We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Phlar_EU View Post
    When the model looks like this, you are bugged.

A quick relog will fix this for me as it did for me yesterday.

he doesn't wear a full set, some other pieces of the other sets may be on him.. just reflect what he wears and you have no problem finishing it

Good luck
    This wasn't true for me. It was wearing everything except shoulders and helm the other day. I got all updates except those 2. I tried all 3 sets of those 2 items and it never updated.

If you don't see the dummy wearing everything, then its not worth trying. Relog, switch layers or try another day and hope you get lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Phlar_EU View Post
    When the model looks like this, you are bugged.

A quick relog will fix this for me as it did for me yesterday.

he doesn't wear a full set, some other pieces of the other sets may be on him.. just reflect what he wears and you have no problem finishing it

Good luck
    Quick relog might fix it if you're lucky, but I gave up after 5 last time. Even left the zone a few times to switch layers. And regardless of what you see, you will always need all 6 pieces to finish. And the ones you can't see you can't get.
    Work like no one is watching, dance like you don't need the money...

I came across a couple of issues, which might help you finish that quest, if you have trouble.

1) Make sure all your clothing pieces are visible. I had my helmet hidden and I couldn't complete that part. When I made it appear, everything was fine.

2) Make sure you don't wear a clothing that covers another piece of clothing. My toon wears a chest piece that looks more like a robe (even though it is heavy armour). The thing is, the leggings are not seen from it. I tried all three types of leggings and it didn't work. When I switched to my equipment look, however, the quest leggings were visible, and I was able to complete it.

The only good news here is that the quest once again gives 1,200 reputation. However, I can say for sure it is the first and last time I am doing this quest - it's simply not fun.
    Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent.

Quote Originally Posted by Adanamir View Post
    1) Make sure all your clothing pieces are visible. I had my helmet hidden and I couldn't complete that part. When I made it appear, everything was fine.
    I finally saw the manequin wearing all of the armour and immediately picked up the quest. I was able to complete it with no issues after being unable to get all of the updates 3 other times.

I can say for sure it is the first and last time I am doing this quest - it's simply not fun.
    Agree. This was a pain.

Quest is bugged for me to as dress up model is in his undies. Tried relogging a few times but no luck.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a00000000a5b6/01005/signature.png]Odysses[/charsig]

Odysses - Hobbit Burglar *(Rank 7 pre book 12)
    Idyses - Black Arrow Rank 9 (Servers first Sig Creep!)

Same here. This morning, naked model. It's the last one I need for the deed, too. I'll just keep trying, and hope that maybe when Harwick layers or whatever, that I can finish it.
    Favorite Dev Quote from 2009: Graal: The lack of an instant threat catch up skill is one of the differences in tanking between Wardens and Guardians, just like Wardens dont have a easily used forced taunt. It is unlikely, but not impossible that this will change. Bottom line...Dont die.

Still bugged

Shoot, was hoping they would've fixed this with yesterday's patch. Went after the Balladeer set and got all the pieces except the helm. Kept clicking on the crate, but my helm never changed. Went back to the model, and not surprisingly, nothing happened. Submitted bug report.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/05203000000128fd1/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

This quest isn't even worth doing. I ran around and got a few items, went to the dummy, only the chest piece matched, tried the gloves 8 or 9 times in a row, nothing. Cancelled it, I'll never even try it again.
    When the Rebels become the Tyrants, Revolution takes on a New Meaning.

Quote Originally Posted by opus512 View Post
    This quest isn't even worth doing. I ran around and got a few items, went to the dummy, only the chest piece matched, tried the gloves 8 or 9 times in a row, nothing. Cancelled it, I'll never even try it again.
    Actually this quest is not as bad as it seems, especially if you print out that nice "map" that Borafin posted earlier on this thread. Here's how I do this quest (I really don't try to mix-match by looking at the pieces):

First I just equip 6 random pieces from one part of Harwick and return to dressup model. I might get 1-3 pieces right. Then I see which pieces I still need (it's important to notice that you don't have to wear all 6 right pieces at the same time, it's enough you have ONE right piece and then that part is completed), and go to another area of Harwick and get those pieces and see if they are right. I might get another piece or two right, and then I just go to the last boxes of those pieces I still need, and then the quest is done.

So you need to run back to dressup model maximum of three times with that "tactic". Unless the model is bugged of course. I haven't experienced this myself but people have been complaining about that and for them logging out and back in has done the trick (usually).

Quote Originally Posted by Caylean View Post
    Shoot, was hoping they would've fixed this with yesterday's patch. Went after the Balladeer set and got all the pieces except the helm. Kept clicking on the crate, but my helm never changed. Went back to the model, and not surprisingly, nothing happened. Submitted bug report.
    Did you have your helmet visible on your toon? I had the same problem, as I like most of my toons to be bare-headed. It turned out that I had equipped the required helm, but the quest wouldn't update, because the helm piece was toggled as not visible (in the cosmetic options). Make sure all your dress pieces are visible, this may resolve the issue.
    Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent.

Really great map borafin...Easy quest with it !!!

Exclamation I am also seeing the "normal clothes/no outfit" version of the dummy

And unfortunately, logging out and back in does not reset it to an actual outfit. The problem is not just cosmetic -- I tried all three outfits, figuring that maybe it was just a rendering issue on the dummy. Nope, the dummy has no outfit on.

Bugged quest.

Same problem that most others are having: no outfits on the dummy (even after a relog or three), and no outfit pieces are granting credit.

Armour of the Winter - Glove error

I checked the dummy....got all the matching pieces and the gloves for that outfit are slightly different so there is no match. This appears to be a programming error.

Still bugged...

Dumbest.
    Quest.
    Ever.
    [I][B][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03204010000096a30/signature.png]Veelvraat[/charsig][/B][/I]
    [B][I]Bloodyfury - BA R8[/I][/B]
    [B][I]Kazgaroth - WL R4[/I][/B]

Re Dress up

Spoiler. This link makes it easy. Has pic of each outfit. you look at dummy look and link. check map. go get it.

http://lotrostrategery.wordpress.com...uest-dress-up/

About to try it for first time now. wish you and I luck

This quest is still bugged and I need it for the deed. The dummy is only wearing legs and boots. I matched those and can't get the quest completed. He's not wearing anything for helm, shoulders, armor, or gloves. Relogging doesn't help.

Wait a day or two while not canceling it. That worked for me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2