We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Ancient Tomb - what waste of designer time!

Don't let the title confuse you - I LOVE THAT PLACE! It's absolutely awesome design. Thumbs up to the world designers who did this.

But now to the topic... It's also totally wasted effort, because there are only two quests inside, and nothing actually leads you there. I might be in minority, but I almost missed it. In fact I did, and only found it by accident on 3rd char I was questing on in that area. It's real shame, I could imagine a small quest chain or something.
    Love it!!
    [color=#33FFFF]Many philosophical problems are caused by such things as the simple inability to shut up.[/color]

Agreed. I had no idea it existed until I was going through my deed log and noticed I needed it to finish off a discovery deed and had to ask kinmates where it was.
    Helm's Deep Devamp killed my long time toons. Currently bouncing around between post-HD newbie alts (a warden and champ) and other games.
    Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!
    http://cruciblegaming.com

The Ancient Tomb is just a copy of the Great Barrows, nothing really new designed there

Quote Originally Posted by Ananrael View Post
    The Ancient Tomb is just a copy of the Great Barrows, nothing really new designed there
    I am sure they were heavily inspired by GB and maybe even copied most of some rooms, but generally the looks are pretty fresh.
    And those huge rooms looke absolutely epic. Plus the waterfall room.
    [color=#33FFFF]Many philosophical problems are caused by such things as the simple inability to shut up.[/color]

I didn't understand why there was a signature boss in here with no related quest attached, apart from finding his chamber (which updates at the door). There was no reason to even go near him.

Quote Originally Posted by melyjely View Post
    I didn't understand why there was a signature boss in here with no related quest attached, apart from finding his chamber (which updates at the door). There was no reason to even go near him.
    It's an elite and the exploration quest updates where it stands. Did it solo on my hunter and had to use every trick in my bag to kill it. Ok didn't need to kill it but Desperate Flight was on cooldown and didn't want it chasing me all the way out with repops as well.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Walrus View Post
    I am sure they were heavily inspired by GB and maybe even copied most of some rooms, but generally the looks are pretty fresh.
    And those huge rooms looke absolutely epic. Plus the waterfall room.
    I've seen a number of features in undead places in Rohan that look like copies of areas from Haudh Iarchith.

--W. H. Heydt

Old Used Programmer

Well the title does confuse me.
    How is content a waste? It all adds up and, as you say, is great. Maybe more will be added to it. Maybe not.
    Yes, confusing and an assumption that may or may not prove correct.

Isn't there a quest you have to finish there, sealing the gate behind that boss with some talisman fragments? I have to admit I only found out later when weeding out my autoloot screen (and I had 20 or so starterquest talisman fragments collected while only one could be transferred and used to start that quest) Also I think there is a little quest chain of discovery of that barrows, ending at killing that boss.
    Knight of Iluvatar - Gilrain. Playing LotRO since july 2007.

Miridor -85- HTR. Avine -75- LM. Emero -75- RK. Branth -75- WRD. Garnata -53- BRG.

I beg to differ. I really love these "Easter egg places/quests". I love to explore every inch of the map, so finding a place with no quest taking you there feels like some sort of reward. I do agree the tomb could hold more quests, even an entire chain of quests. But I like it to have it there

Quote Originally Posted by Miridor_eu View Post
    Isn't there a quest you have to finish there, sealing the gate behind that boss with some talisman fragments? I have to admit I only found out later when weeding out my autoloot screen (and I had 20 or so starterquest talisman fragments collected while only one could be transferred and used to start that quest) Also I think there is a little quest chain of discovery of that barrows, ending at killing that boss.
    Wrong place. You're talking about the Barrow in the Entwash Vale and it has a couple of daily repeatable quests that do culminate in tossing the Dark Relic into the nether void to seal it off.

That is NOT the Ancient Tomb.

The Ancient Tomb is a Barrow located in Norcrofts.
    There is a discovery deed that leads you there and then there is a non repeatable quest inside.
    You have to burn some tombs at the very end of the maze of tunnels.
    [IMG]https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-OOGLYqiRemk/U2TxWOwnO6I/AAAAAAAACSE/bk3MyjILFJ0/w350-h120-no/LOTRO+Forums+Sig.jpg[/IMG]

Fat, Fuzzy, & Disabled............life doesn't get any better!
    Kinship: Roxxi Manor

Maybe it's connected to the missing Norcrofts war-steed cosmetic.

Burning the tombs at the end? I thought that was the barrow in the Wold. Not the first one, the second one.

I enjoyed Byrgenstow, the big one in the Entwash Vale with the dailies, though it gave me some serious Skyrim flashbacks. The random dragon (sorry, drake) encounters elsewhere in the Vale certainly didn't hurt that impression, either.
    Cainwen Ciaphas, Captain of Crickhollow, HERO OF MIDDLE EARTH!!!
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My opinions are my own!

mmm... a cave, I wonder what is inside?!

Please lotro -- more random cool exploration things!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/062050000000aa753/01004/signature.png]Roselindea[/charsig]