We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hunter Hytbold Plan

Hey Hunters, I've taken a look at the hytbold armor sets and am going to go with a mix of 3 and 3 from the Huntsman set, and the bowmaster set. This will give me -10% bow inductions and +5% crit multiplier.

Thanks to Fredelas' Post here: http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?482751

I've planned out what hytbold quests are needed to get this. Just wanted to get an easy post out there for which quests to do if you want to go this route as a few people in other threads were talking about going with this mix.

Good news: you dont need any kindred NPCs in order to get this set. The amount of tokens is in the parenthesis ()

Helm Huntsman - NPC = Scurwig
    The Lumber Mill: Rebuild (15) - Edgal (no rep)
    The Lumber Mill: Enhancements IV (5) - Warin (Norcrofts Ally)
    [Helm of the Hytbold Huntsman] (35)

Chestpiece Huntsman - NPC = Scurwig
    The Smithy: Rebuild (15) - Edgal (no rep)
    The Smithy: Superior Forge (5) - Oseg (Wold Ally)
    [Jacket of the Hytbold Huntsman] (35)

Gloves Huntsman - NPC = Scurwig
    The Mead Hall: Outdoor Enhancements V (5) - Warin (Norcrofts Ally)
    [Gloves of the Hytbold Huntsman] (15)

Legs Bowmaster - NPC = Strangmal
    Farmhouse of the Sutcrofts: Rebuild (5) - Hereswith (Sutcrofts Ally)
    [Leggings of the Hytbold Bowmaster] (15)

Boots Bowmaster - NPC = Strangmal
    The Palisade: Rebuild VII (5) - Fréamar (Entwash Ally)
    [Boots of the Hytbold Bowmaster] (15)

Shoulders Bowmaster - NPC = Strangmal
    The Mead Hall: Rebuild (25) - Edgal (no rep) (which is the first quest you do)
    The Mead Hall: Outdoor Enhancements I (5) - Edgal (no rep)
    The Mead Hall: Outdoor Enhancements II (5) - Edgal (no rep)
    completing both of the above unlocks
    The Mead Hall: Interior Enhancements I (5) - Edgal (no rep) - [Shoulderpads of the Hytbold Bowmaster] (15)
    [Shoulderpads of the Hytbold Bowmaster] (15)

Total = 225 Hytbold Tokens. Not counting any completion deeds that could speed it up, you could get this set up in 7-8 days. Not too bad to have an 85 set in that amount of time, and can spend your hytbold tokens the rest of the way on getting the town set up or getting your crafting instances situated, etc.
    Last edited by tjoeman01; Oct 22 2012 at 04:37 PM.
    Melliot - Hobbit Hunter and many alts :)

Quote Originally Posted by tjoeman01 View Post
    Hey Hunters, I've taken a look at the hytbold armor sets and am going to go with a mix of 3 and 3 from the Huntsman set, and the bowmaster set. This will give me -10% bow inductions and +5% crit multiplier.

(....snip....)

Total = 190 Hytbold Tokens. Not counting any completion deeds that could speed it up, you could get this set up in 7-8 days. Not too bad to have an 85 set in that amount of time, and can spend your hytbold tokens the rest of the way on getting the town set up or getting your crafting instances situated, etc.
    Nice work! The nice thing about this is that it includes the unlock for the Smithy and Superior Forge so you can immediately start working on your top end relic (get Compendium Vol IV from the daily repeatable for Ore) and get the cooldown counting for it.

Also, if you play your deeds right you can get some bonus rewards of 25 hytbold tokens for completion of the deed. Just need luck of the random quests that show up in the towns.
    Chromite (Hunter) - Grumbletocks (Guardian) on Landroval, Appendage (Hunter) on Brandywine

Hehe ive made this very same list on a piece of paper today to find out what is the eaisest way to obtain 3+3 set

And ye, we have it the same +rep
    Christiniel, leader of Czech Royal Knights on Withywindle server

Thumbs up

Very nice ,,,, cant wait
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/012030000001e59d7/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

you forgot unlock the stable so you can get to the quest cities and back easily. Snowbourn is close but still 30-60 second or more ride from hytbold.
    Welleg - brandywine, Kelleg/Gelleg - Landroval
    WARNING: leveling a warden may cause you to neglect your other characters.

Quote Originally Posted by gelleg View Post
    you forgot unlock the stable so you can get to the quest cities and back easily. Snowbourn is close but still 30-60 second or more ride from hytbold.
    I'd rather save my tokens hehe
    Chromite (Hunter) - Grumbletocks (Guardian) on Landroval, Appendage (Hunter) on Brandywine

Thumbs up

Very good very good, this helps a great deal when coming down to finding who gives what quests and gives the quickest root to getting the gear.

+rep
    [center]Superior Grand Master Spectator of Wall-Paint Drying[/center]

The Mead Hall: Interior Enhancements I (5) - Edgal (no rep)
    should be:
    The Mead Hall: Outdoor Enhancements I (5) - Edgal (no rep)
    The Mead Hall: Outdoor Enhancements II (5) - Edgal (no rep)
    The Mead Hall: Interior Enhancements I (5) - Edgal (no rep)
    Es grüßt General HauptmannMilithion - Held der Ettenöden

Sippenleiter von MNdK
    Technische Hilfe FAQ: http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?402521-Technische-Hilfe-FAQ

Yeah, I was just going to post that too hehe. I finally had enough room in my inventory to actualy barter for 5 of my pieces.

Now I have 15 tokens left and am hoping for some luck on the dailies so I can complete a deed come reset. Just need the helmet!
    Last edited by ChromiteSwiftpaw; Oct 21 2012 at 01:48 PM.

First, great work on listing exactly what you need to get into your new shiny armor in such a concise manner.

In your opinion, do you think that the 3B/3R set is worth sacrificing the +388 physical mastery that comes from either the 4B/2R or 4R/2B set in place of either the reduced induction from the Huntsman set or the increased crit from the Bowmaster?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a00000013ee56/01008/signature.png]Laurela[/charsig]

Thanks for posting this.

Total = 190 Hytbold Tokens. Not counting any completion deeds that could speed it up, you could get this set up in 7-8 days. Not too bad to have an 85 set in that amount of time, and can spend your hytbold tokens the rest of the way on getting the town set up or getting your crafting instances situated, etc.
    Thanks and +rep

Regards
    /T
    Dawarad HNT | Dawadan MIN | Dawfast CMP | Dawaran CPT | Dawmur GRD | Dawared WRD | Dawagrim RK | Dawaras LM | Daweric BRG | Dawagar MIN | Dawarar CMP | Dawnakh WRG | Dawbag BA | Dawgil WVR | Dawglob WL |

Quote Originally Posted by Fruge View Post
    First, great work on listing exactly what you need to get into your new shiny armor in such a concise manner.
    In your opinion, do you think that the 3B/3R set is worth sacrificing the +388 physical mastery that comes from either the 4B/2R or 4R/2B set in place of either the reduced induction from the Huntsman set or the increased crit from the Bowmaster?
    If you're 5B/fleetness apparently reduced induction won't stack with fleetness, so 4R/2B would seem the way to go.
    105s: Aedfrith (HN), Aldnoth (CP), Brai (RK), Hrolfdan (MN), Aeldfryd (WD), Morriarty (CH), Aednoth (LM), Mishhar (BR), Hraldan (GR), Rummbold (BG). Tinies - Rumbelina (MN), Aenghus (CP)
    Rangers of Eriador (officer), ex-Snowbourn now Laurelin - A Noob for All Seasons

My initial thought is that the +5% crit is pretty nice and that I wont mind losing 300 mastery at all for that.

What I personally plan on doing is getting the quests and gear completed for the 3/3 mix. That will hold me over for 85 skraids and helegrod and what not. I'll then complete the last crafting instance I need (for me, its the study.), and then I'm going to take a look at what pre-requisites I need to complete the red and blue sets.

Then, once I have complete red and complete blue sets, I can then toy around with what works best for my style of play and for DPS.
    Melliot - Hobbit Hunter and many alts :)

Thumbs up

Thanks for Post.
    Exearus

Versace

I was able to complete my 3 + 3 set yesterday and also maxed all 4 of my reputations

Opened up the wood crafting instance (already opened up ore as first thing for the compendium/relic cooldown) and am now going to work at opening up scholar instance.

Thank you for posting this. Plus rep!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0000002ea3ec/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Couldn't figure out which ones I was missing, so spent a few tokens on different things and something unlocked what was previously locked...though I thought I followed the guide and this page closely. Regardless, it's unlocked now, so my previous post here has been edited (since I can't tell why it wasn't working).
    Last edited by Ardineck; Oct 24 2012 at 07:43 AM. Reason: Unlocked, though not sure why

Quote Originally Posted by Aedfrith View Post
    If you're 5B/fleetness apparently reduced induction won't stack with fleetness, so 4R/2B would seem the way to go.
    as far as i have seen it, it does stack.
    with the set, fleetness, and needfull haste i was don at 0.6 for IQS and 0.8 for ISB, and without the set it was at 0.7 and 0.9
    Es grüßt General HauptmannMilithion - Held der Ettenöden

Sippenleiter von MNdK
    Technische Hilfe FAQ: http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?402521-Technische-Hilfe-FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by Milithion View Post
    as far as i have seen it, it does stack.
    with the set, fleetness, and needfull haste i was don at 0.6 for IQS and 0.8 for ISB, and without the set it was at 0.7 and 0.9
    Can anyone else to confirm this?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArise View Post
    Can anyone else to confirm this?
    I can confirm it. I was messing around with gear swapping, doing the buff and swapping back to Hytbold 3 + 3. It worked but there's some sort of UI bug (Or maybe it's intentional) that makes the gear swapping super slow and laggy.

Quote Originally Posted by ChromiteSwiftpaw View Post
    I can confirm it. I was messing around with gear swapping, doing the buff and swapping back to Hytbold 3 + 3. It worked but there's some sort of UI bug (Or maybe it's intentional) that makes the gear swapping super slow and laggy.
    Than it is all about +5% Critical Multiplier vs 38 Agility + 388 Physical Mastery Rating. To be more clear 3 Huntsman and 3Bowmaster vs 4 Huntsman and 2 Bowmaster ... At a first view 4/2 is better but must be verified.

Nice guide Melliot, thanks for the effort, not sure if I will go straight 3/3 but it's a good blueprint none the less.

One issue of note that I ran into and some others who didn't beta Rohan or just haven't paid much attention should be aware of is the need to unlock faction rep for the zones needed to do Hyt quests(needed to get quest NPCs up).

I was lucky to have done the Entwash Vale (at Eaworth) shortly after starting and thus got Palisades-Freamar up, but it isn't immediately apparent nor did I see it mentioned in the big post on Hytbold about the need to get certain faction reps done via the daily quests. You can easily screw yourself by not getting Ally standing with the various factions as when you concentrate on finishing one zone to get the bonus completion.

Sounds like maybe some others have ran into this issue as well. With the obvious lack of faction rep quests outside this quest line, it would seem prudent to include the need to get faction rep as well when planning to light up the various Hytbold quest tree branches.
    Last edited by Delirium; Oct 28 2012 at 03:59 PM.
    [COLOR=#ffa500][I]Hossi Smashi [/I][/COLOR][I][COLOR=#0000ff]Berenhad Halberen Berendur [/COLOR][COLOR=#dda0dd]Belberella [/COLOR][COLOR=#008080]Beerbo Burpo
    [/COLOR][COLOR=#dda0dd]
    [/COLOR][COLOR=#afeeee]Bron Yr Aur[/COLOR][COLOR=#dda0dd]

[/COLOR][COLOR=#cccc33][B]Poxid - Snarlz[/B][/COLOR][/I]

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArise View Post
    Than it is all about +5% Critical Multiplier vs 38 Agility + 388 Physical Mastery Rating. To be more clear 3 Huntsman and 3Bowmaster vs 4 Huntsman and 2 Bowmaster ... At a first view 4/2 is better but must be verified.
    Just gonna throw out what I know from previous mess arounds with crit multipliers...

Avg fleetness hunter may get like 30% crits (?), throw in a 1500 dps, 30% of that is going to hit for 5% extra... whatever 500 rounded. So boost 500 + 5% makes it +25 to earlier dps.... 1525

5% aint much honestly, although red line does get more crits, like 40% or so(?)

Btw never really knew if my math was correct but anyways, Im getting 10% less inductions for now
    Mirkwoodian - Savior of the Ettenmoors

Squishy sacrificial tank 2012ish

Quote Originally Posted by myforumacc2 View Post
    Just gonna throw out what I know from previous mess arounds with crit multipliers...

Avg fleetness hunter may get like 30% crits (?), throw in a 1500 dps, 30% of that is going to hit for 5% extra... whatever 500 rounded. So boost 500 + 5% makes it +25 to earlier dps.... 1525

5% aint much honestly, although red line does get more crits, like 40% or so(?)

Btw never really knew if my math was correct but anyways, Im getting 10% less inductions for now
    You are kind of correct, but since crits hit harder then non-crits it is a bigger impact than you calculated. Lets say for argument sake that your crits make up 70% of your DPS, 1050 DPS. It has to be higher than your percentage because of the amount of damage a crit does. This will add about 50 DPS to your 1500 build, which is about a 3.5% gain. This is probably a tad more accurate.

I really don't think there would be any difference between a 3R/3B or 4/2 Hytbold set with +38 agility and +388 physical mastery. I think the difference in DPS would be soo small that it would take someone taking dozens of hours of data to distinguish the difference. If anyone wants to take a few hundred parses, be my guest

Edit: By the way before I get flammed for saying 70%, I was going the high end of damage. The other thing is I think going 4/2 would slightly benefit people that have lower agility (around 2000) and the 3/3 would slightly favor hunters with about 3000 agility. Somewhere between there it would make absolutely no difference.
    Last edited by discodanman45; Oct 29 2012 at 01:00 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast