We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    This all goes back to the creation story. Was Iluvatar a small g god or the capital G God? Were he and his gang possibly alien visitors from space who seeded Middle Earth with life forms or genetically manipulated existing ones? Did in fact Middle Earth start as Tolkien said or was it a myth told by the beings of the time? We have the same religion verses science controversy today. But as we all know, we are not allowed to talk about religion or politics here.

Quote Originally Posted by RKL View Post
    This all goes back to the creation story. Was Iluvatar a small g god or the capital G God? Were he and his gang possibly alien visitors from space who seeded Middle Earth with life forms or genetically manipulated existing ones? Did in fact Middle Earth start as Tolkien said or was it a myth told by the beings of the time? We have the same religion verses science controversy today. But as we all know, we are not allowed to talk about religion or politics here.
    I believe there are plenty of studies on this, but basically there's no need to discuss religion or politics, just the genre in which the professor's works belong: fictional mythology.
    somewhere in this forum section I've read discussions about it, too (I think here and here) and in relation to this thread's topic, there are no half-dwarves nor half-hobbits because the professor simply chose to write it that way.
    [url]http://eternalno0b9aming.tumblr.com/[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by kittypoo View Post
    I believe there are plenty of studies on this, but basically there's no need to discuss religion or politics, just the genre in which the professor's works belong: fictional mythology.
    somewhere in this forum section I've read discussions about it, too (I think here and here) and in relation to this thread's topic, there are no half-dwarves nor half-hobbits because the professor simply chose to write it that way.
    I agree, there is no need to discuss anything. There is just stuff that is of interest to individual people.

I would also say that there are neither half-dwarves nor half-hobbits mentioned because the professor simply chose to write it that way. If he later wrote that there were no half-dwarves or half-hobbits in Middle Earth, then that would be a different matter. I do not know if he made such a statement or not. It is certainly possible.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3