We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 147
  1. #101
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,372
    Quote Originally Posted by DaxMaxtor View Post
    5 years huh? I don't think that even I can go that far. I still remember the old Blender Days when Genbo & Aeons would form up under the stairs of OR and whip everything in sight.. Those were some pretty OP times for Creeps (generally speaking).
    That's taking advantage of class builds. Imagine a raid of 10 champs, 10 (HoH) cappies, and 4 LM's that played like a college football team. Imagine the power of such a stacked raid. We just didn't have it. Creeps had it. Freeps had many with little experience that couldn't follow the sun on a cloudless day. You can lead a horse to water...

    I think the complaint is more about individual opness and Out post buffs.
    Last edited by the_blah; Nov 06 2012 at 07:23 PM.
    Clown • Reject • Gigabytes

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Rezz Circle
    Posts
    1,010
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimphore View Post
    Dalok, u have barely played for a month, you have no say about how it was 5 years ago. Actually 5 years ago, there were times freeps and creeps were balanced, such as book 12-14, which anyone that played during that time could agree with me and would prob want that pvp back so bad.
    thats because this game no longer give me enjoyment. whats the point of playing a game if you don't enjoy playing it? i will continue to troll the fourms but i am going to play a differant MMO,(after i get the cash of course.)

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    408
    Quote Originally Posted by Light12 View Post
    thats because this game no longer give me enjoyment. whats the point of playing a game if you don't enjoy playing it? i will continue to troll the fourms but i am going to play a differant MMO,(after i get the cash of course.)
    I was just stating how u never played when pvp was at its greatest and most balanced, so you have no say in regards to back then.
    Ewoc EMAY of the "Lonely Mountain" , Izergz Reaver
    OP RoI Hunter Build:
    http://i414.photobucket.com/albums/p...nShot00071.jpg

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Rezz Circle
    Posts
    1,010
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimphore View Post
    I was just stating how u never played when pvp was at its greatest and most balanced, so you have no say in regards to back then.
    and you have nothing to truthfuly about me or my life. so lets keep thing non personal. IE: no more jabs at my actual life.

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    1,243
    The moors are the most balanced they've been in ages. Gladden is still suffering because of it's smaller population. It's the mindset of the players on our server that is making it worse because there's a common mentality now that freeps are creep fodder solo. Solo here being defined by "not in group". Freeps on Gladden don't normally raid up unless it's kinship based, thus leaving many people feeling insecure by being alone, and therefore staying at GV.

    Give it time, I suggest patience and creativity.
    [CENTER][I][FONT=Palatino Linotype][SIZE=3][COLOR=deepskyblue][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/012030000000dc2af/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I][/CENTER]

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    408
    Quote Originally Posted by Light12 View Post
    and you have nothing to truthfuly about me or my life. so lets keep thing non personal. IE: no more jabs at my actual life.
    It's funny seeing u get butthurt tho , it must be true.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fendrone View Post
    The moors are the most balanced they've been in ages.
    I'm sorry Fen, but I have to wholeheartedly disagree with that statement. That's far from the truth, if anything. Give it time, and I see more unbalance and zerginess.
    Ewoc EMAY of the "Lonely Mountain" , Izergz Reaver
    OP RoI Hunter Build:
    http://i414.photobucket.com/albums/p...nShot00071.jpg

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    122
    Quote Originally Posted by Light12 View Post
    thats because this game no longer give me enjoyment. whats the point of playing a game if you don't enjoy playing it? i will continue to troll the fourms but i am going to play a differant MMO,(after i get the cash of course.)
    Those that can't, teach. Those that don't play, troll the pvp forums. I'm not just talking about you Dalok. Ho hum.

    That being said my absence has had little to do with the current balance and more to do with time on hand. I'll come out plenty on freep as long as I get some kills in. I was really looking forward to playing my creeps more this expan, but I don't want to upset the balance even further. I suspect that'll have to wait.
    .
    Embaer 85 Cappy | Emiele 85 Hunter | Emiliah 79 Guard | Rickastley

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    1,243
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimphore View Post
    I'm sorry Fen, but I have to wholeheartedly disagree with that statement. That's far from the truth, if anything. Give it time, and I see more unbalance and zerginess.
    I don't understand where you are coming from since last I heard you stopped playing. As a die-hard freep I've been playing creepside recently to see it from a new perspective. I've noticed that I stand a very good chance at kiling a freep solo, even killing them duo. This comes after years of me being able to decimate a creep in mere seconds. I look forward to returning to freep because I see now it will be more challenging and more than ever more thought will be required in my fights. Before the only creeps that could kill me had skill while many times I killed creeps without using any of it. I now see the tables are slightly turned but it will only last until freeps are geared, then I envision a very balanced moors.

    Optimism makes the world a little brighter.
    [CENTER][I][FONT=Palatino Linotype][SIZE=3][COLOR=deepskyblue][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/012030000000dc2af/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I][/CENTER]

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    408
    Quote Originally Posted by Fendrone View Post
    I don't understand where you are coming from since last I heard you stopped playing. As a die-hard freep I've been playing creepside recently to see it from a new perspective. I've noticed that I stand a very good chance at kiling a freep solo, even killing them duo. This comes after years of me being able to decimate a creep in mere seconds. I look forward to returning to freep because I see now it will be more challenging and more than ever more thought will be required in my fights. Before the only creeps that could kill me had skill while many times I killed creeps without using any of it. I now see the tables are slightly turned but it will only last until freeps are geared, then I envision a very balanced moors.

    Optimism makes the world a little brighter.
    There's nothing to be optimistic about when you look at the mechanics is the worst pvp expac ever launched in this game. Even with freeps getting gear, the mechanics will make it faulty, to put it bluntly. I played it for a little and saw it coming to begin with, if ppl honestly think the moors are balanced, idk what they consider pvp cuz this game does not have a spec of it anymore.
    Ewoc EMAY of the "Lonely Mountain" , Izergz Reaver
    OP RoI Hunter Build:
    http://i414.photobucket.com/albums/p...nShot00071.jpg

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Burleson TX
    Posts
    1,379
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimphore View Post
    3.5 stars Gun?! Man, you havent been dying lately per usual :P, get to that hehe ! Btw, they need to abolish stars and rating altogether.
    Yea, I'm actually getting more KB's than deaths, I must be OP..
    Ronnug - The Blueberry Reaver on Gladden
    I don't feel a thing when dieing ingame. The only time I really mind is when the rez is on the other side of the map.

  11. #111
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Burleson TX
    Posts
    1,379
    Ok, enough time has passed and Freeps have all their new shinny toys.. Are Creeps still OP or just better at pvp'in?
    Ronnug - The Blueberry Reaver on Gladden
    I don't feel a thing when dieing ingame. The only time I really mind is when the rez is on the other side of the map.

  12. #112
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    984
    Quote Originally Posted by DaxMaxtor View Post
    Ok, enough time has passed and Freeps have all their new shinny toys.. Are Creeps still OP or just better at pvp'in?
    In my opinion the answer is still incomplete. The balance will be tested when the new raid comes out and freeps actually get their new toys as you say.

    My observations right now is that for solo play the balance in the moors is very much tipped in the favor of the creeps. However, numerous things come into play there. Which class you are fighting, the buffs that are currently present, etc. I am not an excellent gamer and play on a laptop so I never claim to be great at 1 v 1 or claim to have great skill. However as before when I would run across a creep I would have hesitation using all my skills, that is no longer the case and I still may not survive. The problem is simply the majority of creeps have spent the money to acquire their skills and I do not think that turbine expected it to be that big of a hit. Gone are the days of knowing what you were fighting and what you had to deal with. Now everybody has their full arsenal at their disposal. However, I still reserve my final ruling until the new raid is out and people have gotten first ages, etc.

    Raid v. Raid still suffers from the same issues, but with more complicated analysis because I have yet to see an arranged fight of 24 v 24. It is hard to know the true balance without that and knowing the exact numbers, but the few I have witnessed with even numbers seems to suggest the balance is much better in group fights than in a solo fight. However, I would still reserve my final ruling until the new raid comes out and people are equipped with the best toys.

    P.S. Gunnor I apologize for dragging you through HH, but I had been tracked a few times and I did not think you were solo.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0120300000005f6a0/signature.png]Lathius[/charsig]
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  13. #113
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Burleson TX
    Posts
    1,379
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathius View Post
    P.S. Gunnor I apologize for dragging you through HH, but I had been tracked a few times and I did not think you were solo.
    No problem.. All's fair in love and war.. Besides, you had to, otherwise I would have kicked your booty!!
    Ronnug - The Blueberry Reaver on Gladden
    I don't feel a thing when dieing ingame. The only time I really mind is when the rez is on the other side of the map.

  14. #114
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Burleson TX
    Posts
    1,379
    Now I'm confused.. Just after posting this http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...eir-tendencies... Freeps show up with a full Raid and hold their own most the night. They even take TA with 18 Creeps trying to defend it.. How can this happen when we Creeps are so OP????????

    Hats off to whoever was leading that raid for showing all those other sissies that it just isn't so...
    Ronnug - The Blueberry Reaver on Gladden
    I don't feel a thing when dieing ingame. The only time I really mind is when the rez is on the other side of the map.

  15. #115
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Anchorage, Alaska
    Posts
    1,593
    Quite simple... the freeps focused, the creeps didn't.
    the amount of healer each side had didn't help either.
    [B][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]Gladden[/SIZE]
    <Cmdr. Dolcarak><Lt. Cojiro>
    ~Leader of SotWH~[/COLOR][COLOR=blk]
    [/COLOR]

    [/CENTER]




    [/B]

  16. #116
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    984
    Quote Originally Posted by CatManDoo View Post
    Quite simple... the freeps focused, the creeps didn't.
    the amount of healer each side had didn't help either.
    This and the number of unranked creeps did not help. I am sure there were quite a few based on the numbers I was seeing on my dps that did not have full audacity. New players/toons that are not raid ready are just as detrimental to creep side as they are to freep side. Deltron/Vinniree/Kerelas did a great job with leading the raiding, but the rolling of the creeps had more to do with group makeups than it did the balance in the moors.

    I know that I was targetted numerous times and not only did I get great heals, I got shield walls, and the majority of time it appeared the creeps were not following the called target. Apparently, some creeps are picking up some bad habits with the change in balance in the moors. :P
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0120300000005f6a0/signature.png]Lathius[/charsig]
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  17. #117
    The most apparent imbalance is healing and it exists on both sides. Healing numbers are way overboard. Damage was reduced by Audacity yet healing is the same or higher. Derpity derp, Turbine.

    Other than that, it's not as bad as most would claim. There are some minor annoyances that need to be worked out. Audacity's effect on CC and the introduction of Finesse has left a few classes on both sides in the dust. The change to crit defense is ultimately for the better but it won't be balanced out any time soon due to the currently terrible itemization on Freep side. The issues with OP buffs have already been discussed to death.

    A lot of this can be easily fixed yet it remains to be seen if it WILL be fixed. Turbine has literally said not one single word on any PvP issue since the launch of Rohan.

  18. #118
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Burleson TX
    Posts
    1,379
    Quote Originally Posted by CatManDoo View Post
    Quite simple... the freeps focused, the creeps didn't.
    the amount of healer each side had didn't help either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathius View Post
    This and the number of unranked creeps did not help. I am sure there were quite a few based on the numbers I was seeing on my dps that did not have full audacity. New players/toons that are not raid ready are just as detrimental to creep side as they are to freep side. Deltron/Vinniree/Kerelas did a great job with leading the raiding, but the rolling of the creeps had more to do with group makeups than it did the balance in the moors.

    I know that I was targetted numerous times and not only did I get great heals, I got shield walls, and the majority of time it appeared the creeps were not following the called target. Apparently, some creeps are picking up some bad habits with the change in balance in the moors. :P
    Guys, I won't disagree with either of you assessments but let's give credit where credit was due?

    On any given night, 2 to 3 Reavers an a couple of BA's focusing fire is all it takes to burn down just about any given target with the exception of a Warden maybe. Last night that wasn't the case. As Lath pointed out, Freeps had the healing and shield walls to offset most of the dps we dealt.

    Do remember that we had several sustained battles that lasted a really long time where both our WL's and Cappies/Minnies did a great job of getting us back into the fight.

    Both sides had their weak links of low ranks and Freeps surely had the numbers advantage through the night but with that said, it was one of the best showings I've witnessed the Freeps put forth sense update before last.

    It's time to butch up and stop this nonsense about Creeps being OP and maybe we can have some more really good nights like last night, even when Creeps are in full Sig Mode.

    I'm not saying that Freeps are there yet but last night was sure a step in the right direction and again, my hats off to those that had the bawlz enough to step up and lead that raid....
    Ronnug - The Blueberry Reaver on Gladden
    I don't feel a thing when dieing ingame. The only time I really mind is when the rez is on the other side of the map.

  19. #119
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    1,243
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkheart06 View Post
    The most apparent imbalance is healing and it exists on both sides. Healing numbers are way overboard. Damage was reduced by Audacity yet healing is the same or higher. Derpity derp, Turbine.
    Turbine stated that they wanted fights to last longer. If they reduced healing as they did damage then nothing would change. Having equal or more healing as before means fights last forever. I continue to maintain that the moors are fairly well balanced right now with the exception being OP buffs and constant raiding which kills any chance of soloing. It is true too that audacity armour is weak and would never be worn except for a few nice combo bonuses and, of course, audacity.
    [CENTER][I][FONT=Palatino Linotype][SIZE=3][COLOR=deepskyblue][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/012030000000dc2af/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I][/CENTER]

  20. #120
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Burleson TX
    Posts
    1,379
    Quote Originally Posted by Fendrone View Post
    Turbine stated that they wanted fights to last longer. If they reduced healing as they did damage then nothing would change. Having equal or more healing as before means fights last forever. I continue to maintain that the moors are fairly well balanced right now with the exception being OP buffs and constant raiding which kills any chance of soloing. It is true too that audacity armour is weak and would never be worn except for a few nice combo bonuses and, of course, audacity.
    Nicely put!! I can't speak about Creepside but the only real OP Class I've run across is the Warden. They need to be a tank or dps and not both.. The nerf bat needs to hit them hard... The only other classes I've run across, beat me because they are better at playing their class than I am at playing mine, not because turbine decided to make them near invincible in a pvp zone..

    With the exception of the Wardens, we still have a lot of OP Players because of their playing abilities alone, not because of the Class they play and the better Pvp'rs tend to gravitate to Creepside.
    Ronnug - The Blueberry Reaver on Gladden
    I don't feel a thing when dieing ingame. The only time I really mind is when the rez is on the other side of the map.

  21. #121
    They brought in audacity to help make fights last longer if i understand it, but then watch out!!!. Here comes op buffs that when all control is in the hands of one side you get a massive healing and damage boost. Or hey, when both sides own two, its like we didn't even have them to begin with since we're now both equal again YAY!!!! Makes sense to me.

    P.S. Booo on the bad, evil, make me wanna pve op's.
    CURLYBILL RANK 11 WEAVER/ SILVEY RANK 7 CHAMP/ MYZER RANK 7 RK/ BOWLINGBALLBAGBOB RANK 7 DEFILER

    You may call me Shipoopi-Bazinga-Skadoosh the First.

  22. #122
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    In-game
    Posts
    3,735
    Quote Originally Posted by DaxMaxtor View Post
    Nicely put!! I can't speak about Creepside but the only real OP Class I've run across is the Warden. They need to be a tank or dps and not both.. The nerf bat needs to hit them hard... The only other classes I've run across, beat me because they are better at playing their class than I am at playing mine, not because turbine decided to make them near invincible in a pvp zone..
    try fighting a healing minstrel as a BA,You'll run out of power long before the minstrel.
    "I should call that a heavy loss, if it was not a wonder rather that in his great age he could still wield his axe as mightily as they say he did, standing over the body of King Brand before the gate of Erebor, until the darkness fell."
    http://gladdenhistory.wikispaces.com/

  23. #123
    *Wall of text warning*

    From my recent experiences I'd say that yes, creeps are OP, based on morale levels alone. I trait and gear for burst dps on my burg, 5r/1y/1b traits and generally damage over mitigations for gear. With 11 audacity now, I fought Lugsteal, and won every time, but only because I used a power pot in every fight. Especially with the changes in crit defense, it's extremely difficult for 1 burg to burn through the generally 20K+ morale pools that creeps now have.

    Skills are another point entirely, because while some did indeed need tweaking, turbine seemed to go the clusterf*** route instead. This past night I was riding along to catch up with some friends, and was attacked by a r7-8 reaver. He popped wrath at the beginning of the fight, and for the entire duration remained at full health, despite my best efforts to kill him. Toxic carapace makes the KO reflect look like a joke, with potentially 150% the duration. Flies are still as OP as ever, and wargs having a 3 minute cd hips and sprint is ridiculous. Even with an entire 6 piece set of swap armor and a swap bag for hips cd, I have a 4:30 cd on hips, which still requires me to hit 8 hotkeys, rather than just one, plus 7 more to swap all the gear back again.

    Base stats are also incredibly skewed. Creeps receive a total of 40% inc healing over the 15 ranks, while freeps have none except for their gear/race bonus. I believe the cap for inc healing is still 25%, though this may be redundant, as I can't get past 19.4% on my burg without sacrificing dps. Crit defense is also another base stat that is heavily in creeps' favor. Freeps have no passive crit defense, so where the average creep rocks 40-50%, most freeps have none. On my burg I have 600 or so from 2 relics, which is also the max I can get, as agility gear isn't really made for tanking.

    The last thing that I believe has led to the current imbalance is the lotro store/lootboxes. The point of higher ranked skills is that they are more powerful yet harder to attain. And while it's funny to see some noob with all his skills run around cluelessly, it's sad that he can do that in the first place. After all, I can't just buy the gear I want from instances in the store, nor can I buy my way to level 85. And lastly, it seems like every creep has one of those mordirith's brands. It was quite amusing to watch Grimrokk keep running through the door in TR last night. Between brands, resilience and charge, he only ever showed up immune to cc.

    I'm not whining, and I will still be in the moors almost every day, I just hope turbine does something about it.
    Last edited by Winkey; Jan 12 2013 at 01:11 AM.

  24. #124
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Error 404: Not Found
    Posts
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by Winkey View Post
    The last thing that I believe has led to the current imbalance is the lotro store/lootboxes. The point of higher ranked skills is that they are more powerful yet harder to attain. And while it's funny to see some noob with all his skills run around cluelessly, it's sad that he can do that in the first place. After all, I can't just buy the gear I want from instances in the store, nor can I buy my way to level 85.
    Yeah I agree.

    I just do hope that creep skills be removed from the store. I saw this rank 6 BA stealing a lot of KBs these past days, and a lot of creeps were curious since he doesn't have much DPS at that rank. But it was not too long that I figured out that he bought Revenge (a rank 10 skill) from the store (I don't have Revenge yet and I am actually excited to get it when I rank up). That disappointed me a lot. I perceive skills as a sort of "reward" for working hard and achieving that rank. Other creeps need to work their way hard to acquire skills as they rank up (which literally takes a very long time), but these store-babies are easymoders and enjoying the full set of skills and enhanced skills that they just bought from the store even if they are at rank 0-5. I wish that Turbine would remove them from the store so that each creep needs to get all his skills the hard and fair way, instead of being a clueless newbie that bought all skills and traits from the store even at his very first day at the Ettenmoors.

    It's just plain annoying.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0120301000024bcf2/signature.png]Halphas[/charsig]

  25. #125
    There are a lot of things out of balance right now. Store bought skills is a PVP cardinal sin (I think turbine is probably making good many with them). In 1v1 situations, creeps have a clear advantage. I think RK heals are absolutely stupid. The ability to spam AOE rez out of combat is ridiculous. OPs are a poor idea on a server like Gladden. etc, etc
    .
    Reddmedic - R10 Defiler
    The Old Timers Guild LOTRO | Server - Gladden

 

 
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload