We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: final straw

Angry final straw

I know I'm just going to get the same old, learn to play your toon bile, but thats ok, the moors has finally been totaly messed up, creeps have been givin three times most peoples health, and massive dps, and massive evade, and massive crowd control. Creeps should, if they care anything about the game, be the first to say that this is true and too much, sooner or later the only freeps that they will be killin are super die hards and noobs. I have talked to many people who have told me that they have purchested GW2 after seeing how the moors has been ruined after this last farce. I personally have been going to the moors for over five years, even I am considering a new game. Well guess you can put down your twinkie, and hunker down in your parents basement and buffet me with your abusive putdowns, but all who are honest know that the moors is on the way out.

Almost 2 weeks into the expansion and still maintaining a GV camp on a constant basis on multiple servers, I can easily say this has been the worst pvp expansion up to date.

From the perspective of a zergling, this is the greatest pvp expansion, I can finally make a considerable amount goldtagging and zerging solos is the easiest it's ever been.
    Massterchief
    Arbitter
    Starfoxx

Quote Originally Posted by whiteavenger View Post
    I know I'm just going to get the same old, learn to play your toon bile, but thats ok, the moors has finally been totaly messed up, creeps have been givin three times most peoples health, and massive dps, and massive evade, and massive crowd control. Creeps should, if they care anything about the game, be the first to say that this is true and too much, sooner or later the only freeps that they will be killin are super die hards and noobs. I have talked to many people who have told me that they have purchested GW2 after seeing how the moors has been ruined after this last farce. I personally have been going to the moors for over five years, even I am considering a new game. Well guess you can put down your twinkie, and hunker down in your parents basement and buffet me with your abusive putdowns, but all who are honest know that the moors is on the way out.
    My mother is near 80 I moved out of her basement many, many years ago. Im not going to tell you to learn to play, Im going to tell you to suck it up. Creeps had to after ROI, remember the massive DPS freeps were dealing out and our broken mits?

Didnt see freeps lining up in outrage, care to link us to a thread where the freeps, who cared anything about the game came out and demanded a change? I dont care if freeps have a miserable horrific time in the moors, no empathy from me what so ever. A lot of creeps already got GW2 because it sucked creepside, getting wiped over and over by OP freeps wasnt a good time.

Or did you forget the wardens that could tank OP's and keeps solo? How about those mini's who could run around with 5 creeps on them laughing while self healing and DPSing thousands of damage? Forgot about the epic epic conclusions from the crit machines RK? How about the YEARS of OP the chain stunning burgs had.

Now its flipped a little (maybe, we'll see in a few months) and the freeps are crying about it. BOO HOO you poor thing, see you in gw2 in WvWvW. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Thorgrum View Post
    Or did you forget the wardens that could tank OP's and keeps solo?
    OPs could be solo'd by weavers wargs, defilers, Wls. Isen could also be solo'd by a WL provided he had the time. If your basis for why said class is OP has anything to do with PvE feats, then you have little-no grasp of PvP balance or mechanics.

How about those mini's who could run around with 5 creeps on them laughing while self healing and DPSing thousands of damage?
    A mini could never outheal 5 good creeps pre-patch.
    Last edited by Priestetute; Oct 28 2012 at 12:57 AM.
    Massterchief
    Arbitter
    Starfoxx

Didnt see freeps lining up in outrage, care to link us to a thread where the freeps, who cared anything about the game came out and demanded a change? I dont care if freeps have a miserable horrific time in the moors, no empathy from me what so ever. A lot of creeps already got GW2 because it sucked creepside, getting wiped over and over by OP freeps wasnt a good time.
    Pretty much sums up majority of creepsides attitude right now. I find the attitude shift about balance, rather than the fact more freeps are complaining the greatest irony. Great integrity you creep fella's you!

Regards to your first comment, some of us said things but didn't demand changes, hence the threads were all made by creeps.
    White men weren't the ones leading the civil rights movement, but there were white supporters.

...Creeps had to after ROI, remember the massive DPS freeps were dealing out and our broken mits?...
    I remember many creeps that stopped playing till they got an update and some never came back.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/132130000000407a2/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Thought often gets in the way of truth. Pain clears the mind of thought.
    But all thoughts free our mind, and let the truth make itself known.

Can yall stop replying to him? I cant see what you post cause I have that troll on ignore
    Mirkwoodian - Savior of the Ettenmoors

Squishy sacrificial tank 2012ish

if the freeps get organized, they can do very well. this take a leader, and troops to follow that leader. simple facts about freepside are, most of you play what ever class is op at the time to solo with, you dont take orders or defeat well. freeps make simple mistakes and got away with it for years, outrunning healers to kill a war-leader with no cc just to sprint away. your leaders all left game because they were under utilized. now the game has changed, and the creeps who have stayed have dealt with your classes under matched for the past year or so, now our flanks are more explosive, you feel out focus fire even more. you movement is lax, as your healing rune keepers could heal through anything, and your slow to react. your situational awareness is nonexistent, and your focus is minimal at best. all the years you have relied on have an advantage 100% of the time have not been good to you.

my advice? get in a group, learn to follow, learn to focus, learn to move.
    Garamburn
    burtnakh of Elendilmir"Freeps I hate you all, your very presence in the Moors sickens me."

I think I've head all this from you before, in a thread you started called "Moors no More".

Just went to see how it was, come on get real, 16,000 point reavers, 13,000 point BA's, with no signicant upgrade for certain classes. I know what response this will get, so don't bother tryin to browbeat me, the MOORS has been screwed up, time after time. Listen closely LOTRO, you are going to lose your base players because of your screwing up pvp, I know you realy don't care, and you think you are invulnerable to the individual player, but those of us who have stuck with you for 4.5 years are very dissipointed in your messing up the only thing that makes LOTRO fun..pvp.
    That quote is from Oct, 2011. It came during a time when Freeps were arguably in the strongest place they have been since Book 6 SOA. You however thought it to prudent to start QQing about OP Creeps.

Should I also link your words of wisdom in a thread titled " PvP is now seriously unbalanced, Turbine please fix."? It's ironic because PvP was seriously unbalanced and funny because it was in fact the Freeps who were quite OP.

You actually made a comment saying "Reavers were too strong" last book :/

So given that you were clearly struggling to PvP and threatening to leave the game at a time when Freeps had never had it so good. I'm not surprised at all by your new claims and threats.

I hope this time you aren't as spectacularly wrong as you were 12 months ago but I am 100% sure of this; From what I've seen from some Freeps already fighting and winning easily with 4 red OP's, low audacity and &&&&ty weapons, Freeps will be farm from under powered this book.

Gramburn has it spot on; Freep side has become bloated and lazy. Turbines failures in the past have created a Freep side overflowing with "solo gods" and groups that have played sloppy PvP and still succeeded simply because, as the Dev's themselves stated, Creeps are out gunned and out healed by the Freeps.

There is some 'fat' to be trimmed from freep side now for sure. And why shouldn't there be?
    Last edited by ksjock; Oct 28 2012 at 07:03 AM.
    "the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best" - Henry VanDyke

Quote Originally Posted by searingskitso View Post
    simple facts about freepside are, most of you play what ever class is op at the time
    I'm just browsing the thread out of curiosity, but this comment made me chuckle. Not sure about other servers, but the one I play on there is a "mysteriously" very large number of new spiders running around. Wonder why...

Creeps were auto leveled and geared with ROR while at the same time we reached 85 with weak gear. It will take us a while to catch back up to a competitive level with the creeps, by that time we may get our instance cluster that will include a whole new level of gear. If creeps get nerfed now, in what may be their only update till the next expansion, then they may become under par after the instance pack. I don't deny it's rough out there, but I think we should wait a little longer.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/022040000000c7eb3/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

Data Suggests Radical Imbalance with Creep Advantage

Quite apart from the personal opinions and anecdotes articulated above the server data collected by Surugi appears to suggest a distinct and growing creep advantage ever since the RoR release. Infamy vs. commendation ratios of 3 or 4 to 1 across all servers would be expected the first few days after a release, but it is troubling to see those ratios continue nearly two week out. If balance is the intended goal then this metric is most worrisome. I hope to see less imbalance over the next two weeks even though the data is trending in the opposite direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Armitas View Post
    Creeps were auto leveled and geared with ROR while at the same time we reached 85 with weak gear. It will take us a while to catch back up to a competitive level with the creeps, by that time we may get our instance cluster that will include a whole new level of gear. If creeps get nerfed now, in what may be their only update till the next expansion, then they may become under par after the instance pack. I don't deny it's rough out there, but I think we should wait a little longer.
    Totally agree. We're not doing that bad out there as long as we group. I'm liking the changes so far, for the most part. I sure as hell wouldn't want Turbine to pull out the nerf bat and start whacking away at creeps only a couple of weeks into the release.

simple facts about freepside are, most of you play what ever class is op at the time to solo with, you dont take orders or defeat well. .
    I had to chuckle at this because I'm sure no ones noticed the increased number of spiders and reavers in the moors with a notable decrease in wargs. /sarcasm

At least thats how it is on my server..
    Amestoplease, Rk
    Ambusher, Warg

Quote Originally Posted by Ames View Post
    I had to chuckle at this because I'm sure no ones noticed the increased number of spiders and reavers in the moors with a notable decrease in wargs. /sarcasm

At least thats how it is on my server..
    Simple facts about creepside are exactly the same. Seriously, it's something both sides are guilty of just as much as the other.

Quote Originally Posted by ksjock View Post
    Gramburn has it spot on; Freep side has become bloated and lazy. Turbines failures in the past have created a Freep side overflowing with "solo gods" and groups that have played sloppy PvP and still succeeded simply because, as the Dev's themselves stated, Creeps are out gunned and out healed by the Freeps.
    Really? If you count solo as a horde of players walking after the highest rank and obeying their every ooc whim, while alt-tabbing to whatever target they post in ooc/pressing 1, 2, 3 on the closest or most threatening target, then yes. There was a lot of lazy solo gods who played sloppy and succeeded because of imbalance.

If not, then there was never really any solo players during RoI, and you would be a fool to classify what little players who did engage in the playstyle under that disgusting banner.
    Last edited by Untg99; Oct 28 2012 at 08:30 AM.

So let me get this straight:

After 2 years (as I've said in previous posts, probably more but thats how long ive been here) of being on the short end of the stick, being told the L2p, and being told that nothing is wrong with PvP, we should:
    1. Feel sorry for you?
    2. Complain to Turbine that you are underpowered?
    3. Complain to Turbine that we are OP and ask for a nerf?

Lol

The only advice I have to give is to wait awhile. The update is still rather new. Give it time. Grind Aud and get all the new gear.
    I've been at the mercy of men just following orders. Never again.

if the freeps get organized, they can do very well. this take a leader, and troops to follow that leader. simple facts about freepside are, most of you play what ever class is op at the time to solo with, you dont take orders or defeat well. freeps make simple mistakes and got away with it for years, outrunning healers to kill a war-leader with no cc just to sprint away. your leaders all left game because they were under utilized. now the game has changed, and the creeps who have stayed have dealt with your classes under matched for the past year or so, now our flanks are more explosive, you feel out focus fire even more. you movement is lax, as your healing rune keepers could heal through anything, and your slow to react. your situational awareness is nonexistent, and your focus is minimal at best. all the years you have relied on have an advantage 100% of the time have not been good to you.

my advice? get in a group, learn to follow, learn to focus, learn to move.
    Couldn't agree more. The difference in the previous update between a bad and a good creep raid leader was huge. There was no way of having even a slight possibility to fight equally if the leader didn't know when to push and when not to, and if people didn't follow RAT 100% of the time.
    On the other hand, even a poor raid leader on freep side could get easy wins, even with freeps just spamming attacks on what ever they wanted to.
    The simple fact was, that freeps could still win with a keep-full of NPC:s on them against a creep raid, creeps did not have that luxury. They still try this, as adjusting to new tactics and strategies takes time.

One very important thing to note is, that creeps required (not just needed) 2 healers in every group to be viable, where freeps could go with one Captain in each group and still pull it out. Also creeps had to learn to move, because being concentrated on meant death almost with 100% surety.

The playing field is now more even, and what determines if a side wins has more to do with player skill. Creeps are easier to learn because of their limited amount of different skills and builds. With the same amount of learning, a freep doesn't come even close to it's full potential. I'm not saying creeps are good and freeps are bad players, but that both sides can be great with enough dedication. There are more than enough examples of this.

TL;DR: The good and amazing freeps still win like before (and this will be especially true when they get their gear set up), the average and bad get killed eventually (still not in seconds like Reavers did before RoR, and still do if at low rank without Audacity. Actually all low rank creeps did...). And this is how it should be. Same goes the other way around.
    Bravery calls my name, in the sound of the wind in the night. My sword will drink blood, and I will fight, yes I will fight, in the Dawn of Battle!
    - Manowar, Dawn of Battle

Currently snooping around the back yard. ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by Henshaw135 View Post
    Couldn't agree more. The difference in the previous update between a bad and a good creep raid leader was huge. There was no way of having even a slight possibility to fight equally if the leader didn't know when to push and when not to, and if people didn't follow RAT 100% of the time.
    On the other hand, even a poor raid leader on freep side could get easy wins, even with freeps just spamming attacks on what ever they wanted to.
    The simple fact was, that freeps could still win with a keep-full of NPC:s on them against a creep raid, creeps did not have that luxury. They still try this, as adjusting to new tactics and strategies takes time.

One very important thing to note is, that creeps required (not just needed) 2 healers in every group to be viable, where freeps could go with one Captain in each group and still pull it out. Also creeps had to learn to move, because being concentrated on meant death almost with 100% surety.

The playing field is now more even, and what determines if a side wins has more to do with player skill. Creeps are easier to learn because of their limited amount of different skills and builds. With the same amount of learning, a freep doesn't come even close to it's full potential. I'm not saying creeps are good and freeps are bad players, but that both sides can be great with enough dedication. There are more than enough examples of this.

TL;DR: The good and amazing freeps still win like before (and this will be especially true when they get their gear set up), the average and bad get killed eventually (still not in seconds like Reavers did before RoR, and still do if at low rank without Audacity. Actually all low rank creeps did...). And this is how it should be. Same goes the other way around.
    Well said, the both of you (you and searingskitso). Freeps have already started doing well here over on Snowbourn, I simply can not wait until more of them level and get the gear they desire.
    Last edited by Muzzard; Oct 28 2012 at 10:00 AM.
    [CENTER][SIZE=3][B][COLOR=#ff0000]
    [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=#ff8c00]Muzzard[/COLOR][B][COLOR=#ff0000]

[/COLOR][/B][COLOR=#ffffff][U][SIZE=2]Warriors of the Great Eye[/SIZE][/U][/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]

Predictable responses. Creeps have always seen themselves as more skilled but the reality is their classes were never as gimped as the Creep Support Nation made them out to be. Now they've been bumped significantly and the results were beyond predictable. The basic problem is they still have numbers and will always have numbers (which was the original design intent - freeps stronger, creeps more numerous). Now they have both. The other problem is creeps have always had more than their share of too-good-to-die types that expect the fight to always come to them where they have an advantage and I have no doubt whatsoever those players will continue to play as if they're the underdogs.

I played creep predominantly over the last year or two but I have no interest in easymode so I'll be shelving my creeps for a bit and waiting to see when it's worth coming out on freepside. I have a feeling it will be a long wait.

Quote Originally Posted by ksjock View Post
    I think I've head all this from you before, in a thread you started called "Moors no More".

That quote is from Oct, 2011. It came during a time when Freeps were arguably in the strongest place they have been since Book 6 SOA. You however thought it to prudent to start QQing about OP Creeps.

Should I also link your words of wisdom in a thread titled " PvP is now seriously unbalanced, Turbine please fix."? It's ironic because PvP was seriously unbalanced and funny because it was in fact the Freeps who were quite OP.

You actually made a comment saying "Reavers were too strong" last book :/

So given that you were clearly struggling to PvP and threatening to leave the game at a time when Freeps had never had it so good. I'm not surprised at all by your new claims and threats.

I hope this time you aren't as spectacularly wrong as you were 12 months ago but I am 100% sure of this; From what I've seen from some Freeps already fighting and winning easily with 4 red OP's, low audacity and &&&&ty weapons, Freeps will be farm from under powered this book.

There is some 'fat' to be trimmed from freep side now for sure. And why shouldn't there be?
    Pretty Much This.

If you couldn't cut it in RoI as a freep, then you only had yourself to blame.

Even my Signature is trolling!

Quote Originally Posted by Untg99 View Post
    Pretty much sums up majority of creepsides attitude right now. I find the attitude shift about balance, rather than the fact more freeps are complaining the greatest irony. Great integrity you creep fella's you!

Regards to your first comment, some of us said things but didn't demand changes, hence the threads were all made by creeps.
    White men weren't the ones leading the civil rights movement, but there were white supporters.
    Creeps cried and cried, you wont get any denial from me on that, however I dont recall much in the way of freeps carrying the flag for change. I recall them being very content with the status quo thats why I find the tears now absolutely entertaining (the reason why I am here) and why I will bath in them and enjoy the anquish.

Integrity and civil rights? Its a video game Untug, please...

Love how people are already QQing w/o freeps being geared up and being able to break out of the GV camp...

Hint: You can't kill lvl 85 creeps on your lvl 75 freeps (at least most of you can't).
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420801000011a1c9/signature.png]Feelmybite[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Priestetute View Post
    OPs could be solo'd by weavers wargs, defilers, Wls. Isen could also be solo'd by a WL provided he had the time. If your basis for why said class is OP has anything to do with PvE feats, then you have little-no grasp of PvP balance or mechanics.
    You pontificating to people about what grasp they may or may not have is absolutely hysterical. of course you did read what you were replying too right? Understood the context etc. I had a nice insult ready, but I dont think that highly of you to warrant the effort. I think Ill slap you on ignore, I know you will be crushed.

A mini could never outheal 5 good creeps pre-patch.
    I didnt say they could did I?

How about those mini's who could run around with 5 creeps on them laughing while self healing and DPSing thousands of damage?
    Light armored healing class in an MMO can and did run around with 5 very good creeps on them, self healing and outputting serious dps. The mini should have dropped in seconds, they didnt and still dont. I dont know if they were laughing, that I embelished but ive watched multiple "good creeps" hitting a mini on riddermark post ROI and the mini stayed up a long, long time. Unlike some on that server I dont have a dossier full with vids and pics. Others take the game very seriously, but I didnt imagine it.

Creeps cried and cried, you wont get any denial from me on that, however I dont recall much in the way of freeps carrying the flag for change. I recall them being very content with the status quo thats why I find the tears now absolutely entertaining (the reason why I am here) and why I will bath in them and enjoy the anquish.
    ^This.
    I've been at the mercy of men just following orders. Never again.

I would +rep. you a hundred times for that, if I could do so.

Borgrimm, Lvl 105 Guardian
    Baugleif, Lvl 85 Rune-Keeper

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast