We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Best spots for tier 8 scholar nodes?

I've heard East Wall has some good spots for scholar nodes but I haven't been able to find any good concentration spots. Maybe 3-4 chests in that orc camp near the Argonath then another 3-4 chests in Amon Hen. Takes a while to ride back to forth between the two though. There doesn't appear to be but is there anything even remotely like the Bone Vales in terms of node density?
    [COLOR=#ff0000][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=red]Sarik - Warleader [/COLOR][COLOR=#339966][COLOR=SeaGreen]//[/COLOR] [/COLOR][COLOR=#3366ff]Jacin - Champion [COLOR=SeaGreen]//[/COLOR] [COLOR=Green]Aiden - Minstrel[/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
    [/COLOR]
    [/COLOR]

I think the East Wall is the best we'll get. I usually ride from the ruins outside Elthengels to the hill with the tower on it, then the Argonath and then Amon Hen. The Easterling Camps in the Wold are decent areas. I'm a little disappointed in the drop rates for the Tarnished Crests. They seem a bit low. I have not seen a single one drop, however people say they are easy to find.

A few thoughts;

Only my opinion but I see more responses about crafting a few weeks after a release, after folks have gotten a sense of things. And I would be very surprised if we ever see another hot spot like the Bone Vales. I don't know why there was such a huge concentration of nodes there, it was honestly a cake walk. Mind you I too would like to know of some new hot spots. Maybe the "node switch" will be opened more after a few bug fixes? I expect some more recipes to open up, the drops have been very limited so far.

I only have the first tier of 8 finished so far, and have not found a solid spot worth sitting on for more...yet
    but if I find one I will report back.

Good luck!

Assign a high priority to unlocking the daily scholar crafting instance in hytbold. You need to rebuild the library and the superior study as I recall. I think you need ally with several factions first. There are 3 scholar nodes near the stable point at parth galen. I suggest dropping by there periodically and logging and in and out at that spot.
    Last edited by Idiotvillage; Oct 29 2012 at 07:59 PM.

OK I just hit pay-dirt in the East Wall. The stable point is Parth Galen and just west of there is a flag, North Guard, Hissing Pit, South Guard. Mobs are level 77. Just south of the Dead Orc Glades.
    There are about 10 nodes that spawn pretty quickly. Best I have seen so far, Merry Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by Schmidster View Post
    OK I just hit pay-dirt in the East Wall. The stable point is Parth Galen and just west of there is a flag, North Guard, Hissing Pit, South Guard. Mobs are level 77. Just south of the Dead Orc Glades.
    There are about 10 nodes that spawn pretty quickly. Best I have seen so far, Merry Christmas!
    This is great. Thanks alot.
    [COLOR=#ff0000][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=red]Sarik - Warleader [/COLOR][COLOR=#339966][COLOR=SeaGreen]//[/COLOR] [/COLOR][COLOR=#3366ff]Jacin - Champion [COLOR=SeaGreen]//[/COLOR] [COLOR=Green]Aiden - Minstrel[/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
    [/COLOR]
    [/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by Schmidster View Post
    This and the daily repeatable crafting instance in hytbold (you need to be ally with the norcrofts and rebuild the superior study before it becomes available).

Thank you eois!
    As I am slow to level, always smelling the roses so to speak, I look forward to the Hytbold crafting instances.
    I have not even seen that area yet! But at least, until then, this might help gather a stack or so to progress the tier.

very helpful info on this thread, thanks!

Kill humanoids. The only drawback to the scholar node situation is Rohan Crests. For that part, there needs to be more nodes (or a higher crest drop rate just on scholar mats). The one spot I found was on a layer edge and it kept changing layers (even while examining the node... so I coudln't get any of them).

My first toon through was an explorer. Just from mob kills on his way to 85 I was able to max out tier 8 mastery. When my scholar started to play, he only farmed mats for the crest or for more items. This is exactly how I hit mastery in RoI as well. My explorer had hundreds of mats waiting in the shared vault by the time I logged my scholar in. I don't think they intend to provide as many scholar nodes as wood/ore simply due to the number of resources we can get from mobs.

In additon to the scholar crafting instance... we can also barter for scholar mats from the other 2 crafting instances with the barter currency from them.

Tbh mats are not the problem, its crests. Lore nodes just dont seem to have the same drop rate as ore and wood. Because Bonevales was so concentrated I think the issue was concealed. So far, despite harvesting lore from every node I find, regular runs round the Parth Galen area loop and the resource instance daily for the last 10 days I have found precisely 1 crest. Folks I know who play Explorer get one or two per day by comparison. I suspect a bug, but accept that it is within the realms of chance, but that chance is getting daily less likely!

I would agree. It may very well be the concentrations in the Bonevales that revealed so many sigils, but yes I too have found no crests, despite hundreds of nodes and stacks of texts.

Low Rate

It still seems woefully inadequate compared to wood and ore. It is like pulling teeth. Thanks for the heads up on Hytbold though. Definitely pursue that one.

Scholar artifacts in Lotro - Tier 8 locations

I recently started an overview with maps of the scholar nodes I have encountered in the regions of Middle Earth.
    Its is indisputably correct that scholar nodes in East Rohan are scarce in most regions. The only explanation I can give, is that orcs has looted most of the places, ordered by instructions of Saruman. Nevertheless, some spots can be found. The richest places are The Wold and the East Wall. Especially the ruins south of the Argonath are - more or less - bountiful, and you don't encounter lots of orcs or other nasty creatures. The other solution is to kill as many humanoids you can, since they drop regularly your most wanted Tier 8 Rohirric Texts.

On this address you will find some maps and info about tier 8 nodes:
    http://elannah.blogspot.nl/2013/02/w...lar-stuff.html
    Last edited by Elannah; Feb 16 2013 at 05:47 AM.

Thumbs up

I don't care if they're accurate, complete or whatever (NOT implying they aren't); your guides are beautiful! Thanks