We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

LOTRO Game Time Cards

I've been looking for some of the 60 day game time cards here in the Austin TX area to gift my niece that are usually sold at outlets such as Gamestop, Walmart, and Best Buy. None to be found within the last 30 days, outside of a 1.5hr trip to San Antonio.

Granted there could have been a run on them recently with Rohan release.

Wanted to inquire here to see if there is a possible issue with the card supplier that Turbine could shed some light on.

Thanks for the feedback.

According to Turbine they quit making Game Time Cards a long time ago. By now the supply of physical cards must be running out. It appears Turbine prefers to sell digital Game Time and Turbine Point Cards. I bet they get a lot more dollars from digital sales than physical cards that they have to pay to make. Discount in order to get companies like Gamestop to stock them.

It is always interesting to see what game company products are available in stores. I was in Publix the other day. They had WoW 60 day and Zynga cards. They had one other game - I think it was Aion Game Time card. These are all mixed with the ATT minute cards, prepaid Visa and other cards. The reason I got to looking was a Mom with a small daughter - 3 or 4 years old - spotted the Zynga card at register. Pulled it off the rack. Trying to get Mom to buy the card.

I would never occurred to me to go to Publix. Get a Game Time Card to go with my milk, cheerios and bananas.
    Last edited by Yula_the_Mighty; Oct 30 2012 at 12:04 AM.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Ah! Had missed the announcement that they stopped distributing the physical game time cards. That explains it. Thanks for the clarification, much appreciated.

Really? Dangit, i was about to ask about this.

NO VIP for me then

Hopefully they don't stop the turbine point cards also.

Is it possible to use a different card for the VIP? one of those ultimate game cards or something? something???

For those of you like me who don't have and don't want a prepaid/otherwise creditcard, try here: http://ultimategamecard.playspan.com...d-rings-online

don't know if there is one for 100$ or if you could enter five $20 to get a 100$ vip, but hey, its something. Don't like this ^^^ search LOTRO game card like i did.

EDIT:

Hope this helps:

"
    Q: Will I need more than one card for a game?

A: This is dependent upon the Game you choose to play, and the face value of the Ultimate Game Card you possess. At the present time, the face value of the Ultimate Game Card is USD $10 and $20. In Canada it is $25 Canadian dollars. If you choose any game that costs more than USD $10 ( or ) $20, you will need multiple Ultimate Game Cards to complete your purchase. Some additional dollar amounts may be available via digital delivery from the PlaySpan Marketplace. Please note that some game sites may require you to have purchased boxed software previously, or may charge for an additional fee for a software download in order to play the game.

"

^^^Was from http://ultimategamecard.playspan.com/content/faq

hope this helps, im looking into this, it might work into purchasing a VIP

VIP for me
    Last edited by -NightWhisper-; Oct 31 2012 at 10:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by -NightWhisper- View Post
    Hopefully they don't stop the turbine point cards also.
    I do not believe this are made any more.
    Quote Originally Posted by -NightWhisper- View Post
    Is it possible to use a different card for the VIP? one of those ultimate game cards or something? something???
    You can use Ultimate Gaming Cards. IIRC - It is expensive because you get one month for 20 dollars. They do not sell the standard 60 day or 360 day cards. You could check on the 60 and 360 day cards.

You are not restricted to credit cards for buying virtual Game Time or Turbine Point Cards. They are sold by Digital River which accepted a lot of different types of payment. If you go to the Lotro Store in game, you can buy your Turbine Points directly from PlaySpan (who operates the Lotro Store). Playspan accepts many types of payments.

Both of these companies allow us to us Payment services like PayPal or Clickandbuy which take many kinds of payment. You can get in to a nested system. Some effort is required to set up an online account like Clickandbuy, Paypal or Paybycash which can then be used to buy stuff from web sellers that accept their payments.

You may have to nest twice. I want to buy from Digital River, I do not have a credit card. I will set up a PayPal account. I want use cash. I set up a checking account at Wells Fargo. I will link my checking account to my PayPal account. Take 20 dollar bills to bank. Deposit in checking account. Transfer dollars electronically from my checking account to my PayPal account. Buy from Digital River from my PayPal account. Getting this set up is a hassle. I went thru this process when I started my merchant's account on Ebay so I could sell stuff. I could move dollars back and forth between my checking account and my PayPal account. Paypal makes it easy to move dollars internationally.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    I do not believe this are made any more.You can use Ultimate Gaming Cards. IIRC - It is expensive because you get one month for 20 dollars.

It cost 20$ a month with UGC?

Sorry, but ^^^ Confused me :S

EDIT: it doesn't look like it, there are 10$ UGC card's. So...

I got a game card to test... its not.... frickin... accepting...

EDIT: ok ok, i got this now, you have to hit "PaybyCash" you can't enter in the game card as a game card... yea, that makes sence
    Last edited by -NightWhisper-; Nov 01 2012 at 08:45 AM.