We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Yeah, Emblems are in the awkward situation of almost every Major legacy being a highly desirable pick while most of the Minors are pretty useless. Captain weapons have a much nicer mix, to the point that having only 3 majors on your weapon isn't a huge handicap.
    [b][SIZE=3][COLOR="#FFFFFF"]Cainwen Ciaphas[/COLOR][/SIZE][/b][COLOR="#C3C3C3"], Captain of Crickhollow, [url=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Literature/CiaphasCain]HERO OF MIDDLE EARTH[/url]!!!
    [i]I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered![/i] My opinions are my own![/color]

One more thing about Muster courage:

when solo healing something one of the possible problems are keeping your own morale up so when you really think about it MC c/d is, as i like to say, a better legacy for WoC than WoC cost and pulses combined :P.

Quote Originally Posted by ferrariroger View Post
    Seems very good, but your HoH emblem have 5 Major legacies. Is it possible, even with a 85 FA, to max it all?
    I am not sure if it is possible to max it all but even +7% instead of +10 (for example) is worth it. And it is really better then skip legacy because you cant max it imo.

My emblems will consist of the following, once I get a 2nd age to make one.
    () denotes if I add a 7th legacy.

Raiding/PvE
    Vocal Skills Healing
    Rally Cry CD
    Rally Cry Healing
    Melee Skills Healing
    Valiant Strike Healing
    Might
    (Vitality)
    *My current emblem, 75 1st age, is the same as the above except with Vitaly instead of VS Healing with only 6 legacies. Wouldn't be able to maximinze all these legacies, but as I see it the extra points left over added into VS is just a bonus as more points will be put into Melee Skills Healing first.

DPS/PvP
    Vocal Skills Healing
    Rally Cry CD
    Rally Cry Healing
    Muster Courage CD
    Shadow's Lament CD
    Melee Skills Healing
    (Might)
    *Again, my current is the same as above except with Might instead of Melee Skills Healing.

I also keep a swap/buff emblem which is why I don't have SoW on either of these emblems; for my playstyle, I maximize more by swapping gear/lis all the time.

My emblems are kind of similar legacy wise, however, the relics I put on each are vastly different, which is the main reason I roll with multiple emblems.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ee82ee][B]»Eaola R13 Captain«[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#ee82ee][B][I]»Acta Non Verba«[/I][/B][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#00ff00][B]»Smudgers R9 Warg«[I]»Stainless«[/I][/B][/COLOR]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by ferrariroger View Post
    Seems very good, but your HoH emblem have 5 Major legacies. Is it possible, even with a 85 FA, to max it all?
    With a Crystal of Remembrance, 4 majors is a given, 5 is fairly doable (need one from leveling + CoR). What you aren't going for is max on all, but the crucial majors maxed, then the rest at a fairly high rank.

Tactical Healing rank eats up a ton of points, so not maxing THAT out (if it's possible) might offer you better bang for the buck. You might be able to balance out melee and vocal skills healing with tactical healing rank such that it ends up being a wash for heal strength, yet gives you enough points to invest deeper in other legacies.
    Maley Oakensage, Captain of Landroval

Alas Elendilmir, may you *jingle jangle* forever in the Forgotten West

Steam: Almagnus1

Quote Originally Posted by Almagnus1 View Post
    Tactical Healing rank eats up a ton of points, so not maxing THAT out (if it's possible) might offer you better bang for the buck. You might be able to balance out melee and vocal skills healing with tactical healing rank such that it ends up being a wash for heal strength, yet gives you enough points to invest deeper in other legacies.
    Yeah, I usually ignore Tactical Healing until I've already maxed out my major percentage legacies. Definitely a better investment. I mean, Tactical Healing Rating just gets converted to a percentage anyway, but the ratings formula means that %/LP ratio is much lower than putting points into %Melee or %Vocal Healing.

At least, I assume so! Someone with more time to do a proper analysis should get on proving that.
    [b][SIZE=3][COLOR="#FFFFFF"]Cainwen Ciaphas[/COLOR][/SIZE][/b][COLOR="#C3C3C3"], Captain of Crickhollow, [url=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Literature/CiaphasCain]HERO OF MIDDLE EARTH[/url]!!!
    [i]I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered![/i] My opinions are my own![/color]

Given more time to experiment does anyone have any more thoughts on the Valiant Strike legacy vs Rally Cry Healing?

My current emblem is a 2nd age with 5 majors, all maxed except for one tier left on the Tactical Heal Rating (took a lot of RSoEs).

Now I have a 1st age with only 3 majors (will be 4 with a Crystal of Rememberance added) so I either have to use it as a buff emblem or drop one of my legacies.

If I recall it looks like the THR on a 1st age is about 5 points higher. Does that still equate to about 5%?

Can anyone direct me to a source on figuring out how Emblem's healing rating converts into percentage?

Its very old but I think this was the thread my brain was referencing: http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...Healing-Rating

Not sure if that ~1% holds up though. Ratings are tricky things.

Quote Originally Posted by Emachine View Post
    Given more time to experiment does anyone have any more thoughts on the Valiant Strike legacy vs Rally Cry Healing?
    I did some math pre-U10 on this. I used Hytbold Healer as my base set, since I felt this gave more heals in the long run over Perseverance in both trash and single-target than Perseverance did, and obviously focuses more on an even split between VS and RC, whereas Perseverance is obviously focused on RC spam and would obviously benefit more from the RC legacy over the VS legacy.

I added up the minimum and maximum heals for both VS and RC, assuming I could do four RCs and two VSs every minute. Providing I did my math correctly on this (which is unfortunately not a definite) I had no LIs equipped, so no legacy boosts to either skill, and I would have been HoH. After this, I then obtained two sets of numbers both assuming five majors total. RC cooldown, Vocal/Melee Skills healing, and tactical healing all maxed, and then RC legacy at 15% and VS at 7.75%, and VS at 10% and RC at whatever it was able to max at (which was most likely 7.75%, but again, I'm really bad at this). Based on the raw numbers, RC legacy maxed over VS legacy maxed gave slightly more healing, so I would assume that if you could only pick one, RC healing is still the better choice by a little.

Of course, if you have Perseverance I don't think it's any sort of contest at all.

Thanks for the breakdown. I kind of assumed it would be RC but was hoping for VS to win out as with this improved version it just feels new and shiny.

I've been using 2 Hele to heal 6 mans with as I don't PvP and don't have access to the Perseverance set.

To tack on another question: Does anyone have any current research as to how much Tactical Heal Rating affects healing? Another thread had mentioned that the difference between 2nd and 1st age items is pretty minimal in the RoR environment as opposed to RoI where there was as much a much larger discrepancy.

From what I have observed with the tactical healing rating, it affects the base healing score before all the multipliers and other stuff is added in, so more is always better.

As far as armor goes, I've been running around in 4 Hytbold Healer + 2 Perserverance and found that to be an excellent combination. For healing, I typically use Song Brother, so I actually booted SoW off of the healing emblem, so mine looks like:
    +VS Healing
    +Melee Skills Healing
    +Vocal Skills Healing
    +RC Cooldown
    +RC Healing
    -MC Cooldown
    +Might
    (I horked up the gold for a Crystal of Remembrance to pull off the 5 majors, you can also hork up ~1k TP for it too).

Something Inandout pointed out to me a good while back (well, on his captain), is that it is not optimal to max everything, but to max the critical stuff, and then keep the rest at about the same rank, so everything (overall) is better. Following that advice, with the above legacies, Tactical Healing Rating, MC Cooldown, and RC Cooldown are maxed, and everything else is at R7/R8 (with the might legacy largely being ignored), so the emblem is still really potent, even though it's only an 85 SA.
    Maley Oakensage, Captain of Landroval

Alas Elendilmir, may you *jingle jangle* forever in the Forgotten West

Steam: Almagnus1

Thinking about how often you use one skill is a good measure of how useful that skill will be in your main emblem/weapon.

I used to hate swapping emblems, until i put SoW inside an auto-repeat macro. After using that auto-repeat macro for a few days i realized that it was faster to manually swap. A swap every 2 minutes has not been a deal breaker, as now i can choose when to swap, since sometimes the auto-repeat macro come out in the most inconvenient situations.

MC cooldown is used less than SoW, so it would be a prime candidate for a swap emblem. But to make it worth this swap emblem should have VC healing to maximize SfW heals. The situations where a dedicated SfW emblem are used are rare enough that i feel that the emblem minor legacy could be replaced by a fate legacy.

The real problem with Captains emblems is that a good enough emblem must have at least 5 majors, sometimes 6 majors to be fully functional:
    +Melee Skills Healing \
    +VS Healing / we need these 2 together to optimize VS healing

+Vocal Skills Healing\
    +RC Cooldown \ we need all three to optimize RC
    +RC Healing /

In this situation the argument for SoW as a major on the main emblem becomes even more simple to acess: SoW takes an invaluable Malor Legacy spot on the emblem, and a min/maxer would spend more time and TP going for 6 majors.

if the captain still want SoW , or get unlucky with legacies and only has access to 4 majors, the least used one is VS.

I was soo unlucky at level 85 that my SA required a crystal of rememberance just to have 4 Majors. looking back i should have turned it in a swap emblem and grinded for the "perfect" emblem:

+VS Healing
    +Melee Skills Healing
    +Vocal Skills Healing
    -RC Cooldown
    +RC Healing
    -MC Cooldown
    -Shadow's Lament CD

But U10p2 come and now it is time to look for the perfect FA emblem.

Yeah, I'm kind of torn on an awesome second age with 5 majors or a workable 1st age with 4 majors (both after a crystal of remembrance).

I think by this point its a given that a main emblem will ideally include:
    RC Cooldown
    Melee Healing
    Vocal Healing
    RC Healing
    and VS Healing (unfortunately the one to get dropped with only 4 majors)

I guess I'll have to do some tests to see which emblem gives me the best total output for healing.

Update: Since my 2nd age had 2 crystals this might not be the same for everyone but when switching to a first age my THR went up about 5 points and the numbers on my tool tips went up about 6%.
    Last edited by Emachine; Mar 18 2013 at 12:57 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2