We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Wardrobe Sale

Wardrobe Sale

The Wardrobe is on sale this week for 50% off, but last I heard it was still bugged, there were issues with Wardrobe sales not working, and VIPs in particular were warned not to use it. So are those bugs fixed now? Can we safely buy it during this sale?

I've been needing more wardrobe space for quite a while and have been waiting for a good sale like this to come along, but for it to finally come at a time that the wardrobe is bugged is confusing. Can I take advantage of this sale or not? (And if the answer is that no, VIPs should not buy wardrobe space now, then could you please repeat this sale as soon as the wardrobe is fixed?)

I would also love to know where things stand on this issue. How much total wardrobe space is currently meant to be available? My VIP account says I have 140 spaces, but that's because of the bug, right?

Would love to know if I can expand my closet!
    [SIZE=2]On Landroval: [COLOR=#ee82ee]Larhanya 85 Elf Hunter[/COLOR] ~ [COLOR=#ffa07a]Pimlia 75 Hobbit Minstrel[/COLOR] ~ [COLOR=#ee82ee]Rosimur 67 Dwarf Champion[/COLOR] ~ [COLOR=#ffa07a]Marithafled 76 Woman Warden[/COLOR] ~ [COLOR=#ee82ee]Mornuilos 38 Elf Rune-Keeper[/COLOR] ~ [COLOR=#ffa07a]Edeline 24 Woman Lore-Master[/COLOR] ~ [COLOR=#ee82ee]Dubrennil 85 Elf Guardian[/COLOR] ~ [COLOR=#ffa07a]Adanathriel 43 Woman Captain[/COLOR] ~ [COLOR=#ee82ee]Spinellina 24 Hobbit Burglar[/COLOR][/SIZE]

I'd also like to know. I don't have a wardrobe yet, but I'd like to get one during this sale as well as some upgrades for it.
    [center][size=1][img]http://i60.tinypic.com/2zrp7hi.jpg[/img]
    [u]ELENDILMIR[/u]: NIBENETH - LVL 85 ELF HUNTER // SILPHIUM - LVL 55 HOBBIT WARDEN[/size][/center]

The bug was that VIPs were granted 20 extra spaces that they should not have recieved.
    then when they bought the wardrobe spaces did not see the increase because they were already at the max.
    those spaces are being removed as of update 8.1 so if you actually want the increase buy it now while on sale so it will not be removed.

Max Space is 140 slots just because as VIP you still see it in the store do not believe you will recieve above 140 slots.

I have two accounts (both VIP).

One of them is currently showing 140 slots, but is apparently only supposed to be 120. There are no more upgrades available for that one. I believe the final two upgrades (from 120 to 130 slots, and from 130 to 140) are still removed from the Store due to the bug (which would make this a bad time to put them on sale ).

My second account currently shows 50 slots, but I think should be 30. That one does show the second wardrobe upgrade available for purchase. Since it's a VIP account and is showing an extra 20 slots, I'm not sure if it would be affected by the purchasing problems, or whether those only occur with the last two upgrades. (The complaints I've seen involved the final two upgrades before they were removed from the Store.) I think I can safely purchase the next few upgrades on this one (all but the last two that aren't available), but with a known bug involved in wardrobe purchases, I'm not confident enough of that to spend TP on it without a response from Turbine saying if it will work or not.

So in one case, I cannot buy any upgrades because of the bug, and in the other case, I'm not certain if I can safely buy upgrades due to the bug. (And in either case, I'm left wondering why they chose an item with purchasing bugs for their weekly special. This would be a great sale to have as soon as the problems are fixed, but not so much right now.)

Quote Originally Posted by Niwashi View Post
    I have two accounts (both VIP).

One of them is currently showing 140 slots, but is apparently only supposed to be 120. There are no more upgrades available for that one. I believe the final two upgrades (from 120 to 130 slots, and from 130 to 140) are still removed from the Store due to the bug (which would make this a bad time to put them on sale.
    I believe you are correct.
    I was trying to find the post thst explained it better but can not find it.
    What you just said sounds right to me since you jogged my memory.

I did know the VIPs got slots they were not supposed to and they are being removed in the future update that is in the known issues. There was a post by a blue name about it do not clerly remember if they said the increase had been pulled from the store or not but being that was what they did with the bag it makes sense.
    Does seem a bad time to put it on sale though with the issue at hand.

The thread you're talking about is just a few threads behind this
    http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?483624-Missing-Wardrobe-space

And yea ... putting the wardrobe sale for 50% is really rubbing it on our face if they are just going to remove the slots and not do the sale again after this is fixed
    Last edited by -Daimon-; Oct 26 2012 at 10:46 AM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c000000024dd3/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Author of [URL="http://www.lotrointerface.com/downloads/info133"]DaimonUI[/URL] · Member of [URL="http://www.moxguild.com"]The Shadows[/URL]

Turbine, what's the status on this? Today I went to the store to purchase some more wardrobe slots while they're on sale, but I currently can't because of the VIP wardrobe bug (nothing available). You planning on fixing it before or after the wardrobe slots return to full price?

Same here. I would like to buy more space.
    Classic case of left hand doesn't know what the right hand does.
    GMs know about the bug but the store managers don't.
    And as far as my experience with Turbine goes they won't put it on sale again after they have fixed it .
    L85: Rune-Keeper, Warden, Minstrel, Guardian, Hunter, Captain, Burglar, Lore-Master, Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Thoroval View Post
    Turbine, what's the status on this? Today I went to the store to purchase some more wardrobe slots while they're on sale, but I currently can't because of the VIP wardrobe bug (nothing available). You planning on fixing it before or after the wardrobe slots return to full price?
    I went into the store today to buy the wardrobe space but the item doesn't even show up because of the bug telling it I am already at max (140). Kind of odd they would put this sale in when this bug is a known issue. Conspiracy theory anyone?

I think they fixed A bug, but there seems to be another.

I HAD 120, bought 1 extra
    Then the bug hit me and I had 120 spaces, another wardrobe expansion still showed in the store.
    The expansion was removed from the shop.

today I have 130 slots, so that seems to be fixed
    But the expansion still won't show in the shop.

So the last couple wardrobe upgrades aren't showing up in the Store to even be available, but I'm still wondering whether the earlier upgrades, which are still in the Store, are safe to buy, or whether they're also affected by the bug if we have a VIP account with the extra (and apparently bugged) 20 slots. My secondary account that's currently showing 50 but should be 30 slots does have more wardrobe space showing up in the Store, and I'd really like an answer from Turbine before this sale is over regarding whether that's affected by the bugs or not.

It would be really infuriating if this isn't fixed before the sale is over... I'd really like to buy the last two slots and now I can't.

QuarterMasterL is offline The Lord of the Rings Online Team
    Turbine, Inc.
    All players should now be seeing the correct number of Shared Wardrobe offers in the store. If you don't see anything in the store, then you are most likely at the cap for the number of slots available and not eligible to purchase additional slots. If you have further questions, please please visit the Turbine Solution Center at http://www.turbine.com/support.

Just logged on. My Wardrobe still shows 120/140 slots and no extra slots are available in the Store.
    I'm VIP and I most certainly have NOT bought additional wardrobe slots with RoR update. My account, and my wardrobe, is still bugged.

UPD: Ticked submitted but the list of categories is very confusing. There is no section for store-related account bugs.
    Last edited by Arachnella; Oct 29 2012 at 06:01 PM.
    Spiders in V1 Pre-B13: 8-legged menace. B13: 8-legged bait. B14: 8-legged trap... no more! B15/MoM: 8-legged *splat!*
    Spiders in V2
    B7: We cope. B8: FotM? B9: 8-legged menace.
    Spiders in V3
    B3: Mourning for my hatchlings.

Quote Originally Posted by QuarterMasterL View Post
    All players should now be seeing the correct number of Shared Wardrobe offers in the store. If you don't see anything in the store, then you are most likely at the cap for the number of slots available and not eligible to purchase additional slots. If you have further questions, please please visit the Turbine Solution Center at http://www.turbine.com/support.
    Nothing has changed (VIP still incorrectly showing 140 slots, no option to purchase). This isn't surprising since it would apparently require a game update to fix the problem. (I can't believe I'm asking this, but) You do know today's update was cancelled, right?
    Last edited by Thoroval; Oct 29 2012 at 06:44 PM.

Just to make sure that the Powers that Be are still aware of this problem, I checked last night and it still showed (falsely) that I had 140 slots with no option (because of the error) to buy the RoR wardrobe space upgrades.

I hope that once 8.1 or whichever patch is meant to repair this problem with VIP wardrobe space is implemented, there will be an extension on the wardrobe space sale.
    [SIZE=2]On Landroval: [COLOR=#ee82ee]Larhanya 85 Elf Hunter[/COLOR] ~ [COLOR=#ffa07a]Pimlia 75 Hobbit Minstrel[/COLOR] ~ [COLOR=#ee82ee]Rosimur 67 Dwarf Champion[/COLOR] ~ [COLOR=#ffa07a]Marithafled 76 Woman Warden[/COLOR] ~ [COLOR=#ee82ee]Mornuilos 38 Elf Rune-Keeper[/COLOR] ~ [COLOR=#ffa07a]Edeline 24 Woman Lore-Master[/COLOR] ~ [COLOR=#ee82ee]Dubrennil 85 Elf Guardian[/COLOR] ~ [COLOR=#ffa07a]Adanathriel 43 Woman Captain[/COLOR] ~ [COLOR=#ee82ee]Spinellina 24 Hobbit Burglar[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Larhanya_Theliel View Post
    Just to make sure that the Powers that Be are still aware of this problem, I checked last night and it still showed (falsely) that I had 140 slots with no option (because of the error) to buy the RoR wardrobe space upgrades.

I hope that once 8.1 or whichever patch is meant to repair this problem with VIP wardrobe space is implemented, there will be an extension on the wardrobe space sale.
    I think that everyone may not imagine that the intent was never to offer slots 121-140 with the launch of Rohan. We'll probably be seeing them in a future update. Thus, the store really doesn't have anything to sell you at 120.

Just because they're in the Rohan Release notes, doesn't mean they were intended for sale yet. They like to roll out their storage tiers over time for maximum effect
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Quote Originally Posted by Crell_1 View Post
    I think that everyone may not imagine that the intent was never to offer slots 121-140 with the launch of Rohan. We'll probably be seeing them in a future update. Thus, the store really doesn't have anything to sell you at 120.

Just because they're in the Rohan Release notes, doesn't mean they were intended for sale yet. They like to roll out their storage tiers over time for maximum effect
    Oh, man. I was seriously confused then. Although, to be honest, I still don't know if I ever maxed out my wardrobe (I probably did, but can't be sure because of the bug). I only have 99 items in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Larhanya_Theliel View Post
    Oh, man. I was seriously confused then. Although, to be honest, I still don't know if I ever maxed out my wardrobe (I probably did, but can't be sure because of the bug). I only have 99 items in it.
    I'm not a turbine employee and thus can't be certain, but the fact that the store will only sell up to slots 120, seems to highly suggest this. I wouldn't be worried about anything going poof unless you put more than 120 items in it for now =)
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Quote Originally Posted by QuarterMasterL View Post
    All players should now be seeing the correct number of Shared Wardrobe offers in the store. If you don't see anything in the store, then you are most likely at the cap for the number of slots available and not eligible to purchase additional slots. If you have further questions, please please visit the Turbine Solution Center at <a href="http://www.turbine.com/support" target="_blank">http://www.turbine.com/support</a>.
    Quartermaster, as of update 8.1 today (not 2 weeks ago) your post is actually fact. As of today, the erroneous 20 slots VIPs had received have been removed. My account is back at 120 slots where it should be and I can see an offer for more wardrobe slots.

Now Quartermaster, since this fix happened AFTER the 50% sale on wardrobe slots was over, will you be immediately re-offering that sale price for the folks that missed the sale through no fault of their own? As a reminder, that 50% sale was offered during the week starting October 26, 2012.
    Last edited by Thoroval; Nov 14 2012 at 04:51 PM. Reason: updated with latest info; fix is in and store has slots >120 available

Quote Originally Posted by Thoroval View Post
    Will you be immediately re-offering that sale price for the folks that missed the sale through no fault of their own? As a reminder, that 50% sale was offered during the week starting October 26, 2012.
    And perhaps they can do the same for the 6th bag, which happens to be fixed right AFTER the 10%/20%/30% sale !

Confirmed. It's been fixed now. I fully expect to see 50% sale in the coming weeks as well but I wouldn't be surprised if not knowing Turbine's public relations skills.

It would be interesting to know if anyone lost any cosmetics from the wardrobe because of this.

Edit: btw after writing an email concerning about the bug I never got a reply from customers service even that I got a reply saying they are busy handling other requests but ensuring me that they'll get back to me as soon as possible ... and that was about a month ago ...
    Last edited by -Daimon-; Nov 15 2012 at 09:22 AM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c000000024dd3/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Author of [URL="http://www.lotrointerface.com/downloads/info133"]DaimonUI[/URL] · Member of [URL="http://www.moxguild.com"]The Shadows[/URL]