We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

lvl 85 hunter mounted dps

I see burgs and champs parsing 10k attacks and I got 1 shot by a good champ of my kin on a mounted spar, the same champ told me he did a 14k dmg hit on a low level npc.

I am hitting a lot less, about 5 to 6k on my biggest hits.

I am not feeling bad because right know it is easy even to solo bugud, but I am still curious. How hard are u fellow hunters hitting when mounted?

Cheers.

That's about what I am hitting as well, feeling like a warden solo def isn't bad, just not the right feel for the class.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c000000069736/01005/signature.png]Smugo[/charsig]

In my Kinship a Champion post me hits by 20k.

My highest was 8,8k with my Hunter
    There must be a mistake with this class. Even a Loremaster show me hits with 12k.

That's what I'm hitting also. It's fun and all but despite what somone was trolling earlier, hunters are as far down the'god-mode' queue as ever.

For what it's worth I feel our damage is about right. Even allowing for steed/bridle differences no class should be doing 20k damage. It makes a mockery of the content.

Agreed, a champ mate hit 14k but he was right up to the mob to do it. Biggest hit with full fury was something like a 9k kill shot - but I kill things fine thanks to fast shooting and lots of stacking of DOTs. No complaints here.

JFTR - some interesting recent deaths:

* Death from misadventure when falling off the path in the Underwall
    * Death from misadventure when war-steed got stuck between Hytbold gate and the wall
    * Death from misadventure when falling through the floor in Harwick
    * One-shotted by Bugud with a 10k crit

Big hits are 7-8k and average hits are 3-5k. At first it was driving me crazy trying to figure out *what* I was doing wrong! Kinnies, (guards and burgs mostly) were posting 9-11k hits. Once I got that through my head, I thought about how the guard and burg play...it's all melee. They get one hit per jousting run and hunter can circle and plink while keeping fury up. If melee classes were doing the same damage mounted as they do on foot, it'd take 10 passes at a mob to kill it. That would be miserable. The RKs have it bad, my RK is only 76 but MC for her is far less powerful that it was at 76 with my hunter. Fire is ok, but lightning is very underpowered. It took 5-6 passes at a bird *a bird!* to kill it with lightning.

I still have lvl 75 Orthanc gear and jewelry, so I'm willing to wait and see how things are once I get the new gear unlocked.

I don't want to know what a champ does in 1 hit I want to know what they do over several minutes on a boss like bugud vs what a hunter does for the same time period.

Quote Originally Posted by gelleg View Post
    I don't want to know what a champ does in 1 hit I want to know what they do over several minutes on a boss like bugud vs what a hunter does for the same time period.
    I rode up on a pack of people who had been working on Bugud for a while.. and I mean a HUGE pack of people last night. It was just after reset and everyone was out hunting the big warbands. Anyhow, I showed up about 45 seconds to a minute into the fight and was able to pull aggro off of everyone. I am still using a first age level 75 bow, too.

I did some testing with medium and heavy steeds last night. They just do not compare to the dps output of a light steed at all.

They have high initial hits but cannot sustain damage output at all.
    Chromite (Hunter) - Grumbletocks (Guardian) on Landroval, Appendage (Hunter) on Brandywine

Quote Originally Posted by Daragh View Post
    The RKs have it bad, my RK is only 76 but MC for her is far less powerful that it was at 76 with my hunter. Fire is ok, but lightning is very underpowered. It took 5-6 passes at a bird *a bird!* to kill it with lightning. .
    I also have an rk, i have to say rk are better on foot when going lighting I mean the lighting dps on mount is just terrible but the debuffs are nice. But I am not in favor of having an rk attacking without facing the target (reminds me of hawk eye from the Avengers).

As for the parse, apparently I score common 2k-6k hits along with commonly stacked burned in which I believe are hunter's main damage source if stack over and over since we are rangers and can attack enemies at all times while melee classes have to joust around, so I say fair enough to make them hit higher. Also note that hunters can attack at anytime whereas champs ad burgs has to do hit-n-run tactics meaning that they will build up to near max fury whereas hunters just keep pounding targets. From what I have seen so far, any melee class not fully-charging their furry before the next attack well fall short of dps (of course) while hunters just gets their to minimal furry and launch quick hits for rinse-n-repeat.

lately I've scoring hit around 10k-14k one shot dismount kills but that may be to the fact that dismounting a target causes extra damage, not sure if it's true yet but I would to see the results as my by others for whenever i do so, i just do dismount kills -_-.
    Last edited by lioheart; Oct 25 2012 at 01:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChromiteSwiftpaw View Post
    I did some testing with medium and heavy steeds last night. They just do not compare to the dps output of a light steed at all.

I had done some myself, the damage is actually the same but it's the rate of it the differs. Each generates furry at a different pace, thus meaning slower furry meaning lower dps rate if you keep spamming hits early on but waiting for furry to gain is a lost into what can actually be a faster kill (applying this to hunters only). Basically damage is base on how fast your furry is generated.

Quote Originally Posted by ChromiteSwiftpaw View Post
    I rode up on a pack of people who had been working on Bugud for a while.. and I mean a HUGE pack of people last night. It was just after reset and everyone was out hunting the big warbands. Anyhow, I showed up about 45 seconds to a minute into the fight and was able to pull aggro off of everyone. I am still using a first age level 75 bow, too.

Oh, we do *far* more aggro per point of damage compared to other classes.

So grabbing aggro is easy.

The problem is that we are doing far less damage than say the champ and burg (... and LM, and OP Guardian, and WS Minstral, and...)

Grabbing aggro does not mean that we do a lot of damage.

Quite the oposite. Another problem with the hunters at the moment is that the disadvantage in aggro means that we cannot even do damage equal to our (poor) 100% capasity.

Until we can compare like with like and then the dps over time I guess we don't know the relative strengths of each class.

I'm comfortable with my performance at the moment. My horse isn't quite fully levelled and I'm still learning tactics but I can see that speed and range give us some advantage. And the same speed and range give us a uniquely valuable tactical role others in the ad hoc groups probaably don't even notice us doing.

That is the oversight role. If fighting something like Bugud with an impromptu bunch my main focus when turning to max-fury charge back into range is:

'Is anyone in trouble?'

Especially with Bugud the battle tends to be a massive fur-ball of him, his minions and every other add in the area that get dragged in. It's a real mess and the answer is often 'yes'.

Many times now I've charged in to one shot an add mauling some dismounted melee type about to go down and out and then quickly pulled the aggro of the other 2 on him with the short cool-down ranging shot.

I know no-one really notices but it feels cool.

Quick related question: which war steed to choose as a hunter? I have resumed playing lotro only today and I feel lost with RoR.
    Also is there some guide for which traits would be cool for hunters?
    If yes a link would be nice.
    Thanks.

did a parse on kramp. I did 819 dps over the whole fight. I have 1988 agi , 25k mastery, and an 85 ta bow. With the same bow I did 1400 on the snowbourne dummy.

did a parse on kramp. I did 819 dps over the whole fight. I have 1988 agi , 25k mastery, and an 85 ta bow. With the same bow I did 1400 on the snowbourne dummy.
    Are you waiting for full/half fury to build up? Damage will increase signigicantly if you hit a target with near full fury rather than spam attacks. What level is your bridle? Get the fury legacy on your bridle as high as you can afford it, the higher the level of your bridle the more fury bonus the LI will have.

from my experience I fire as fast as I can and get better results than waiting. I will try further tests but considering full fury from 0 to full takes 3-4 seconds or more even traited yellow. I can't imagine it would be better than firing as fast as you can. my bridle is a light sa with full fury rating. From purely observation stuff dies faster if I fire the skills as fast as possible. I also have the blue trait that reduces cooldowns and the 3 center blocks of yellow. Another thing I note is that full fury seems to raise the high end of damage but not as much at the low end most likely fury becomes a percentage applied after damage amount is determined not one that raises the value before determining the damage of the hit. I have seen full fury hits for very small damage (1k or so) and huge damage(6k at times). Full fury is certainly better than none but not a guarantee of more damage in my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Aohh View Post
    Quick related question: which war steed to choose as a hunter? I have resumed playing lotro only today and I feel lost with RoR.
    Also is there some guide for which traits would be cool for hunters?
    If yes a link would be nice.
    Thanks.
    The Light Steed is the best fit for our class as it maximises dps. It's fast and maneuverable.

Warsteeds.com is a good fan site.

http://warsteeds.com/

Eh I use a heavy steed on my hunter I run at 14.0 MPS and land those 12-15k shots.. I have maxed fury on my bridle and i just wait til it goes up.. On a boss fight like bugud light may be better but I like those big hits thats just me and the 25% crit chance is nice too.. But its not like it matters since I do 5x the dps on foot ...

Swiftness is the key and even if big hits and instant kills are nice, clear DPS is something else...

with also 130k heals Rohirrim stance with no circling, just 3-4m/s speed for slight fury generation and some Loremasters stuff, maybe some armour debuffs...i didnt even know that could be that nice parse, ill try something proper later on

And my bridle, very supportive and solo-friendly i guess

i'm still running my 75 1st age bow (haven't gotten a tarnished symbol yet) with 2500+ agi 33.6k PM (35k+ mounted) and running circles around bugud, i kept up 1300 DPS spamming everything asap, not waiting for fury. same thing yesterday, and 1300+ DPS against Kramp both days too.

can't wait to see what a 85 2A bow will do. i'm not wasting any time on a 85 3A...just not enough points and i don't want to waste a crafted relic.
    [CENTER]Forgotten_Legend
    [IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/527024_10201657307011879_113045648_n.jpg[/IMG]
    Malinon - 75 Champion | JAZRAIEL - 100 HUNTER | Taeran - 75 RuneKeeper
    [/CENTER]

You misinterpret everything into a secluded section. Sorry that sounded smart, pretty much champs are OWWWW in spars

but hunters get a good stick for pve again ^.^ poney powerz GO!

Just to vent frustration. Was on early this morning and attempting to solo Bugud. Doing okay. Whittled down the ads and slowly working him down. Then a champ came along and things went quicker. At end I hailed him and got a Tell saying it would have been nice if I had contributed.

First: Welcome to my Ignore List, jerk.

But is this how we look, circling away not really throwing out spectacular damage?

Okay, I don't claim to be the greatest hunter on the server and I am still learning MC but maybe as I circle to build max fury for a decent hit or ping out shots without fury this is what hunters look like.

But at least I wasn't being dismounted like this jerk and I did not need or ask for his help. I was doing perfectly fine, cautiously in the healing stance mostly as he sometimes gets in some decent hits.

But it has to be said - my hits weren't spectacular. Only very rarely would anything hit in the 8-10k range and this is with a maxxed second age bridle and L50 horse traited full red and full yellow. I'm still not comfortable switching stances in and out so maybe I can get them up but it would be nice if we hit something closer to our unmounted scores. I can't help but feel that unless I'm doing something drastically wrong rotation-wise, we do need a little more punch.

Have to admit that although I shouldn't let random internet starngers get me down I'm feeling a little crest-fallen.

Any tips people have for getting much higher dps would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Kongas; Oct 29 2012 at 06:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kongas View Post
    Any tips people have for getting much higher dps would be appreciated.
    Problem with maximazing MC dps is that you basically dont ride at all:/

What ive found the most effective was setting my speed to 4-5m/s and riding through the mob and turning towards him. This provides you most attacks with fury generation and it includes autto-attacks as well.

When you are in Rohirrim stance, you wont have a problem with power neither morale, since you have 1 100% heal each 7s by that meele attack, then heal on crit(with 50% chance) on Noble Arrow, and ofc if you are blue traited with Motivation through aggresion trait, you have up to 25% chance to heal 15% of your morale...so survability is not a prob(and dont forget huge evade rating).

As i mentioned, this way supresses the whole meaning of MC, but its effective.

I still dont know how much other classes parse, but as for Bugud its not a problem to reach 2k dps once he is dismounted. Anyway from one case i know my kinmate Champ outdpsed me heavily, which im not used to on foot

Quote Originally Posted by Sheepscalp View Post
    Problem with maximazing MC dps is that you basically dont ride at all:/

What ive found the most effective was setting my speed to 4-5m/s and riding through the mob and turning towards him.

<snip>

As i mentioned, this way supresses the whole meaning of MC, but its effective.

I still dont know how much other classes parse, but as for Bugud its not a problem to reach 2k dps once he is dismounted. Anyway from one case i know my kinmate Champ outdpsed me heavily, which im not used to on foot
    Thanks for the advice. You're right - it really does take away from the fun. I probably need to play with my speed more as I constantly gallop. But my steed is so maneuverable it doesn't prevent me from getting full fury shots when things come off cooldown. I've also been trying attacking with less fury and using the stacked bonus of the ranging shots but all in all the dps isn't champion spectacular.

I'm beginning to feel a bit paranoid. There I am in impromptu groups thinking I'm doing my bit by keeping adds and pulls off people's backs, dismounting stuff and pulling a comet tail of bad guys while others pick them off. And when I get a chance, throwing my dps bit into the general ring. But because players are not seeing a 15k morale bite vanishing each shot they think I'm doing nothing. Maybe people don't realise yet that in MC hunters are not the massive single target dps monsters we are on foot.

I still feel our dps is to low but I guess i'll have to see what I can do to maximise it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheepscalp View Post
    Swiftness is the key and even if big hits and instant kills are nice, clear DPS is something else...

with also 130k heals Rohirrim stance with no circling, just 3-4m/s speed for slight fury generation and some Loremasters stuff, maybe some armour debuffs...i didnt even know that could be that nice parse, ill try something proper later on

And my bridle, very supportive and solo-friendly i guess

So this might be a stupid question... but why are you upgrading and putting points into legacies on the bridle that do not apply to Hunters? For example, "Wrath" critical chance. Am I mistaken, or doesn't this only apply to captains? We don't have a Wrath skill.

And this is purely my opinion, but the current content is so easy that I can't justify spending shards and relics on putting high-end relics on my bridle. Maybe if they put out a mounted combat instance.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast