We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Question Buying clothes in the LOTRO store.

I've not been inclined to buy clothing in the LOTRO store because I'm not sure how to "test fit" them to see if they look good on my character. Is there a way to preview an item before buying it?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/012030000001e7ee0/01000/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

You can just try things on in the store.
    If you click on a cosmetic you have a little button saying try on after the description =).

Thanks. I'll have to pay closer attention. =-o
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/012030000001e7ee0/01000/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Not wanting to start another thread as I'm sure Turbine will get round to my support ticket eventually (btw How long do they normally take to respond to support tickets?) I thought I'd post here seeing as it's related to this thread.
    I bought 2 sets of cosmetic clothing from the store on Sunday night seeing as they were on offer. I placed both sets in the basket, went into the basket and pressed the place order button. After about 30secs it came back with a message saying that there had been a problem with the order, so I pressed Place order again. I now have 2 sets of the same two sets of outfits (4 in total) and have been charged twice.
    I lodged a support ticket with Turbine via the web asking for the removal of the duplicates and for a refund on the points, but all I've had back from them since is an automated email asking for me to reply (with the same information that I had already entered into the web form).
    I also didn't realise that each set of outfits would take up a whole bag filling four of my available 5 bags. (Still no word on when the 6th bag will be fixed?).
    Obviously I can't carry that much gear around with me as I would have no room to collect drops so I tried putting them in my wardrobe. Unfortunately to my continuing despair this doesn't work as the wardrobe will not store identical items so only one set can be stored there. I've now had to purchase (luckily with my ample gold this time and not with more Turbine points) additional storage space in my chest to put all these items.

Just be aware when buying any clothing from the store that it will be bound to your account, so you can not sell it on or get rid of it, and a full set of clothing will take up quite a lot of storage space somewhere.
    Last edited by Grapold; Nov 01 2012 at 09:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapold View Post
    Not wanting to start another thread as I'm sure Turbine will get round to my support ticket eventually (btw How long do they normally take to respond to support tickets?) I thought I'd post here seeing as it's related to this thread.
    There was a post explaining that due to the impact of Hurricane Sandy that there may be delays in GM response and availability which may explain some delays in TS response times. You can track tickets submitted in-game;

Tracking a Support Request Ticket

It is possible to track a ticket submitted to In-Game Support. However, it is not currently possible to track a ticket submitted through support.turbine.com. All tickets are handled in the order in which they are received, and will be processed as quickly as possible....

To track or cancel a ticket that you’ve submitted to In-Game Support

1. While logged in-game, press Esc
    2. Click HELP
    3. Click ‘Track Tickets’
    source: http://support.turbine.com/ics/suppo...questionID=239

I also didn't realise that each set of outfits would take up a whole bag filling four of my available 5 bags. (Still no word on when the 6th bag will be fixed?).
    Obviously I can't carry that much gear around with me as I would have no room to collect drops so I tried putting them in my wardrobe. Unfortunately to my continuing despair this doesn't work as the wardrobe will not store identical items so only one set can be stored there. I've now had to purchase (luckily with my ample gold this time and not with more Turbine points) additional storage space in my chest to put all these items.

Just be aware when buying any clothing from the store that it will be bound to your account, so you can not sell it on or get rid of it, and a full set of clothing will take up quite storage space somewhere.
    I'm not sure what outfit you brought, but normally it will consist of up to 6 items (helm, shoulders, chest, gloves, leggings, feet) so not sure why one outfit will fill a 15 slot pack?

Everything you buy from the store is either character or account bound as is indicated as such in the Store.

The 6th Bag should be available with patch 8.1. No date given yet this this yet.
    source: http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...66#post6496566

It's unfortunate that occasionally the Store can lag and cause such a situation. I'm sure they will get back to you soon. You can update your ticket or call them direct to follow up.