We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

It's Official: "Creeps are OP"

Or at least that's what Debuff came into Creep OOC and announced.

Now being a freaver, I don't totally agree but that's the only perspective I have. I will say I am pleased so far with what I can now do on my Reaver compared to before this update. I see him being competitive once my Audacity is up and I have the p2w skills I want..

I also predict that we will see a lot more of the "use-to-be-op" Freeps playing on Creepside now but only time will tell (sillyflipflopperz)..

Anyway, I leave it to the rest of you to inform me on what classes are op and what are not..
    Ronnug - The Blueberry Reaver on Gladden
    I don't feel a thing when dieing ingame. The only time I really mind is when the rez is on the other side of the map.

It's really not that hard in this game to determine which classes are op and which are not, Gunz .

The prob is: ppl don't like to admit when they are op so they believe themselves to be "skilled", being more times than not, they aren't. From the over 5 years I've played this game, I've always strive for a challenge and always tried to play the game on the most challenging class to 1v1 on/play on, creep or freep. Many people don't operate that way, sadly, it's human nature for most. In the grand scheme of things, play a class you enjoy I guess, but play it because it's your favorite class and main, don't flip flop and play one since it's the most op/easymode.

Though I do not really play this game anymore, I was messing around on reaver for a lil b4 leaving completely, and from what I can tell, seen, and heard, we're pretty op now. Turbine managed to take the most nerfed creep class and make them too op than what they needed to be. They always do this, can never just make them balanced. Even if I did play this game, I prob wouldn't even touch my reaver. The 4 bleeds, 3 being aoe, and then being able to use impale to make for op op damage, to top off with dev strike and the strength of wrath is just ridic lol. Any reaver that doesn't think they are op is stupid or in denial, but to the people that think reavers>spiders op-wise are even stupider or in worse denial. Keep in mind, this is before many people have their audacity.

People that play the classes just like to embrace the opness and get back at the classes on freepside that did harm to them in the past. I dont fault people that play that creep as their main, but it's very lolworthy when you see people switch sides, or make a certain creep their main after getting that much power, because they like to easymode and prolly sucked at it when it was balanced so they didnt play it as much. I can give you names of a few ppl that do that, but I'll be nice and hold my tongue for once . There are also people that are doing so well now because of their new-found power, that normally wouldn't be able to hold a candle to anyone in a fight if they weren't so strong now, which always has ticked me off when not as skilled or skilless players that are now op start doing good when they couldnt b4 when they were balanced and can beat those freeps that play on a balanced class that used to own them b4. For example, I heard a mediocre high ranked spider was almost able to 3v1 competent freeps until someone else came to help them. Keep in mind, this is before many people have their audacity.

Here's how people I've talked to have rated creep opness, from greatest to weakest:
    Spider
    Defiler
    Reaver
    Warleader
    Blackarrow
    Warg

Anyway, all this being said, I say for freeps to just try and get all their audacity gear and other gear as well, trait up, rank up for their freep legendary, etc. Anyone remember how op wargs were when aud first came out and when ppl were first getting their aud since no one had any? I remember Wolfgash owned my hunter at first 1 aud vs 1 aud, but when I got audacity and it was 7 aud vs 7 aud, the tides turned in my favor a bit. Once people got audacity, everything started balancing out again. I say personally hold judgement on creeps being op till everyone is geared up and auded up completely, except for spiders, they seem like they will still be very op still, perhaps even reavers too, and maybe defilers still, but who knows :P.

Here in lies another prob tho, the moors won't be balanced with all these fluctuating buffs, and will only promote zerging.
    Last edited by Grimphore; Oct 24 2012 at 04:15 PM.
    Ewoc EMAY of the "Lonely Mountain" , Izergz Reaver
    OP RoI Hunter Build:
    http://i414.photobucket.com/albums/p...nShot00071.jpg

OP or not, Freeps must learn to adapt to the changes. It's probably going to be harder for easymode freep classes, but that is a good thing. I am pretty sure that there will always be freeps here that are able to defeat creeps with pure skill. We got plenty of awesome players on our server after all

Not a too big fan of the outpost buffs either. Would have been nice with some kind of 1v1 area where these buffs were neglected or something like that
    Maruan the 2nd RainbowWorg™ of Gladden and that other hunter dude

Quote Originally Posted by Hedvik View Post
    OP or not, Freeps must learn to adapt to the changes. It's probably going to be harder for easymode freep classes, but that is a good thing. I am pretty sure that there will always be freeps here that are able to defeat creeps with pure skill. We got plenty of awesome players on our server after all

Not a too big fan of the outpost buffs either. Would have been nice with some kind of 1v1 area where these buffs were neglected or something like that
    (not on topic)
    after all the whining you have done about the cappy MC damage I had to lol reading "adept to the changes"

You heard that freeps, adept. now go out in the moors so I can kill more people on my reaver
    Do you come from a land down under? Where women glow and men plunder? Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder? You better run, you better take cover - Men at Work.
    You're welcome. Now it will fester in your head :p

Quote Originally Posted by Witch0King View Post
    after all the whining you have done about the cappy MC damage I had to lol reading "adept to the changes"
    I was talking about PvMP! Cappys still have op damage when mounted ._.

I was talking about PvMP! Cappys still have op damage when mounted ._.
    Do you come from a land down under? Where women glow and men plunder? Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder? You better run, you better take cover - Men at Work.

It's Turbine Hed, they make stupid decisions. I even asked for an 1v1 area that had no renown/inf buffs be applied, but they didnt institute that.

(not on topic)

You heard that freeps, adept. now go out in the moors so I can kill more people on my reaver >
    Lol pretty much simultaneous posts, u two gay love birds .
    OP RoI Hunter Build:

Il stop complaining once they fix grouping with open tapping so I dont have to try and tag every single mob before you oneshot them
    Last edited by Hedvik; Oct 24 2012 at 05:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimphore View Post
    Lol pretty much simultaneous posts, u two gay love birds .
    He is probably stalking me...

He is probably stalking me...
    only the most terrible hunter would let himself get stalked by a dwarf, man, uruk & orc.

only the most terrible hunter would let himself get stalked by a dwarf, man, uruk & orc.
    Not if the dwarf was hiding inside a bush, the man screams 19k devs at me, the uruk hides behind a tree and the orc charges away from sight all the time.

Well, rangers can't dps through a rank 3 Defiler's heals so that's still worth &&&&.
    I have a noob rune keeper and a champ that only tanks. Suck it.

Any reaver that doesn't think they are op is stupid or in denial, but to the people that think reavers>spiders op-wise are even stupider or in worse denial. Keep in mind, this is before many people have their audacity.
    Well my excuse I'll use is that I'm stupid. But that goes without saying. At rank 8 with 8 Audacity, I am an even match for Sparkman who still owns me the majority of the time but that's simply due to him being a better gamer than I.
    Now for the Cappie he runs with (I'll butcher the name if I attempt it), He has no problem with me at all, never loosing more than half his health if that much. Those are the only two I've actually 1v1'd with and you know Sparkman was probably holding back to make it a challenge. He's one of the few I know that probably dies as much as Gunnor or Vinner.

Honestly, can we say yet who is OP and who isn't? No Freeps have all their Gear or Audacity as of yet and I don't know a Creep that's maxed out their Audacity yet.

Sparkman and the Cappie may be kicking my tush whenever they desire but my initial impression is that lotro pvp is about as balanced as I've ever seen it. And that comes from not my interactions but from other Reavers that are good players (Razio and others)..

PS: you playing GW2? If so, send me a pm with server info and I'll pay ya a visit. I followed old Ooty over there after we reached endgame in SWTOR and he's actually a PVP officer on an oceanic server and leading huge raids again.. Like him or not, Ooty is fun and entertaining as a raid leader..
    I don't feel a thing when dieing ingame. The only time I really mind is when the rez is on the other side of the map.

Quote Originally Posted by DaxMaxtor View Post
    Well my excuse I'll use is that I'm stupid. But that goes without saying. At rank 8 with 8 Audacity, I am an even match for Sparkman who still owns me the majority of the time but that's simply due to him being a better gamer than I.
    Now for the Cappie he runs with (I'll butcher the name if I attempt it), He has no problem with me at all, never loosing more than half his health if that much. Those are the only two I've actually 1v1'd with and you know Sparkman was probably holding back to make it a challenge. He's one of the few I know that probably dies as much as Gunnor or Vinner.

Honestly, can we say yet who is OP and who isn't? No Freeps have all their Gear or Audacity as of yet and I don't know a Creep that's maxed out their Audacity yet.

Sparkman and the Cappie may be kicking my tush whenever they desire but my initial impression is that lotro pvp is about as balanced as I've ever seen it. And that comes from not my interactions but from other Reavers that are good players (Razio and others)..

PS: you playing GW2? If so, send me a pm with server info and I'll pay ya a visit. I followed old Ooty over there after we reached endgame in SWTOR and he's actually a PVP officer on an oceanic server and leading huge raids again.. Like him or not, Ooty is fun and entertaining as a raid leader..
    Stupid is what stupid does . Actually, Sparkman has been going all out on everybody he has been fighting it's been that tough for him 1v1ing as of late due to creeps new found strength. He only has 8 audacity as of recently, and a couple pieces of crafted jewellery with that 85 rank 10 legendary.

Grimphore is the name of his Cappie friend (using his f2p account to post on the forums).

As for reaver's strength, people that didnt do as well on the reaver b4 the expac are doing much better than they should be due to its power right now.

That's exactly what I was saying, Gun. Gotta wait till everyone gears/gets full aud b4 u can truly judge it, but I got a good feeling some of the creep classes will still be a bit op, but yeah, who knows for sure. One should not qq until they have got all available gear to them.

I'm not playing any games really atm, I'm busy with college stuff, and harrasing ppl on the forums when I can .
    Last edited by Grimphore; Oct 24 2012 at 07:25 PM.
    OP RoI Hunter Build:

Clown • Reject • Gigabytes

Quote Originally Posted by the_blah View Post
    I don't get it?

Did you finally find those stupid pant or are you out of milk and now your showing us your new purse? Oh, or is that a man-bag?
    Last edited by DaxMaxtor; Oct 24 2012 at 07:51 PM.

I think freeps are over reacting. It is just too soon to tell.

Freeps have to gear up (not aud, since that both have about the same as before, but jewls, virtues, and weapons li or not) and with very low freep number the new moors is controlled by creeps, that alone gives a huge advantage to creeps with the DPS buff. Last two days we manage to get a group going and flipped some OPs and the fight was not as bad.

I think in a few weeks to a month it will balance, but freeps will still need to learn how to play together and organize. The old freep op state where soloers did awesome will hardly happen.
    Mellar@Gladden, DOTH Hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Tchad View Post

Freeps have to gear up (not aud, since that both have about the same as before, but jewls, virtues, and weapons li or not)
    I agree with the other gear Mel, but I think aud gear still makes a difference as well. Like I said per my example, a warg with aud 1 vs freeps with aud 1, the warg owned them back in RoI. When the freep and warg got aud 7, the fight was much more balanced. Aud reduces cc and damage, thus changing the dynamic of pvping as a whole.
    OP RoI Hunter Build:

There will never be any balance... learn to live with that.

Yes, creeps got a buff, but freeps can still tear through them. Youre all focusing on the statistics, but not the gameplay itself. Group up and play your classes for that which they were designed for and you'll see what each side is capable of doing.

My Reaver who has 23k morale still dies in a matter of seconds.. its all going to be ok. Just L2P

PS: Vinner quit you whining..
    HIGHCHIEFTAINNAZGRUL
    CHIEFWARRIORPEGASIS
    COMMANDERMARIUSS

I don't get it?

Did you finally find those stupid pant or are you out of milk and now your showing us your new purse? Oh, or is that a man-bag?
    My man bag is a lunch box.

My point is, how many times will we see threads about how stupid freeps are? Plus I'm tired of Vinner's elitist posts. Blah blah blah. It's just a game. Have fun.
    Clown • Reject • Gigabytes

Quote Originally Posted by Mariuss View Post
    There will never be any balance... learn to live with that.

Yes, creeps got a buff, but freeps can still tear through them. Youre all focusing on the statistics, but not the gameplay itself. Group up and play your classes for that which they were designed for and you'll see what each side is capable of doing.

My Reaver who has 23k morale still dies in a matter of seconds.. its all going to be ok. Just L2P

PS: Vinner quit you whining..
    Whining? Who the hell is whining? I'm not u or Tarvin my friend lol. I havent seen u play consistently in ages; how do you think you have any idea what you're talking about? The last time I saw u was on ur wl a couple months b4 this expac, and I assume u werent playing much and dont have aud on reaver so you really can't make any judgement on the current situation. Watch Slashed and Raizo, they will show u how "easily" they are getting "blown up". The moors are the most imbalanced they ever been, but of course when creeps get a major buff, of course you of all people think everything is fine. I even stated in my posts that we shouldn't be so quick to judge creep's strength due to freeps not having all their gear, so idk how that can be translated into as whining. My posts weren't directed at creep opness, it was about the moors as a whole and mechanics. I don't even play anymore, so idc, I was just giving my and others' non qqing thoughts on the matter.

Anyway, I'm surprised you didnt go back to ur champ at 75 when they got op again like u did ur reaver in book 7 moria on when they got op and you couldnt easy mode on ur champ like you could in book 6 moria, dont talk to me about whining. Four bleeds, impale, and dev strike LOL. I have a reaver too you know, I'm not blind to their newly-acquired strength. I admit and realize when a class is op or not unlike you, then I try to play something that actually takes skill and do well on it.

Like I stated in my previous posts in a non whining manner, just gotta wait and see if when the freeps get gear they will be in better shape, which I think they may be.
    Last edited by Grimphore; Oct 25 2012 at 01:35 AM.
    OP RoI Hunter Build:

Quote Originally Posted by the_blah View Post
    My man bag is a lunch box.

My point is, how many times will we see threads about how stupid freeps are? Plus I'm tired of Vinner's elitist posts. Blah blah blah. It's just a game. Have fun.
    I don't think I called anyone stupid and that certainly wasn't my intention. Do you think Debuff is stupid?

Do you think Debuff is stupid?
    yes. yes i do.

stuff
    so you whine about him whining about you whining ?

so you whine about him whining about you whining ?
    thats alot of whining..........

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast