We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10
Results 226 to 249 of 249

Thread: final straw

  1. #226
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    MD, USA
    Posts
    2,424
    Quote Originally Posted by Yagashura View Post
    What changed was that creeps got a Boost, and NOT that freeps got a nerf. Creeps got a boost; they weren’t as easy to kill, so the twitch reaction from many people who had become so accustomed to ez-moding in the moors was to: Shun the moors and QQ on the forums.
    Boost..nerf..boost...nerf. You do realize that in terms of playability there is no difference? Nerfing one side is absolutely no different than boosting the other.

    Quote Originally Posted by Yagashura View Post
    And the ez-moder,forum QQer doesnt have a massive impact on largely populated servers, since those are usually servers that have weathered the OPness of either side from various patch to patch from lotro's launch. So they have grown accustomed to it in their own way and also those players are usually dedicated to the game and the moors. But that isnt the case in smaller population servers, since if a large chunk stop playing then the smaller percent of freeps who DO want to still play are highly outnumbered by the now bolstered creep population. And high chances are that, their fellow freeps who refuse to come out of glan vraig now and QQ about broken moors, are the same guys who flipped over to the creep side(thus boosting the already present creep numbers) since its easier on the red side now.
    Interesting theory you have. When creeps were so underpowered they had ~10K login every week. When freeps we're so OP they had ~6k log in every week. Now we have RoR and guess what. Nothing has changed, same numbers for the most part. Freeps are QQing just as the creeps did in RoI. So was all the QQ creepside during RoI based on wanna-be-ezmoders, bruised egos, and failure? It’s funny when creeps QQed (as a whole) during RoI it was due to lack of balance. Yet, those same creeps fail to see that the same behavior now by freeps (as a whole) might be for the same reasons.

    Quote Originally Posted by Yagashura View Post
    Lastly, Outposts do need a nerf in the buff numbers, Freeps need to wait for the next instances pack until they get OP again....
    The same mantra was used before this instance pack. You do realize that even if the first agers finally do make their way into the game, they will most like provide less of a DPS increase than just one outpost? If you expect the instance pack coming up in the next two months to make a significant change in the 'moors you’re only making excuses to keep things status quo.


    Personally, I do not want creeps nerfed. I would like to see a ON buff that actually makes a difference and is active sooner. As is, when your side is outnumbered and you get the buff you are sooooo outnumbered that the buff means nothing. I don’t really have a solution to the population imbalance. I just prefer to point out how other possible solutions are terrible and don't work. Now, if you will excuse me I gotta get back to my campaign for public office.
    Last edited by doug01; Jan 15 2013 at 09:31 AM.
    "...FF is still the best server period, its like the Texas of Lotro"-Bace

  2. #227
    Quote Originally Posted by Yagashura View Post
    Turbine can do what it can to even the playing field, but it cannot change the mentality of the ez-moder. And sadly most of the people who have tasted the ez-life, ie most of the freep classes post RoI upgrades, refuse to endure any form of competition which might involve dying, failure and bruised ego.
    If "ez-moding" is spending the hours getting a toon to 85 and learning the class, joining a raiding kin, spending more hours strat breaking and finally running raid content for months getting Tier 2 Challenges complete, then i would sure hate to see what hard mode is.

    Oh wait, hard mode must be starting a creep and buying all the skills from the store. Now that is for true winners who crave a challenge.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/012030100001cd146/signature.png]Chaoticevil[/charsig]

  3. #228
    Quote Originally Posted by Yagashura View Post
    Store bought skills, arent the problem.
    Really? Is that why Blight was changed? Or Get a Grip? Should I keep going or are you going to run to the Store and buy a defeat response for me? And it's the same reason why future updates and expansions will see changes in Creep skillsets.

    What changed, was that creeps got a Boost, and NOT that freeps got a nerf.
    Actually, I'd venture to say that a lack of development or lateral movement is essentially a nerf.

    Creeps got a boost, they werent as easy to kill, so the twitch reaction from many many people who had become so accustomed to ez-moding in the moors was to: Shun the moors and QQ on the forums.
    That is so patently false. While I was leveling my Freep, I took the time to play my Warg, with 1 Audacity, to gain some Commendations and more importantly become more familiar with Creep skillsets and the new PvE development. Not only was my Warg ridiculously easy to play, engage, and PvP, I realized how unbalanced PvP as a whole is. I don't have any purchased skills on my Warg and no previous Audacity, so it was it was a Rk 9 Warg, with that Rk 9 skillset and Rk 1 Audacity. If the intention of Orion and co. was to make it one of the least challenging Creep experiences in LoTRO history, then they won.

    since if a large chunk stop playing then the smaller percent of freeps who DO want to still play are highly outnumbered by the now bolstered creep population.
    All that previous nonsense aside, this has always been a problem on Freepside.

    Playing a Freep is completely uninviting. It's a perpetual uphill battle.

    Lastly, Outposts do need a nerf in the buff numbers, Freeps need to wait for the next instances pack until they get OP again
    This argument was valid for one update but it's pretty tired, now.

    How is that level 80 Rk 1 Captain doing?
    Last edited by BrittainTheCommie; Jan 15 2013 at 08:34 PM.
    Brittain. Fidel. KimJongIl.

  4. #229
    Quote Originally Posted by Pausekey View Post
    If "ez-moding" is spending the hours getting a toon to 85 and learning the class, joining a raiding kin, spending more hours strat breaking and finally running raid content for months getting Tier 2 Challenges complete, then i would sure hate to see what hard mode is.

    Oh wait, hard mode must be starting a creep and buying all the skills from the store. Now that is for true winners who crave a challenge.
    No. "Ez-moding" is rolling a class in the moors which is generally more powerful than the others, after a particular class revamp, solely for the reason of being able to kill others without dying much. Thus, earning ranks more effortlessly and hugging stars more desperately.

    Hard mode, was Warden before the absurd Shield Warden update.


    Way to go on getting not just a little, but COMPLETELY confused on the post that you quoted. If you had a bad day or something told you something unpleasant about whatever is bothering you, this is NOT the place to come and vent your frustration out in incoherent rambling. I am more than willing to discuss the points I made with you, but dont play Strawman games and expect to receive a respectful reply in return.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d216000000002435/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  5. #230
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    331
    Quote Originally Posted by Yagashura View Post
    That is absolutely Wrong.

    Store bought skills, arent the problem. If they were then it would have become obvious right after RoI, when they made skills purchasable in the cash shop. Were creeps so powerful during that phase? No.


    What changed, was that creeps got a Boost, and NOT that freeps got a nerf. Creeps got a boost, they werent as easy to kill, so the twitch reaction from many many people who had become so accustomed to ez-moding in the moors was to: Shun the moors and QQ on the forums.
    And the ez-moder,forum QQer doesnt have a massive impact on largely populated servers, since those are usually servers that have weathered the OPness of either side from various patch to patch from lotro's launch. So they have grown accustomed to it in their own way and also those players are usually dedicated to the game and the moors. But that isnt the case in smaller population servers, since if a large chunk stop playing then the smaller percent of freeps who DO want to still play are highly outnumbered by the now bolstered creep population. And high chances are that, their fellow freeps who refuse to come out of glan vraig now and QQ about broken moors, are the same guys who flipped over to the creep side(thus boosting the already present creep numbers) since its easier on the red side now.

    Turbine can do what it can to even the playing field, but it cannot change the mentality of the ez-moder. And sadly most of the people who have tasted the ez-life, ie most of the freep classes post RoI upgrades, refuse to endure any form of competition which might involve dying, failure and bruised ego.

    Lastly, Outposts do need a nerf in the buff numbers, Freeps need to wait for the next instances pack until they get OP again and most of all Turbine needs to make a COMPLETELY NEW cross server PvP map and not some sorry excuse of a "re-vamped" map with rez points getting shifted and bridges getting double stacked.
    This post is just downright wrong on nearly every point of it. I don't even care to correct it, because any person who has any sense of what the moors is like knows it's wrong.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pausekey View Post
    If "ez-moding" is spending the hours getting a toon to 85 and learning the class, joining a raiding kin, spending more hours strat breaking and finally running raid content for months getting Tier 2 Challenges complete, then i would sure hate to see what hard mode is.

    Oh wait, hard mode must be starting a creep and buying all the skills from the store. Now that is for true winners who crave a challenge.
    Yes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Yagashura View Post
    Thus, earning ranks more effortlessly and hugging stars more desperately.
    Another reason why you have no idea what's going on in the moors: People hugging stars? It's easier than ever to get to stars, and takes one death to plummit 1500 rating. No one cares about stars anymore since the entire system is bugged as all hell.
    Last edited by Penionn; Jan 17 2013 at 03:15 PM.

  6. #231
    Quote Originally Posted by BrittainTheCommie View Post
    Really? Is that why Blight was changed? Or Get a Grip? Should I keep going or are you going to run to the Store and buy a defeat response for me? And it's the same reason why future updates and expansions will see changes in Creep skillsets.
    Keep going, I am anxiously waiting for your QQ to roll out in torrents.

    Just kidding, I know you arent crying your eyes sore and feeling irate and not being able to wipe the tears through the freep goggles


    If Blight was changed, Get a grip was changed, and how any of the skills were changed, it was in relation to the game development and what was needed/wanted to be done by the devs. The same way the Critical system was changed to make crits more constant and less...shocking. I would say this had quite an effect on some Freep classes, both good and bad. But it was a change that was required, just like the change to Blight and GaG.
    And even a fool can say that future updates and expansions will see changes in creep skillsets, if they dont then the likelyhood of Turbine losing the majority of its creep players is imminent, if freeps were giving new skills, levels and equips while creeps were forgotten on the lvl 85 RoR update.
    Now go sprint to the store to get your QQ response in great haste! Just kidding man, you know that right?

    Quote Originally Posted by BrittainTheCommie View Post


    Actually, I'd venture to say that a lack of development or lateral movement is essentially a nerf.
    So...you mean to say...
    BrittainTheCommie says, "Creeps did NOT get a Boost, but they got a NERF!"
    Can you repeat that once more so that the other readers can see it again?

    Quote Originally Posted by BrittainTheCommie View Post


    That is so patently false. While I was leveling my Freep, I took the time to play my Warg, with 1 Audacity, to gain some Commendations and more importantly become more familiar with Creep skillsets and the new PvE development. Not only was my Warg ridiculously easy to play, engage, and PvP, I realized how unbalanced PvP as a whole is.
    So...for how long were you in stealth. Cant have been Flayer stance since you havent "purchased any skills". How did your gameplay go again? How many 1v1s you took part in? Warg packs? Gold Tagging? Rez Camping? Or just hiding in the shadows until someone else has gotten the nasty little freep down to low health and pouncing it in relative safety? Please, share with us your tactics and means of gameplay for all those other wargs to see how to play a rank9 Audacity1 Warg to its maximum potency.


    Quote Originally Posted by BrittainTheCommie View Post

    (On Jan 15th I said: )
    There was a reason why Rk 12-15 skills were gated - They are immensely powerful but they could be countered by the opposing faction because those skills weren't accessible by anyone and everyone. Now the flood gates are open and Creepside still has the population dominance and Freepside is having trouble compensating with the store-bought skillsets

    (On Jan 17th I blurt out: )
    Not only was my Warg ridiculously easy to play, engage, and PvP, ... I don't have any purchased skills on my Warg
    You my friend, took off your shoes, smeared mayonnaise all over it, stuck two pieces of rye bread on either sides and shoved it deep down into your mouth.

    You sunk your own battleship, to say. So cash shop is not as quintessential as you first painted it to be? My point exactly. But come now, tell us how you played your warg and we can judge if you actually prove that the warg is That easy to play or if the freeps you played against are just That bad.

    And my captain is leveling slowly...thanks for asking. Meant a lot to me
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d216000000002435/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  7. #232
    So...for how long were you in stealth. Cant have been Flayer stance since you havent "purchased any skills". How did your gameplay go again? How many 1v1s you took part in? Warg packs? Gold Tagging? Rez Camping? Or just hiding in the shadows until someone else has gotten the nasty little freep down to low health and pouncing it in relative safety? Please, share with us your tactics and means of gameplay for all those other wargs to see how to play a rank9 Audacity1 Warg to its maximum potency.
    I've ignored most of this thread cause it seems pretty ragey so not sure the context of that comment but just wanted to say one of the better wargs I've seen in game only ever had 1 audacity, used no CDs and beat the vast majority of freeps he fought. All he did was lay there waiting for freeps to come fight him 1 on 1:

    http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...efsquatingbear!!!
    Edited due to violations of the community guidelines.

  8. #233
    O boy o boy... Freeps have been OP for years, really. Now creeps get an update that makes it balanced and freeps start QQing... What a surprise. Well, tbh, I wanna keep it this way, except for defiler flies.

    Nerf flies!!
    Feailuve - Aeviternus - Vesanus
    Brandywine

    The important thing about life is the struggle, not the triumph... Said no winner ever.

  9. #234
    Quote Originally Posted by avengingbananaslug View Post
    I've ignored most of this thread cause it seems pretty ragey so not sure the context of that comment but just wanted to say one of the better wargs I've seen in game only ever had 1 audacity, used no CDs and beat the vast majority of freeps he fought. All he did was lay there waiting for freeps to come fight him 1 on 1:

    http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...efsquatingbear!!!
    ^ Lies...
    Feailuve - Aeviternus - Vesanus
    Brandywine

    The important thing about life is the struggle, not the triumph... Said no winner ever.

  10. #235
    Quote Originally Posted by Yagashura View Post
    No. "Ez-moding" is rolling a class in the moors which is generally more powerful than the others, after a particular class revamp, solely for the reason of being able to kill others without dying much. Thus, earning ranks more effortlessly and hugging stars more desperately.

    Hard mode, was Warden before the absurd Shield Warden update.


    Way to go on getting not just a little, but COMPLETELY confused on the post that you quoted. If you had a bad day or something told you something unpleasant about whatever is bothering you, this is NOT the place to come and vent your frustration out in incoherent rambling. I am more than willing to discuss the points I made with you, but dont play Strawman games and expect to receive a respectful reply in return.
    Alas, it seems as though you think i misread you. So let me be more clear.

    So if "ez-moding" is rolling a class that has become more powerful, should you not play that class anymore? So all the people with only 1 toon should never come to the moors if that class is now considered by you to be "ez-mode"?

    Or perhaps you mean "rolling a class" in that they leveled it and geared it after the change, to take advantage of the changes from an update. In which case my statement stands, all the effort that it took to get that toon to 85 and geared is "ez-moding"?

    There are freeps out there that i am sure have been accused of ez-moding, who have probably spent more hours inside the Orthanc raid alone than some people have spent on their main creeps.

    It is obvious that you come here to vent frustration, that you do not understand how anything on freep side works. You spout on about ez-moders when you have no idea what it takes to build a well geared and moors ready freep.

    By the way, you wanna know what class is ez-mode for me? War Leader. Why is it easy? Because im good at it. That little fact gets lost a lot, not everyone is good at the same things, and what is easy to some is not always easy to others. If you think (insert class here) is easy mode roll one and get it moors ready, then come back and talk.

    Accusations of ez-moding smacks of jealousy to me.
    Last edited by Pausekey; Jan 17 2013 at 07:14 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/012030100001cd146/signature.png]Chaoticevil[/charsig]

  11. #236
    There is a big difference between a class being different, revamped, nerfed etc to being overpowered
    From what I've seen in the comments on this thread many freeps don't have an accurate view on what's what, or they don't remember how things were for the last 4 years.

    At LVL65 Burgs were overpower "In MY opinion" much of what's being said here are "PERSONAL" experiences
    I believe that if 2 classes can pop out in the middle of a raid, take down 1-2 targets, and make it out unharmed is overpowered
    How about LVL75 mini's? Kiting warg PACKS and trashing them? surviving BA firing squads?

    So what do you guys think is OP about certain creep classes?
    The fact that BA's a "DPS" class was able to do a burst damage rotation back at 75? which mainly involved using 3 skills in a row to deal out a beating, however said class was pretty easy to take down solo....

    Now it's reavers and spiders? why because reavers actually do damage now? because spiders don't roll over and die anymore?
    Oh noes a reflect skill, i don't know anything else but to trow more dps at it, What should i do OMG so OP..... ever heared of kiting and CC? the same can be said for wrath.....

    I wonder how many people talking here, actually fought burgs at 65, fought mini's at 75 and are fighting champions at 85, not to mention the water-lore spamming LM's or the RK full heals and bubbles....

    I've fought on both sides, i still am, i find the moors more balanced then ever, freeps staying at gv, wargs calling out solo's and zergs zerging solo's isn't turbine fault, it's the playerbase that is currently on the moors that makes this happen.


    I do believe there will be nerfs and revamps comming next update, QQ of the hunter is proof enough that turbine eventually listens to the whining of players and changes something, for better or worse, at least I'm glad for once, creeps got listened to.

    Ex
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c000000241100/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  12. #237
    Quote Originally Posted by avengingbananaslug View Post
    I've ignored most of this thread cause it seems pretty ragey so not sure the context of that comment but just wanted to say one of the better wargs I've seen in game only ever had 1 audacity, used no CDs and beat the vast majority of freeps he fought. All he did was lay there waiting for freeps to come fight him 1 on 1:

    http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...efsquatingbear!!!
    If he truly is that good a player, then what can I say, well done to him for playing his class well. He would be few of the players in this game who can achieve what he has done with only 1 Audacity, used no CDs and still managing to beat most of his opponents. He must be a very skilled PvMPer.


    If only the rest of us were as good as that yea? No sarcasm here but not all the wargs can do as well under the circumstances. And a class should be designed and balanced to cater to the vast majority of the players of various skill ranges. Not only to the creme of the creme.


    Also I am not sure as to if you are referring to BrittainTheCommie or another player?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d216000000002435/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  13. #238
    Quote Originally Posted by Pausekey View Post
    Alas, it seems as though you think i misread you. So let me be more clear.

    So if "ez-moding" is rolling a class that has become more powerful, should you not play that class anymore? So all the people with only 1 toon should never come to the moors if that class is now considered by you to be "ez-mode"?

    Or perhaps you mean "rolling a class" in that they leveled it and geared it after the change, to take advantage of the changes from an update. In which case my statement stands, all the effort that it took to get that toon to 85 and geared is "ez-moding"?

    There are freeps out there that i am sure have been accused of ez-moding, who have probably spent more hours inside the Orthanc raid alone than some people have spent on their main creeps.

    It is obvious that you come here to vent frustration, that you do not understand how anything on freep side works. You spout on about ez-moders when you have no idea what it takes to build a well geared and moors ready freep.

    By the way, you wanna know what class is ez-mode for me? War Leader. Why is it easy? Because im good at it. That little fact gets lost a lot, not everyone is good at the same things, and what is easy to some is not always easy to others. If you think (insert class here) is easy mode roll one and get it moors ready, then come back and talk.

    Accusations of ez-moding smacks of jealousy to me.
    Yep, you did misread me and sorry to say you still arent getting it.


    There is a BIG difference in playing a class before it gets a revamps, because you like/want/have always played that class.

    And playing a class AFTER it gets a major revamp, only BECAUSE it is now so easy to play this class in the ettenmoors, ie now its a EZ-MODE class for killing creeps.

    And lets be honest here, what effort are you talking about when you say: "rolling a class ... to take advantage of the changes from an update"? Lvling in lotro is no longer as tedious as it was during SoA or the early days. You can breeze by in content and levels now since the majority of the game has turned solo friendly, and grouping up only hastens the process. Ive known players who roll toons from lvl 1 to cap in the matter of weeks (not me personally since I dont get a lot of time to play games). But can you deny that it takes only a few weeks to lvl a toon to cap? Gearing...please dont use some half assed excuse. If you are rolling a new FOTM character, then the chances are high that you already have a character that can bankroll your new toon. Barter wallet, auction house, hell even friendly kinmates are more than enough to get your character "moors-ready".
    You seem to be missing out the fact that if you are rolling a FOTM class, its the favourite for a reason: they do exceptionally well under the normal circumstance. You dont need ALL golden gear and 1st ages to hold your ground. And if you think thats the only way a freep can win in the moors, then have all the freeps fought with the only the top set of equips or not fought at all, ever?

    And I assure you, unlike certain other posters, I got no axe to grind. Nor any frustration to vent, since I barely play on either sides anymore. And no jealousy here...seriously jealousy for a...class in a...game? I`d be better of saving my envy for something more worthwhile TBH. Im calling it as I see it and it wouldnt do you good to think from that angle and build your argument from there onwards. Its going to come crashing down on you.


    Im not expecting you to get this post either, but let me recapitulate my response to your off topic rant: I was NOT talking about leveling to 85, learning the class, joining a raiding kin, spending more hours strat breaking and finally running raid content for months getting Tier 2 Challenges complete and all that out-of-moors related gameplay. I say EZ-MODING in reference to the ettenmoors and PvMP, ie rolling a toon only for the reason being able to kill monster players with more ease than other classes. If you can run tier 2 challenges in the moors then you got to tell me what version of lotro you have been playing since it sounds better than the one Im running.
    And if you do good on a Warleader, it doesnt make WL EZ-MODE. If Less-Than-Average Player Joe, does GREAT on the Warleader against skilled freeps, simply because the class is that easy to win with, Then its an FOTM class and if L-T-A-Player Joe rolled the WL for that particular reason alone then he is an EZ-MODER . Get it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Penionn View Post

    Another reason why you have no idea what's going on in the moors: People hugging stars? It's easier than ever to get to stars, and takes one death to plummit 1500 rating. No one cares about stars anymore since the entire system is bugged as all hell.
    Should have added the disclaimer that I meant hugging stars 'during the RoI freep class revamps', that was the point of my argument there. I gave the Shield warden update for reference but my apologies for explicitly not stating so. I gave you far too much credit if I expected you to figure it out without putting it in simple words.
    Last edited by Yagashura; Jan 17 2013 at 08:08 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d216000000002435/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  14. #239
    Quote Originally Posted by MTminas View Post
    There is a big difference between a class being different, revamped, nerfed etc to being overpowered
    From what I've seen in the comments on this thread many freeps don't have an accurate view on what's what, or they don't remember how things were for the last 4 years.

    At LVL65 Burgs were overpower "In MY opinion" much of what's being said here are "PERSONAL" experiences
    I believe that if 2 classes can pop out in the middle of a raid, take down 1-2 targets, and make it out unharmed is overpowered
    How about LVL75 mini's? Kiting warg PACKS and trashing them? surviving BA firing squads?

    So what do you guys think is OP about certain creep classes?
    The fact that BA's a "DPS" class was able to do a burst damage rotation back at 75? which mainly involved using 3 skills in a row to deal out a beating, however said class was pretty easy to take down solo....

    Now it's reavers and spiders? why because reavers actually do damage now? because spiders don't roll over and die anymore?
    Oh noes a reflect skill, i don't know anything else but to trow more dps at it, What should i do OMG so OP..... ever heared of kiting and CC? the same can be said for wrath.....

    I wonder how many people talking here, actually fought burgs at 65, fought mini's at 75 and are fighting champions at 85, not to mention the water-lore spamming LM's or the RK full heals and bubbles....

    I've fought on both sides, i still am, i find the moors more balanced then ever, freeps staying at gv, wargs calling out solo's and zergs zerging solo's isn't turbine fault, it's the playerbase that is currently on the moors that makes this happen.


    I do believe there will be nerfs and revamps comming next update, QQ of the hunter is proof enough that turbine eventually listens to the whining of players and changes something, for better or worse, at least I'm glad for once, creeps got listened to.

    Ex
    Thanks for this post, couldnt agree more with the points you make.


    Many freeps here cant or dont want to remember the time when they were crazy OP. Even that EZ-MODER princess who used to spam that minis werent OP while she was able to kite entire packs is enough proof of the delusional state some people live in.
    And still they arent able to justify all this post-RoR QQ, what exactly is OP with the creeps right now? All I see here is that a few special people would rather QQ and personal attack than state their grievances.

    All the excessive zerging of soloers, unwanted GV hugging, fight clubbing, EZ-MODE flipping and all that poor sportsmanship is mainly the players' fault, who make this happen.

    But why wait out a little while to become OverPowered again, best to run to the forums to relentlessly QQ with threads titled final straw and such, so that those damn creeps can know their place!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d216000000002435/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  15. #240
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    940
    Quote Originally Posted by Yagashura View Post
    Thanks for this post, couldnt agree more with the points you make.


    Many freeps here cant or dont want to remember the time when they were crazy OP. Even that EZ-MODER princess who used to spam that minis werent OP while she was able to kite entire packs is enough proof of the delusional state some people live in.
    And still they arent able to justify all this post-RoR QQ, what exactly is OP with the creeps right now? All I see here is that a few special people would rather QQ and personal attack than state their grievances.

    All the excessive zerging of soloers, unwanted GV hugging, fight clubbing, EZ-MODE flipping and all that poor sportsmanship is mainly the players' fault, who make this happen.

    But why wait out a little while to become OverPowered again, best to run to the forums to relentlessly QQ with threads titled final straw and such, so that those damn creeps can know their place!
    You may want to loosen the creep goggles a bit, they are cutting off the blood flow to your brain. I am not going to argue that freeps were OP prior to RoR, and creeps are getting a taste of what freeps had. But the pendulum has swung too far. maybe instead of taunting like freeps did, creeps could be a bit bigger about things. Otherwise creeps will get hit hard by the nerf bat. Its easy to say "Suck it up freeps! Sucks don't it?" But do creeps really want to go back to pre ROI days? Do you really want to be punching bags again? I know I don't.

  16. #241
    I play both sides and I really feel things are quite balance right now. The only thing I would like to see is for there to be a good creep target. Right now, as it stands you can tab through a group of creeps/raid and not find a good target. Every creep is built like a medium/heavy armour class while freeps have tons of easy targets. I would love to see a glass cannon creep some day. Also, I'd be happy to see the mordirith brand go bye bye. Other than that, things are pretty darn good out there right now, imo.

  17. #242
    Quote Originally Posted by Felajarko View Post
    You may want to loosen the creep goggles a bit, they are cutting off the blood flow to your brain. I am not going to argue that freeps were OP prior to RoR, and creeps are getting a taste of what freeps had. But the pendulum has swung too far. maybe instead of taunting like freeps did, creeps could be a bit bigger about things. Otherwise creeps will get hit hard by the nerf bat. Its easy to say "Suck it up freeps! Sucks don't it?" But do creeps really want to go back to pre ROI days? Do you really want to be punching bags again? I know I don't.
    Oh look, another freep poster who wants to start off with a petty personal attack rather than State what his issue with the game is.


    It would better help your cause to actually word out what your problem with the creepside is right now, so that the devs can fix that area up and try to make PvMP better for both sides, rather than demand a blanket nerf across the entire opposition just to make it easier for your side. Drop the empty threats and post actual facts on whats, in your opinion, causing you grief.

    And as I truly cant be bothered enough to argue bout a concept that some people seem to only (purposefully) misconstrue, I am going to stop posting in the thread or replying anymore to obvious hate bait, since I could construct walls upon walls of posts and some people would still fight back just for the sake. Not in the mood to receive another warning either, so I will stop now.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d216000000002435/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  18. #243
    I'm pretty much along the same line of thought as Gil posted above. As far as balance right now is probably the most balanced (when there's equal numbers) the PvMP aspect of the game has ever been. Mordies brand definitely needs some work, it needs to have it's cool down extended and share a cool down with other brands or be taken out of the game entirely. Right now it's probably the most op item that's ever been in the game.

    The other thing is the ren/inf coms buffs, right now it's a bit ridiculous on 'most' servers. Either adjust the buffs to have severe diminishing returns, or have the auto flip timers adjusted according to how many buffs are present on any given side. IE if one side has all the gain buffs cause stuff to start auto flipping. 1st flip after five minutes, 2nd after 10, 3rd after 20 until buffs are even again or reasonably close. One quick look through the charts on Black Appendage shows that right now the gain is skewed horribly on most servers.

    At release I thought that the out post buffs could use some tweaking, diminishing returns there still isn't a bad idea. The biggest pita concerning them though is the constant having to run around and flip the damn things. I prefer to pvp in a pvp zone, even if at times I do suck at it.

    Anyway I remain optimistic that the devs are paying attention to the metrics and are working on tweaks.

    Oh one other thing, if you are leading raids and you are steam rolling the opposing side, take the high road, disband your raid and form some small groups. Small group fights out there are some of the most fun you can have. Both sides should practice this, it really keeps the fights going longer on medium and smaller pop servers.

  19. #244
    Quote Originally Posted by Yagashura View Post
    since I barely play on either sides anymore.
    Which makes me wonder how you know all these "ez-moders"

    There is no class that is so good in and of itself, that without a skilled player behind it and good gear will still manage to steamroll creeps. I think you are deliberatley misconstruing ez-moders with good players. Sorry my friend, doesn't work that way.

    I dont care what class people play after an update, because if they have the class, max the level and gear it then they put the time in. They paid their dues and it is theirs to play. If you have the toons maxed to the point where you can switch to a FOTM class then more power to you. That takes a ton of work and dedication to keep up. Oh no, somebody took their LM to the Moors! Must be an ez-moder.... or maybe they heard LM was fun now, and decided to give it a try.

    FOTM classes only serve to give points to the other side. If people want to rage against ez-moders they should complain about any sore bought items/skills on freep/creep.

    I dont worry about classes, i worry about good players.

    Ummm nope nothing crashed down. Lo siento.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/012030100001cd146/signature.png]Chaoticevil[/charsig]

  20. #245
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    940
    Quote Originally Posted by Yagashura View Post
    Oh look, another freep poster who wants to start off with a petty personal attack rather than State what his issue with the game is.


    It would better help your cause to actually word out what your problem with the creepside is right now, so that the devs can fix that area up and try to make PvMP better for both sides, rather than demand a blanket nerf across the entire opposition just to make it easier for your side. Drop the empty threats and post actual facts on whats, in your opinion, causing you grief.

    And as I truly cant be bothered enough to argue bout a concept that some people seem to only (purposefully) misconstrue, I am going to stop posting in the thread or replying anymore to obvious hate bait, since I could construct walls upon walls of posts and some people would still fight back just for the sake. Not in the mood to receive another warning either, so I will stop now.

    For your information, I am a creep supporter and have been for a long long time. I yelled for balance and called down freeps pre RoR. And there are no empty threats. Freeps will cry and cry until creeps are nerfed back to the stone age. I am sorry you are too thick headed to see that. I played creepside when it was weak and I am playing freeside, even though creeps have the advantage right now. I don't want to see a nerf to creeps, but it will come. Creep heals are phenominal right now. The outpost situation is interesting, but only favors the side that is already in control. And if you actually played instead of beinf a forum warrior, you might see that generally creeps hold the map, giving them outpost bonuses. When the creeps switch over to their freeps, they change it back. That tactic has never changed.

    I'm sorry your goggles are too tight to see the facts and your eyes are only filled with creep revenge. But when the pendulum swings back, they will be filled with tears instead. It needs to swing just a little, not a huge swing that knocks people out of the way.

  21. #246
    Its balanced, but after 5 unbalanced years, Creeps seem OP dont worry, we freeps will get used to it.
    Feailuve - Aeviternus - Vesanus
    Brandywine

    The important thing about life is the struggle, not the triumph... Said no winner ever.

  22. #247
    Quote Originally Posted by l4j View Post
    ...the mechanical balance between the sides is much better than it was during RoI and, in some cases, is as good as it's been since they've been playing...
    Really? Ok, my turn to challenge! By better mechanics you mean, like, autoflipping of keeps? Sure, yeah, that's soooo much better than creeps/freeps actually taking something. See prior to RoR when our chat windows told us a keep flipped to one side or the other everyone knew where to go to find the enemy. But now...when a keep flips folks don't venture far...they just ask in chat "Was that an autoflip?" "Any creeps out?"

    I do not need more evidence than autoflipping to tell me the devs don't have a clue what they are doing and have done with The Moors. By their way of thinking (when one goes back to the Dev Diaries that is) weren't these New Moors supposed to reduce the PvE in hopes of increasing the PvMP. Hmmm, what's next? The Moors play themselves?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c214000000088c18/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  23. #248
    If the mordirith brand goes away i want to see a creep class being able to be a stun immunity dispenser.
    Also turbine won't, imagen all the people who opened +10 boxes and paid TP for it asking for refunds because the item they obtained out of it is being taken out, you would see rampage on the forums, not to mention potential people saying this is the last straw and quit the game.
    Using the alternative way would also mean investing money and losing money.....

    Ex
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c000000241100/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  24. #249
    Quote Originally Posted by MTminas View Post
    If the mordirith brand goes away i want to see a creep class being able to be a stun immunity dispenser.


    Ex
    If all mords brand did was give stun immunity it wouldn't be an op item. As for the rest of your post which I excluded from the copy mords brand won't be the first op item in the game to catch a nerf. Judging by the server I play on though Turbine is raking in the dollars for keys this weekend. lol

 

 
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload