We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 51 to 60 of 60

Thread: Hytbold sets.

  1. #51
    My problem with the Hytbold Healer set is that there's little to no Vit or Morale on it. It was really discouraging to swap out a Sutcrofts barter piece with a Healer piece only to see my Morale go down 150-300 points.

    I was delighted to discover that the hardest Healer pieces to get (shoulders and boots) are the _easiest_ Leader pieces to get! Plus, they are chock full of Vit and Morale, and the 2-piece bonus is even more Vit and Morale.

    So now, until I start getting raid pieces, I'm at four Healer pieces and two Leader pieces and I couldn't be happier.

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,627
    I'm only just getting started on properly gearing out my Captain but I am going to be giving a 3/3 split on the Hytbold Healer/Leader sets a try. The 10% extra damage on Grave Wound will be nice since it already has plenty of decent crit potential and a solid spot in my (and probably everyone's) skill rotation, and an extra 5% healing is never too good to pass up.

    But overall I was quite disappointed with the lackluster set bonuses, especially for the Leader of Men (which is what I run. Blocking with a 2 Hander and Routing cry on demand FTW!).

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, NY
    Posts
    3,699
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivaneus View Post
    I'm only just getting started on properly gearing out my Captain but I am going to be giving a 3/3 split on the Hytbold Healer/Leader sets a try. The 10% extra damage on Grave Wound will be nice since it already has plenty of decent crit potential and a solid spot in my (and probably everyone's) skill rotation, and an extra 5% healing is never too good to pass up.

    But overall I was quite disappointed with the lackluster set bonuses, especially for the Leader of Men (which is what I run. Blocking with a 2 Hander and Routing cry on demand FTW!).
    Interesting. I think you're the first cappy I've ever seen that not only traits yellow capstone, but traits it all the time.

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Watertown, MA
    Posts
    2,903
    It's actually pretty reasonable for soloing. Slower than LtC, but safer, and you can pull in a ton of mobs and outlast them, so there's less downtime as you move from one to the next.
    [b][SIZE=3][COLOR="#FFFFFF"]Cainwen Ciaphas[/COLOR][/SIZE][/b][COLOR="#C3C3C3"], Captain of Crickhollow, [url=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Literature/CiaphasCain]HERO OF MIDDLE EARTH[/url]!!!
    [i]I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered![/i] My opinions are my own![/color]

  5. #55
    I'm not on BR but I imagine the hytbold healer set would be nice for healing a 3-man, particularly if there aren't a large number of adds, because if you're HoH (which I assume was the intent for the healer set) and you use a herald you can have VS ticking almost all the time, plus you get better stats then you would from 3 pers/3dagor or 3 pers/3 draigoch. I read somewhere that Valiant Strike heals don't stack but haven't confirmed it. If that is true it seems like 7 seconds is overkill in a full fellowship unless you're not traited HoH. Under the old loot system it didn't really make sense to get a gear set just for 3-mans, but if you can get the gold class items from them, or the scroll cases for the bracelets, and they're BoE, you could probably make a lot of money from farming them and selling them if you have extras, or you could trade them to your friends' alts. I don't know if it warrants getting yet another armor set if you already have parts of 5 different armor sets filling your bags, but it's worth thinking about.

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,627
    Quote Originally Posted by TinDragon View Post
    Interesting. I think you're the first cappy I've ever seen that not only traits yellow capstone, but traits it all the time.
    I'm not too surprised. After we lost a lot of the fun traits (Blade of Elendil, Improved Herald, Improved Rez, etc.) to the other two lines it's a very lackluster line. I run it 1) because I like trying to run a less used line and making it work and 2) I love the capstone. For me the capstone bonuses make up for how pathetic most of the class traits are (two traits to improve one ability (Threatening shout)? Reminds me of Pre-Rohan Purge on the Warleader . . .).

    Quote Originally Posted by furtim View Post
    It's actually pretty reasonable for soloing. Slower than LtC, but safer, and you can pull in a ton of mobs and outlast them, so there's less downtime as you move from one to the next.
    Especially running with a Herald. You get full benefit from Shield brother skills, which is quite handy for the whole "outlast them" approach.
    Last edited by Ivaneus; Dec 06 2012 at 07:10 PM.

  7. #57
    People don't let Captains in their raid if they're Red Lined?

    Red Line is probably the BEST,
    why?

    add Red Line, Blade brother yourself, add Oath Breakers & Idome
    (Fellowship Brother is useless to trait 10% woohoo)
    No use for Song Bro, slot Now For Wrath.

    3 Pieces of the Moors Preservence Set
    6s Rally Crys (With Legacie), 21s SL (With Legacie) 36s War Cry, you cycle through Dev,Blade of Elendil, SL then Dev again then Blade again & so on.
    those are your 3 hardest hitting attacks hitting up to 4k with blade of Elendil, 6k+ with Dev, 6k+ easily with SL remember every crit with Dev/Pressing kicks off defeat events, non stop heals good DPS

    Also you'll get passed the 25% Crit cap in 4 reds getting up to 30%.
    I don't know about your cappies DPS but mines is pretty strong, sometimes 10k hits.

    Try Red Line & you will like it.
    Also you can heal in Red Line like that without a probablem great for the new 3mans. DPS ,Support & Heal.

    I would LOVE to see the -20% Defeat Events on a PvE Set, lose so many stats for that + Aud.

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    7,898
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Divine View Post
    Also you'll get passed the 25% Crit cap in 4 reds getting up to 30%.
    I don't know about your cappies DPS but mines is pretty strong, sometimes 10k hits.
    While that's a nice burst, what's your sustained DPS?
    Maley Oakensage, Captain of Landroval

    Alas Elendilmir, may you *jingle jangle* forever in the Forgotten West

    Steam: Almagnus1

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, NY
    Posts
    3,699
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Divine View Post
    People don't let Captains in their raid if they're Red Lined?

    Red Line is probably the BEST,
    why?

    add Red Line, Blade brother yourself, add Oath Breakers & Idome
    (Fellowship Brother is useless to trait 10% woohoo)
    No use for Song Bro, slot Now For Wrath.

    3 Pieces of the Moors Preservence Set
    6s Rally Crys (With Legacie), 21s SL (With Legacie) 36s War Cry, you cycle through Dev,Blade of Elendil, SL then Dev again then Blade again & so on.
    those are your 3 hardest hitting attacks hitting up to 4k with blade of Elendil, 6k+ with Dev, 6k+ easily with SL remember every crit with Dev/Pressing kicks off defeat events, non stop heals good DPS

    Also you'll get passed the 25% Crit cap in 4 reds getting up to 30%.
    I don't know about your cappies DPS but mines is pretty strong, sometimes 10k hits.

    Try Red Line & you will like it.
    Also you can heal in Red Line like that without a probablem great for the new 3mans. DPS ,Support & Heal.

    I would LOVE to see the -20% Defeat Events on a PvE Set, lose so many stats for that + Aud.
    Fellowship brother will never be useless. What would you say is better, 25% DPS for you and one DPSer, or 25% extra DPS and 10% for all the other DPS classes? 10% on even one other actual DPS class will raise your group's DPS more than raising your own DPS by 25%. (Though I would like some numbers to back this up.) Obviously if you have more than two DPS in your group, that's 25 + 10 + 10, which will easily surpass just your 25 + 25 on a non-DPS class.

    No matter how good or bad you think captain DPS is, the fact is that it's a hybrid class, and DPS will never exceed a true DPS class.

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    1,477
    Fellowship Bro + blade bro is the single best trait we have for increasing raid DPS.

    Oathies increases incoming damage on a boss (with telling mark and 1x reveal weakness already on him, so temporarily upping inc damage from 120% to 155%) by about 30% for 10s every 5 minutes. Average that out over 5 minutes and it's increasing raid DPS by 1%.

    IDOME does even less for DPS, though it's got other benefits that cause me to slot it for skraids and stuff, where I tend to hold on to my Oathies for a bad pull that never occurs. Big Menace points to something like 1.2% real increase in fellowship damage from IDOME, so halve that and call it your increase to raid DPS via IDOME.

    But look at fellowship bro blade bro. Assume you've got yourself and a DPS covered with full blade bro, so I'll guess low and say that leaves maybe 60% of the fellowship's combined DPS lacking To Arms and SoW. Uneven dps between raid groups is a pretty common thing, but let me simplify by just assuming that that 60% of your fellowship is 30% of the raid group. So if you were to buff 30% of the raid's DPS with FB To Arms and SoW:
    -From To Arms that'd be 10% @ 25s/minute (for 5r/2b captain), or 4.16% mastery making roughly 2% more real damage to your previously unbuffed portion of the raid from To Arms. Comparable DPS benefit to that of poor old IDOME; good thing that To Arms is the lesser DPS benefit from Blade Bro.
    -For SoW's attack duration buff, common wisdom on the forums points to a 4% reduction in attack duration leading to a ~4.2% increase in damage (dividing dps before buff by [1-0.04]) for non-induction based DPS like champs and lightning RKs. Even if you assumed that you had all hunters getting maybe half the benefit of that attack duration buff, that's enough combined with FB To Arms to make FB come out on top between it, IDOME, and Oathies for increasing raid DPS. Oh, and you have a little power restore along with it.

    And of course on the other side of the coin you can do way more group healing/prevention of damage with FB than IDOME can do, should you swap brother toggles.
    Last edited by Omen_Kaizer; Dec 27 2012 at 05:31 PM.

 

 
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload