We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

How does one get a War steed Plain no frosting

I am lvl 54 perhaps to low.. although I was told by other players not. I am in Moria finally and it seems my current mount is not useable. Ok I have run myself ragged trying to buy a war steed the store steeds are to fancy. it there a stable or place one goes besides the market in Bree( cant remember her name just now ) or the farm Hegstacher to purchase a war steed???? I really don't want to run all over Moria or maybe I need a goat either way is the store the only way to get one???

I believe you recieve a goat with doing the quests in Moria, do you have the quest pack?
    Goats are the only mount able to travel in Moria. You can buy two different goats, a fast and a slow one from the different Iron Garrison factions. Or you can look for a cooler goat in the Lotro Store. Thorin's Hall has a goat and the Ale Association has one too, but they require Reputation.

War-steeds are not available until Rohan, which doesn't matter, because you can't ride them in Moria =)
    You need a Goat for Moria, The first section of non-epic quests should provide you with a slow one.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Simple answer

You cannot BUY a war-steed

You are given a War-Steed for completing the quest line in Rohan at level 74 starting at Langhold

For free-roaming Mounted Travel in Moria you need a Goat

You can purchase a Goat from the Moria Rep Guys in the 21st Hall

ALL other Mounts are normal horses/ponies available from Hengstacer Farm or from the Store
    Some are available at the Rep Vendors in each area
    A cpl are rewarded for completing Special Deeds
    and 1 is awarded for completing ALL of Vol 1 Epic

Horses and Ponies are not allowed in Moria
    Apparently the Dwarves don't like 'em
    HAF-X | ROG Crosshair V Formula Z | AMD FX 9370 4.4Ghz Black | 32Gb RAM | R9 290 4Gb (x2) | LG BD-RE | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO 550/540 SSD | Win10 Pro | WEI - 8.5

Quote Originally Posted by Malindruel View Post

You are given a War-Steed for completing the quest line in Rohan at level 74 starting at Langhold

Horses and Ponies are not allowed in Moria
    Apparently the Dwarves don't like 'em
    The quest for a war-steed is lvl 76, so you could acquire it as soon as lvl 71 (i did with my Guard)

Horses and ponies arent allowed in moria for reasons of Lore. The Fellowship had to leave their pony outside moria because it would have refused to follow them into the dark gloom. For this reason, goats were implemented as mounts to maintain concordance with lore.
    [img]http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/wsiga.php/5963476wyBkd.png[/img]

Warsteeds are later (and unusable in Moria) as stated above.
    Goats are for Moria.
    A) There is an early mission from the small group in the hallway between Dolven threshold & Dolven view. One of those few early quests provides a slow but free goat.
    B)Get Thorin's rep Kindred (Sarnur suggested) and 5G for a faster goat. Available at Thorins or from Moria guys.
    Last edited by Krysstofur; Jul 10 2013 at 03:11 PM.

Reme
    mber, it is a game.

To call and mount the war-steed, you need this item:
    http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Item:War-steed
    It is a quest reward and cannot be obtained earlier. Fighting enemies from the warsteed's back can also only be done in the Rohan/Wildermore region and no place else.
    Caputo - Burglar | Drugar - Champ | Wislingard - Warden | Xenilinex - Hunter | Tonenas - RK | Rhichard - CAP

Quote Originally Posted by Devinish View Post
    The quest for a war-steed is lvl 76, so you could acquire it as soon as lvl 71 (i did with my Guard)
    Technically true, though I think the person you quoted was referring to the actual quest you receive. If you get your war-steed before receiving the quest, you can never complete that quest, and that quest is an automatic one as soon as you hit lvl 74.
    R5 100 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 100 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/100 HNT Dinenol/100 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/35 WDN Godoric
    R9 100 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

Quote Originally Posted by Krysstofur View Post
    Warsteeds are later (and unusable in Moria) as stated above.
    Goats are for Moria.
    A) There is an early mission from the small group in the hallway between Dolven threshold & Dolven view. One of those few early quests provides a slow but free goat.
    B)Get Thorin's rep Kindred (Sarnur suggested) and 5G for a faster goat. Available at Thorins or from Moria guys.
    Also, if you're really lucky, at a festival you might find a treasure-laden goat (which is fast, too)!

Quote Originally Posted by Moskvich View Post
    Also, if you're really lucky, at a festival you might find a treasure-laden goat (which is fast, too)!
    The treasure-laden goat is only available from the Treasure Hunt event, as far as I know. So not just "a" festival, but that particular one.

There are also two different goats available from completing epic deeds, but I'm not sure if that's level-appropriate for the OP.

I'm also kinda curious as to who was cruel enough to tell the OP that they needed a war-steed in order to traverse Moria. That wasn't very nice.
    Angeleen - 85 Hunter * Conall - 85 Lore-master * Sevastian - 85 Hunter * Cadphel - 76 Minstrel * Raury - 76 Captain * Landroval Server

You are in luck, you dont need a warsteed for Moria, but a goat if you want fast travel there. Added to all the previosly mentioned before you can get the Farmer festival goat (can't recall its name) & at the store you can get the Dusky Nimblefoot Goat & the Fleet-footed Goat.
    Is this Alternate Playable Character Disorder? :

Check my Kinship at Gladden server: The Fate of Middle Earth

Quote Originally Posted by Moskvich View Post
    Ah yes, forgot the best one. At the treasure hunt festival, one can win (or token purchase for an absurd amount) the 68%+ speed treasure laden goat.

Reme
    mber, it is a game.