We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Crashes to desktop. seriously turbine?

Come on guys, I've been a fan of Turbine since the AC1 beta. Tired of WoW, came over to give LOTRO a try!

Looks great! Start off in the noob area, get a few quests...boom! Crash right to desktop.
    Log back in, play for five min...boom!
    Third time's the charm...boom!
    What the flying blueberry fudgemuffins?

Win7 64, AMD A6, 4G RAM, Radeon 6520.

This is not the way to attract new players.

This problem just came with RoR... trust me, LOTRO's not always this bad.

If you're running something other than dx9, switch to dx9. They say they fixed problems around that, but... something to try out anyways.

If that doesn't work, try muting ingame sound and see how that does it for you.

Best of luck.

RIP ELENDILMIR • Jingle Jangle
    Landroval
    : LAERLIN (Bio + Drawings) • LAERWEN • OLORIEL • AETHELIND (Bio + Drawing) • NETHAEL

also make sure you uninstall pado media booster and happy cloud...

they cause alot of issues

also make sure you uninstall pado media booster and happy cloud...

they cause a lot of issues

w0rd

Appreciate the suggestions, guys, but this one's on turbine. They know better. No, Turbine, I'm not going to edit the source code in command.com to get your game to run. I'll check back after the next patch. Rock on, fellow gamers!

Rather than make a new post on the same issue, I've finally got back ingame after a 3-4 week layoff.

4 crashes to desktop in 1 hr. To be 'safe' went back to Dx9 and uninstalled PMB. Had zero issues before.

C'est la vie. eh?
    [center][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000000bbae9/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    What I type here, is only so I don't get banned. What I really think goes [url=www.aoeworth.blogspot.com]here[/url].
    [/center]

Crashing to the desktop SOLVED!

I was having the same problem. Here is the easiest fix, EVER!

Delete the game! Wait! Bear with me a second, delete the game and install it from Steam!

Every fix I tried from memory allocations to graphics dumbing down all resulted in continual crashing to the DT. Since installing from Steam I have had ZERO issues with the game and can run any graphics settings I want.

Your welcome.