We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Skirmish "Bundle" prices seem to be wrong

Attention Quartermaster!
    As of today: Oct. 30, 2012, I noticed the Skirmish Bundles of "Attack and Destroy" and "Defend and Hold"
    are priced HIGHER than their individual parts. As the Skirmishes do not appear to be on sale, I am guessing
    this is an oversight due to recent adjustments in the store. Just posting as FYI.
    Last edited by Sandybux; Nov 01 2012 at 10:33 PM.

Bundled items are always discounted compared to the total cost of the items in the bundle. These bundles will typically not be on sale because of this fact.

I don't think that is what he said...he is saying that the bundle price is higher than the price of it's individual skirmishes. Since there are no sales going on, the bundle price is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by peterbutt View Post
    I don't think that is what he said...he is saying that the bundle price is higher than the price of it's individual skirmishes. Since there are no sales going on, the bundle price is wrong.
    The skirmish base prices seem to have been altered, which is probably how we wound up in this boat to begin with.

And so close to a sale too..

*ponder* They just got finished saying there were no skirmishes with the instance cluster...
    Are there perhaps skirmishes coming apart from the instance cluster?
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

These Bundle prices in relation to that recent sale was discussed in this thread:

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?482450-Skirmish-Bundle-price-check&p=6500282#post6500282

The response about Bundles already being discounted was pretty much the same. Besides the issue of the Store Sale Ad specifically relating to the Bundles, the point made here also applied during that sale - the discounted Bundle cost more than the individual pieces (4 x 277 = ) 1108 vs 1295.

The Ajokoira Clothing Bundle is on sale this week for the clothing 50% off Sale (1695 - sale 848). Here again, it is cheaper buying the 7 pieces individually (98 x 7 = ) 686 vs 848.

Bundles seem not to be handled consistently.

Last edited by Raymore; Oct 31 2012 at 07:22 PM.

Let me clarify my OP.

There are NO SALES currently on individual skirmishes or skirmish bundles.
    The prices reflected currently instore for the bundles I mentioned in my OP are HIGHER
    than the individual skirmishes for those bundles when bought seperately.

This is not rocket science. I can see several scenarios why this would be. I will mention
    2 of them here. The rest I will leave you to ponder on your own.

1. Prices were recently reduced on the individual skirmishes of those bundles and those
    person(s) that did the price change neglected to change the price of the bundles accordingly.
    This would be an oversight and that was the original purpose of my post, to bring it to light
    so the bundle prices could be adjusteded accordingly.

2. The math coding and or associated algorithyms, if such are used in this case, are not
    working correctly. If this is the case, it needs to be looked into because this could have furhter
    reaching affects on other pricing scenarios in the store.
    Last edited by Sandybux; Nov 01 2012 at 10:32 PM.

I realize there are currently no sales. My point was when there was a price reduction for the sale that was not reflected in the Bundle pricing, almost identical statements were made that Bundles are already discounted, etc., etc., etc. The point about the Ajokoira Clothing was in a similar vein as the Skirmishes. There too it seems that the regular list price on the individual items has recently dropped to 195 per rather than 295 per item (?), and the Bundle price, not being changed, is now way more expensive than the sum of their parts.

They seem to be constantly neglectful in addressing bundle pricing during Sales and when there is an actual 'list' price drop.

I also did not address the 'peculiarity' of putting the Skirmishes on sale for 277 TP each a week before they dropped the regular 'list' price on them to below that sales price.