We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: New EC

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyskywalker View Post
    [SIZE=3][B][CENTER][COLOR="#FFFF00"]Yohindernoobs
    Shinynailz
    Youradhere
    Zrod[/COLOR][/CENTER][/B][/SIZE]

ZomG! Ive been off lotro pvp for a week now and I feel GREAT!

wp Anat, wp. Too few people actually flip to the losing side and too many flip to win. Wonder whats happening on creepside?
    Mirkwoodian - Savior of the Ettenmoors

Squishy sacrificial tank 2012ish

Quote Originally Posted by Bonescraper79 View Post
    Creeps lived through this and sought ways to overcome it, come on now you telling me freeps cannot do the same?
    Buck it up a bit and grow a pair and come pvp? (not meaning you specifically, just in general)

so atm freeps can't godmode win. Adapt overcome triumph anyway
    lol, creeps overcome it with a) numbers, or, b) logging until a) is available.

Freeps have never had a) in the history of the server and b) is what freeps are doing which is making you complain.

The shoe is not on the other foot in any way. Creeps on Nim have never been in the position of having to wander out against overwhelming numbers that are also individually powerful. Never happened, never will. It's kind of stupid to suggest it in fact.

Quote Originally Posted by 22Acacia View Post
    lol, creeps overcome it with a) numbers, or, b) logging until a) is available.

Freeps have never had a) in the history of the server and b) is what freeps are doing which is making you complain.

The shoe is not on the other foot in any way. Creeps on Nim have never been in the position of having to wander out against overwhelming numbers that are also individually powerful. Never happened, never will. It's kind of stupid to suggest it in fact.
    Come on Milt, I know you're an older guy, but I'm older than you and I remember in the AoC/Warhammer/MoM beta days that Creeps were Grams camped for well over a month solid. No safe path out and map spots were camped, but still Creeps logged in every single day. This was before F2P/P2W so these were all paying customers. Creeps were in the EXACT same same position the difference was that Creeps didn't take their ball and go home. I could dredge up the threads I posted on every single server asking for Creep help, but I'm sure they have been purged. They were all in the same predicament as we were back then. So you are gravely mistaken about your never happened, never will statement.

Maybe throw some ginko biloba in your diet, or if it runs in your family an alzheimers test, because your selective memory gets worse and worse ever year. I care, buddy, I really do <3
    Last edited by Gladgilrian; Oct 27 2012 at 01:19 PM.
    [center][color=red]Now roaming the earth searching for a fun, interesting game.......again.[/color][/center]

[center][URL=http://s545.photobucket.com/user/fenderp61/media/ESO/Narcosys500_zpsaa2b6fce.jpg.html][IMG]http://i545.photobucket.com/albums/hh367/fenderp61/ESO/Narcosys500_zpsaa2b6fce.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by Gladgilrian View Post
    Come on Milt, I know you're an older guy, but I'm older than you and I remember in the AoC/Warhammer/MoM beta days that Creeps were Grams camped for well over a month solid. No safe path out and map spots were camped, but still Creeps logged in every single day. This was before F2P/P2W so these were all paying customers. Creeps were in the EXACT same same position the difference was that Creeps didn't take their ball and go home. I could dredge up the threads I posted on every single server asking for Creep help, but I'm sure they have been purged. They were all in the same predicament as we were back then. So you are gravely mistaken about your never happened, never will statement.
    Actually I concede you are right about one period of time when freeps had numbers: when the pvp armour sets first came out in book 13. And as you said, it was an endless grams camp. Hardly the "we manned up" scenario being offered. And when the roles are reversed (i.e., 90% of the history of the server), creeps almost never respond in kind. They do the half-hearted GV camp for 3 to 5 minutes then revert to the inevitable "let's move down the hill to draw them out" tactic.

Again, apples and oranges, nothing remotely related to the shoe being on the other foot.

Maybe throw some ginko biloba in your diet, or if it runs in your family an alzheimers test, because your selective memory gets worse and worse ever year. I care, buddy, I really do <3
    Selective? Nah, I call it like I see it. Not many people have the experience I have on both sides and I'm not afraid to call bullsh!t *on both sides* when it starts to build up.

Actually I concede you are right about one period of time when freeps had numbers: when the pvp armour sets first came out in book 13. And as you said, it was an endless grams camp. Hardly the "we manned up" scenario being offered. And when the roles are reversed (i.e., 90% of the history of the server), creeps almost never respond in kind. They do the half-hearted GV camp for 3 to 5 minutes then revert to the inevitable "let's move down the hill to draw them out" tactic.

Again, apples and oranges, nothing remotely related to the shoe being on the other foot.

Selective? Nah, I call it like I see it. Not many people have the experience I have on both sides and I'm not afraid to call bullsh!t *on both sides* when it starts to build up.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to 22Acacia again.
    [SIZE=3][B][CENTER][COLOR="#FFFF00"]Yohindernoobs
    Shinynailz
    Youradhere
    Zrod[/COLOR][/CENTER][/B][/SIZE]

Funny story bout rating.... I got 450 in one night in a raid and i lost it all in the same night.... it took 30 minutes to get the rating and 30 seconds to lose it
    [url=http://www.sigcreator.com/][img]http://www.sigcreator.com/generatedsigs/685424786lotro_lotro29.png[/img][/url]

Things must be bad when you walk out for 5 minutes to HH or wherever, die, pop up at the rez, and look down to see someone farming two freeps.

http://dailystats.theblackappendage....day?w=Nimrodel I thought this was interesting

+20% renown/infamy/comm gain x3-4 and there are farmers already. ./sigh is it really that hard to wait?

Earn the comms and renown/infamy like the rest of us
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy295/Mythdude2/Valiava_zpscdc8da36.png[/IMG]

[COLOR="#FFF0F5"]<<<<<Self-Made Signature>>>>>[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="#FFA07A"]<<<Ask For One And I Can Make You One>>>[/COLOR][/CENTER]

They do the half-hearted GV camp for 3 to 5 minutes then revert to the inevitable "let's move down the hill to draw them out" tactic.
    You know, it's really not the Creeps fault when Freeps are stupid enough to fall for the same tactic over and over and over again. GV camps are boring, Grams camps are boring, end of story.

And sorry, I don't subscribed to the notion that one side is suppose to make things easy for the other side to make it "fair", especially in todays moors where as soon as it gets hard they switch to the winning side. This isn't T ball, you don't get a trophy just for showing up. Take a look Milt, I don't even play and I guarantee most the Creeps out are Freeps that routinely flip, and will do so again as soon as Freeps gain numbers. And that is why you won't see me back.
    [center][color=red]Now roaming the earth searching for a fun, interesting game.......again.[/color][/center]

[center][URL=http://s545.photobucket.com/user/fenderp61/media/ESO/Narcosys500_zpsaa2b6fce.jpg.html][IMG]http://i545.photobucket.com/albums/hh367/fenderp61/ESO/Narcosys500_zpsaa2b6fce.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by Grishmack View Post
    Things must be bad when you walk out for 5 minutes to HH or wherever, die, pop up at the rez, and look down to see someone farming two freeps.

http://dailystats.theblackappendage....day?w=Nimrodel I thought this was interesting

+20% renown/infamy/comm gain x3-4 and there are farmers already. ./sigh is it really that hard to wait?

Earn the comms and renown/infamy like the rest of us
    That's pretty disgusting, I bet the top 3 are the same person.

It's even more disgusting that at least 2 posters in this thread did the exact same thing when audacity was introduced.

@glad: Those were the old creeps, and those were slightly better times and THEY would deserve more from the freeps. It was back when reaver's weren't hiding in the back and instead out there in the front lines. Gotta admit freeps were OP between healz and gah, but these creeps are pretty pathetic comparatively

See milt's post for details
    edit: and your own post
    Last edited by myforumacc2; Oct 28 2012 at 12:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gladgilrian View Post
    It's even more disgusting that at least 2 posters in this thread did the exact same thing when audacity was introduced.
    ./sigh/ I think I know, kinda let down too

yes GV camps are very boring, plus some of us were here back in the day when that was exceedingly frowned upon and any such GV camp would result in pages upon pages of freep whining about how we won't let them out etc etc. (this was before they put in safe paths of course)

So some of us have a natural aversion to GV camping

Though the 1v1's of past couple days were fun, hopefully on both sides.

I actually LoL'd at the creeps on Nim never having to come out against overwhelming individually OP numbers.
    I mean really...
    Hindsight is 20/20 unless it doesn't fit your current point of view?
    [center][color=blue]Anat ~ Damspider, The Black Blade[/color][/center]
    [center][color=green]Teslafoil ~ Allure, WeGotThis [/color][/center]

[center][color=gold] "Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war"[/color][/center]

I actually LoL'd at the creeps on Nim never having to come out against overwhelming individually OP numbers.
    I'd laugh along with you but I'm still in an endless loop trying to figure out what the F "individually OP numbers" means. Not even ^C^C^C is working.

Hindsight is 20/20 unless it doesn't fit your current point of view?
    P.S.: There was never a time of endless freep whining about GV camps. There was, however, a lot of creep whining about Grams camps when, as I mentioned, the pvp armour sets first came out. I still remember the name of the biggest thread (long since deleted now after they cleared all forum posts 3+ years ago). It was called "Holy Grams Camp" and there was plenty of rage and hate in it, including against yours truly (which is the reason I remember it so well - it was the only period in the history of the game when I consistently grouped). Doesn't surprise me you have it exactly, and hypocritcally, wrong though.

P.S.: There was never a time of endless freep whining about GV camps. There was, however, a lot of creep whining about Grams camps when, as I mentioned, the pvp armour sets first came out. I still remember the name of the biggest thread (long since deleted now after they cleared all forum posts 3+ years ago). It was called "Holy Grams Camp" and there was plenty of rage and hate in it, including against yours truly (which is the reason I remember it so well - it was the only period in the history of the game when I consistently grouped). Doesn't surprise me you have it exactly, and hypocritcally, wrong though.
    The time I am referring too was the first great ettenmoors revamp, the one that brought stockades to EC and OC and Legendary weapons into the game and the advent of the safe passage and yes there was much whining about camping GV, Sorry if you don't remember it or you weren't there. I was Moonslayer back then and the moors were a vastly different place overall
    Last edited by Bonescraper79; Oct 28 2012 at 08:18 PM.

[center][color=gold] "Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war"[/color][/center]

Creeps on Nim have never been in the position of having to wander out against overwhelming numbers that are also individually powerful.
    I'd laugh along with you but I'm still in an endless loop trying to figure out what the F "individually OP numbers" means. Not even ^C^C^C is working.

I freely admit to failing at direct quotes, but that is what I meant, you said it better than I.

also unsure why you are calling me a hypocrite when all I did was recollect that at one time there were GV camps and that they were SO bad that the Dev's put in safe paths out of both "Safe Havens". Although its a fair guess to say that on other servers there were also Grams camps during this time but since I wasn't on those servers I cannot personally attest to that. I can only state what I saw here on Nimrodel.
    Last edited by Bonescraper79; Oct 28 2012 at 08:28 PM.

The time I am referring too was the first great ettenmoors revamp, the one that brought stockades to EC and OC and Legendary weapons into the game and the advent of the safe passage and yes there was much whining about camping GV, Sorry if you don't remember it or you weren't there. I was Moonslayer back then and the moors were a vastly different place overall
    lol, your recollection is very suspect. When legendary weapons came out was the release of MoM. An expansion that was so freep slanted, I didn't even bother leveling Milt for weeks because I was destroying creeps at level 52 when they were 60. An expansion where stand-up creeps like Rauko flipped to play hunter they were so OP. An expansion where Prep said to me once in a tell "You know you can only beat me because of how OP freeps are now, right?'" Do you want to rethink which one of us remembers things correctly now?

Oh, but I'm sure you have it right: GV was totally camped non-stop then.
    Last edited by 22Acacia; Oct 28 2012 at 08:28 PM.

Not sure what bee is in your bonnet, perhaps I am just not as eloquent as yourself nor state things in a specificity that you would prefer, I referred to the great ettenmoors revamp and them adding safe passages out of GV and Grams. Sorry but to me it was an obvious mental jump to conclude that a safe passage out would be necessitated by one side or the other not being able to leave. Since we all know that overall Dev's do not make spur of the moment game changing modifications, obviously the camping happened PRIOR to the revamp. Hence prior to MoM.

And yes, I also remember those days with Prep and freeps being very OP. I also remember when Milt the LM first showed up in the moors camping the grams slug pits.

Let there be peace, brother, we have both been around a long time, and I have never had any quarrel with you nor have I ever to my knowledge disrespected you in any way nor would I intend to.

Play have fun, be happy <3

I'm enjoying the new moors, but the rating losses are kind of high I lost around 500 rating for one death a few times today and once around 600ish so now all my charchters have a rating of 400-700 which I don't mind it much but seriosouly going from 1,600 to 600 in 2 deaths is just silly
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020100004babfc/signature.png]Lagrur[/charsig]

Let there be peace, brother, we have both been around a long time, and I have never had any quarrel with you nor have I ever to my knowledge disrespected you in any way nor would I intend to.

Play have fun, be happy <3
    All right, I apologize then. Way to disarm me with class.

Quote Originally Posted by isbren View Post
    I'm enjoying the new moors, but the rating losses are kind of high I lost around 500 rating for one death a few times today and once around 600ish so now all my charchters have a rating of 400-700 which I don't mind it much but seriosouly going from 1,600 to 600 in 2 deaths is just silly
    I wish I could say they did this on purpose to finally do away with the rating system altogther by making it pointless but I suspect it's really just someone's bad math skills.

Just give it a little time. It's still too early for a good, rationalized opinion, although; any other rationalizations probably don't require any degree of time to come up with eh?

I do see the farmers are hard at work though. The ~300+ infamy per kill, during ideal circumstances, might have something to do with that. And, speaking of farming, I know of at least one dwarf champ who has posted on this thread who has participated. Hell, I seen it....got screenies and all.

The increase to infamy/renown gains might also explain the rating situation as well. When you're worth 3x more solo, expect to lose a lot more than 3x rating when you're zerged. So essentially, one solo'd death now could potentially be = to 3 solo'd' deaths prior to RoR. If you're zerged......i'd say its probably at least a 5:1 ratio.....if not more.
    [URL="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/560/73sg.png/"][IMG]http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/9918/73sg.png[/IMG][/URL]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#faebd7][FONT=Arial Black][Izo - Chief - Traxi - Free!ps] - [[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][B][I]Surmit[/I] -[/B][/FONT] [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][B]Corupluk - Healzr - Monsters Inc.][/B][/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ffff00][B][FONT=Comic Sans MS]**Forum Reputation - I'm renowned for my incompetence.**[/FONT][/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Kurtdg21 View Post
    And, speaking of farming, I know of at least one dwarf champ who has posted on this thread who has participated. Hell, I seen it....got screenies and all.
    HEY. Nobody was supposed to see that.

Oh wait...this is my first post. Nevermind.

You cant play the "Freeps roll the tact ball everytime" card, because only the Avengers did that and we only did it when we had the outnumber buff (mostly) and besides that it was rare for the Avengers to actually form and the 6 people who actually where together never where near any freeps and where always inside creep keeps to give creeps a fighting chance. You can't say we also rolled with freeps because everytime we saw creeps flipping side (like always) we flipped to our creeps and just go in Avengers mode on creepside.

Like Milt said, never in the time I have been here have I ever seen freeps have more numbers than creeps not counting the end of this summer when over HALF of the freeps that where on where creep main players just farming all the greenies that where hitting moors.

The main problem before RoR was that creeps where starhuggers and hated to die, the new problem in moors is that freeps and creeps are renown/infamy desperate and are always on creepside hogging 100% buffs from keeps, 100% buffs from Delving, the gift and crown buffs, and 75%/50% of OP buffs. If one of them dies or they wipe they take all the OPs.

List of freeps that I have actually seen going to Moors while I am on:
    Valiava
    Hezz
    Esfiel
    Toq
    Fruit
    Murder
    Carerun
    Juhan
    Dafro
    Withbrand
    Spar
    Elektra
    Kralizec
    Milt (recently)
    Koni (recently)

You never see more than 6 of these on at the same time usually in moors.

Today I saw what I've been seeing since RoR came out on creepside vs 5 - 6 freeps:
    4 reavers
    2 Def
    2 BA (rare sight there wasnt more of them)
    4 wargs (at one point there where 5 - 6)
    3 WL
    3 - 4 Spiders

I count them all grouped up even if they where not in a group simply because they all moved together everywhere. (1 of us was 2 boxing not giving info of where the creeps where or when they where hitting but just telling us about creeps QQing that Toq, Koni and Fruit where on rangers Valiava/Me where healing). Valiava and I died in less than 30 sec - 1 min from the start of the fight.
    I'm a human manifestation of all 7 Cardinal Sins.
    Giovy (Captain Main) /Giiovy (Mini Sub Main) - Last Stand of Olorin(PvP/PvE Kin) - Brandywine (Main)
    Giovy (Captain Main) /Zuheiry (LM Sub Main) - Exceptional(PvE T2c Raid Kin) - Nimrodel

Who says that this is stuck around Avengers? Pretty much tons of freep gear is still at 75, and effectively theyve been nerfed what with new scaling, so now were doing even LESS damage than before yet creeps get twice the health and more mits/evades stuff

Then there's the bad Nimrodel problem of SOOO many creeps. We literally have no chance of trying to take an OP before getting zerged and facerolled, once the real action starts that is (if any real action starts)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast