We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Thank you for this post.

A quick question: as soon as the required faction standing is achieved, the quests associated with it would appear? For example,

Quote Originally Posted by tjoeman01 View Post
    Helm Huntsman - NPC = Scurwig
    The Lumber Mill: Rebuild (15) - Edgal (no rep)
    The Lumber Mill: Enhancements IV (5) - Warin (Norcrofts Ally)
    [Helm of the Hytbold Huntsman] (35)
    would the Lumber Mill Enhancements IV be available without reaching the standing required for I-III, and without doing them first?

I-III are not prereqs of IV. I assume you have to Rebuild before doing IV, but you can do IV without doing I-III.
    [size=1][i]A spaceship from another star / They ask me where all the people are
    I tell them I'm the only one / There was a war, but I must have won[/i][/size]

I just made some calculations what would be better, 5% more crit or the 4 set bonus (i think it's about 1.5% damage increase)

Let's take for example we do 100 hits, where all normal hits do 1000 damage without the set bonus increase or +crit damage.
    And we have 25% crit chance, and 10% dev crit chance.

Without the 4 set bonus or 5% more crit damage we get this:
    65x 1.000=65.000
    25x 1.500=37.500
    10x 2.000=20.000

With the 4 set bonus (i take it is +1.5% damage increase) we get this:
    65x 1.015=65.975
    25x 1.500=38.050
    10x 2.030=20.300

And with the +5% crit multiplier bonus we get this:
    65x 1.000=65.000
    25x 1.550 =38.750
    10x 2.050=20.500

It's not 100% accurate, because i read auto attack crits and dev crits have a lower multiplier then skill crits/dev crits, but it might help.

Edit2: Adjusted crit multiplier as suggested by the post below. Now which set is better depends on the 4 set if it really adds 1.5% or less or more.
    As for now the 2 seems to be just as good.
    Last edited by DutchEZmoder; Nov 06 2012 at 06:50 AM.

As far as I know crit multiplier does not effect devastate damage. Also, I think that crit multiplier is additive i.e. 1.5+0.05=1.55 as opposed to multiplicative 1.5*1.05= 1.575... This is confusing because it is called a multiplier; the key is that it is additive before the damage is multiplied.

I suspect when you take this in to account the damage bonus will pull ahead of the crit multiplier.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhoris_they_spider View Post
    As far as I know crit multiplier does not effect devastate damage. Also, I think that crit multiplier is additive i.e. 1.5+0.05=1.55 as opposed to multiplicative 1.5*1.05= 1.575... This is confusing because it is called a multiplier; the key is that it is additive before the damage is multiplied.

I suspect when you take this in to account the damage bonus will pull ahead of the crit multiplier.
    You are right with 1.5 + 0.05 = 1.55, i forgot about that so it needs some tweaking. But i do think crit multiplier also affects dev CRIT multiplier... Not sure though but who can know?

Quote Originally Posted by DutchEZmoder View Post
    You are right with 1.5 + 0.05 = 1.55, i forgot about that so it needs some tweaking. But i do think crit multiplier also affects dev CRIT multiplier... Not sure though but who can know?
    I can't find a source to back it up, but I'm pretty sure tests have shown that crit multiplier only applies to regular crits. 'Devastate magnitude' is the equivalent for dev crits I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by EU_Orc_Bane View Post
    I can't find a source to back it up, but I'm pretty sure tests have shown that crit multiplier only applies to regular crits. 'Devastate magnitude' is the equivalent for dev crits I believe.
    Could be, but would be strange since by those means a champ crits would do the same damage as dev crits. Since crits are x1.5 damage by default and dev crits x2.0. Champs got +50% crit multiplier legacy so crits would do the same damage? I don't think so.

Also devastate magnitude is something different, if you have +30% dev magnitude it means you have a 'chance' to do 30% more damage with a devastate, the number is something between 1% - 30% more damage, it's basically a random number.

Im not sure about champs... maybe they do the same dmg crits/devs, but actually no, I think its... the base damage before the crit is a random number, then if it crits, x1.5% + crit multipliers, and devs have the same thing i think

dunno, trying to find numbers for an average extra damage output with -10% induc, but im realllyyy digging .9sec swift bow!

thats like a QS, only 3x the epicness ^^
    Last edited by myforumacc2; Nov 06 2012 at 02:08 PM.
    Mirkwoodian - Savior of the Ettenmoors

Squishy sacrificial tank 2012ish

Quote Originally Posted by myforumacc2 View Post
    dunno, trying to find numbers for an average extra damage output with -10% induc, but im realllyyy digging .9sec swift bow!
    That's harder to calculate if you can calculate it at all. It depends how many induction skills you use and what your damage output is from only induction skills.

Well you could do some tests on training dummies by shooting at it for about a minute. Check plugin CombatAnalysis what your DPS is. Count how attacks you did, count how many were induction skills. Then if that number is like 20% of all your attacks you can say 20% of my DPS was from induction skills. 20% of let's say 2500 DPS is 500 DPS. -10% induction adds 50 more DPS then. Well something like that i think.

Quote Originally Posted by DutchEZmoder View Post
    Could be, but would be strange since by those means a champ crits would do the same damage as dev crits. Since crits are x1.5 damage by default and dev crits x2.0. Champs got +50% crit multiplier legacy so crits would do the same damage? I don't think so.

Also devastate magnitude is something different, if you have +30% dev magnitude it means you have a 'chance' to do 30% more damage with a devastate, the number is something between 1% - 30% more damage, it's basically a random number.
    A champ does in fact crit for the same amount as he devs with most skills (Remorseless Strikes is an exception due to the higher dev multiplier). That means, a champ has about 35% devastate chance and does not crit .
    And dev magnitude of 30% means for the Champ your devs deal exactly 30% more than without the dev magnitude. Dev mag stacks multiplicatively with dev multi but I do not know how different dev magnitudes behave (e.g. Fervour pots, relics, procs from Arthar, Moors Helmet, Turtle Braclet etc.).

would not make more sense to go either 4 huntsman or 4 bowmaster and get 2 critted horse lord piecs for helm and shoulders or has anyone done the math on these

Random perhaps interesting fact: Champ crit mag from traits does effect dev mag (who knows why, but it does) but the LI legacy for crit mag does not. It's probably the same for hunters (and I haven't played my hunter since RoR, so idr if there are trait crit mag bonuses lol)
    Akhash - R6 defiler

I've looked all over for the NPC Warin, but I can't find him. Can anyone help me out?

Quote Originally Posted by Mattski View Post
    I've looked all over for the NPC Warin, but I can't find him. Can anyone help me out?
    He's in the Norcrofts district. You can only see him if you're ally to Norcrofts, though.
    Chromite (Hunter) - Grumbletocks (Guardian) on Landroval, Appendage (Hunter) on Brandywine

Quote Originally Posted by ChromiteSwiftpaw View Post
    He's in the Norcrofts district. You can only see him if you're ally to Norcrofts, though.
    Thank you! The Ally part was the problem

Bumping for reference....

Anyone considered 2/2/2 with the upcoming changes to sets?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2