We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Heavy armor

Exclamation Heavy armor

What do i have to do to wear heavy armor? I cannot equip it at all.

Buy the passive skill 'heavy armor proficiency' at your class trainer.

You will have to be a certain character level before you can buy this skill though.

Visit your class trainer, tick the box that says show all skills including those above level, and check out the passive skill tab. It will tell you at which level you can buy the passive skill to wear heavy armor.

Or check the lotro lorebook or wiki.

Quote Originally Posted by martimikko View Post
    What is your class?
    [B]Crafting - Explorer - Tailor/Forestor/Prospector - 9s Across the Board[/B]

You have to play either a guardian, a champion or a captain AND be the right level to equip it. Not sure about the exact levels when you get the ability to wear heavy, but around level 15 for guardian and level 20 for champ/captain. you will see when you can buy the passive ability to wear heavy armor from your trainer.

http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Heavy_Armour

Heavy Armour From Lotro-Wiki.com
    Jump to: navigation, search Heavy Armour
    Characteristic
    Allows the use of Heavy Armour.

General Information Class: Guardian
    Level: 15
    Training Price: 22 silver 50 copper
    Class: Captain, Champion
    Level: 20
    Training Price: 40 silver

I'm a hunter so i cannot use heavy armor?? That sucks....

But thank you anyway!

Hunters are not a melee class in this game. No need for heavy armor. Kill it before it gets to you. Good luck in the game.

emm.. yes u CAN equip it, but as hunter - only trough shared wardrobe and only as Cosmetic

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2b2250000000c5ec9/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Hi,

I'm a hunter so i cannot use heavy armor?? That sucks....
    It's not as bad as you think, even IF hunters could use heavy armor i don't think anyone would use it. What you want is as much agility as you can get and then maybe balance with some vitality/morale for survival. Agility is pretty rare on heavy armor but often found as stat on medium.

Your defence is based on one easy idea: Kill it before it can hit you! And with enough agility you will, trust me When leveling you can pretty much be a bit lazy with changing armor because of this, but try to switch your bow as often as possible to a better one. Offence is your best defence.

I use the same philosophy with both main and off hand-weapons. I don't put any dps-points in a legendary sword or equip a axe just because it has high dps (damage per second) I only use the dagger/axe/sword-weapons to make me even better at killing things with the bow. (i.e. if you find a sword with 20dps and 20 agility it is normally better for a hunter than a sword with 25dps and 10 agility.)

Regards and Happy Hunting!
    /T
    Dawarad HNT | Dawadan MIN | Dawfast CMP | Dawaran CPT | Dawmur GRD | Dawared WRD | Dawagrim RK | Dawaras LM | Daweric BRG | Dawagar MIN | Dawarar CMP | Dawnakh WRG | Dawbag BA | Dawgil WVR | Dawglob WL |