We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Can't Get Game to Load

Running on IMAC with OS X 10.8.2. I have downloaded program LotroLauncher.dmg twice. Open it once it has been verified. I get LOTRO screen with a ring - LOTRO symbol at the bottom asking me to copy to the applications folder. I do this which takes another 30 minutes. I then try to open it from the applications folder and I get the message....THe Lord of the Rings Online is damages and can't be opened. You should move it to trash. Please not another 3 hour download just to have it say it's damaged. Is LotroLauncher.dmg the right program? I would appreciated any help that you could give me. I'm new to this Apple thing. I've been playing under bootcamp on Windows 7 but would love to get everything to the Mac side.
    Last edited by Myocardial; Nov 01 2012 at 07:20 PM.

I have the same problem . . .
    Lotro .app is damaged and can't be opened. You should move it to the Trash.

Well, spent 7+ hours downloading, then clicking on the .dmg file, waiting for the "verify" to take place.

Then after dragging the Lotro .app icon ring into the Applications folder, and waiting for that to be done copying,
    and I clicked on the Lotro Launcher icon, it says:

"The Lord of the Rings Online.app" is damaged and can't be opened. You should move it to the Trash".

What? Wonder what caused it to be damaged? Could someone at Turbine help?

Oh well. What to do now? I guess download it again, perhaps?

Geodel
    Windfola

oh, I tried starting Lotro again, but this time when the above error message came up, I clicked on the ? question-mark.
    It says this: So I did what it says, changing the Security & Privacy prefs to ANYWHERE, and it works !!

Looks like, to help us, Turbine maybe can do something so this doesn't happen? I am not fluent enough in Mac to know.

==== it says =====
    The app has been modified or damaged.
    The app’s code does not match the original code that was signed. The app has been modfied, or it may be broken or corrupted or have been tampered with. If you feel that an app has been damaged or tampered with, you should delete it by dragging it to the Trash.

Some apps and tools, such as AppleScript applications and some legacy tools, modify themselves after signing. These types of apps cannot be opened unless the Gatekeeper settings in the Security & Privacy preferences is set to “Anywhere.”

==> Open the General pane of Security & Privacy preferences

For more information about protecting your Mac from harmful software, see this help topic:

==> Protect your Mac from malware

I am having the same issues. I've downloaded the client and copied to my Applications folder 3 or 4 times now and every time I try to launch the game, it tells me the app has been damaged and I should move it to the Trash.

I'm running on a mid 2011 MacBook Pro, 10.8.2.

I'll try what the above poster has suggested and see if that works. This has been really frustrating!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0000002a0a1b/01004/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by SirGandelphi View Post
    oh, I tried starting Lotro again, but this time when the above error message came up, I clicked on the ? question-mark.
    It says this: So I did what it says, changing the Security & Privacy prefs to ANYWHERE, and it works !!

Looks like, to help us, Turbine maybe can do something so this doesn't happen? I am not fluent enough in Mac to know.

==== it says =====
    The app has been modified or damaged.
    The app’s code does not match the original code that was signed. The app has been modfied, or it may be broken or corrupted or have been tampered with. If you feel that an app has been damaged or tampered with, you should delete it by dragging it to the Trash.

Some apps and tools, such as AppleScript applications and some legacy tools, modify themselves after signing. These types of apps cannot be opened unless the Gatekeeper settings in the Security & Privacy preferences is set to “Anywhere.”

==> Open the General pane of Security & Privacy preferences

For more information about protecting your Mac from harmful software, see this help topic:

==> Protect your Mac from malware

THANKS,

It worked for me too! It's amazing what you can find when you read everything the machine tells you.

The message comes up because the LOTRO client is missing a piece of required information: the identity of the developer.

Hilarious that Turbine couldn't even bother to register with Apple as a "known developer."

Way to go!

For now, you'll have to basically turn off that aspect of your computer's security to make the LOTRO client work. I hope Turbine is in the process of fixing this with Apple right now, but I'm really not that optimistic, considering they can't even spell "Mac" correctly.