We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6
    Quote Originally Posted by Winkey View Post
    *Wall of text warning*
    From my recent experiences I'd say that yes, creeps are OP, based on morale levels alone. I trait and gear for burst dps on my burg, 5r/1y/1b traits and generally damage over mitigations for gear. With 11 audacity now, I fought Lugsteal, and won every time, but only because I used a power pot in every fight. Especially with the changes in crit defense, it's extremely difficult for 1 burg to burn through the generally 20K+ morale pools that creeps now have.
    Skills are another point entirely, because while some did indeed need tweaking, turbine seemed to go the clusterf*** route instead. This past night I was riding along to catch up with some friends, and was attacked by a r7-8 reaver. He popped wrath at the beginning of the fight, and for the entire duration remained at full health, despite my best efforts to kill him.
    Good points but try playing your counterpart, a rank 5 Warg with no store bought skills that has only 10 audacity? Then tell me how imbalanced you Burg is?

As for your encounter with the Reaver, I've also encountered the same situation on my Reaver while facing Wardens and Lore Masters. A Reaver catching a Burg out of stealth and meleeing toe to toe should own a Burg, don't you think? Besides, you didn't mention if he actually got a KB on you or did you hips?

The point being, Creeps are hardly OP in general and we all can point to instances where one or the other are OP. At your own admission you beat a Warg (your counterpart) who has full audacity every match. That seems to be unbalanced in favor of the Burg if all things are considered.

A Burg like a Warg should have to pick their fights and shouldn't be able to stand toe to toe with a melee class while the same Reaver should be able to out melee a LM and should be at least able to hold their own with a Warden.

So yes, it isn't balanced but I would hardly say (generally speaking) that Creeps are all OP...

PS: and thank goodness that freeps can't simply roll a fully equipped character for the Moors, otherwise we'd have 48 EZ-mode Wardens running around..
    Last edited by DaxMaxtor; Jan 11 2013 at 02:24 PM.
    Ronnug - The Blueberry Reaver on Gladden
    I don't feel a thing when dieing ingame. The only time I really mind is when the rez is on the other side of the map.

Quote Originally Posted by Fendrone View Post
    Turbine stated that they wanted fights to last longer. If they reduced healing as they did damage then nothing would change. Having equal or more healing as before means fights last forever. I continue to maintain that the moors are fairly well balanced right now with the exception being OP buffs and constant raiding which kills any chance of soloing. It is true too that audacity armour is weak and would never be worn except for a few nice combo bonuses and, of course, audacity.
    There's a difference between fights "lasting longer" and "never ending".

RKs, Minstrels, shield Wardens, Defilers, WL, literally cannot be killed solo through healing. Full healing traited, it takes MULTIPLE players to kill ONE, and it's still not guaranteed. Even LMs, with one single healing skill, can out heal the DPS of any creep in a solo fight. This was an issue in RoI and it's an even bigger issue now. You cannot argue against it- healing is simply not balanced in regards to Audacity.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkheart06 View Post
    RKs, Minstrels, shield Wardens, Defilers, WL, literally cannot be killed solo through healing.
    *Virtually, since I've seen it done. On my captain I've fought Defilers and WLs 1v1 and the fight never ended, both classes took about 20 minutes to hit the point where we both realized it was futile. On my rank 4 warg I've killed several RK's 1v1 so that's not true either. Both sides have classes that can stay alive very long with the only deciding factor being who runs out of power first. I much prefer these never ending fights that require attention and skill to not only stay alive but also attempt to kill your opponent. These fights are much better than when I could melt a creep in 4 seconds on my hunter. Btw, reavers are a much harder opponent to kill solo than defiler or WL.
    [CENTER][I][FONT=Palatino Linotype][SIZE=3][COLOR=deepskyblue][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/012030000000dc2af/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Fendrone View Post
    *Virtually, since I've seen it done. On my captain I've fought Defilers and WLs 1v1 and the fight never ended, both classes took about 20 minutes to hit the point where we both realized it was futile. On my rank 4 warg I've killed several RK's 1v1 so that's not true either. Both sides have classes that can stay alive very long with the only deciding factor being who runs out of power first. I much prefer these never ending fights that require attention and skill to not only stay alive but also attempt to kill your opponent. These fights are much better than when I could melt a creep in 4 seconds on my hunter. Btw, reavers are a much harder opponent to kill solo than defiler or WL.
    I prefer the middle ground to blown up in 4 seconds and 20 minute fights of repeating skill rotations until you realize what a waste of time it is. Hopefully LoTRO gets there soon.

Gunnor, I see your point about the warg, however I've spent a lot of time perfecting my gear and playstyle, on all my toons. Also, at the risk of sounding extremely egotistical, I'd say that I am the best 1v1er on burg on the server, which has to do with more than just gear, ie movement/getting positional/skill use. Furthermore, when I fought Lugsteal, I was using touch and go (5 min cd) on most of the fights and knives out (2 min cd) on all of them, while he used no cds. I also started from stealth with him out of stealth every time. A rank 5 warg shouldn't be able to beat me.

The reaver did not kill me, as a few of my friends came along to save the day :P, though I also did not hips. As a side note, burgs are a melee dps class, the only difference that should exist between starting in and out of stealth is the initial auto crit surprise strike, which due to the changes in crit defense is fairly negligible.

I'm not saying every creep is OP, the same as not all rk healers are. Skill, skills, audacity and knowing your class all factor in. I am saying that generally speaking, a top geared and well played freep is underpowered compared to a well played creep with most/all of their skills.
    PS- If those 48 ezmoding wardens were as bad as flavor of the month players generally are, I'd welcome the free renown.
    Last edited by Winkey; Jan 12 2013 at 01:11 AM.

Winkey, I really wanted to read your posts, but it didn't work out. You gotta learn to use paragraphs bro.
    [B]Camden • Bancroft • Kimball • Melinnas • Psarra • Prentice • Lirendil[/B]

Camden, I did use paragraphs, I just didn't include spaces in between them. I have now edited my posts to allow your feeble eyes to decipher their riddling complexity.

Camden, I did use paragraphs, I just didn't include spaces in between them. I have now edited my posts to allow your feeble eyes to decipher their riddling complexity.
    Thank you kindly sir. Your gesture is most appreciated.
    [B]Camden • Bancroft • Kimball • Melinnas • Psarra • Prentice • Lirendil[/B]

Were not op

Were not op, were just giving freeps a challenge in the moors. Just because they play stupidly half the time, doesnt meant that we are op. When we have raids led by grog, vurgsash and others, we are going to do good because they know how to lead and form raids of creeps who know how to fight!!! A raid of good creeps is going to be a challenge, doesn't mean we are op so stop crying you cant one shot us anymore!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 116_for_days View Post
    Were not op, were just giving freeps a challenge in the moors. Just because they play stupidly half the time, doesnt meant that we are op. When we have raids led by grog, vurgsash and others, we are going to do good because they know how to lead and form raids of creeps who know how to fight!!! A raid of good creeps is going to be a challenge, doesn't mean we are op so stop crying you cant one shot us anymore!!!
    we have all said this.

Those defiler flies need a nerf, the whole raid losing all power in three seconds is pretty op.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeylad View Post
    Those defiler flies need a nerf, the whole raid losing all power in three seconds is pretty op.
    says the pig who is hitting me in the middle of OC with creeps on him and then turn around and get out alive.

Nerf healing in PvMP and just maybe it will be worth it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Witch0King View Post
    says the pig who is hitting me in the middle of OC with creeps on him and then turn around and get out alive.

Sorry, but creeps have no reason to complain about npcs. They have much less effect on creeps then compared to freeps.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0120300000005f6a0/signature.png]Lathius[/charsig]
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Lathius View Post
    Sorry, but creeps have no reason to complain about npcs. They have much less effect on creeps then compared to freeps.
    was a joke buddy
    Nerf healing in PvMP and just maybe it will be worth it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Witch0King View Post

Had good heals backing me

stop complaining

its never going to be perfect effects and perfect fights. nobody is ever going to "play fair". You can find easy kills, but dont expect them all to be. Stop complaining, get kills, be killed, and go on with the game. its not our fault if you keep dieing couse you suck

Funny how this thread exploded after were finally able to put up a decent fight. Where were all the freeps are op threads from the last 5 years
    Last edited by Hadoril; Jan 16 2013 at 02:41 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/012030100000ae792/signature.png]Eunuch[/charsig]
    My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. My power is discombobulatingly devastating.

At the end of the day, freeps that are grouped/raided are still superior to creeps. they always have been and always will be. The fact freeps complain on a daily basis and run from fights ]to save their a$$ instead of helping is the result of your wipes. Change your mentality about dying, group up, and you'll all see what can be done. I witness it everyday..

And yesss... creeps do have the advantage solo/1v1's.
    HIGHCHIEFTAINNAZGRUL
    CHIEFWARRIORPEGASIS
    COMMANDERMARIUSS

It gets old hearing the OP and easymode mess over and over then later that evening you're rolled repeatedly without getting a single kill. Or you hear the person going on and on about creeps being OP and easymode squee with joy because they've killed multiple creeps. Alone. Again. I do agree creeps have their OPness, but so do freeps. And when freeps group up, they typically come out on top.

Freep refusal to group ends up being the big downfall for them. The game isn't meant for any specific kind of play, yeah yeah yeah, but they kinda sorta definitely have pushed for group play with this recent update. You get blown up alone because you got zerged? Join the other freeps out there and put up a fight; or take your toys and leave, whatever.

Yep I agree, mentality needs to change if you want some decent PvP.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0120301000024bcf2/signature.png]Halphas[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by shark1979 View Post
    Store bought skills is a PVP cardinal sin

That was such a profound statement I thought that it deserved to be quoted so peeps could read it again.

All ye' sinners REPENT!!!!

I'd say that I am the best 1v1er on burg
    True factz. I'd say Debuff, when you left him u were the learner but now u r the masta, is a close 2nd . Both great burgs tho, and both burgs that another certain burg that believes not using crafted scrolls=undergeared needs to learn from , not sayin any names tho!
    Guess who ? Founder and co-creator: http://gladdenhistory.wikispaces.com/

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6