We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: final straw

Quote Originally Posted by Viloxus View Post
    LMFAO, seriously dude, on this bad of a scale? There are hardly any freeps in the moors, where's this scale you continue to rant about. Yes, I know exactly what is good and coming on the boards screaming gloom and doom like some lunatic shows no respect, knowledge or understanding of how updates affect PvP because there aren't even enough folks to play yet.

Furthermore, you're totally wrong, fluctuating buffs DO promote more small fights and introduce strategy, sure there will be a big zergball on either side, but there always is. No mechanic in the world is going to stop that. Making the OPs actually matter completely changes the way the environment is used. That is a good thing and smart players aren't going to be able to roll the map in a single zergball. They'll never go fast enough.

Here's a pro tip, when one side has the buffs, don't 1v1 them if you think they'll beat you and don't like dying. Better yet, go cap an OP with some friends then come back and melt faces. The fact that right now you're complaining of this mechanic makes me think that you got smoked on your freep and didn't like it.

People grouping together to take keeps....at this point I think you're just trolling and laughing at the same time.

Let's just calm down, put on a looser pair of shorts and what until both sides are represented in the moors. It's nowhere near as bad as you claim but on behalf of many of us here, we appreciate the chuckles.
    If u think OPs promote small fights with this expac, you are outta ur mind lol. You be surprised how fast a zerg can take out all those ops lol, that's the point. I'm not even playing this game anymore, the mechanics are just stupid, and if you and others think this is a good pvp expac, once again, you have no idea what good pvp is and hope u enjoy this zerging atrocity that will hit the moors. I'm not wrong at all, you'll see soon enough .

I'm not complaining about 1v1s, I'm saying they are dead unfortunately. I have nothing to complain about lol, it's the people that bought the expac like fools to begin with thinking it would be a good expac for pvp. Enjoy ur zerg-filled pvp, u seem to be one of the few of those that will.

Once again, worst lotro pvp expac to date.
    Last edited by Grimphore; Oct 31 2012 at 11:40 PM.
    Ewoc EMAY of the "Lonely Mountain" , Izergz Reaver
    OP RoI Hunter Build:
    http://i414.photobucket.com/albums/p...nShot00071.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Grimphore View Post
    If u think OPs promote small fights with this expac, you are outta ur mind lol. You be surprised how fast a zerg can take out all those ops lol, that's the point. I'm not even playing this game anymore, the mechanics are just stupid, and if you and others think this is a good pvp expac, once again, you have no idea what good pvp is and hope u enjoy this zerging atrocity that will hit the moors. I'm not wrong at all, you'll see soon enough .

I'm not complaining about 1v1s, I'm saying they are dead unfortunately. I have nothing to complain about lol, it's the people that bought the expac like fools to begin with thinking it would be a good expac for pvp. Enjoy ur zerg-filled pvp, u seem to be one of the few of those that will.

Once again, worst lotro pvp expac to date.
    Hard to argue with any of this. From what I've seen in the early innings, the &&&&&&&& zerglodytes are in their glory in the moors. And the other &&&&&&s (freep &&&&&&s that is) are giving the moors a pass. It took less than 2 days each for me to level 2 toons (casually) and I'm as well geared as I've ever been so there's no other reason for the lack of pvp on our server than people tasting it and deciding the zerglodytes can have the place to themselves. This isn't a "I died in the moors" thread, in fact, the rating system is so borked my burg accidentally hit 5 stars yesterday. This is an honest appraisal of a completely f-d up, ridiculous failure of a pvp update.

As far as balance, I have no more time for debating with creep whiners about the changes. At some point you just have to realize you're talking English and someone else is talking Klingon. So now instead of debating I'm simply telling: making creeps this powerful is a game killer. You make be right, maybe freeps suck and should learn to play (I don't think so, but for the sake of argument). Good for you! Enjoy your empty moors where you can all parade around in a congo line congratulating each other on how right you were.
    Last edited by 22Acacia; Nov 01 2012 at 12:29 AM.

I like the update. I'm on a medium pvp server with room for solo, small, and raid groups. There are some frustrating parts but I'm fighting all over the place instead of the same place each day. It's dynamic, chaotic even, but never boring. The fight is constantly in flux.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/022040000000c7eb3/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Armitas View Post
    I like the update. I'm on a medium pvp server with room for solo, small, and raid groups. There are some frustrating parts but I'm fighting all over the place instead of the same place each day. It's dynamic, chaotic even, but never boring. The fight is constantly in flux.
    this^

dont listen to the doomsayers.

Quote Originally Posted by 22Acacia View Post
    Hard to argue with any of this. From what I've seen in the early innings, the &&&&&&&& zerglodytes are in their glory in the moors. And the other &&&&&&s (freep &&&&&&s that is) are giving the moors a pass. It took less than 2 days each for me to level 2 toons (casually) and I'm as well geared as I've ever been so there's no other reason for the lack of pvp on our server than people tasting it and deciding the zerglodytes can have the place to themselves. This isn't a "I died in the moors" thread, in fact, the rating system is so borked my burg accidentally hit 5 stars yesterday. This is an honest appraisal of a completely f-d up, ridiculous failure of a pvp update.

As far as balance, I have no more time for debating with creep whiners about the changes. At some point you just have to realize you're talking English and someone else is talking Klingon. So now instead of debating I'm simply telling: making creeps this powerful is a game killer. You make be right, maybe freeps suck and should learn to play (I don't think so, but for the sake of argument). Good for you! Enjoy your empty moors where you can all parade around in a congo line congratulating each other on how right you were.
    I always like to say "If you can't compete; don't compete"
    If you can't beat the zerg; don't fight it. If you can't solo; don't. If you can't do anything in the moors; don't go out there.
    [COLOR=SeaGreen][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020100002ee48c/signature.png]Venobyte[/charsig]
    [/COLOR][COLOR=Black]Terrabyte[/COLOR] - Brinson - Arvein - Aviente

Quote Originally Posted by Armitas View Post

Uh-oh, someone presenting play data in a calm manner, quick we need some hyperbole here!

@Acacia22 - And yes, a lot of freeps DO need to L2P, they got lazy with RoI. The whole rating thing is a non-issue as that's a feature that has been slowly been removed over time.
    [B][COLOR=cyan][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/06205000000039d09/signature.png]Viloxus[/charsig]
    8-time Grand Champion Guinness Drinker[/COLOR][/B]
    [SIZE=2][B][COLOR=silver]June 2008 model in "Failmasters of 2008" Calendar[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][SIZE=2]
    [B][COLOR=green]Making the world a better place one less pair of pants at a time :p [/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]

I'm not even playing this game anymore
    The important part of your statement. You do nothing but whine, cry and act like you know everything about a game you aren't even playing, weeks after an update when no one intelligent can claim to know how things will ultimately turn out. So go away and let people who actually play debate the merits of various aspects of the update (some of which do probably need to be changed).
    Edited due to violations of the community guidelines.

Quote Originally Posted by 22Acacia View Post

Amen brother, a person who knows pvp ladies and gents and whatever you guys are ^! I like the zerglodytes comment.

Quote Originally Posted by avengingbananaslug View Post
    The important part of your statement. You do nothing but whine, cry and act like you know everything about a game you aren't even playing, weeks after an update when no one intelligent can claim to know how things will ultimately turn out. So go away and let people who actually play debate the merits of various aspects of the update (some of which do probably need to be changed).
    Ah yes, I was waiting for someone to bring up this . I'm not whining at all, just loling @ all u clueless ppl that think this expac is any good pvp wise. If you like zerging and skilless bs, then go ahead, have fun ! I did play a little bit to realize how stupid it was, but didnt need to anyway; just look at the mechanics as well, doesn't take a genius to see how broken the moors are/will be. I hardly believe you have any merit considering I doubt you've been here when pvp was good a la SoA. I see ur September 2010 join date showing. I know mine is later than urs, but this is a f2p acc; also, I know join dates on the forums don't necessarily mean when you joined the game. I just presume you don't have any idea what you're talking about, as well as presuming the join date is when u started playing and limited experience due to that if you think the pvp right now is good, or will be good. Try pvping in this game for 5.5 years and seeing all the changes, and things falsely promised about pvp, b4 that compared to now, then talk to me about good pvp, cuz I guarantee you, u would have a hugely different viewpoint .
    Last edited by Grimphore; Nov 01 2012 at 06:48 PM.
    OP RoI Hunter Build:

Ah yes, I was waiting for someone to bring up this . I'm not whining at all, just loling @ all u clueless ppl that think this expac is any good pvp wise. If you like zerging and skilless bs, then go ahead, have fun ! I did play a little bit to realize how stupid it was, but didnt need to anyway; just look at the mechanics as well, doesn't take a genius to see how broken the moors are/will be. I hardly believe you have any merit considering I doubt you've been here when pvp was good a la SoA. I see ur September 2010 join date showing. I know mine is later than urs, but this is a f2p acc; also, I know join dates on the forums don't necessarily mean when you joined the game. I just presume you don't have any idea what you're talking about, as well as presuming the join date is when u started playing and limited experience due to that if you think the pvp right now is good, or will be good. Try pvping in this game for 5.5 years and seeing all the changes, and things falsely promised about pvp, b4 that compared to now, then talk to me about good pvp, cuz I guarantee you, u would have a hugely different viewpoint .
    He didn't just say you were whining, he was pointing out how meaningless all your posts are now that you've pretty much admitted that you don't play and whatever time you did play it certainly was nowhere enough to actually carry any weight regarding RoR other than you're sad and you're the self-proclaimed oracle of all things LOTRO PvP-related.

It doesn't matter when he joined, he's still playing more out there now than you are (and as a freep I might add) so with regards to this update, he's got a more informed view, with far-less "woe is me" freep QQ. And if you have been pvping in this game for 5.5 years as you claim, then where's all the hyperbole and false outrage from playing a creep? Or is all the unhappiness just about the zergs, so you're saying creeps are fine?
    [B][COLOR=cyan][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/06205000000039d09/signature.png]Viloxus[/charsig]
    [SIZE=2][B][COLOR=silver]June 2008 model in "Failmasters of 2008" Calendar[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][SIZE=2]
    [B][COLOR=green]Making the world a better place one less pair of pants at a time :p [/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]

He didn't just say you were whining, he was pointing out how meaningless all your posts are now that you've pretty much admitted that you don't play and whatever time you did play it certainly was nowhere enough to actually carry any weight regarding RoR other than you're sad and you're the self-proclaimed oracle of all things LOTRO PvP-related.

It doesn't matter when he joined, he's still playing more out there now than you are (and as a freep I might add) so with regards to this update, he's got a more informed view, with far-less "woe is me" freep QQ. And if you have been pvping in this game for 5.5 years as you claim, then where's all the hyperbole and false outrage from playing a creep? Or is all the unhappiness just about the zergs, so you're saying creeps are fine?
    I never said I had an issue with creeps or freeps, it's the mechanics they implemented that are the problem, and for some reason, ppl dont think that's an issue. I played this expac slightly on creep pvp-wise and knew forthcoming that was gonna be bad to begin with, I just wanted to test out the lolness of a "pvp expac" for myself. Also, what I've been hearing from ppl that knew what good pvp was are having qualms about this expac, like I knew they would and should even after I warned them. It seems like some ppl here tho think this is the best pvp expac out of all the lacklustered pvp expacs Turbine has ever made tho, which I think is funny and ludicrous at the same time, showing some ppl have no idea what good pvp is sadly. Just funny how u guys wasted ur money is all, you'll see, or ur just zerglings and enjoy this kinda nonsense .

I said b4 this pvp expac was gonna be garbage and I was right lol. If you think this is good pvp, u r just daft, never said I was an oracle, it's just common sense and knowledge of what is good pvp and what's not, it's not hard to figure out, but some ppl are deluded so not my prob .

On top of all this ^, no new pvp zone they promised for 2 years now, no new creep classes since book 13, and no mounted combat (that was pushing it, but woulda been nice to be seen implemented at some point). This company REALLY knows what they are doing :P. Sarcasm if u didnt catch that. They tell more lies and make more false promises with pvp than our candidates do with the US lol, and when they do make changes or "changes" (such as moving around stuff in the moors to make it seem "new"), it's absurd and asinine.
    Last edited by Grimphore; Nov 02 2012 at 01:12 AM.
    OP RoI Hunter Build:

No your whining. I am enjoying it though, particularly the 5.5 years comments you like to drop i find those particularly telling/entertaining.

I guess when the going gets tough, the tough quit. PvP hasnt been good in LOTRO for a long long time (but you knew that right? 5.5 years...) I know its been easy for freeps but its been laughable creepside for sometime. I still play my warg casually but a lot of people moved on there are better PvP products out there.

You should too, considering how highly you think of yourself based on your years of playing LOTRO PvP I bet you will excel at other games PvP.

First impression after a cpl of weeks... pretty good changes as far as skill enhancements and such. maybe a few adjustments needed. I certainly lose more fights than I used to against similarly ranked opponents. Weavers used to go down a fair percentage of the time, now it's flip a coin against similar ranks...... I've gotten destroyed by TC a cpl of times! I haven't managed to get a purple weaver below 6k yet. Reavers hit like trucks, and all that morale! I get my butt completely whupped against high-rank good ones now and win about one out of three against similarly ranked opponents. Defilers seem about the same...still tough fights... I have to get my debuffs in and some nice crits against them or I'm dead! I Haven't seen many wargs. Maybe they're trying out different creep types?. I've only gotten solo pounced twice since 85. Lost to a r12, won against a r9. Too early to tell much about warg changes. It doesn't look like BAs got much in the update. My win percentages there have gone up since RoR. That's probably bad news for BAs because freeps aren't really geared all that well atm. BAs might have gotten left behind a bit in the update.

Three or four months from now, freeps will have their audacity back and a bunch of new PvE jewelry and FAs from raid instances. That's going to add a Lot more firepower and survivability if you're a well-geared freep! My guess is that if you're a decently geared RK, you'll still do just fine in the Moors. Wins aren't going to be as easy and losses are going to be more frequent...... sounds more balanced and still fun

I'm not sure how the OP and Keep buffs will play out as far as the affects they will have on the game. There are not a lot of freeps out atm on my server, and with the exception of a cpl of nights, not much group action at all.
    Last edited by Nouri; Nov 02 2012 at 04:23 PM.

Casinoari - Rank 15 RK
    Malakorou - Rank 10 Defiler
    Casinari - Original Challenger of Saruman Minstrel

Quote Originally Posted by Thorgrum View Post
    No your whining. I am enjoying it though, particularly the 5.5 years comments you like to drop i find those particularly telling/entertaining.

I guess when the going gets tough, the tough quit. PvP hasnt been good in LOTRO for a long long time (but you knew that right? 5.5 years...) I know its been easy for freeps but its been laughable creepside for sometime. I still play my warg casually but a lot of people moved on there are better PvP products out there.

You should too, considering how highly you think of yourself based on your years of playing LOTRO PvP I bet you will excel at other games PvP.
    No, I'm not. You don't have any idea about how I play, just false assumptions, if you knew me, you wouldn't say the garbage u r saying . I whine the least outta anyone I know in this game lol. I'm just stating facts bud . Whining would be if I wasted my money on the expac, which I didnt thankfully and wasn't playing on. I really just lost interest in this game's pvp after the other waning expansions, but this one took the cake obviously. Yes, I did know that, but it's been tolerable and the fact it was lotr, hence my waning comment, but now it's just become stupid, filled with a lot of stupid ppl apparently that have a very flawed sense of what good pvp is. Then again, u play lotro and think cuz ur good at pvp in this game at that u know pvp in general, so it makes sense lol. Like I said, enjoy, you'll be actually whining soon enough.

Let the Age of the Zergling begin!
    Last edited by Grimphore; Nov 02 2012 at 02:29 PM.
    OP RoI Hunter Build:

..... I whine the least outta anyone I know in this game lol. I'm just stating facts bud ...
    I think we can all agree that the only person who whines more than you is Lendas. As for facts, you haven't provided a single one to support your predictions or this delusion that you're a pvp-design genius.

buh-bye angry typing guy

I think we can all agree that the only person who whines more than you is Lendas.
    buh-bye angry typing guy
    Dontdazemebro shouldn't be too far behind....

Where has Lendas been lately anyways? Havent seen him for a little while.
    I've been at the mercy of men just following orders. Never again.

I think we can all agree that the only person who whines more than you is Lendas. As for facts, you haven't provided a single one to support your predictions or this delusion that you're a pvp-design genius.

buh-bye angry typing guy
    I'm not angry at all, note the smiley faces. This is true, Lendas does whine the most, but whine minimally nor at all. Just look around you, at the mechanics, it's not hard. What facts have u provided that it will be good?

Quote Originally Posted by Selebrimbor View Post
    Dontdazemebro shouldn't be too far behind....

Where has Lendas been lately anyways? Havent seen him for a little while.
    You know I'm nothing like either of them lol, I'm actually coherent and logical.
    OP RoI Hunter Build:

You know I'm nothing like either of them lol, I'm actually coherent and logical.
    I wasn't comparing you to either of them. I was comparing Daze to Lendas. Honestly I don't think you are anything like either of them. xD
    I've been at the mercy of men just following orders. Never again.

I wasn't comparing you to either of them. I was comparing Daze to Lendas. Honestly I don't think you are anything like either of them. xD
    Lol good, figured not, but u were there to witness those arguments, if u could call them arguments and not absolute domination by moi . Like I said tho, I'm not complaining about anything, not about freeps or creeps, I'm just STATING (note to others that word is not synonymous with complaining) the mechanics are stupid. People like to just say ur qqing cuz they have nothing better to say lol. I don't play the game nor bought the expac, so it's their loss really not mine.
    OP RoI Hunter Build:

Oh really? Look back at our posts... Lendas complained and put out horrible examples of how the hunter should be. His "revamp" thread was completely ridiculous.

I simply stated that the hunter had a lack of survivability that needed to be addressed. Did I ask for much? Inductionless press Onward isn't exactly game breaking. Just because I don't agree with you doesn't mean that I am an idiot.

Also, most of my posts were based in future tense of what was to come with Riders of Rohan. How wrong was I? Lol. I warned Grimphore and several others who backed up the hunter class that the changes to come in RoR would completely screw over the class in solo situations. Was I wrong? Other classes may not be well off solo but not to the degree that hunter is. Do I even care at this point? No. I voiced my opinion and it was not heard, so I have simply moved on. I am happy with the other games I play, and when I decide to log on, I just play my spider. I find that it is and has been a lot less disappointing to play...

Quote Originally Posted by Dontdazemebro View Post
    Oh really? Look back at our posts... Lendas complained and put out horrible examples of how the hunter should be. His "revamp" thread was completely ridiculous.

I simply stated that the hunter had a lack of survivability that needed to be addressed. Did I ask for much? Inductionless press Onward isn't exactly game breaking. Just because I don't agree with you doesn't mean that I am an idiot.

and when I decide to log on, I just play my spider. I find that it is and has been a lot less disappointing to play...
    I agreed on the Press Onward, but I never thought the skill was bad to begin with honestly.

I personally just think they messed up the mechanics of the game, not necessarily the classes, and that's what I saw coming, I even said that in threads b4 the expac came out.

Playin ur spider? Come on man, that's weak... Or wasn't spider ur main? Were u the one saying u could beat freeps on ur spider with 1 aud against 7 aud freeps in RoI, or was that Colorspecs? Had trouble telling u qqing hunters apart sometimes lol :P. If spider is ur main creep, that's one thing I don't mind that, but if u just started playin one now, that is another.
    Last edited by Grimphore; Nov 03 2012 at 11:00 PM.
    OP RoI Hunter Build:

I agreed on the Press Onward, but I never thought the skill was bad to begin with honestly.

I personally just think they messed up the mechanics of the game, not necessarily the classes, and that's what I saw coming, I even said that in threads b4 the expac came out.

Playin ur spider? Come on man, that's weak... Or wasn't spider ur main? Were u the one saying u could beat freeps on ur spider with 1 aud against 7 aud freeps in RoI, or was that Colorspecs? Had trouble telling u qqing hunters apart sometimes lol :P. If spider is ur main creep, that's one thing I don't mind that, but if u just started playin one now, that is another.
    I have a rank 10 spider.

Quote Originally Posted by Untg99 View Post
    I was unaware that healing minstrels and RK's could deal significant damage.
    One word for ya: freep.
    "I should call that a heavy loss, if it was not a wonder rather that in his great age he could still wield his axe as mightily as they say he did, standing over the body of King Brand before the gate of Erebor, until the darkness fell."
    http://gladdenhistory.wikispaces.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Witch0King View Post
    One word for ya: freep.
    One word for ya: delusional.

A healing minstrel outside of warspeech is not going to deal much dps (about the same as a warleader, maybe a bit higher at most). A healing runekeeper in healing attunement is going to deal about half of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontdazemebro View Post
    One word for ya: delusional.

A healing minstrel outside of warspeech is not going to deal much dps (about the same as a warleader, maybe a bit higher at most). A healing runekeeper in healing attunement is going to deal about half of that.
    one word for ya, nobrainer

one who claim he's been playing so much on creep should atleast know that freeps can easily deal alot of damage to creeps, but I guess thats too much for you.
    "I should call that a heavy loss, if it was not a wonder rather that in his great age he could still wield his axe as mightily as they say he did, standing over the body of King Brand before the gate of Erebor, until the darkness fell."
    http://gladdenhistory.wikispaces.com/

Warning, skiped all of the other comments!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP, you freeps had Godmode for 5 years, let us enjoy our one update.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast