We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Cappy pvp stats, etc post RoR

Hello all, pretty much just starting out in pvp, so no audacity yet.

I was wondering what stats you guys shoot for in the moors (might,vit,mitigations,crit,et c). There seems to be a big trade off between dps and Mitigations and morale. I currently have (about) 1700ish might, 1000 vit, 14k Morale, 21% crit, 60% phys mit, 48% tact mit, and 78% phys mastery.

Please let me know your thoughts (other than getting more audacity, working on it).

Thanks
    Last edited by turnus1; Nov 07 2012 at 02:50 PM.

If you go with the command set you can use the 10% inc damage to off-set a lower physical mastery. Also the OP bonus provide pretty well for this, as well as our outgoing heal rating.

I am still planning my build for the new moors, but due to the inc healing of creeps, and a significant dps boost, I feel the way to go is Mitigation, inc heal rating, and tactical crit.

Since we rely on hots for heals we need to give ourselves as much time as possible to use them. We have to staunch our morale loss enough for the hots to work. We do that through mitigation and inc heal rating (mainly through relics). Tactical crit with relentless optimism with strength from within will give you a significant increase in self healing, especially now that we have VS in red line.

^These are just my thoughts I'm a long way from testing it.
    Last edited by Armitas; Nov 02 2012 at 10:36 AM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/022040000000c7eb3/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Armitas View Post
    If you go with the command set you can use the 10% inc damage to off set a lower physical mastery. Also the OP bonus provide pretty well for this, as well as our outgoing heal rating.

I am still planning my build for the new moors, but due to the inc healing of creeps, and a significant dps boost, I feel the way to go is Mitigation, inc heal rating, and tactical crit.

Since we rely on hots for heals we need to give ourselves as much time as possible to use them. We have to staunch our morale loss enough for the hots to work. We do that through mitigation and inc heal rating (mainly through relics). Tactical crit with relentless optimism with strength from within will give you a significant increase in self healing, especially now that we have VS in red line.

^These are just my thoughts I'm a long way from testing it.
    What about replacing Relentless Optimism with Composure for a free Rallying Cry?

Composure is completely valid but if you take SfW/RO you gain 10% vocal skills healing, along with the relentless optimism value on all of your heals (RO is the strongest healing modifier). The 10% vocal heals is pretty minor but the RO can be applied on every MC tick, every VS tick, Every RC tick along with the initial ~burst. I'm less than halfway into the build I want for pvp and 1 MC crit with RO is 200 extra morale for me. Put that along our 3 hots and it can be very powerful.

Composure for me personally wouldn't work out because it would require a clicky hot swap, a clicky skill, then after RC, a clicky hot swap back. I have to have everything on a key stroke cause any stop in movement for me hurts bad. Thats just my personal deficiency. Both reavers and wargs on my server do the warg shuffle "in in turn-back", and if I don't do the freep boogie "back back in" on cue then I'm losing a free hit every time they move back. (The warg shuffle is an offensive scoop meant to push through turn and get a behind hit,)

If your built for high dps and medium mits then the hots won't work out and composure would be best because it is spike healing. However with higher mits, inc healing, and decent tactical crit I believe that the hot crits will work out to more morale over the long haul. Back in ROI relentless optimism (with a neutral like NFW) stood for mostly 80% of HOH healing. With 5r/2b you have 100% of your DPS line with 80% of your healing line.

Our two greatest strengths are heavy armor with hot heals. 5r/2b along with the stats helps focus in on those strengths and gives them time to do their job. As a side benefit if you find yourself having to heal the freeps around you then you still have a pretty strong WOC through RO.

You would have to gear around it to make it work so if composure is working for you I wouldn't change it.
    Last edited by Armitas; Nov 02 2012 at 10:33 AM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/022040000000c7eb3/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Armitas View Post
    Composure is completely valid but if you take SfW/RO you gain 10% vocal skills healing, along with the relentless optimism value on all of your heals (RO is the strongest healing modifier). The 10% vocal heals is pretty minor but the RO can be applied on every MC tick, every VS tick, Every RC tick along with the initial ~burst. I'm less than halfway into the build I want for pvp and 1 MC crit with RO is 200 extra morale for me. Put that along our 3 hots and it can be very powerful.

Composure for me personally wouldn't work out because it would require a clicky hot swap, a clicky skill, then after RC, a clicky hot swap back. I have to have everything on a key stroke cause any stop in movement for me hurts bad. Thats just my personal deficiency. Both reavers and wargs on my server do the warg shuffle "in in turn-back", and if I don't do the freep boogie "back back in" on cue then I'm losing a free hit every time they move back. (The warg shuffle is an offensive scoop meant to push through turn and get a behind hit,)

If your built for high dps and medium mits then the hots won't work out and composure would be best because it is spike healing. However with higher mits, inc healing, and decent tactical crit I believe that the hot crits will work out to more morale over the long haul. Back in ROI relentless optimism (with a neutral like NFW) stood for mostly 80% of HOH healing. With 5r/2b you have 100% of your DPS line with 80% of your healing line.

Our two greatest strengths are heavy armor with hot heals. 5r/2b along with the stats helps focus in on those strengths and gives them time to do their job. As a side benefit if you find yourself having to heal the freeps around you then you still have a pretty strong WOC through RO.

You would have to gear around it to make it work so if composure is working for you I wouldn't change it.
    Interesting, thanks for sharing. I do prioritize morale and mits in my Moors build so I'll be sure to test out this trait setup.

Below is a screenie of what RO can do for crit heals. This was in my normal dps spec, mit/tactical crit/inc healing. You can get these numbers higher, I have had 1 tic crit for 1103 morale and I could make it even higher.
    Sadly I was one crit short of a MC turkey but thats a total of 2667 morale in one MC on a 20second cd. Without RO that would be 2061 morale. Now add that kind of power along VS and RC with multiple uses due to mits and it's awesome.
    Last edited by Armitas; Nov 04 2012 at 07:11 AM.
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

Someone asked me about the gear so I will link below. Here is a list of the jewelry. The armor is command set with loyalty gloves. I wasn't quite done gearing before but I posted a more updated heal using this gear. You can go higher but I think the dps/mit/morale/crit/inc heal are all very strong atm.

Knights Platinum Stud
    Earring of the defiant
    Exquisite Great River Necklace of Morale
    2x Battle Bracelet of Eomer
    2x PvP rings
    Defensive scroll of Eomer
    Sarchol

Press "Control +" to zoom in "Control -" to zoom back out.

Last edited by Armitas; Nov 07 2012 at 07:04 AM.
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

Thanks for the posts. Armitas, that's exactly what I'm looking for. Looks like i have some more work to do other than my last two aud pieces. However i am currently working on the perseverance set (mostly because it will help pve healing) and the two piece bonus from loyalty.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000001a6e19/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Armitas covered LIs good. I like melee skills power cost though. I also have to arms on my weapon since i use it in my PvE too and i like to experiment with pets in moors a lot. And i already switch for so much...

Most general-use traits would be 5 red (expert attacks, renewed voice, routing cry, loyalty and Elendil or battle master) with 2 blues (now for wrath and strenght from within). OBs, Red cap and IDoME.

You lose loyalty if sure you wont need pets. You replace NFW with RO if you are sure you are going into short fights only.

I have 5 perseverance and 2 loyalty atm. Command will come to me later. Not playing that much atm.
    I start with 4 pers and 2 loy except against BAs and sometimes Weavers when i switch to 2nd loyalty only after using MH.

Start your fights with a more morale/mits build (bubble build) then as you get brought down find a favourable moment to switch to more dpsish/crit gear. Also try to start fights with ToN -> WC
    What i switch in almost every fight:
    Hope banner -> War banner (sometimes CF, after update always CF)
    Defiant earing -> Platinum stud
    Eomer vit neck -> ToO neck
    Eomer vit pocket -> Eomer might pocket
    Eomer might bracelet -> Easterling
    Eomer vit cloak -> Draigoch might cloak

Wargs - Shadows are not hard. Flayers are tricky. I beat most flayers on my server tho the best ones often beat me too.
    You want your NFW here although RO could do wonders. Do VS and MC every time they are up. try to keep WC on. Get some space when doing MC or terminate the animation with kick. Otherwise they will seek space more than you due to better bleeds, stay close. You must pot either power or attack duration disease, choose. A pet is viable tho i most often do not use it here. If you do do not WoC him, do just ihw and some melee heals, RC if you get it. Use him as a bubble and switch to banner when he is about to die.

Reavers - our server has many fravers and only a few good reavers. Though against r10+ ones that are good you do not have good chances. Your hope is crits, good movement when Wrath is on and between his bleeds and Impale if you can. A pet is not viable.

BAs - first of all, do not be shy to use coffee, not just against BAs but in general.
    Your choice here is bewteen archer and banner.
    Lately i did a bit better against good BAs with an archer. It is a big trade-off though.
    You lose a good amount of max morale and physical mastery.
    You gain a bit of archer's dps and all the blade-bro benefits that make big difference in times you are in melee range.
    If you use perseverance a good time to do it is after the speed debuff of the trap.
    If you manage to use Make Haste after or shortly before he uses Evade you are in a good position.

Weavers - i still win some fights due to the mid-rank weavers that did not yet learn to use all their bought skills. But a high ranked, good weaver can have its way with you. In general always kill the pet first, watch for reflect, try to stay close and use your Band of Fury clicky here. Pet is not an option if not just trying to squash a squish quick.

WLs - if you spot a squishier one try to blow it up fast with blade broed pet. Against better ones you can offer a decent fight with blade broed power herald and a very long fight with blue traits and song broed power herald.

Defilers - same as WLs for squishes, try it. If he has flies and is tough you can not do much in red traits. In blue power setup if you do well you can actually make him start running out of power much before you do. If you want to have some moments of fun suggest a no-power-pot rule against a improved fly defiler. If he doesnt know much about cappies he will say yes, trait blue and make a surprise. Against both defilers and WLs you can start with a more dpsish build and telling mark initially.

I know i probably missed a lot of things on how to fight certain creeps. Not all came to my mind now.

My opinion is we will do a bit better in U9 due to critting a bit more often and missing less.

What i would like is better pets, 5s more cutting attack slow duration, an additional way of returning power when red and petless and an additional slow on some skill with a bit longer c/d.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e2150000000775b8/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]