol compensation for turbine via the store.

Quote Originally Posted by Bond007 View Post
    But our closest shot to being like Bard (Bard's arrow) can fear something for 7 seconds! That's OP.... right?

well.... according to several high ranking professional long time creeps who have very strongly expressed their heartfelt beliefs about the Hunter class....

THAT'S ABSOLUTELY 100% SPOT ON DEAD AIM CORRECT!!!!!

perhaps not so professional long time creeps...

Quote Originally Posted by vodou View Post
    i have a theory why they made spiders OP (reavers too). $$$$$$$$. making a class powerful all of a sudden no doubt drives the players that like to play ez mode classes to the store. in short order across most servers many a new p2w spiders and reavers pop up. no coincidence i notice less wargs at the same time. i believe it will be like this each successive update. whichever class is perceived to be somewhat underpowered in relation to other classes then there will be changes made to make them op. this way it it generally perceived as over-compensation but i see it as just plain ol compensation for turbine via the store.
    thats how the warden and rune-keeper classes got started.

Quote Originally Posted by koonerboy View Post
    So i have heard a lot of QQ from freeps regarding weavers, saying they are too OP, to much damage, and to many dots. They need to be nerfed.
    you dont say really? QQ from freeps because creep classes are now OP? Remember post ROI with the uncapping of stats and the ridiculous critical hits? Remember any freeps rushing to the forums for "balance" I sure dont. Let them cry and let them whine about weavers/reavers this expansion just like it was wargs last time.

Of course group them up and balance thier raids and you'll find the freep raids extremely formidable but dont tell them that the PvE babies want to solo. Im still waiting for the QQ "I cant solo isen anymore because I have to kill 3 NPC's now THREE!!!!"

The pinnacle of course is when they flip to cry on creepside ooc, thats priceless right up there with wardens crying for a nerf on defiler flies.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorgrum View Post
    you dont say really? QQ from freeps because creep classes are now OP? Remember post ROI with the uncapping of stats and the ridiculous critical hits? Remember any freeps rushing to the forums for "balance" I sure dont. Let them cry and let them whine about weavers/reavers this expansion just like it was wargs last time.

Of course group them up and balance thier raids and you'll find the freep raids extremely formidable but dont tell them that the PvE babies want to solo. Im still waiting for the QQ "I cant solo isen anymore because I have to kill 3 NPC's now THREE!!!!"

The pinnacle of course is when they flip to cry on creepside ooc, thats priceless right up there with wardens crying for a nerf on defiler flies.
    that about sums it up.

OOOaaah they are OOOOOPPPP coz some of them can solo a warden!!!! XD

(btw i like that they are strong there is the chance of death... there is challenge.. i love it )))!!!! )

how do i get da ranged spider again? :3 Idk what trait it is.
    [url=http://www.sigcreator.com/][img]http://www.sigcreator.com/generatedsigs/685424786lotro_lotro29.png[/img][/url]

Quote Originally Posted by RunKeep3r View Post
    how do i get da ranged spider again? :3 Idk what trait it is.
    If you're referring to the ranged Spider pet then it's the Scytode Brood trait.
    [LEFT][COLOR=#ffffff]Morlenil Barkolomew Turmuz Shurz Gruubluk

Posting in white; so people can read my dismal ramblings easier.[/COLOR][/LEFT]

Luck. Pure luck, I tell you!

(looks at Hunters)
    Ohhhh, we do.

Then reach for the Bar-B-Que sauce.
    Hobbits . . .
    Now them's good eatin'!