We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Question about old mylotro Blogs

I apologize if this is the wrong place to post this. I spent most of last year without internet or dealing with family health issues. I used to blog frequently on the mylotro blog and I'm trying to find out what happened to it ! I now have internet back and wanted to return to that aspect of my writing.

Thanks for your time,

Mike/Fin
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e215000000026875/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Around July of 2013, Turbine removed MyLotro and its features such as character blogs, kinship blogs, kinship rosters, character sheets, leader boards, character activity history log, lore book, maps ...

There was a several month period where we could export our blogs. You had to find a new web server to host your blogs. Import the information. Let people know where to find your new home for your writing.

There are some services that have names similar to old version. These places archive all this kind of information. I do not have a clue which of services keeps a mirror copy of Turbine's stuff. These kind of services came about to hold old device drivers and file downloads. A game company goes bankrupt. Their web site goes down. You can't get the patch files any more.

I know there is at least one that mirrors the forums. When the forum moderators delete a thread or a post. It is still available on the public web.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

3. As Yula has said, the blogs were deemed too much of a problem to maintain, sadly. One of the many threads regarding this was this one: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...community here

There are instructions there for how to make a copy of your writings to post elsewhere, though I fear it may be too late now. I hope you are still able to do though!

A few of us moved over to mymiddleearth.com, though that is a much larger site, and the blogs are only a small part of it. Sadly, most of us gave it up, I think.

If you do start up again, please leave a mention of that somewhere, maybe in the Creative Endeavors forum, so we will know to have a look!
    Last edited by Valkrist; Jan 31 2014 at 02:41 PM.

Currently running The Spirit Gauntlet, during which no fate is unimaginable...

'Legendary' Items - Tips, Tricks, and a Guide to the 'Grind' - a Legendary Items guide! (And a new Imbuing guide! and Essence guide!)

The Life and Times of Kaleigh Starshine: Curing insomnia, one reader at a time, and a proud resident of The Cottage of Pen and Play

Thanks

Thanks for your responses. I think I will find somewhere to take it up again. I was just starting a series on Middle Earth drinks and I have an itch to finish it! I will see if I can find my old ones but if not it's at least a chance to start anew!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e215000000026875/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]