We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How to finish Hytbold Quest "Dress-up" in Harwick?

I really dont know what to do with this quest. It says i should dress like the dressup model, but it doesnt wear any of the clothes i find in the boxes in Harwick. It just wears that default-outfit you start with on level 1 and when you lay down all your clothes. I already tried to wear each of the 3 sets i find in the boxes in Harwick but nothing happens when i "wear it before the model" as the quest text says. I cannot click on the dressup model or the quest-npc. So is there a bug in this quest or am i doing it wrong?

I'm really thankful for help.
    Als Schachspieler darf man seinem Gegner nie seine Winkelzüge zeigen!

Walk up to the model (get practically on top of it.)
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Of all Hytbold dailies, I hate this one most. Or, at least I used to hate it most, until today I finally noticed that you don't have to wear ALL 6 pieces at the same time, it seems to be enough to wear one or more correct pieces and present them to model, then those pieces "gets updated". In beta and until today I thought that you had to wear all correct 6 pieces and I thought it was almost impossible since there was this stupid 5 minute timer on each piece. So you had to remember where each correct piece was located, and for me that seemed too hard to handle.

Anyway, collect these different gear pieces from crates all over Harwick, and then show them to model and see which ones you got right, then change those pieces you still got wrong, and repeat that until you are done.

Thank you for the help! But unfortunately your advice somehow doesnt work for me. Let me say that i am not English speaking and maybe i understand something wrong. I tried again to put on all pieces of the three sets in the Harwick-Boxes (Winter, Regal, Ballader) one after the other and stood in front of the model which stays "nude" in his underwear. What do i have do do there? Jump around? Use an emote? ... I cant click anything and nothing happens.
    I'm really sorry that i can't use your advice, i think i misunderstand something. For example: when you explain to me "walk up to the model" i understand it like "go back to the model after putting on all 6 parts of one set and then wait what happens". Or when you say "get pratically on top of it" i am sure i understand it wrong, because for me (not English) it means i have to find a position above the model (which i cant find).
    I'm really sorry, but i really really thank you for your help!

edit: just saw the second advice. Thank you, i will try that now!
    Als Schachspieler darf man seinem Gegner nie seine Winkelzüge zeigen!

Just finished this quest for the first and last time!

Here are the rough coordinates and the contents of the crates for those that are still struggling:

Gloves
    39.8S 52.5W Winter
    39.0S 51.8W Balladeer
    39.9S 51.7W Regal

Boots
    40.1S 52.5W Winter
    40.1S 52.1W Balladeer
    39.3S 52.9W Regal

Helm
    39.5S 53.0W Regal
    39.2S 52.2W Balladeer
    39.6S 52.8W Winter

Chest
    40.0S 51.9W Regal
    39.0S 52.5W Winter
    39.3S 51.9W Balladeer

Shoulders
    39.9S 52.0W Regal
    39.4S 52.3W Balladeer
    39.7S 53.1W Winter

Legs
    39.5S 52.9W Winter
    39.0S 52.2W Balladeer
    40.1S 51.7W Regal

Feel free to correct any mistakes.
    Last edited by Belechael; Jan 10 2013 at 03:40 AM.
    Arequain [B]Belechael[/B], Legate of Celosien, Minas Brethil, Lebennin

Quote Originally Posted by Zap.Smith-Brannigan View Post
    Thank you for the help! But unfortunately your advice somehow doesnt work for me. Let me say that i am not English speaking and maybe i understand something wrong. I tried again to put on all pieces of the three sets in the Harwick-Boxes (Winter, Regal, Ballader) one after the other and stood in front of the model which stays "nude" in his underwear. What do i have do do there? Jump around? Use an emote? ... I cant click anything and nothing happens.
    I'm really sorry that i can't use your advice, i think i misunderstand something. For example: when you explain to me "walk up to the model" i understand it like "go back to the model after putting on all 6 parts of one set and then wait what happens". Or when you say "get pratically on top of it" i am sure i understand it wrong, because for me (not English) it means i have to find a position above the model (which i cant find).
    I'm really sorry, but i really really thank you for your help!

edit: just saw the second advice. Thank you, i will try that now!
    I missed your reply initially, sorry about that. Do you still have trouble with this quest? Anyway, you don't have to click anything, just go in front of the mannequin and quest updates, but ONLY IF you wear one or more correct pieces. If you have wrong clothes, then nothing happens.

Chest of the Winter is 52.5W not 51.5W. But thank you regardless of errors I'm never doing this quest again!

I'll only keep doing this quest until I hit Kindred with the Wold, THEN I'll never do it again
    Riddermark Server
    Thorund - 100 Champion; Thorundel - 100 Hunter; Thorundelun - 100 Captain; Grimgarhelm - 100 Burglar

Quote Originally Posted by Borafin View Post
    I'll only keep doing this quest until I hit Kindred with the Wold, THEN I'll never do it again
    Until the next toon *shudders*
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

I will be doing this quest once per toon... that's it. Very vexing, it was. One does not simply find all the right cosmetic pieces...

what makes it particularly vexing is that his costume can change while you're getting the piece to match.

Found a nice map that show exactly where in Harwick the pieces are, and it's colour coded to match sets.

SPOILER! Map is posted below, so don't scroll down if you want to keep finding them yourself

Last edited by Borafin; Oct 28 2012 at 09:11 PM.
    Riddermark Server
    Thorund - 100 Champion; Thorundel - 100 Hunter; Thorundelun - 100 Captain; Grimgarhelm - 100 Burglar

this is a really stupid quest. there is no way to tell what the dummy is wearing. i have the same chest boots, gloves on but nothing happens when i approce the dummy. and top it off turbine does not give enough information to complete the quest.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202000000339569/01003/signature.png]Sanbor[/charsig]

To me, the dress-up model looks like he's just wearing his underwear. I have tried every piece on in front of him and nothing has happened. Has anybody else had this experience?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d21600000000958b/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Appears bugged

The model does not appear to have any Armour pieces on. I tried all three sets for both helms and gloves but with no results. I filed an in-game ticket but they referred me to file one through the support portal. They should really deactivate this quest from the daily rotation until they get it fixed.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000000a4867/signature.png]Rockonn[/charsig]

I was attempting the quest before today's downtime and the model wasn't wearing anything. After the downtime, the model had armour on and I was able to complete the quest just fine.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d21600000000958b/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I couldn't see any armour on the dummy after downtime. I tried relogging but still no luck. Guess I'll try another day.

Quote Originally Posted by PerinStone View Post
    I couldn't see any armour on the dummy after downtime. I tried relogging but still no luck. Guess I'll try another day.
    This seems to be broken. I logged into today and the dummy was wearing some clothes so I was able to match everything except his head and shoulders. I tried all 3 sets of those remaining pieces and none of them updated. My game crashed at that point so I logged back in. Now the dummy doesn't show me anything.

So it looks like if you can't see the item he's wearing you can't do the quest.

arrived in hardwick to do my daily's. took the quest dress up. dress up model is wearing no clothes just the default ones like if you were naked. sent in a ticket. was told they couldn't/wouldn't help me because its not a known issue. piss poor customer service. that GM could have completed the quest that day for me. or gave me the 1200 rep.

as a VIP i get customer service..... IMHO i didn't not receive customer service i don't care that the quest is broken that's not my problem i pay for a service that i didn't receive. you should have done more beta testing and LISTEN to your beta tester.

so now because of a broken system i lose out on rep as i need Wold kindred for 80% of the things i must rebuild to get a full set of armor.
    Last edited by Asroknight; Nov 02 2012 at 05:50 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202000000339569/01003/signature.png]Sanbor[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Crell_1 View Post
    Walk up to the model (get practically on top of it.)
    I think this is what the OP is talking about...

My dummy today was wearing everything but shoulders and helm. I tried all 3 shoulders and helms, and none worked. I relogged to see if the clothes would show up, and the other 4 pieces disappeared and he was in his undies.

Between needing Dressage for deed today, and wasting time on Dress-Up, was a frustrating day for dailies.
    Work like no one is watching, dance like you don't need the money...

Hubby and I noticed that when we were in different layers in Harwick, we saw the mannequin wearing different costumes. So maybe changing layers will help you find a mannequin who isn't wearing a broken costume. No guarantees though.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420800000003f501/01006/signature.png]Genadriel[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Asroknight View Post
    arrived in hardwick to do my daily's. took the quest dress up. dress up model is wearing no clothes just the default ones like if you were naked. sent in a ticket. was told they couldn't/wouldn't help me because its not a known issue. piss poor customer service. that GM could have completed the quest that day for me. or gave me the 1200 rep.

I have the same issue, and got the same response as you did from a GM. Really annoying, as I don't know when this quest will next show up, and I need it for the Wold deed.
    [IMG]http://i40.tinypic.com/r7q5fs.jpg[/IMG]
    Dorathin (GRD), Eodynn (CPT), Danulos (WRD), Rehalond (CHN)

Quote Originally Posted by deeman25845601 View Post
    I think this is what the OP is talking about...
    When the model looks like this, you are bugged.

A quick relog will fix this for me as it did for me yesterday.

he doesn't wear a full set, some other pieces of the other sets may be on him.. just reflect what he wears and you have no problem finishing it

Good luck
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2921e0000000141f3/signature.png]Phlar[/charsig]

It is not YOU who is bugged, it is the epic phasing tech thats not working. Just like missing walls and buildings in Hytbold - LOTRO just fails to load the phase.
    I hunt. I kill.

Warden by destiny, Hunter in the heart.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast