We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hytbold sets.

I go with 3 pieces of the audacity set which puts RC on 6sec cd and 3 pieces of the hythbold set which adds 5% healing, excellent combo
    Nerf healing in PvMP and just maybe it will be worth it again.

Here's what I'm using day-to-day, traited LtC

Base Armor: 3-Charge (head, shoulders, chest), 3-Perseverance85 (legs, gloves, feet)
    BoE Swap: 3-Charge, 3-Dagor (legs, gloves, feet again, I'll always list head-shoulders-chest first)
    RC Swap: 3-GC, 3-Pers85 (-1.4% OGH and -0.6% crit on my RCs, with my current build. Totally worth it, as others have stated)
    VS Swap: 3-Healer, 3-Menestaid (nets me like +25.5% OGH to VS with a very minor change in crit, which I observe to be roughly 15% more actual heals from VS)
    SS Swap: Charge head, 5-Command75 (eventually will get 85)

When I don't go LtC in PvE situations, I just wear Hytbold Healer for my base armor.
    Last edited by Omen_Kaizer; Nov 05 2012 at 11:22 AM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202000000363f98/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Rechart, Warden
    [url="http://platemetaljacket.blogspot.com/"]Plate Metal Jacket[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Omen_Kaizer View Post

Base Armor: 3-Charge (head, shoulders, chest), 3-Perseverance85 (legs, gloves, feet)
    BoE Swap: 3-Charge, 3-Dagor (legs, gloves, feet again, I'll always list head-shoulders-chest first)
    RC Swap: 3-GC, 3-Pers85 (-1.4% OGH and -0.6% crit on my RCs, with my current build. Totally worth it, as others have stated)
    VS Swap: 3-Healer, 3-Menestaid (nets me like +25.5% OGH to VS with a very minor change in crit, which I observe to be roughly 15% more actual heals from VS)

When I don't go LtC in PvE situations, I just wear Hytbold Healer for my base armor.
    is there anything in the game that needs this much attention? if this "mini-game" is fun for you, then great, ill leave this alone... but why, oh why, would anyone do this with the current state of the game?

again, if its fun for you, great! i never want to rain on another man's parade (or reign... more horse puns!). i just dont see any... practicality... in all that!
    "I am always serious; I am never serious." -Me
    "I make the most outrageous and exaggerated statements of any man to ever live, has ever lived, or that will ever live." -Me

Quote Originally Posted by SapienChavez View Post
    is there anything in the game that needs this much attention? if this "mini-game" is fun for you, then great, ill leave this alone... but why, oh why, would anyone do this with the current state of the game?

again, if its fun for you, great! i never want to rain on another man's parade (or reign... more horse puns!). i just dont see any... practicality... in all that!
    It's practical because it isn't awfully hard with eleventy buttons on my mouse, Razor Synapse, and a plugin called Tonic Bars to shove all my non-bound clicky skills onto. And it increases effectiveness, as long as it's not laggy. If it's too laggy, I suck it up and play like a regular guy. Also most of these are minor gains, so if a swap screws up, eh no big loss.

But yeah I find it fun; amusing to imagine how all the little pieces CAN go together, satisfying to see how they do in practice. At this point I'm so used to this extra level of complexity and build customization that if I suddenly couldn't hotswap, I'd quit LotRO and go back to the Paradox grand strategy games and Dorf Fortresses in my collection.
    Last edited by Omen_Kaizer; Nov 05 2012 at 02:15 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202000000363f98/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Rechart, Warden

Oh, a Dwarf Fortress player. That explains it. It takes a certain special kind of not-right-in-the-head to play that game. :P
    Cainwen Ciaphas, Captain of Crickhollow, HERO OF MIDDLE EARTH!!!
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My opinions are my own!

Have you tried 5*CotW (OD armor) for VS?

Quote Originally Posted by Emachine View Post
    I thought red-line (crit-cry) was becoming more and more the standard towards the end of RoI. It seems that captains will never be intended to be a dps class. The increase to revealing mark is more or less a way to heal more through increasing the percentage returned while also boosting group dps (Blade Brother).

Now that Valiant Strike heals no matter what line you're running I think red-line healing is in a better place than it was before.

My thoughts:
    red = group healing
    blue = single target healing

Based on that both red and blue sets work nicely. Yellow?.....
    Blue is still better for group healing because of the reduced cooldown to Valiant Strike. And let's be frank here, Rallying Cry spamming LtC Captains are way overrated, most of the 'healing' you do from all those random RCs are just overheals that people don't need. HoH lets you reliably heal the people who need it exactly when they need it. It always has been and always will be the best option for any type of healing.

I'm running 5 Hytbold Healer and Horse-lord shoulders for everyday activities (the sheer might is nice). It only took a week or so to get.

I might go for the LtC set at some point, but after I finish rebuilding Hytbold.
    Beastwise - Captain, R15 | Shock and Awe | Gladden

Hytbold sets

I've been running with 4 of the dps hytobld and 2 of the heals hytbold set which made sense for me since that was the same set up I was typically running with the orthanc gear (unless the group needed the extra 5% from reveal with the draig set). So far, I like it. Compared to the orthanc gear, my dps has increased by 700-800 to 1100-1200 with pretty good consistency. My other gear hasn't changed much sine 75 other than a lvl 85 bangle and another bracelet with crit on it. I like the crit bonus for 4 dps hytbold pieces and also for 2 heals hytbold pieces.

With this set, I have had no problem soloing (not much left to solo except for the hytbold repeatables). I haven't tried to be the main heals in a 3 man with this build and that may be a problem. But most people are running skraids right now and nobody is excepting a cappy to be main heals or main dps in that situation. That being said, this build has been great thus far for contributing damage and helping with heals.

Can't wait for a couple tarnished symbols to finally roll my way to get a new LI and LW with some t9 relics....im thinking a significant increase in heals and dps when that happens.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/07206000000169bc0/01000/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by furtim View Post
    Oh, a Dwarf Fortress player. That explains it. It takes a certain special kind of not-right-in-the-head to play that game. :P
    Haha, yeah, that's about right. I enjoy both fun and FUN!!! in my games

Quote Originally Posted by Elrantiri View Post
    Have you tried 5*CotW (OD armor) for VS?
    You know, I was working towards that, but when I saw that VS would be worth-a-damn in non-HoH builds, I backed off. But yeah, a kind of feedback loop where RC lowers VS cooldown and VS resets RC would be pretty nice. I'm rolling in defeat responses right now with skraid season, but it ain't gonna stay that way will it?
    Rechart, Warden

You know, I was working towards that, but when I saw that VS would be worth-a-damn in non-HoH builds, I backed off. But yeah, a kind of feedback loop where RC lowers VS cooldown and VS resets RC would be pretty nice. I'm rolling in defeat responses right now with skraid season, but it ain't gonna stay that way will it?
    True, but then again skirmish raids are usually very easy, making armor swaps over-the-top in most cases.

The reason I use OD set for VS is mostly from a Power perspective (and of course the loop effect, which is complete when you have 5 allies and 6 skirmish soldiers ). While 3*Mene+3*Hytbold Healer might give more healing, I often find power to be a bigger problem. Again, this is rarely a problem with skirmish raids but I loved it in Isengard instances when DB/PA just would not crit in LtC and amount of mob deaths is low.

I'm thinking of having both setups on my Captain, one for when I have plenty of defeat events (mene + hytbold) and one (OD) when I need a defeat event. I'm running out of quickslots though, using about 30-35 quickslots on armor pieces and swap LIs already nevermind my always full bags xD
    Last edited by Elrantiri; Nov 05 2012 at 06:52 PM.

True, but then again skirmish raids are usually very easy, making armor swaps over-the-top in most cases.

The reason I use OD set for VS is mostly from a Power perspective (and of course the loop effect, which is complete when you have 5 allies and 6 skirmish soldiers ). While 3*Mene+3*Hytbold Healer might give more healing, I often find power to be a bigger problem. Again, this is rarely a problem with skirmish raids but I loved it in Isengard instances when DB/PA just would not crit in LtC and amount of mob deaths is low.

I'm thinking of having both setups on my Captain, one for when I have plenty of defeat events (mene + hytbold) and one (OD) when I need a defeat event. I'm running out of quickslots though, using about 30-35 quickslots on armor pieces and swap LIs already nevermind my always full bags xD
    There's an idea for sure, having two macros for the same skill, picking and choosing which one you want based on the circumstance. Like you said though, space may be an issue. I think I can squeeze one more full set of armor in myself as I use 5/6ths of my 3 armor quickslot bars, but there's always the option of swapping out CotW with 3Mene/3HytHeal before a battle; same macro, same slots, just 6 drag-and-drops.

I do reckon the CotW valiant strike would be better in a defeat-response lean situation. Weakened VS + RC > strong VS, after all. Actually getting the pieces is a problem for me though, I'd need like one more coin from Gorthoron and Fear I think, and I was hoping to save 3 of what I do have for my 62 LM down the road, to macro fellowship-wide flank heals for potentially main-healing the upcoming 3-mans.
    Rechart, Warden

I'm curious as to how you have your bars set up for this. Mind posting a screenshot?
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by TinDragon View Post
    I'm curious as to how you have your bars set up for this. Mind posting a screenshot?
    im curious too.

im guessing lots of invisible Tonic Bars... and no bag space!
    "I am always serious; I am never serious." -Me
    "I make the most outrageous and exaggerated statements of any man to ever live, has ever lived, or that will ever live." -Me

Quote Originally Posted by SapienChavez View Post
    im curious too.

im guessing lots of invisible Tonic Bars... and no bag space!
    Hmmm, can you add hotkeys to bars made with Tonic Bars? I'm using quickslot bars 3,4 and 5 to have my armour pieces in with the hotkeys Alt + X, CTRL + Shift + X, CTRL + ALT + X to make fast swaps, but I'd very much prefer to have them on invisible Tonic Bars as you suggest.

Here it is. Just pretty messy, but it my mess, ya know?

https://picasaweb.google.com/1148200...21142263607970

I shoved all my clicky things, like buffs and bros and tognir and pots and horses and heralds and banners onto tonic bars. Recently converted my alt bar to a gear bar. Just moved To Arms and SoW, which I'd gotten used to as Alt+1 and Alt+2 somewhere onto my shift bar and remapped the keys. Affected Critical Strike and Battle Prep and Battle Memory on my warden too, but no biggie.
    Last edited by Omen_Kaizer; Nov 07 2012 at 01:34 AM.
    Rechart, Warden

Here it is. Just pretty messy, but it my mess, ya know?

https://picasaweb.google.com/1148200...21142263607970

I shoved all my clicky things, like buffs and bros and tognir and pots and horses and heralds and banners onto tonic bars. Recently converted my alt bar to a gear bar. Just moved To Arms and SoW, which I'd gotten used to as Alt+1 and Alt+2 somewhere onto my shift bar and remapped the keys. Affected Critical Strike and Battle Prep and Battle Memory on my warden too, but no biggie.
    Aw, I'm getting a "Sorry, that page was not found." when I try to look at it.

Aw, I'm getting a "Sorry, that page was not found." when I try to look at it.
    Fixed, I had it visible to only myself. But I went and changed the album name, and there's some authorization key in the URL so it's different now, as reflected in my edited post
    Last edited by Omen_Kaizer; Nov 07 2012 at 01:35 AM.
    Rechart, Warden

Fixed, I had it visible to only myself. But I went and changed the album name, and there's some authorization key in the URL so it's different now, as reflected in my edited post
    That's actually not as cluttered as I was expecting. Definitely wouldn't want to do that without 6 bags though.
    Based on your earlier statements, I assume you hit each piece of armour individually, as opposed to using a macro to switch armour? That would also be my assumption based on how you have your layout, since it looks some gear is duplicated, presumably so you can just go down the line for each armour swap, so instead of remembering "I wear this and this for this skill" you can just say "I use this line of armour for this skill".

I also assume when you say Razer Synapse you're actually referring to the Naga, and is it also a safe assumption that you also use the Anansi keyboard?

Edit: My last MMO was FFXI, which relies heavily on gear swapping based on what skills you're using. I haven't managed to find a good way to do so here, so I'm trying to pick up on your strategy a bit to see if I can implement it. Currently I carry around a couple sets of gear but usually switch once based on instance instead of all the time based on skills.
    Last edited by TinDragon; Nov 07 2012 at 01:45 AM.

That's actually not as cluttered as I was expecting. Definitely wouldn't want to do that without 6 bags though.
    Based on your earlier statements, I assume you hit each piece of armour individually, as opposed to using a macro to switch armour? That would also be my assumption based on how you have your layout, since it looks some gear is duplicated, presumably so you can just go down the line for each armour swap, so instead of remembering "I wear this and this for this skill" you can just say "I use this line of armour for this skill".

I also assume when you say Razer Synapse you're actually referring to the Naga, and is it also a safe assumption that you also use the Anansi keyboard?

Edit: My last MMO was FFXI, which relies heavily on gear swapping based on what skills you're using. I haven't managed to find a good way to do so here, so I'm trying to pick up on your strategy a bit to see if I can implement it. Currently I carry around a couple sets of gear but usually switch once based on instance instead of all the time based on skills.
    Well I actually do use macros via the Razor Synapse software and my Naga. I don't have a nice keyboard, but perhaps I'll get myself one for this upcoming raid. I think I may have been a little misleading in my earlier statements, but I definitely gear-swap via macros. You'll see some duplicates like in the Rally Cry line (GC + Pers) because I might decide that I want my base armor to not include Pers for one reason or another (particularly if I go non-MoW).

I started off just manually-swapping before I bothered to learn how to make macros; that's why it's laid out like that. I felt like it was a good thing to get my muscles used to, in case things messed up. I'd roll my thumb across 7-12 (11 on the Naga using Numpad setting is actually like = or something, idk) on my Naga to swap to my main set, Ctrl+(Num7-12) for my Rally Cry set, Alt+(Num7-12). Shift+(Num7-12) too, but for some reason that stopped working, not sure why. I can't even key in Shift+Num anything when mapping stuff in LotRO. But anyway I can correct things pretty easy with keystrokes if they go awry because it's set up like that. Except for the VS swap stuff; that one's a wonky combination of Windows+numpad keys that are not 7-12.
    It's handy that LotRO armor is just 6 pieces, and the 12 buttons on my Naga's left side are a multiple of 6. I dunno what it's like in FFXI but maybe you could do something like that?
    Rechart, Warden

Well I actually do use macros via the Razor Synapse software and my Naga. I don't have a nice keyboard, but perhaps I'll get myself one for this upcoming raid. I think I may have been a little misleading in my earlier statements, but I definitely gear-swap via macros. You'll see some duplicates like in the Rally Cry line (GC + Pers) because I might decide that I want my base armor to not include Pers for one reason or another (particularly if I go non-MoW).

I started off just manually-swapping before I bothered to learn how to make macros; that's why it's laid out like that. I felt like it was a good thing to get my muscles used to, in case things messed up. I'd roll my thumb across 7-12 (11 on the Naga using Numpad setting is actually like = or something, idk) on my Naga to swap to my main set, Ctrl+(Num7-12) for my Rally Cry set, Alt+(Num7-12). Shift+(Num7-12) too, but for some reason that stopped working, not sure why. I can't even key in Shift+Num anything when mapping stuff in LotRO. But anyway I can correct things pretty easy with keystrokes if they go awry because it's set up like that. Except for the VS swap stuff; that one's a wonky combination of Windows+numpad keys that are not 7-12.
    It's handy that LotRO armor is just 6 pieces, and the 12 buttons on my Naga's left side are a multiple of 6. I dunno what it's like in FFXI but maybe you could do something like that?
    Ah, OK, that makes a lot of sense.
    FFXI had a built-in macro system, so it's gonna be vastly different here no matter what I do. I do like that idea for the Naga, especially if I could get the Shift+Alt+ (double combinations) working correctly. The Anansi has 7 buttons right below the spacebar that can be assigned to key combinations like that.

The Hytbold LtC and HoH armour sets seem pretty good, except the LoM armour stats to me just looks like garbage in my opinion.

Ah, OK, that makes a lot of sense.
    FFXI had a built-in macro system, so it's gonna be vastly different here no matter what I do. I do like that idea for the Naga, especially if I could get the Shift+Alt+ (double combinations) working correctly. The Anansi has 7 buttons right below the spacebar that can be assigned to key combinations like that.
    There is an even more elegant method (in my opinion) if you aren't opposed to doing some (very basic) programming - AutoHotkey. I don't have separate keys for macros; rather, pressing the hotkey for any skill will automatically swap in the correct LIs and armour before firing the skill. I also have built-in delays for skills with cooldown legacies, to avoid losing the legacy by going to the next skill (and thus armour set) too quickly.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.
    [COLOR=#8b4513][B]Fredecar [/B][/COLOR]- Burglar[SIZE=1] ~ [I]Original Challenger of Saruman[/I][/SIZE]
    [B][COLOR=#daa520]Fingolwë [/COLOR][/B]- Champion[SIZE=1] ~ [I]Challenger of Gortheron[/I][/SIZE]
    [COLOR=#003399][B]Eleril [/B][/COLOR]- Captain[SIZE=1] ~ [I]Bane of the Lieutenant[/I][/SIZE]

Spot on. Hytbold sets are only worth considering if you cannot be bothered to get the sets Eazy proposed above.
    The low durability is laughable and the increases in stats compared to 75 gear is not enough to warrant the set bonuses.

Dagor makes every Blade of Elendil give -4s to Shadows Lament cooldown, and with 3 Perservance as well you can get Shadows Lament down to 13s cooldown almost every time. With 5 pieces of Hytbold Charge you're stuck with 30s cooldown on Shadows Lament. Thus with Dagor you can have about double as many DB/PA from Shadows Lament, and I prefer that way more than +10% damage on Shadows Lament.

Draigoch 3-set gives you -5s cd on Valiant Strike for every ally healed with Rallying Cry. That allows you to keep up Valiant Strike HoT almost permanently (depending on defeat events of course), and I'd say that's at least comparable with +5% healing. If you then bring the OD set into the mix, the Draigoch set becomes way, way better than the Hytbold set.

EDIT: Yeh ok, Hytbold set might be worth considering for Mounted Combat as the set bonuses of Perservance, Dagor and Draigoch do not help there. However, Mounted Combat is so easy at the moment I cannot be bothered with getting armor just for that.
    But if you take the Shadow's Lament Cool down legacy you can shorten the cool down down to a max of 15 seconds. Then if you add in the new crystals (personal opinions aside) you haven't lost any of your other legacies. Seems to me there's a way around the Dagor set bonus.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c0000001e8ac8/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Agonus1 View Post
    But if you take the Shadow's Lament Cool down legacy you can shorten the cool down down to a max of 15 seconds. Then if you add in the new crystals (personal opinions aside) you haven't lost any of your other legacies. Seems to me there's a way around the Dagor set bonus.
    Not really.

Base cooldown on Shadow's Lament is 45 seconds. Legacy removes up to 15 seconds, 3-set perservance removes 9 seconds. That puts it to a fine cooldown of 21 seconds. With Dagor however, there's potential to bring it to 13s which I find to be the sweet spot for pumping out defeat events.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast