We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Cool New player looking for some friends lol, or people to give some pointers.

Sooo i'm new to LOTRO but i'm an experienced mmo player, played WoW for 2 years and a few other games on and off. I've been looking for a new mmo to play and i've heard realistically nothing but good reviews for LOTRO so i decided to choose this as my new home lulz.

Any ways i'm currently level 8 just started today and so far i haven't seen one other person online in the area i'm playing in and it's Really lonely (although i don't mind since i'm typically a solo player) but it seems to me this game has a really nice community (Forum wise) so here i am with my hand trying to reach out to some other players .

IGN: Zerksius

Hi there! Yeah I imagine the starter areas look a little lonely right now. The game just had a major expansion and everyone is on their mains learning mounted combat or levelling up to where they can try it. Give us a while to calm down and you'll see more folks in the starting area. I know I have a few characters that are sub 20 that are languishing right now.

My main is Wulfdred, and I am running through the new Rohan content right now. But if you see me online, send me a tell. If not, send me an ingame email. I'll send you some gear to make your starting out a little easier.

Meanwhile, you can check out the website for the kinship I belong to. http://www.guild-sanctuary.com/lotro...r.php?id=board Very fun, relaxed kin with friendly, helpful people. If you like what you see on our website, be sure to read the pledge (top left of the web page) and post an application to join. Make a note that you agree to the pledge. Sorry to have this "extra" step, but I think it makes a difference. The way I look at it, Sanctuary is the only kin I have joined with a Pledge and it's the only kin I really enjoy. I think there is a relationship in there somewhere. :-)

See you in game!

Welcome to middle Earth.
    I'm sure you have a good player pop. Just there probably way high lvl. Another can
    be depending on your reg. gaming time u may be at a low pop. time for your server.
    I'm sure in time we can help you get going and in good company.

Hey there, i know your pain! Im in the same boat, been really enjoying the game so far but yet to experience an instance as i have no one to play with either nor does there seem to be anyone around to join a kin or anything as i try work out exactly what i am doing. I fear by the time i start playing with other people i will suck so hard no one will wanna run anything with me anyway as i havent ran anything which is not solo haha

Welcome new players! Like what Coruven said a lot of players are running around parts of Rohan these days but I created a new toon over the weekend and there are still some people around Ered Luin. A lot of my toons are low level so they need some love but I'm also getting my main toon levelled up to 85 so that I can join the instances with my kin this time (I'm a slow leveller and missed out last time). My kin is pretty laid back and like Coruven's also there's a charter that members need to agree to which tends to keep things fairly peaceful, if you'd like feel free to check out the Sons of Gondor page.

Happy to group with people if I'm online, due to being in the +10GMT/UTC timezone I tend to miss the times when a lot of US players are around so got used to largely solo-ing. Not sure if you guys have seen it already but there's another thread from somebody trying to find people to level low toons with.
    [SIZE=3]Elendilmir[/SIZE]
    [B]AFK[/B]- Vanora 86 Hunter; Veraster 42 RK
    [B]Exile Inc[/B]- Calesse 31 Capt; Celda 30 LM
    Lone/storage toons-- Alegrya 33 Mini; Sneakali 18 Burg

hello there.

I have been playing for a little while and am going to start a kinship for new(er) players, who really want to experience and enjoy all aspects of the game up to the higher levels - rather than rush through it to end game. Any of you would be welcome to join, and I'm really into helping with all sorts of quests.

I have already encountered Beadie in-game with my lore master. He helped me out with a giant in Bree-Land. Hi, Beadie

I have several alts, my highest is lvl 32. Ideally the members would be new or returning players who enjoy Tolkien, mature, and from 1-30ish level.

My sister just joined up too, so that will be fun.

As soon as I have enough interested people I'll be able to go ahead with it.

If any of you are interested, please message Catharod in game and I'll friend you and prepare to go ahead with it. Just really waiting for my sister to appear in game so that I can get the ball rolling!

Sorry it took long to respond lol i forgot i posted this up but oh man ahah so i'm not alone, well anyways yeah thanks for the kinship offer guys. I've recently joined one but it seems to be inactive for the most part so i think i'll be leaving it soon. But for all the lower level players Add me : Zerksius

Don't be afraid to say what's up ahah i'm currently level 18 at the moment i'm sure you guys are probably higher level than me but i'll catch up ahah. I've been focusing on mastering each tier of crafting so i'll be leveling a bit slower. But either way lets all be friends

I made a new RK on the weekend and have been having heaps of fun with it running around Ered Luin, if you see Veraster around give me a yell. Other low-level toons I've got are Celda, Alegrya and Calesse. I tend to solo a lot but am always up for running around with others as long as they don't mind me stopping or veering away for ore mining.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Alegrya View Post
    I made a new RK on the weekend and have been having heaps of fun with it running around Ered Luin, if you see Veraster around give me a yell. Other low-level toons I've got are Celda, Alegrya and Calesse. I tend to solo a lot but am always up for running around with others as long as they don't mind me stopping or veering away for ore mining.
    zomg we're perfect for each other, lol jk but no really i do the same with ore mining ahah i'll add all your toon's lol.

I'm in the same boat, new player, don't know anybody here so nobody to play with, and I'm also lacking a Kinship. Feel free to add me in-game if you'd like I leveled a burglar to 13 before finally deciding on making a Warden my main, name is Solafide. Hope to see some of you in game!

welcome to middle-earth and to E!
    I'm rolling lowbies too, highest lvl 40 hobbit hunter but I've switched to my RK as "main"
    I'd love to help out, if in case tonight (in my time GMT +8, maybe around 10-ish?) you're in lone-lands or the barrows do send a tell(name below)
    my kin unfortunately is inactive, mostly on solo too, don't know if I can invite anyone
    btw, always join the glff channel so that you won't feel so 'alone'; the world chat helped me understand some jargons too
    [url]http://eternalno0b9aming.tumblr.com/[/url]

You know what we should do, BAND TOGETHER and create a new kinship lol.

Seriously though who's down?

Quote Originally Posted by Zerksius View Post

Haha, well, I'm down... having some people to play with is better than having nobody! Message me in-game if you'd like, toon I'll be playing on is named "Solafide" I'll be on in a bit after I go get a workout in at the gym.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerksius View Post

I'm pretty happy with my kinship and I like to keep some toons out of kinships for the days I'm feeling antisocial but still wanting to adventure in middle earth, yay introvert!

Quote Originally Posted by Alegrya View Post
    I'm pretty happy with my kinship and I like to keep some toons out of kinships for the days I'm feeling antisocial but still wanting to adventure in middle earth, yay introvert!
    ahah its okay i understand, i too am an introvert. But i realized every game i play i solo all the time, so i decided to make a change for LOTRO.

Hi folks.

I have noticed a couple of you in-game.

My sister and I have started a kinship for new(ish) players. It will be continually active. We only have a couple of members so far, but I have high hopes for it. Kinship name is Black Dog.

The idea is to really explore and enjoy LOTRO rather than rush through to the end, although of course we want to get there too.

If any of you are interested in an active, help-oriented kin, give me a message in-game. I play as Catharod, Maelgelir, Mogroot or Ceanadan. Yes, I am somewhat an alt addict.

You can usually find one of those characters online in the afternoon-evening Western Australian time. When we get more members, we should have more of a regular presence in the game. Hopefully we will get enough members before the game deletes the kinship!

My sister's toon name is Berendis. She is at level 14, but my highest character is 34. I've been levelling all my alts due to crafting needs, which is quite the grind.

So anyway, if you are interested, give us a shout in-game. Introverts welcome! I'm a bit of one myself, but don't be afraid to message me if you'd like some help with a quest. There seem to be quite a few decent gear rewards for low level characters from fellowship quests that nobody will help with! There's a Warg I'd quite like to kill in the North Downs, for instance.

Anyway, hope to see you in-game. Cheerio!

Quote Originally Posted by Langarato View Post
    Hi folks.

I have noticed a couple of you in-game.

My sister and I have started a kinship for new(ish) players. It will be continually active. We only have a couple of members so far, but I have high hopes for it. Kinship name is Black Dog.

The idea is to really explore and enjoy LOTRO rather than rush through to the end, although of course we want to get there too.

If any of you are interested in an active, help-oriented kin, give me a message in-game. I play as Catharod, Maelgelir, Mogroot or Ceanadan. Yes, I am somewhat an alt addict.

You can usually find one of those characters online in the afternoon-evening Western Australian time. When we get more members, we should have more of a regular presence in the game. Hopefully we will get enough members before the game deletes the kinship!

My sister's toon name is Berendis. She is at level 14, but my highest character is 34. I've been levelling all my alts due to crafting needs, which is quite the grind.

So anyway, if you are interested, give us a shout in-game. Introverts welcome! I'm a bit of one myself, but don't be afraid to message me if you'd like some help with a quest. There seem to be quite a few decent gear rewards for low level characters from fellowship quests that nobody will help with! There's a Warg I'd quite like to kill in the North Downs, for instance.

Anyway, hope to see you in-game. Cheerio!
    Ahh i see, i've took up the duty to create my own kinship :P We're Called Legion Of The Mavericks we have 20 players joined so far it's been quite active, but anyways yeah i think i've bought an item or two from you in the auction house from your catharod character haha. I've added all your alts hopefully we can play together in due time :] Currently level 24 just give me a hollaaaaaa.