We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Yes we do. "Wrath" is the final red trait [on a light steed?]. Like how Motivation Through Aggression is the final blue, and Disengaging Strikes is the final yellow.

Now, why he has all three cap legacies when each is only active in its respective mounted stance is a mystery.
    [size=1][i]A spaceship from another star / They ask me where all the people are
    I tell them I'm the only one / There was a war, but I must have won[/i][/size]

Quote Originally Posted by Nakiami View Post
    Yes we do. "Wrath" is the final red trait [on a light steed?]. Like how Motivation Through Aggression is the final blue, and Disengaging Strikes is the final yellow.

Now, why he has all three cap legacies when each is only active in its respective mounted stance is a mystery.
    Nak, thank you for clarifying this. I had actually asked twice in our global channel to see if anyone understood these legs. No one did. While this may seem obvious to some, it is definitely not understood by all. Anyway, as I said, it may be a stupid question. Glad I asked.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c0000001d66e0/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Nakiami View Post
    As i mentioned this is solo-friendly bridle, it means i swap stances a lot during combat. Starting with Riddermark to dismount enemies then dpsing them down at Red Dawn and ofc healing myself at Rohirrim.

Anyway i have to admit i wasnt pretty sure whether i wanna use Class skill dismount chance legacy or Disengaging strikes one...after all it doesnt matter, but i would rather use the first one if i have one more chance (dont wanna use extra scrolls for it)

Thats quite it, i didnt find any other major legacies intruiging enough to slot. Maybe Damage over time one, but ./meh.
    Christiniel, leader of Czech Royal Knights on Withywindle server

Ah, I'm just in Red Dawn all the time. No issues.
    [size=1][i]A spaceship from another star / They ask me where all the people are
    I tell them I'm the only one / There was a war, but I must have won[/i][/size]

Had no problems holding aggro on Bugud in the middle of about 10 other classes. So nothing wrong with my mounted DPS even though it's more machine-gun than cannon in terms of damage per individual shot. Swap from Red Dawn to Rohirrim occasionally when morale/power get low, but mostly Red Dawn and dismounts are very satisfying. Have one-shotted several mounted uruks, too.

100s: Aedfrith (HN), Aldnoth (CP), Hrolfdan (MN), Aldfryd (WD), Morriarty (CH), Aednoth (LM), Mishhar (BR), Hraldan (GR), Rumbold (BG): The little ones - Rumbelina (MN), Brai (RK)
    Rangers of Eriador (officer), Snowbourn
    A Noob for All Seasons

Ive tried MC on 3 classes now. In order of "how fast it is to kill a mob"

1) Captain on Medium.

2) Warden on Heavy

3 Hunter on Light.

The Captain is quite frankly, amazing.
    Hunter & alts on Snowborne since 2007, now on Evernight.

This looks like light reading, with the DPS dealt by hunter after all being dealt at a safe distance.

However -

Many mobs have one tactic mounted, which is to be slower than the hunter to always gain positional damage. Also, after being poked off their mounts, some mobs will maintain the same runspeed as they did while mounted.

The main issue I have with damage-dealing on a hunter mounted is that the speed slows down randomly. The game doesn't know where my character is, or it knows my hunter is not where the screen shows it to be.

I see almost everyone is going for light steeds (i've heard/seen some considering medium for the bleeds I believe). Even though light steed is fun (firing a lot of arrows, great manoeuvrability), I had better results (from a dps point of view) using a heavy steed.

The reasons are "Ride for Ruin" (+25% critical chance, applying to all skills), "Opportunist" (+45% mounted positionnal damage) and "Mounted Advantage" (+30% damage vs unmounted units).
    The crit chance bonus is obvious, the mounted advantage is great for "long" fights when you are sure you (or someone else) will manage to dismount ennemies, and the opportunist bonus is just amazing when the ennemy is tanked. So the last is almsot useless for solo play, but really efficient for group play : I have a guardian friend take aggro of everything, he rides a regular pattern with ennemies chasing him, and I chasing them .

Heavy steed is also good for solo play because it gives a little more room for mistakes, being a bit more resilient than light steeds.

The other day I went to kill my daily Bugud : the mob was being tanked (static) by some guy and was dismounted, so i just stood still some distance behind him and fired at him for 30 seconds. Here is the result, no buffs (Bugud might had some player debuffs, did not check at all) :

For the record, I am using a light bridle because heavy steed legs are useless for hunters, while light steed legs could be usefull if I ever use a light steed. I used the Rohirrim Skill Damage for the times I switch to regen power, but I think I might change it for Red Dawn power cost.

Quote Originally Posted by gelleg View Post
    I don't want to know what a champ does in 1 hit I want to know what they do over several minutes on a boss like bugud vs what a hunter does for the same time period.
    Exactly. I don't get the big hits, but I always have aggro on Bugud at the end, even if I come in late. And that usually includes stance swapping for power (though lately I've been not using as much even when I forget and leave Dash toggled on).

Quote Originally Posted by Murky_Majare View Post
    Oh, we do *far* more aggro per point of damage compared to other classes.

So grabbing aggro is easy.

The problem is that we are doing far less damage than say the champ and burg (... and LM, and OP Guardian, and WS Minstral, and...)

Grabbing aggro does not mean that we do a lot of damage.

Quite the oposite. Another problem with the hunters at the moment is that the disadvantage in aggro means that we cannot even do damage equal to our (poor) 100% capasity.
    So many things wrong with this, not sure where to begin.

Strength Stance hasn't added damage threat for a long time now, and even if it did, stances deactivate in MC.

1 point of damage is 1 point of damage threat, unless it's coming from a class that has traits/skills that decrease/increase threat inherently. It's unlikely that the Champs and Burgs you're claiming to be behind in DPS are using any such skills, unless they're dismounting to HiPS or Ebbing Ire.

And with range and a horse, not sure why you would think that we couldn't DPS at 100%. There's absolutely no penalty for range DPS tanking with mounted combat.
    Work like no one is watching, dance like you don't need the money...

Quote Originally Posted by gelleg View Post
    I don't want to know what a champ does in 1 hit I want to know what they do over several minutes on a boss like bugud vs what a hunter does for the same time period.
    Hunter makes more damage by far. Champs hits are bigger, even 100% bigger, but i burn everything much faster on my hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by serpman View Post
    Hunter makes more damage by far. Champs hits are bigger, even 100% bigger, but i burn everything much faster on my hunter.
    May I ask which mount you are using? My hunter is on a light mount and find it is the slower to kill warbands (or anything really) than my other two characters: champ (light) and loremaster (medium). I have not unlocked the heavy steed in store yet so am unable to test drive it. Perhaps it is worth buying?

The problem is that we are doing far less damage than say the champ and burg (... and LM, and OP Guardian, and WS Minstral, and...)
    Well.. just find a mob with huge morale pool, a champ/burg ect, log CombatAnalysis, begin to hit it at the same time till it's killed, and post the numbers..

I've yet to see a champ/burg that does far more single target DPS than me, not to mention LMs, OP Guards or WS Minstrels.

And overall, I'm a noob.
    Man cenuva métim' andúnë.

Grabbing aggro does not mean that we do a lot of damage.
    What in the world are you talking about?

A Hunter should out-DPS any class except maybe Champion in CBR and a glass cannon Burglar with PvP set. The fact that you think you think Hunters do "far less" DPS than LMs, Guardians, and Minstrels says more about you than the Hunter class.

Quite the oposite. Another problem with the hunters at the moment is that the disadvantage in aggro means that we cannot even do damage equal to our (poor) 100% capasity.
    Really? Our Hunter (Cazikee) did 4800 in our latest FF Challenge without getting aggro.

Quote Originally Posted by Farasilion View Post
    Well.. just find a mob with huge morale pool, a champ/burg ect, log CombatAnalysis, begin to hit it at the same time till it's killed, and post the numbers..

I've yet to see a champ/burg that does far more single target DPS than me, not to mention LMs, OP Guards or WS Minstrels.

And overall, I'm a noob.
    While I don't disagree that you need a lot of improvement (as Tarelarien says, what good is the best DPS Hunter if she can't control her aggro and dies at the start of every encounter ), you did 2500 un-buffed training dummy DPS at level 75, and you are the best single-target DPS Hunter on the server. So perhaps you are not the best standard either.

And in an actual Raid with CBR, I will blow your DPS parses away
    Last edited by Miretocot; Nov 17 2012 at 12:29 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c0000001feb60/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I am doing mounted combat with all 9 classes, obviously with some classes I have been playing more and some are more or less "parked" at Harwick until it's time to level them more.

So, now my hunter got his turn. I noticed immediately that for some odd reason hunter shoots auto-attacks in between every mounted class attack, and that makes the whole mounted combat seem... slow, especially when I compare it to other classes who can just shoot skills right after previous one has been launched.

Has anyone else noticed this difference? I am mainly using Red Dawn discipline with Light Warsteed.

For the record, yes it seems like hunter doesn't do "big hits" but those bleed ticks improve the overall DPS.

Medium traitlines, go for the bleed factor. My spread of arrows skill is now doing 60 seconds of bleed ticks, not to mention all the other bleeds. We may not be putting up big crit numbers compared to other classes, but I feel like I'm being pretty effective, especially when chasing. The medium also allows you to tank pretty effectively when necessary, and switching on the fly will keep your damage, health, and power going in long fights. It's a great solo setup.

What I've been having trouble finding information on is the effect class traits have on mounted combat if any. I've always been a blue hunter, I love the capstone. But blue stacked bonuses mainly effect your skills... skills you don't use while mounted. Red stacked bonuses on the other hand, if applied to mounted combat could certainly effect your output. Any threads with deep discussion about just how mounted damage is calculated and what gear/stats/traits effect them or not?
    KyaCloud & PuffyCloud
    4 Chalk Road, Whitwich,The Shire Homesteads
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d2160000000392e6/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Kongas View Post
    The Light Steed is the best fit for our class as it maximises dps. It's fast and maneuverable.

Warsteeds.com is a good fan site.

http://warsteeds.com/
    Thanks for this! Just giving it a bump, as I'm about to be overwhelmed by mounted combat info. :P

Anyone have any new insight regarding MC? Things you wish you had done differently perhaps?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a000000257c9e/signature.png]Machaela[/charsig]

[url]http://my.lotro.com/home/character/2208351/146929937845419166/[/url]

Talking

I don't get it. Wasn't the hunter supposed to be the burst dps class with a little crowd control? Why do champs do twice the damage on a hard hit than a hunter?

Quote Originally Posted by melyjely View Post
    May I ask which mount you are using? My hunter is on a light mount and find it is the slower to kill warbands (or anything really) than my other two characters: champ (light) and loremaster (medium). I have not unlocked the heavy steed in store yet so am unable to test drive it. Perhaps it is worth buying?
    The hunter works best with a light agile mount. Light mount may have low moral pool but with a hunt you can stay far away from most mobs so they don't hit you. The light mount is also fast enough to escape almost anything.

Quote Originally Posted by sakisman View Post
    I don't get it. Wasn't the hunter supposed to be the burst dps class with a little crowd control? Why do champs do twice the damage on a hard hit than a hunter?
    One single big hit doesn't compare to a ton of 4k-10k hits in the same amount of time.

My guardian can smack something for 29k devastating blow using Rohan's Edge (I think that's the skill). Highest I've seen my hunter hit with kill shot is something like 11-14k I think.

Regardless, there is no one that can pull aggro off me on my hunter unless it's the cheating Lore-masters with their damage sucking debuff. My hunter's DPS is far, far, far better than my guardian due to the speed I can lay out the hits.
    Chromite (Hunter) - Grumbletocks (Guardian) on Landroval, Appendage (Hunter) on Brandywine

Quote Originally Posted by Tchad View Post
    I see burgs and champs parsing 10k attacks and I got 1 shot by a good champ of my kin on a mounted spar, the same champ told me he did a 14k dmg hit on a low level npc.

I am hitting a lot less, about 5 to 6k on my biggest hits.

I am not feeling bad because right know it is easy even to solo bugud, but I am still curious. How hard are u fellow hunters hitting when mounted?

Cheers.
    My highest crit WITHOUT a horse is 15.5 k. On a horse it's 21k. I really don't know what you guys are talking about . As in all MMOs it all depends on gear. When a hunter has good gear nothing can beat him in dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Chemnik View Post
    My highest crit WITHOUT a horse is 15.5 k. On a horse it's 21k. I really don't know what you guys are talking about . As in all MMOs it all depends on gear. When a hunter has good gear nothing can beat him in dps.
    This was all last year. Nowdays I can even run in blue all the way for self heal laziness and can retain agro while doing so rather safely. I still don't dish out as big hits as others but it does the job.
    At least new version of the game, that heart-seeker of yours has a place in the game. Currently, if we are two hunters and the other goes for HS big-badaboom-blammo, I rarely do less damage as a whole even if the other guy can look at a big number. On field mobs I usually kill them before his induction is done...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2