We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bond007 View Post
    ^^ This.

Creeps would always say freeps were OP, yet those freeps they pointed at were usually top notch geared freeps, getting armor/jewelry from raids. I always thought they had a right to be OP over r6s and such, it makes sense. That way, the higher ranked creeps would compete with the higher geared freeps. Freeps would improve by PvEing and creeps would improve by PvPing. Does this system ACTUALLY work though? No, barely so. Time spent gearing up a toon doesn't directly correlate with "powa".

Now, lower ranks have been boosted to compete with those end game freeps. I won't argue my frustration with that narrow minded kind of thinking, but it does tell me one thing: freeps are gonna get EATEN UP til a new instance pack comes out with raid gear. Skirm raid jewelry definitely won't cut it -- the few skraid pieces that actually improve upon a t2 orthanc jewelry piece do not really give all that much of an improvement.

Freeps were not OP in RoI until kins were beating t2 orthancs.

Similarly, freeps will not stand a chance against creeps in RoR until kin's are beating t5 Helm's Deep (lawl).

Turbine created this xpack's PvP with the endgame in mind, not the Oct-Dec months. Therein lies the problem. Creeps do not have a chance to improve as freeps do, so you either make em balanced at the start of the xpack (RoI), balanced towards the end (RoR), or you balance creepside as freepside improves simultaneously, which is something turbine fails to comprehend.

I disagree. Freeps were OP long before kins were beating t2 Orthanc. Granted they were freavers, but shortly after the taking of this photo, all but one of those freavers died. This was the second or third day of RoI*. I was solo.
    Last edited by Ravyrn; Oct 27 2012 at 05:24 PM.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#C7CF92][img]http://i.imgur.com/9rGw1Yd.gif[/img]
    Misadventure - R14 Hunter, Fatwanda-1 - R10 Guard
    Velvetsixteen - R13 Reaver, Reported - R11 Warg, Gloriousleader - R10 WL[/COLOR]
    [/CENTER]

Freeps > Creeps
    Creeps > Freeps

who got the right to QQ?
    Do you come from a land down under? Where women glow and men plunder? Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder? You better run, you better take cover - Men at Work.
    You're welcome. Now it will fester in your head :p

Quote Originally Posted by Witch0King View Post
    Freeps > Creeps
    Creeps > Freeps

who got the right to QQ?
    This might be one of the most logically-sound posts you've ever made Ting, out of the very, VERY few .
    Ewoc EMAY of the "Lonely Mountain" , Izergz Reaver
    OP RoI Hunter Build:
    http://i414.photobucket.com/albums/p...nShot00071.jpg

This reminds me of kalib. Who cares if creeps are op, in a few weeks the hot fix will change everything again. Vinner, why so serious? It's a game!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/012030100000ae792/signature.png]Eunuch[/charsig]
    My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. My power is discombobulatingly devastating.

Its WAY to early to say what is/isnt OP out in the moors yet.

A quick look at mylotro shows that most freeps dont have full audacity gear OR lvl 85 2nd ages OR even lvl 85 jewelry yet. Merridan is better geared than most freeps ive seen and I still have a LONG way to go. (Im currently at 12 audacity, still using a lvl 75 first age weapon, and have no lvl 85 skirmish gear.)

Even though my gear still has room to improve:

My morale is up by 2,300 with no loss in other stats

I can solo flip outposts

I've done fine in the few random 1 v 1 fights ive had with wargs (rank 8), reavers (rank 7-8), weavers (rank 8-9). The creeps usually had advantage on OP buffs in these fights.

I have been totally owned by ranked warleaders. (Im hoping gear will help here but im not hopeful. Fights werent even close)

Im still learning how to adjust my combat rotations to utilize the new Diminishing returns timers and I still havent had a chance to try out 5 MM build (I actually think it may be viable in RoR)

Time will tell how this will all balance out but its WAY to early to say right now. FREEPS get your gear and raid up. Then we can talk. IMO the real question is going to be how can each side deal with the other sides healing in group fights.
    Last edited by Mystarr; Oct 29 2012 at 04:28 PM.
    Merridan - Burglar lvl 105 (Rank 12)
    Gormadan - Minstrel lvl 105 (Rank 4) : Traldan - Captain lvl 105 : Celebdan - Weaver (Rank 11)

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkshipOfLanterns View Post
    This reminds me of kalib. Who cares if creeps are op, in a few weeks the hot fix will change everything again. Vinner, why so serious? It's a game!
    I'm not being serious at all lol. I'm not even playing the game, so y should I care heh. I just think it's funny ppl think this will be a good pvp expac and it's not gonna be unbalanced at all lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystarr View Post
    Its WAY to early to say what is/isnt OP out in the moors yet.

A quick look at mylotro shows that most freeps dont have full audacity gear OR lvl 85 2nd ages OR even lvl 85 jewelry yet. Merridan is better geared than most freeps ive seen and I still have a LONG way to go. (Im currently at 12 audacity, still using a lvl 75 first age weapon, and have no lvl 85 skirmish gear.)

I can solo flip outposts

I've done fine in the few random 1 v 1 fights ive had with wargs (rank 8), reavers (rank 7-8), weavers (rank 8-9). The creeps usually had advantage on OP buffs in these fights.

I have been totally owned by ranked warleaders. (Im hoping gear will help here but im not hopeful. Fights werent even close)

Im still learning how to adjust my combat rotations to utilize the new Diminishing returns timers and I still havent had a chance to try out 5 MM build (I actually think it may be viable in RoR)

Time will tell how this will all balance out but its WAY to early to say right now. FREEPS get your gear and raid up. Then we can talk. IMO the real question is going to be how can each side deal with the other sides healing in group fights.
    Make sure u bring all ur scrolls and such too so ur not "undergeared" . Anyway, y dont u have a 85 legendary Merr? They don't cost many comms. I'm also surprised ur not playing ur spider given it's new strength; I'm actually proud u didnt succumb to its opness and took the hard path for once.

You were able to do well against spiders with that new buff (if they had popped it or had it or not since I don't know the rank of the skill)? Reavers are op too, so surprised u did well with them too. May not have been the best ones obv, but even semi-incompetent ones can put up a fight right. now I heard. Guess they didnt have impale which is op op. Wargs don't seem like much of a threat tho. In the past, burgs owned warleaders in; what makes them so much harder now? Figure they would be the least challenging for burgs outta of all the classes.

1v1s are dead for all intents and purposes tho, pretty dumb, but idc since I don't play. I like to call this "1v1 Age of Merridan" since everyone has a buncha buffs when they do do them lol, so it proves nothing.

I'm one of those optimists that say freeps just need gear, but the moors will still be unbalanced as a whole for each side, so doesnt matter imo.

See, I only trolled you a little here lol.
    Last edited by Grimphore; Oct 29 2012 at 05:15 PM.
    OP RoI Hunter Build:

Fear not Grim. After considerable effort I was able to successfully find the new recipes for scrolls and use them to my hearts content. (Its worth noting that the creeps I've bumped into have also had delving pots up.) Since you can get 2nd ages from PvE I opted to spend my comms on armor first instead of a 2nd age. Im back up to about 4500 comms right now and once I get to 6,000 I will prob get a 2nd age before I get the last piece of armor. Regarding burg vs spider, I opted to play my burg because I knew freeps that would venture out into the moors would be in short supply after RoR.

Its safe to say you would NOT approve of how I dispatched the creeps I have encountered.

Rank 8 Warg - Ambushed me while I was killing npc wolves for quests (creeps had 3 OP buffs and freeps had 0 OP buffs) We both got down to about 3k health so I used hips, hit him with a stealth bleed, stunned him, and finished him before he could run. (If its not a pre arranged fight I feel free to pop whatever gets me the kill)

Rank 8 Spider (You get toxic carapace at rank 9) - He came looking for me at river OP after I flipped it. I ambushed him from stealth and got him to about half health. He went behind the OP. I followed. BOOM... The lugs res circle one shots are a lot closer to river OP than they used to be...

Rank 9 Spider (Should have toxic carapace) I jumped him while he was fighting a bear behind TR. I got him to about half health pretty quickly. I kept watching for him to pop toxic carapce, but he used an in combat burrow instead. I started killing his pet and he popped up, dropped webs and ran into the back door of TR. I was hoping to get a better feel for how the match up would go.

Reavers (no one I recognized by name) - Pretty straight forward fights. I ambushed them. We trade blows. When they start hitting really hard as their health gets low pop KO and/or touch and go and kill them. The reavers didn't think to kite me through those cds. (If its not a pre arranged fight I feel free to pop whatever gets me the kill)

Rank 8 Warleader asked for arranged 1 v 1 (I fought warleaders in beta and pretty well knew how it would go.)

1st fight - I did first fight gambler spec'd with creeps having 3 OP buffs. Fight probably went on for 2-3 mins. I never got the WL below half. Too much morale/healing for me to get through before warleader wore me down. (Warleader banner is -10% damage now, all warleader damage is shadow now.)

2nd fight - I flipped an outpost to even out the buffs (Still gambler spec). Similar result. (I can tell I'm still not making optimal use of new cc diminishing returns timers. Im letting my mischievous delight heals/gamble mez reset the timer so I'm not getting full use out of some of my stuns).

3rd fight - I retrait for QK. Even worse. The warleader didnt even needs to use big heals. (Its worth noting that I like running gambler so Im a little rusty on my QK skill rotations.)

4th fight - I realize I forgot to trait the riddle stun when I retraited to QK. I swap it into my traits. The warleader had to use big heals but still won easily.

Its worth noting that the rank 8 warleader did not have shield bash. Fighting a warleader with shield bash adds in the extra element of being stunned non stop. (Warleader shield bash stuns makes burg stuns pale by comparison.)

UPSHOT = I dont enjoy running all out burst damage builds, but I think that will be the way to go to have a chance to out dps the heals. Once I get a second age leveled up and get a better feel for the new diminishing returns timers MAYBE...
    Last edited by Mystarr; Oct 29 2012 at 07:15 PM.
    Gormadan - Minstrel lvl 105 (Rank 4) : Traldan - Captain lvl 105 : Celebdan - Weaver (Rank 11)

You may have the right to say creeps are OP AFTER AND ONLY AFTER you get decked out in raid gear...

Until then, these are premature complaints

See, unlike with RoI, they decided to scale creeps to be able to face freeps in raid gear...
    [CENTER][B]Ameldun: [Level 85 Hunter]
    Akkhal: [Rank 4 Warleader] Mozkhal: [Rank 4 reaver]
    And a bunch more... On gladden of course :)
    [/B]
    [/CENTER]

Fear not Grim. After considerable effort I was able to successfully find the new recipes for scrolls and use them to my hearts content. (Its worth noting that the creeps I've bumped into have also had delving pots up.) Since you can get 2nd ages from PvE I opted to spend my comms on armor first instead of a 2nd age. Im back up to about 4500 comms right now and once I get to 6,000 I will prob get a 2nd age before I get the last piece of armor. Regarding burg vs spider, I opted to play my burg because I knew freeps that would venture out into the moors would be in short supply after RoR.

Its safe to say you would NOT approve of how I dispatched the creeps I have encountered.

Rank 8 Warg - Ambushed me while I was killing npc wolves for quests (creeps had 3 OP buffs and freeps had 0 OP buffs) We both got down to about 3k health so I used hips, hit him with a stealth bleed, stunned him, and finished him before he could run. (If its not a pre arranged fight I feel free to pop whatever gets me the kill)

Rank 8 Spider (You get toxic carapace at rank 9) - He came looking for me at river OP after I flipped it. I ambushed him from stealth and got him to about half health. He went behind the OP. I followed. BOOM... The lugs res circle one shots are a lot closer to river OP than they used to be...

Rank 9 Spider (Should have toxic carapace) I jumped him while he was fighting a bear behind TR. I got him to about half health pretty quickly. I kept watching for him to pop toxic carapce, but he used an in combat burrow instead. I started killing his pet and he popped up, dropped webs and ran into the back door of TR. I was hoping to get a better feel for how the match up would go.

Reavers (no one I recognized by name) - Pretty straight forward fights. I ambushed them. We trade blows. When they start hitting really hard as their health gets low pop KO and/or touch and go and kill them. The reavers didn't think to kite me through those cds. (If its not a pre arranged fight I feel free to pop whatever gets me the kill)

Rank 8 Warleader asked for arranged 1 v 1 (I fought warleaders in beta and pretty well knew how it would go.)

1st fight - I did first fight gambler spec'd with creeps having 3 OP buffs. Fight probably went on for 2-3 mins. I never got the WL below half. Too much morale/healing for me to get through before warleader wore me down. (Warleader banner is -10% damage now, all warleader damage is shadow now.)

2nd fight - I flipped an outpost to even out the buffs (Still gambler spec). Similar result. (I can tell I'm still not making optimal use of new cc diminishing returns timers. Im letting my mischievous delight heals/gamble mez reset the timer so I'm not getting full use out of some of my stuns).

3rd fight - I retrait for QK. Even worse. The warleader didnt even needs to use big heals. (Its worth noting that I like running gambler so Im a little rusty on my QK skill rotations.)

4th fight - I realize I forgot to trait the riddle stun when I retraited to QK. I swap it into my traits. The warleader had to use big heals but still won easily.

Its worth noting that the rank 8 warleader did not have shield bash. Fighting a warleader with shield bash adds in the extra element of being stunned non stop. (Warleader shield bash stuns makes burg stuns pale by comparison.)

UPSHOT = I dont enjoy running all out burst damage builds, but I think that will be the way to go to have a chance to out dps the heals. Once I get a second age leveled up and get a better feel for the new diminishing returns timers MAYBE...
    Yes, we went over that and the cds :P. I mean, hey, pop whatever cds you want if the opposite side has outpost buffs/relic buff. Like I said, 1v1s are dead and dont prove much and it's a bit tougher to really evaluate 1v1 skill now because of it. Anyway, I'm assuming the warleader was Taldag, only rank 8 wl I know that 1v1s frequently. Thanks for going over those fights tho.
    OP RoI Hunter Build:

Who was the war leader that you fought merridan?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/012030100001cd146/signature.png]Chaoticevil[/charsig]

Physical mastery and critical rating was rescaled. Having the same number no longer correlates to the same %. Check your stats, maybe do a parse. You'll see that your dps has gone down, not up.

I can solo flip outposts
    Meh, nothing new here. Outpost defenders have always been easy to solo.

Time will tell how this will all balance out but its WAY to early to say right now. FREEPS get your gear and raid up. Then we can talk.
    I disagree. Once people get their skraid and new audacity gear, their dps will have gone up very, very minimally if these numbers tell. Day before yesterday, I parsed beside Triplekill, him using an 85 second age bow fully star-lighted (how's that for a word?), me using my old 75 first ager fully star-lighted. He used 4 pieces of 85 skirm jewelry, I used all my old 75 jewelry. I even traited redline as he does to make the parse as similar as possible. He had barely ~8% damage increase over mine (parsed for a minute, 4 times, then averaged it out as best we could). Now, I just don't think 8% is gonna make much of a difference in the moors. Especially not enough to make freeps OP, when creeps have 2x their previous morale and a hearty boost of dps as well.

IMO the real question is going to be how can each side deal with the other sides healing in group fights.
    Mhm, healers have outrageous abilities in this expansion. It was hilarious watching Malimshair outheal 7 BAs yesterday, but a little sad at the same time.
    Last edited by Bond007; Oct 30 2012 at 05:52 PM.
    RIP Milkmefondly 2014

Mhm, healers have outrageous abilities in this expansion. It was hilarious watching Malimshair outheal 7 BAs yesterday, but a little sad at the same time.
    no wonder when BAs are the living joke of RoR
    Do you come from a land down under? Where women glow and men plunder? Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder? You better run, you better take cover - Men at Work.

Quote Originally Posted by Pausekey View Post
    Who was the war leader that you fought merridan?
    Taldag

I disagree
    I just don't think 8% is gonna make much of a difference in the moors. Especially not enough to make freeps OP, when creeps have 2x their previous morale and a hearty boost of dps as well.
    Creeps definitely got a MUCH bigger boost than freeps in RoR, but on average freeps where more powerful than creeps in Isen so the creeps needed a bigger boost.

Did the devs over do it? Maybe, but I want to wait a little longer to see how people adapt to the changes before I make my mind up. Part of the problem is that there is BIG gap between the freep classes. If you try to balance things out so that creeps can actually compete with rks and minis then they are going to crush a lot of the weaker freep classes. Right now I think creeps are somewhere in the middle. From what I have heard rks are still crushing creeps, but creeps are doing pretty well vs a lot of other freep classes. Time will tell how it all balances out.
    Last edited by Mystarr; Oct 30 2012 at 06:45 PM.

From what I have heard rks are still crushing creeps, but creeps are doing pretty well vs a lot of other freep classes. Time will tell how it all balances out.
    Hmmm, Spark's one of the best rks out there and he is having trouble with rank 9+ wls, rank 8+ reavers, defilers, and toxic carapace spiders. He doesnt have all his gear yet, but still, they aren't crushing creeps as of right now since Spark isn't, so I doubt many rks are.
    Last edited by Grimphore; Oct 30 2012 at 07:59 PM.
    OP RoI Hunter Build:

Quote Originally Posted by Grimphore View Post
    Since Sparkman can't defeat them, nobody can, Sparkman is the god of all RKs, belive it

Quote Originally Posted by Witch0King View Post
    He is one of the best, so if he is having trouble, a lot of rks are prob not doing well, so shut it noob! We all know my word is law!
    OP RoI Hunter Build:

A ranked WL (with shield bash) can beat a lot of freeps without using heals atm. If they go full healing the can also out heal most freep's dps. This applies to 1v1 situations of course, and like any good 1v1 they should not be hitting uruks or quitters.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/012030100001cd146/signature.png]Chaoticevil[/charsig]

Hmmm, Spark's one of the best rks out there and he is having trouble with rank 9+ wls, rank 8+ reavers, defilers, and toxic carapace spiders. He doesnt have all his gear yet, but still, they aren't crushing creeps as of right now since Spark isn't, so I doubt many rks are.
    I have the same problems as he does. Granted, I'm a hunter, and we're practically free meat in RoR, but I tested out dps yesterday (got my new 2nd age, rawr) against Merza's heals (defiler) and literally ran out of power trying to dps thru her heals. Just imagine if she had used flies and had been circling me attacking me. Lol.

With shield bash, WLs are MUCH worse for me.

I'm not gonna even 1v1 a spider.
    RIP Milkmefondly 2014

Sounds right. I was basing my comments off people who had said they couldnt beat Spark. I take this to mean that 2-3 week into RoR good RKs that arent even fully gerared yet can already beat the most powerful creep classes in the game.

I have the same problems as he does. Granted, I'm a hunter, and we're practically free meat in RoR, but I tested out dps yesterday (got my new 2nd age, rawr) against Merza's heals (defiler) and literally ran out of power trying to dps thru her heals. Just imagine if she had used flies and had been circling me attacking me. Lol.

Hunters were one of the easiest freep classes to kill before RoR. If creeps have been juiced up to have a chance to compete with rks then hunters will not be viable solo vs ranked creeps.

The devs seem determined to keep rks insanely powerful. That means that if they want to try to balance anything they will have to balance everyone up to rks. They may have moved some creeps near that bar. Unfortunately Im guessing that hunters (and other weaker freep classes) are probably left behind for a while.
    Last edited by Mystarr; Oct 31 2012 at 11:52 AM.

I tested out dps yesterday (got my new 2nd age, rawr) against Merza's heals (defiler) and literally ran out of power trying to dps thru her heals.
    A creep healer could out-heal ONE freep DPS toon?....that sounds dangerously like they may have healing utility in RvR then.....blasphemy!
    GRUSM - REAVER, DUSKPAW - WARG, STIXM - WEAVER, GRUZGASH - BA

Well, ur just a bad hunter anyway :P, lol jk. Anyway, hunters have never been able to beat high ranked defilers with all their bs heals, flies, and blight (no freep class could, least with flies + blight anyway), that's nothing new.

Yeah, spiders are much worse than b4. Hunters had a chance vs spiders in RoI unless they couldnt remove catch prey; other than that, the fight could be pretty good. Everyone is having trouble with spider now tho it seems.

It's really the mechanics moreso than the freeps and creeps I like to believe tho, which Turbine messed up epically on of course.

Sounds right. I was basing my comments off people who had said they couldnt beat Spark. I take this to mean that 2-3 week into RoR good RKs that arent even fully gerared yet can already beat the most powerful creep classes in the game.

Hunters were one of the easiest freep classes to kill before RoR. If creeps have been juiced up to have a chance to compete with rks then hunters will not be viable solo vs ranked creeps.

The devs seem determined to keep rks insanely powerful. That means that if they want to try to balance anything they will have to balance everyone up to rks. They may have moved some creeps near that bar. Unfortunately Im guessing that hunters (and other weaker freep classes) are probably left behind for a while.
    Gunnor said he couldnt beat Spark, but Spark's been having to go all out on Gunnor with PI and armor of storm to win now cuz of his gear prob. No offense to Gunnor, and even he admits it, he isn't the best reaver out there, so if he is having trouble with Gunnor, there's kinda an issue heh.

Hopefully with the new gear freeps will get stronger, but then things will still be unbalanced for both sides due to the pvp mechanics like Outposts and relics and such imo.

As for "hunters being one of the easiest creep classes to kill b4 RoR", yes, it was pretty easy to kill us, for any spider with half a brain for that matter, when you had 3 delving pots up and heal pots and we were unable to remove Catch Prey due to mutiple evades/resists :P. I really wish I got to fight you with my new and improved build in RoI, I guarantee you that ur opinion would be changed . That, and since very few spiders rarely 1v1ed or knew how, they were a fairly new 1v1 class for me in RoI with their new mechanics, so took me a little bit to figure out how to fight them. Good, well and PROPERLY geared (which I wasn't at the time I fought you on CM a couple times) hunters held their own really well 1v1 vs. reavers, wargs, BAs, spiders (depending if we were able to remove catch prey or not), and WLs b4 RoR, so we were far from the easiest class to kill, least 1v1 wise anyway. I don't know if you were around to ever see any of us hunters 1v1 besides on CM that night, but we did pretty well. Me and Swift, and a few other hunters that came out/back here and there like Sklav, Viniree, and Kerelas, were doing good at the end of RoI against creeps.
    Last edited by Grimphore; Oct 31 2012 at 07:28 PM.
    OP RoI Hunter Build:

Well, ur just a bad hunter anyway :P, lol jk. Anyway, hunters have never been able to beat high ranked defilers with all their bs heals, flies, and blight (no freep class could, least with flies + blight anyway), that's nothing new.

Yeah, spiders are much worse than b4. Hunters had a chance vs spiders in RoI if they couldnt remove catch prey; other than that, the fight could be pretty good. Everyone is having trouble with spider now tho it seems.

It's really the mechanics moreso than the freeps and creeps I like to believe tho, which Turbine messed up epically on of course.

Gunnor said he couldnt beat Spark, but Spark's been having to go all out on Gunnor with PI and armor of storm to win now cuz of his gear prob. No offense to Gunnor, and even he admits it, he isn't the best reaver out there, so if he is having trouble with Gunnor, there's kinda an issue heh.

Hopefully with the new gear freeps will get stronger, but then things will still be unbalanced for both sides due to the pvp mechanics like Outposts and relics and such imo.

As for "hunters being one of the easiest creep classes to kill b4 RoR", yes, it was pretty easy to kill us, for any spider with half a brain for that matter, when you had 3 delving pots up and heal pots and we were unable to remove Catch Prey due to mutiple evades/resists :P. I really wish I got to fight you with my new and improved build in RoI, I guarantee you that ur opinion would be changed . That, and since very few spiders rarely 1v1ed or knew how, they were a fairly new 1v1 class for me in RoI with their new mechanics, so took me a little bit to figure out how to fight them. Good, well and PROPERLY geared (which I wasn't at the time I fought you on CM a couple times) hunters held their own really well 1v1 vs. reavers, wargs, BAs, spiders (depending if we were able to remove catch prey or not), and WLs b4 RoR, so we were far from the easiest class to kill, least 1v1 wise anyway. I don't know if you were around to ever see any of us hunters 1v1 besides on CM that night, but we did pretty well. Me and Swift, and a few other hunters that came out/back here and there like Sklav, Viniree, and Kerelas, were doing good at the end of RoI against creeps.
    Ok, it's really Official now and my word in the Thread I started is final: Creeps are not OP.. Generally speaking It's the most balanced I have seen it in the five and a half yrs that I've been playing this game. Sure I suk and of course Spark should own me on a level playing field and that he did but not by the margine he did prior to this update.

And while I admittedly am a mediocre or below player, there's nothing wrong with my judgment. I fought Mazzor (Champ) today several times and know he is one of the better champs on our server and he also owned me without my cooldowns while I barely beat him when no holds were barred and I used cooldowns with the store bought skill "Thrash". Without Thrash and Wrath, it was actually a very close fight and depended on who critted and when. I don't know exactly what his gear or Audacity makeup is but suspect that when he's fully geared, he'll be owning me again. My Audacity is now 10.

Vinn, I wish you'd jump on your Reaver and give it a good try. I think you'll see the same things in game that I am. Right now, Creeps do have a slight edge but even when even numbers of Creeps and Freeps go heads up, it's actually very even. That doesn't happen too often because of all the kill starved Creeps that are out. If a small group of Freeps appear, they end up getting swarmed.

I'll say this, it's my belief that those who cry that Creeps are OP are primarily those who were OP prior to this update and have lost their I-Win button.. No, it's not ez-mode anymore for all those ez-moding freeps who were out soloing prior to this update. As a matter of fact, a lot of those ez-freeps are out playing what they think is going to be the OP Creeps now. Not to worry though, as soon as they see those like Spark or Mazzor holding their own once they are all geared out, then they'll be flowing back to Freep.

It reminds me of those days when your Guard was gimped and then got a little boost. Then Guards got a big boost and suddenly tons of Guards showed up in the Moores.

Anyway, it's final, I'm actually a little optimistic about this game again (just a little, turbine still has a ways to go to totally win me back) but we'll see..

And if you do come back, do click that spar button when you see me, I think you'll be proud of the improvements I've made. Afterall, we Reavers did get a lot of practice at playing the most gimped class in the game for a long time.

PS: Oh, and in time, when Freeps have caught up, I've no doubt that Creeps will own Freeps but that has nothing to do with game mechanics. It has to do with there actually being more skilled PVPr's on Creepside than Freep due to all the ez-moding that Freeps had (of course there are a few Freep exceptions but not many).
    Last edited by DaxMaxtor; Oct 31 2012 at 07:11 PM.
    Ronnug - The Blueberry Reaver on Gladden
    I don't feel a thing when dieing ingame. The only time I really mind is when the rez is on the other side of the map.

Quote Originally Posted by DaxMaxtor View Post
    Ok, it's really Official now and my word in the Thread I started is final: Creeps are not OP.. Generally speaking It's the most balanced I have seen it in the five and a half yrs that I've been playing this game. Sure I suk and of course Spark should own me on a level playing field and that he did but not by the margine he did prior to this update.

And while I admittedly am a mediocre or below player, there's nothing wrong with my judgment. I fought Mazzor (Champ) today several times and know he is one of the better champs on our server and he also owned me without my cooldowns while I barely beat him when no holds were barred and I used cooldowns with the store bought skill "Thrash". Without Thrash and Wrath, it was actually a very close fight and depended on who critted and when. I don't know exactly what his gear or Audacity makeup is but suspect that when he's fully geared, he'll be owning me again. My Audacity is now 10.

Vinn, I wish you'd jump on your Reaver and give it a good try. I think you'll see the same things in game that I am. Right now, Creeps do have a slight edge but even when even numbers of Creeps and Freeps go heads up, it's actually very even. That doesn't happen too often because of all the kill starved Creeps that are out. If a small group of Freeps appear, they end up getting swarmed.

I'll say this, it's my belief that those who cry that Creeps are OP are primarily those who were OP prior to this update and have lost their I-Win button.. No, it's not ez-mode anymore for all those ez-moding freeps who were out soloing prior to this update. As a matter of fact, a lot of those ez-freeps are out playing what they think is going to be the OP Creeps now. Not to worry though, as soon as they see those like Spark or Mazzor holding their own once they are all geared out, then they'll be flowing back to Freep.

It reminds me of those days when your Guard was gimped and then got a little boost. Then Guards got a big boost and suddenly tons of Guards showed up in the Moores.

Anyway, it's final, I'm actually a little optimistic about this game again (just a little, turbine still has a ways to go to totally win me back) but we'll see..

And if you do come back, do click that spar button when you see me, I think you'll be proud of the improvements I've made. Afterall, we Reavers did get a lot of practice at playing the most gimped class in the game for a long time.

PS: Oh, and in time, when Freeps have caught up, I've no doubt that Creeps will own Freeps but that has nothing to do with game mechanics. It has to do with there actually being more skilled PVPr's on Creepside than Freep due to all the ez-moding that Freeps had (of course there are a few Freep exceptions but not many).
    I did actually try out my reaver for a day, it was so stupidly op imo lol. I think this is the strongest the reavers been since book 7 moria. I noticed a big jump in reavers' strength from how I was in RoI to how I am now. Keep in mind as well Gun, I've been playin my reaver since book 13 of SoA, while u really only started playing urs die hard since SoM heh. Mazzor's a decent champ, and I would say he is up there, but he aint no Nudes or Aiolis lol. Like I said tho, perhaps reavers won't be seen as op when freeps gear up, but I still don't like the pvp mechanics they did.

My problem is they killed 1v1s with the pvp mechanics, so I'd be uninterested in my reaver anyway; if I can't 1v1 on him, y bother playing him? I'd play a support class if I want to fight in group battles all the time. Not saying group battles on reaver weren't fun, but I much prefer to play him in 1v1 situations rather than group battles.

I stopped playing my guard when the RoI audacity hit due to its ezmodeness, yes lol, and the fact that I love my Commander rank (nearly rank 12, but dont want it hehehe). I'd still argue the fact that guards are pretty op on the freep spectrum. The -mit in OP stance can be easily be made up with the right mit gear, and guards will prolly need to go sword and shield for more armor/mit. I hear the damage is still nice in it.

Perhaps the dps on freeps will be increased and that will be the only main issue, but they have to do it slightly, not too big of an increase, but not too small like they did now.

Yeah, maybe I'll come by to spar you one day, better do it soon b4 u get too much aud lol, I'm only at 7 .

In conclusion, I just dont like what they did to pvp as a whole, not as much so that has to do with freeps and creeps in general, hence y I'm not playing either side nor the game for that matter.
    Last edited by Grimphore; Oct 31 2012 at 07:31 PM.
    OP RoI Hunter Build:

Quote Originally Posted by chrisCML View Post
    A creep healer could out-heal ONE freep DPS toon?....that sounds dangerously like they may have healing utility in RvR then.....blasphemy!
    And yet, RoR wargs can burn through minstrel heals. (Heals aren't getting any better by more gear, it still caps at 50%).

Healing classes have naturally lower mits and should not be able to outheal dps-CC combos from a primary dps class. A defiler should not be able to "bounce back" from a fear>mez combo while the hunter keeps firing away (making it harder to get heals off on yourself), just as a minstrel can no longer "bounce back" from a knockdown>silence combo while the warg keeps slashing away.
    RIP Milkmefondly 2014

I did actually try out my reaver for a day, it was so stupidly op imo lol. I think this is the strongest the reavers been since book 7 moria. I noticed a big jump in reavers' strength from how I was in RoI to how I am now. Keep in mind as well Gun, I've been playin my reaver since book 13 of SoA, while u really only started playing urs die hard since SoM heh. Mazzor's a decent champ, and I would say he is up there, but he aint no Nudes or Aiolis lol. Like I said tho, perhaps reavers won't be seen as op when freeps gear up, but I still don't like the pvp mechanics they did.

My problem is they killed 1v1s with the pvp mechanics, so I'd be uninterested in my reaver anyway; if I can't 1v1 on him, y bother playing him? I'd play a support class if I want to fight in group battles all the time. Not saying group battles on reaver weren't fun, but I much prefer to play him in 1v1 situations rather than group battles.

I stopped playing my guard when the RoI audacity hit due to its ezmodeness, yes lol, and the fact that I love my Commander rank (nearly rank 12, but dont want it hehehe).

Yeah, maybe I'll come by to spar you one day, better do it soon b4 u get too much aud lol, I'm only at 7 .

In conclusion, I just dont like what they did to pvp as a whole, not as much so that has to do with freeps and creeps in general, hence y I'm not playing either side nor the game for that matter.
    Well ok but I am disappointed because I was really looking forward to finally kicking your azz in 1v1s. And by the way, well played Guards are still OP in the Moores.
    Ronnug - The Blueberry Reaver on Gladden
    I don't feel a thing when dieing ingame. The only time I really mind is when the rez is on the other side of the map.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast