We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: final straw

Quote Originally Posted by Bombadil411 View Post
    Agreed, though I do personally think it was a little ignorant of Turbine not to give freeps a free exchange for 85 gear if they had it at 75. If crepes got full audacity for being 85, why didn't the freeps? Even if audacity isn't as useful now, it's still a reasonable question to ask.
    Except the Creeps didn't get full Audacity for turning 85. They got a discounted buy on the 1st 7 tiers, which are now roughly equivalent to the old Audacity Tier 3.

Though, I do agree that a "10% discount" for trading up gear was pretty cheesy. If not a straight exchange, they should have made it closer to, say, 50%. But, then, they should also have lowered the second 7 tiers from 6000 for each for the Creeps too.

Sad thing is that the Freeps still pay less for their full Audacity and get more for the commendations with the armor boosts.
    Hobbits . . .
    Now them's good eatin'!

Quote Originally Posted by l4j View Post
    Sad thing is that the Freeps still pay less for their full Audacity and get more for the commendations with the armor boosts.
    The armor sets actually reduce overall stats in comparison to sets available in pve.

Sad thing is that most creeps are misinformed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontdazemebro View Post
    The armor sets actually reduce overall stats in comparison to sets available in pve.

you are not wrong there but that only applies only on the armour sets
    When the instances come the new items will be scaled to the new standards.A minstrel on solo for example with 12,9k In WS is beyond imagination.Dont get me wrong i dont say that to QQ for it or getting nerfed its just that new jewls are epic already

Man i cant wait to see the 8.1 creep nerfs incoming..

[Tangaar Captain R 7][Barukhazad Minstrel R 9]

I don't get it creeps are OP and wiping the poor freeps ?

Please check the all worlds stats before so much whining
    look here if you want http://www.surugi.com/lotrostats/ind...ar=2012&rank=5

this figures are for last week 4th to 10th November,
    which classes had the highest average renown / infamy gain ?
    these are averages for all players in every single worlds figure for rank 5 and above only

1/ Loremaster average 7,497
    2/ Runekeeper 6,572
    3/ burglar 6,212
    4/ warden 6,074
    5/ Weaver 5,975
    6/ champions 5,783
    7/ Hunters 5,544
    8/ captains 5,470
    9/ defilers 5,361
    10/ minstrels 5,338
    11/ warleaders 5,212
    12/ reavers 5,200
    13/ guardians 5,119
    14/ blackarrows 4,762
    15/ wargs 3,988

So unfair freeps advantage ?
    I dont think so, as freeps are coming back to moors in numbers we see them getting on top of the list again,
    yes LMs and RKs are having a blast with their big range AOEs and RKs are still better tanks then guardians if they gear for it as will all now seeing these top dogs RKs going in the front lines to draw the hordes ire
    if anyone can complain, it will be the poor wargs LOL,
    but serve them right running away like cowards instead of fighting it to the death (that's an average stat so don't think you are concerned guys)

So thanks turbine for a good expansion making it an even fight where all class can compete and at last healers on creep side can start to level their alts

Quote Originally Posted by l4j View Post
    Except the Creeps didn't get full Audacity for turning 85. They got a discounted buy on the 1st 7 tiers, which are now roughly equivalent to the old Audacity Tier 3.
    Ah, my apologies.
    [center][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c0000001aff13/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by Holdstone View Post
    I don't get it creeps are OP and wiping the poor freeps ?

Please check the all worlds stats before so much whining
    look here if you want http://www.surugi.com/lotrostats/ind...ar=2012&rank=5

this figures are for last week 4th to 10th November,
    which classes had the highest average renown / infamy gain ?
    these are averages for all players in every single worlds figure for rank 5 and above only

1/ Loremaster average 7,497
    2/ Runekeeper 6,572
    3/ burglar 6,212
    4/ warden 6,074
    5/ Weaver 5,975
    6/ champions 5,783
    7/ Hunters 5,544
    8/ captains 5,470
    9/ defilers 5,361
    10/ minstrels 5,338
    11/ warleaders 5,212
    12/ reavers 5,200
    13/ guardians 5,119
    14/ blackarrows 4,762
    15/ wargs 3,988

So unfair freeps advantage ?
    I dont think so, as freeps are coming back to moors in numbers we see them getting on top of the list again,
    yes LMs and RKs are having a blast with their big range AOEs and RKs are still better tanks then guardians if they gear for it as will all now seeing these top dogs RKs going in the front lines to draw the hordes ire
    if anyone can complain, it will be the poor wargs LOL,
    but serve them right running away like cowards instead of fighting it to the death (that's an average stat so don't think you are concerned guys)

So thanks turbine for a good expansion making it an even fight where all class can compete and at last healers on creep side can start to level their alts
    Lol look at the Guardians, with the MASSIVE dps boost they still struggling, hate to be one of those... oh wait...
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420b00000002b13d/01001/signature.png]Kobane[/charsig]

Kobane Hammerstone High Warden of the Grey Mountains

I'm beginning to think Witch0King still thinks it's RoI, where creeps are severely UP. Creep healing has gone up incredibly, freep healing more or less is the same (just 10 levels higher).

The problem with creep side is they have tons of numbers, which was always an advantage to their cause, but now with Rohan and the buffs creep side has received, those tons of numbers in combination with buffs has severely skewed the moors balance. I mean, have you seen warg, reaver and BA damage? Shoot, I had a BA 3 shot my 10k morale r10 audacity champion, it was pretty badass (3k VT, 1.5k penetrating shot, 4k revenge). And creep healing? Shoot someone wrote previously they could heal 9k with some skill every 45 seconds to a minute, and a defiler is impossible to kill solo or even duo sometimes if it's a good defiler. Some creep players have instinctively let turbine have them believe they truly are the underpowered side, and with this new expansion, refuse to believe they have an upper hand.

Overall, I'm unhappy with the changes, but we can't do anything about it. So let's just try and adjust to these changes as best we can.

Quote Originally Posted by Penionn View Post
    Creep healing has gone up incredibly.
    Nope. The healing output is the same BUT we can crit to a higher magnitude sometimes.

The problem with creep side is they have tons of numbers, which was always an advantage to their cause, but now with Rohan and the buffs creep side has received, those tons of numbers in combination with buffs has severely skewed the moors balance.
    I agree with you here, but i would say its gonna be true only on the short term. When Freeps will be back in numbers in the Moors the balance will be pretty even

And creep healing? Shoot someone wrote previously they could heal 9k with some skill every 45 seconds to a minute, and a defiler is impossible to kill solo or even duo sometimes if it's a good defiler. Some creep players have instinctively let turbine have them believe they truly are the underpowered side, and with this new expansion, refuse to believe they have an upper hand.
    The 9k heal is a rare crit that can happen each blue moon. Dont get over excited about it. And defilers can be killed by a solo DPS class if he know what hes doing. Ill grant you that other class will have a hard time downing a defiler with this expension.

Overall, I'm unhappy with the changes, but we can't do anything about it.
    I agree with you here. I personnaly prefer the Freeps to be SLIGHTLY OP compared to Creeps, since we usually have the number advantage. This tend to balance things out. But RoI Moors was absurdly one sided toward Freeps and i wont miss this era.
    Last edited by whitefox1313; Nov 10 2012 at 09:52 AM.
    Chieftain Biohazaard - Rank 12 Defiler
    The Witch Kings Seventh Legion - Brandywine

Quote Originally Posted by whitefox1313 View Post

I agree with you here, but i would say its gonna be true only on the short term. When Freeps will be back in numbers in the Moors the balance will be pretty even
    I'm curious when people think that will be, another week? month? 3 months? 6?

I personally don't think the casual pvp'er will be back until they've tired of the update that will be out after the instance cluster, similar to the content drought that we got after Great River was released. And I honestly think, that with the changes, they won't come out unless they think they have a chance, i.e. large enough freep numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Namesse View Post
    I'm curious when people think that will be, another week? month? 3 months? 6?

I personally don't think the casual pvp'er will be back until they've tired of the update that will be out after the instance cluster, similar to the content drought that we got after Great River was released. And I honestly think, that with the changes, they won't come out unless they think they have a chance, i.e. large enough freep numbers.
    I dont know on which server you are playing, but on Landroval they are already back. This SS is showing a Raid vs Raid action yesterday at GV. It was 24 against 18 Freeps but more freeps showed a bit later, raising their number to 26 (according to tracking).

Man, it was the best RvR action since late SoA days, with non-stop fighting back and forth between GV and Bears Valley (Ancient LC HotSpot) with both side pushing and retreating all the time. At one point, i stayed incombat for over 30 minutes.

Chieftain Biohazaard - Rank 12 Defiler
    The Witch Kings Seventh Legion - Brandywine

Just get rid of the stupid mechanics like OP buffs and relic buffs, make a new pvp map for actual NEW scenery, maybe even a new creep class, and I'd prob def resub when The Hobbit comes out.
    Ewoc EMAY of the "Lonely Mountain" , Izergz Reaver
    OP RoI Hunter Build:
    http://i414.photobucket.com/albums/p...nShot00071.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Grimphore View Post
    Just get rid of the stupid mechanics like OP buffs and relic buffs, make a new pvp map for actual NEW scenery, maybe even a new creep class, and I'd prob def resub when The Hobbit comes out.
    I still don't understand why people seem to think a new map would be the answer when before they added the objectives FORCING people to move around and take them, the players barely used the map they had before. A simple map isn't the solution because people will still tend to go to one location to find action on both sides.

I get the idea of new scenery but frankly, all I'd been staring at was OC/EC and TA so I'm happy with the new scenery I'm seeing already.
    Amestoplease, Rk
    Ambusher, Warg

I don't know about the other servers but in Nimrodel almost all the freeps have max Aud and the jewelry in skirmish that they wanted and 2nd ages. Still get our a$$es handed out to us. The only thing you see on Nimrodel now are Def/WL/Spider/BA group(12 - 15) to get our attention, while a warg pack (5 - 12) take out our healers. There isn't that many freeps that do actually play in Nim, in ROI there was a good 50ish thru the week and right now a few weeks into RoR theres only about 25ish theu the week and the highest # of freeps out at the same time is 12 on a very good day with open raid and a good leader.

Yet there is always a warg pack of 5 - 12 everytime 3+ freeps leave GV and around 12+ creeps thru the map waiting for them in any location with another 10 in grams waiting for freeps to be called out. Some freeps are starting to decide to move to Elen or the bigger servers to see if PvP gets better and others are just trying out other games. In Nimrodel Lugz and TA are yet to have even been close to getting flipped since RoR and DG has even been close to losing the relic. There's just to of an unfair advantage right now. Instance clusters from RoR wont help since people will still be using the Moors armor and only jewelry would help but it wont help that much.
    I'm a human manifestation of all 7 Cardinal Sins.
    Giovy (Captain Main) /Giiovy (Mini Sub Main) - Last Stand of Olorin(PvP/PvE Kin) - Brandywine (Main)
    Giovy (Captain Main) /Zuheiry (LM Sub Main) - Exceptional(PvE T2c Raid Kin) - Nimrodel

Quote Originally Posted by Ames View Post
    I still don't understand why people seem to think a new map would be the answer when before they added the objectives FORCING people to move around and take them, the players barely used the map they had before. A simple map isn't the solution because people will still tend to go to one location to find action on both sides.

I get the idea of new scenery but frankly, all I'd been staring at was OC/EC and TA so I'm happy with the new scenery I'm seeing already.
    I'm not saying it's an answer, but it would be nice, considering they promised this 2 years ago and have yet to uphold such. It's the principle of things and epitomizes Turbine's disloyalty to their customers by saying things and not delivering. You're happy with Turbine not upholding their promises? I certainly am not.
    OP RoI Hunter Build:

first off, i agree with Izerg and his discription and opinion of Turbine.

moving on to the point of this post,

Endless Freep QQ?
    (i was going to use a differant one here, but the QQ is so bad i had to turn to this pic.)

Unhappy OP buffs

the OP buffs are kinda well OP lol ;D but i mean relly over 12 k is a little extreme but im still able to have good groups with good leaders its harder if its a red map but is seems like freep numbers are increasinf in the moors and evening the playing feild.

I am a warden, start trembling NOOOOOWWWW!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Grimphore View Post
    I'm not saying it's an answer, but it would be nice, considering they promised this 2 years ago and have yet to uphold such. It's the principle of things and epitomizes Turbine's disloyalty to their customers by saying things and not delivering. You're happy with Turbine not upholding their promises? I certainly am not.
    You sure post a lot for someone who hates this game and doesn't play.

Anyway I feel this quote is apropos: "Well when events change, I change my mind. What do you do?" A new map isn't the answer and just because someone promised one from Turbine doesn't mean it was a good idea or it should have been implemented. People (and companies) are allowed to change their minds and should when new facts appear.

People sorely underutilized the old map to the point the only places most people saw was Lug to TR through the middle, mostly at TA. We didn't need a new map when the old map was so poorly used and with the changes I am seeing fights in places no one ever went too. This, imo, is almost better than a new map.
    Edited due to violations of the community guidelines.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontdazemebro View Post

Effectively, the stats were actually reduced when looking at the effect on new rating requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by Aramidis View Post
    I don't know about the other servers but in Nimrodel almost all the freeps have max Aud and the jewelry in skirmish that they wanted and 2nd ages. Still get our a$$es handed out to us. The only thing you see on Nimrodel now are Def/WL/Spider/BA group(12 - 15) to get our attention, while a warg pack (5 - 12) take out our healers. There isn't that many freeps that do actually play in Nim, in ROI there was a good 50ish thru the week and right now a few weeks into RoR theres only about 25ish theu the week and the highest # of freeps out at the same time is 12 on a very good day with open raid and a good leader.

Yet there is always a warg pack of 5 - 12 everytime 3+ freeps leave GV and around 12+ creeps thru the map waiting for them in any location with another 10 in grams waiting for freeps to be called out. Some freeps are starting to decide to move to Elen or the bigger servers to see if PvP gets better and others are just trying out other games. In Nimrodel Lugz and TA are yet to have even been close to getting flipped since RoR and DG has even been close to losing the relic. There's just to of an unfair advantage right now. Instance clusters from RoR wont help since people will still be using the Moors armor and only jewelry would help but it wont help that much.

What actually happens is your group gets wiped once and you all log. There are no warg packs, just wargs (unless you want to call the three or four burgs tagging along with your group a pack as well). You guys farmed us for hours yesterday with very few deaths and the very minute it got a little challenging (i.e., one wipe) instead of taking the fight into TR or moving around the map, you all took your ball and went to GV and had spars and such. I died about 6 times during th farming session you enjoyed so much and guess what? I came back every time to have fun and fight some more. Again, it was only when the tables were turned a little that you all protested and apparently started talking about transfering servers.

Here's a tip: most of those people you were running with yesterday are the exact type that will log before conceding one or more defeats. Think about what that means and what the *real* problem might be with Numrodel PVP.

Quote Originally Posted by avengingbananaslug View Post
    You sure post a lot for someone who hates this game and doesn't play.

Anyway I feel this quote is apropos: "Well when events change, I change my mind. What do you do?" A new map isn't the answer and just because someone promised one from Turbine doesn't mean it was a good idea or it should have been implemented. People (and companies) are allowed to change their minds and should when new facts appear.

People sorely underutilized the old map to the point the only places most people saw was Lug to TR through the middle, mostly at TA. We didn't need a new map when the old map was so poorly used and with the changes I am seeing fights in places no one ever went too. This, imo, is almost better than a new map.
    So you're saying that people should be satisfied for a game that's been out for 5.5 years, as well as those playing for 5.5 years, of what was at best decent pvp without any new scenery, just 1 map? Like I said, if u played for as long as I and others had, you prolly be thinkin the same way. You think the "new" map is better than a new map? Rofl, just someone else that concedes to Turbine's laziness, for shame. I post about this because ppl need to know how many expectations have not been met by Turbine, and they will continue to do so if u pay for this atrocious game unnecessarily.

I have the right to post like anyone else when I want to thx , been here way longer than you so hush up. I just think it's pathetic ppl like u think this game is good right now. Keep being satisfied with Turbine giving u as a customer the short end of the stick, see how far that gets ya with "better pvp".
    Last edited by Grimphore; Nov 11 2012 at 01:10 PM.
    OP RoI Hunter Build:

Quote Originally Posted by 22Acacia View Post
    What actually happens is your group gets wiped once and you all log. There are no warg packs, just wargs (unless you want to call the three or four burgs tagging along with your group a pack as well). You guys farmed us for hours yesterday with very few deaths and the very minute it got a little challenging (i.e., one wipe) instead of taking the fight into TR or moving around the map, you all took your ball and went to GV and had spars and such. I died about 6 times during th farming session you enjoyed so much and guess what? I came back every time to have fun and fight some more. Again, it was only when the tables were turned a little that you all protested and apparently started talking about transfering servers.

Here's a tip: most of those people you were running with yesterday are the exact type that will log before conceding one or more defeats. Think about what that means and what the *real* problem might be with Numrodel PVP.

If the game mechanics stink this bad, who's to say its the players fault? Milt I and other have been trying to make this game fun for us for years, but there comes a time when its just too far messed up. And believe me, coming from a runescape perspective FFS, you can see why this game has gone down to the dumps, right?
    Last edited by myforumacc2; Nov 11 2012 at 11:18 PM.
    Mirkwoodian - Savior of the Ettenmoors

Squishy sacrificial tank 2012ish

Quote Originally Posted by 22Acacia View Post

This unfortunately is the same on our server. The freeps are happy to zerg and steamroll ( funny seeing a 24 man raid roaming the map looking for solo creeps). But when the creeps fight back and the get there backside handed to them they either hug or log. And I love how there is always a hugh warg pack everywhere. Blame everything on the wargs..we love it

Quote Originally Posted by snorka View Post
    Lol look at the Guardians, with the MASSIVE dps boost they still struggling, hate to be one of those... oh wait...
    Thanks for that one, made me lol in the middle of a boring meeting

Quote Originally Posted by ksjock View Post
    LM self heals abosultly out healed my spider DPS. If an LM wants to parse their heal data for comparision it would be nice. I have only 8 audacity so I had to wait out long CC durations and CC would have lowered my DPS potential. However in the parts of our fight that were stright DPS v's DPS it was looking close enough.
    I have done a series of 10-12 set up 1v1's with a good lm who used SI,wisdom, and stacked water lore BEFORE we even started and he ended up doing 20+k in heals in every fight. he died in every fight though 3 of them were double kb's with all fights being close except for the last 1 where i decided to pop my reflect when he ents'd. our morale pools were pretty close (me at 13k traited max damage him at 10k) but i easily out dps'd his heals and even gimped myself but not using brands or any form of pot so that lowered my overall dps to an avg of 300 vs his 200 while my deepdrinks and r9 were able to keep me up for the 90 secs or so it would take to kill him(the double kbs all took closer to 2 mins so i couldn't outheal his dps like i do shield wardens but since i have been at max audacity the whole time he couldn't do enough dps to kill me outright.

Quote Originally Posted by thisisanewname View Post
    I have done a series of 10-12 set up 1v1's with a good lm who used SI,wisdom, and stacked water lore BEFORE we even started and he ended up doing 20+k in heals in every fight. he died in every fight though 3 of them were double kb's with all fights being close except for the last 1 where i decided to pop my reflect when he ents'd. our morale pools were pretty close (me at 13k traited max damage him at 10k) but i easily out dps'd his heals and even gimped myself but not using brands or any form of pot so that lowered my overall dps to an avg of 300 vs his 200 while my deepdrinks and r9 were able to keep me up for the 90 secs or so it would take to kill him(the double kbs all took closer to 2 mins so i couldn't outheal his dps like i do shield wardens but since i have been at max audacity the whole time he couldn't do enough dps to kill me outright.
    Basically all of the wardens damage is in their dots. It takes up to 20 seconds to establish a maxim for PvP in terms of dots.
    Being rank 11, I think I can trust you to know the numerous advantages a spider has behind that concept.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast